[Operation Home and Cooked OoC/Vox Channel]

Airwave communication across the surface of Valmaira
TheRedauthar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TheRedauthar » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:15 am

[Life on the frontlines is hard. Stomaching the slop and rations they call food is even harder. The taste is non-existent at best and poison-would-be-a-mercy at worst. And half the sludge will leave you obstructed, give the trots, or somehow even worse, both. Sure every now and again you might be lucky to have ratling in your squad or regiment that can work miracles with the radioactive ooze they call chow. However, this blessing is a double edged blade, as it leaves you even more troubled by crud when your chef is not available, and your chances are less than surviving your first, second, and third, 15 hours.

That’s why the promise of a home cooked meal is so appealing to a guardsman. It’s more flavorful than beige, you don’t usually have to hunt it yourself, and your chef is less likely to pick your pockets while your not looking, or least be less competent at it.

So when word of a home cooked meal, barbecue party at the Rustlands Farm spread like wildfire through the enlisted men. Dinner, dancing, games, an old fashioned good time. And the sign stated that Guardsmen were invited.

Of course that meant the sign was immediately demolished by the first officer that spotted it, and a strict ban from attending was posted at all the barracks, the ablution block, and the mess hall, as well as being held by a few “lucky” souls at the gates.

That won’t stop you however. Your clever, talented, and blast it, you wanna eat something that taste better than beige and gray! Through some hushed voices a last minute plan has been formed. The meeting place is just behind the garage....]

Welcome to the Vox Thread for Home and Cooked. After we get a few characters signed up we'll get the full thread underway. For now just post which character you'd like to use and I'll add them to the Cast List. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

While guardsmen of any rank are welcome, I'd advise not using officers as it would be weird that their taking an unauthorized leave. Also if you have someone you want to participate who wouldn't take an unauthorized leave let me know. I'll see what I can work out. Also note: I won't kill any of your characters unless your willing to have them die, but that doesn't mean they're free from harm. Dinner sporks can be dangerous.

ADDED LATER: If you can handle more than one character, you're allowed more than one (though I don't recommend taking more than 2). Just remember the idea is that the adventure is meant to go haywire. Your characters could get separated.

CAST:
1)Joseph Omen
2)Krieg Scout Unit #9453/8-316 Erika Hass
3)Jack Mackleman
4)Krag R. Krast
5)Raymond Yorke Sr.
6) O'Toole
7) 'Nov-dog' Novemberfort
Last edited by TheRedauthar on Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Hobbsy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Hobbsy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:08 am

Joseph Omen, along with most of the Bacarans, can't remember the last 'good' home cooked meal he had. So when word got out about this truly rare opportunity, he couldn't resist.
//

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:08 am

Krieg Scout Unit #9453/8-316 Erika Hass

Interference and attending is banned to personnel, but it does not dissuade Hauptmann #9453/1-101 from exploiting this gathering for the war effort.
By studying the culture of the local population, a competant strategist can discern the way they think, and by that they may be able to sway the population back to Imperial Loyalty, acheiving the long term strategic goal of pacifying the planet in the future.

This gathering is a good opportunity for observation, observation conducted by the best Scout available: Erika Hass

/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:44 am

Private Jack Mackleman, 58th Cadian. Been looking to throw him in a thread and felt this would be a good time for him.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:12 am

Cat has absolutely no qualms with sneaking off base for food, but I don't want to put other characters off, so if folk wouldn't come along if he's there off duty, I'll use Ahde, because nobody knows what his rank is. :) Either or.

https://i.imgur.com/DcrGVgm.jpg

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 am

Ahde would be a lot less offputting than a full blown Commissar, for my character anyway.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:02 am

Krast is always looking for a way off base and out of duty.

Who says the future has to be grimdark? Matt Ward that's who.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:36 pm

(To be fair, neither of my guys would go in uniform, Cat learned his lesson from D'Argent, and white jackets do kinda mix badly with barbeque. )

Mordian Characters:

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:29 pm

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:29 am

Alrighty, we'll be starting soon. Anyone on the fence of joining can still join for now.

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:40 am

We're up and running now. Check it out here.

Since Erika isn't breaking any of the rules, she'll have a special intro.

Anyone else who wishes to join who needs a special intro let me know.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:18 am

Is it okay if I have another two Bacarans come along? They would just come and eat food for story fluff. Is that okay or would it mess with the story?
//

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:09 am

Having thought on it, I think I probably have Cat in enough threads, even if some conclude, and Ahde may not be the best fit as he isn't terribly keen to break rules.
But the rollcall has given me a thought, and I think Raymond Sr may get an outing. He likely misses the good life. If he needs FRAK stats let me know before rolling starts, as I've never awarded any.

Mordian Characters:

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:35 pm

Raymond Sr would work. Would he just show up with the others or would he need his own entrance?

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:26 am

:oops: He'd just roll up, I'm just a bit behind on posts at the moment.

Mordian Characters:

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:04 pm

Oh, we've just started. We're not even out of the base yet.

So I didn't specify earlier. If you can handle playing more than one character at a time, you're free to bring more than one, but just remember part of the fun is the adventure is meant to go a little haywire.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:30 pm

All good, Nov-dog will most likely leave/get separated when I feel he's no longer needed.
//

NicklausOfKrieg

Postby NicklausOfKrieg » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:22 am

Will be joining with Leftenant Thomas Faeburn, to attend with the rest of the lads behind the garage. I hope you all don't mind.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:52 pm

Err. I'll have to consider if Raymond would still turn up if there's a lieutenant. Cat and Ahde definitely wouldn't, as they're too recognisable.

Mordian Characters:

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:54 pm

We'll need TheRedauthar's response as he had yet to sanction officers -even if they are undercover

/