Inspiration fodder

For anything else, questions, discussion, etc.
Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:08 am

They must be Preatorians then!
Maybe not from Preatoria but one of her Colonies, judging by the lack of a splendid dress uniform but the All-Terrain Tea Break is as good as any indicator

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:48 am

Speaking of how the Guard Looks like, I have this jam from the 197-something soviet movie "Only the Old go to battle"
Basically a song how a Russian Soldier falls in love with a Moldovian Partisan Girl. It is a nice piece which can be used from a Guard Regiment from an Agri World or a low tech civilized world. With some alternations.

https://youtu.be/8p7dJN2UjAw

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:16 am

Have you heard of the tale of "BADORK"? No one's sure if that's his name or if it's a particularly vulgar swearword from his world. But he answers to it either way. A lumbering great Ogryn who was as much a philosopher as he was a warrior (in his own special way)

By a curious clerical error BADORK (for one can only pronounce it as a bellow), found himself assigned to the Mordian 12th Armoured Regiment, much to the dismay of the regimental staff.

Still, they found him rather useful after a while, in a brutish sort of way; great at fetch and carry, phenomenal as a shock trooper and quite apt at body guard duty (although there was that one incident with the Lord Militant...but I hear he's doing very well these days, can even feed himself I'm told.)

No one really knows what happened to Trooper Vaylon Glinth, the soldier the Mordians were supposed to get...though I did hear of an Ogryn squad that had a mascot they called "Ickle George" but that really is a rumor and not to be taken as Ecclesiastical Gospel.

I saw the beast once, being cajoled and prodded into the back of a Chimera...terrifyimg it was, of the seven soldiers who tried to push him in, 3 ended up in the medicae with broken ribs, 2 with major head injuries and one now has a prothetic arm. And all the time BADORK was yelling "Ders no Candy in dere! NO CANDY!"

-Excerpt from Personal Communiques of Throne Agent Titus Grope
Doing the work of the Emperor is its own reward.

Characters: Colour Sergeant Fothergill-Scott
Fusillier Thomas "Geordie" Armstrong

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:51 am

Welcome back, Rodbob! :D

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:58 am

Heyy Rodbob! Long time, No see

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Hello all,

Apologies for the absence. Been going through a rough patch after a couple nasty incidents at work (I'm a police officer for those who didn't know). One of the side effects was complete writer's block/loss of creativity.
Long story short, spoke with support staff about it and have been concentrating on improving my mental health. Feeling good these days and wouldn't you know it, my spark has returned.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:28 pm

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling creative again. :)

Feel free to drop everyone's favourite colour Sgt into PT on base if you'd like to ease back in. We're going cross country conscript hunting. ;)

I believe there's a little mugshot sketch of your character in the art dump if you dig back a few pages. :D

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:08 am

I'll read through the forum and will post soon. Happy to be back. :D

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:46 am

It's wonderful to have you back mate! :D

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:34 am

Welcome back rodbob!

Sonoffenris

Postby Sonoffenris » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:01 pm

Followed the forum for the better part of a year and finally decided to join. Will be bringing in either a Death Rider Hauptmann or a Death Korps Commissar, a bit torn between the two.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:06 am

We don't have someone currently playing a death rider (actively), I would recommend that one, and or an average private so you can get the most use out of posting. :)
At the moment the active Krieg commissar has a particular purpose going on, gradually trying to achieve some kind of unity with the regiments.

(Also welcome!)

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:18 am

Hauptmann is an officer rank (Captain), the highest officer rank possible to play in this setting and reserved for only Social Role Play due to a commander's ability to call upon platoons of reinforcements.

Currently we lack grunts and lower NCOs and have too much officers.
I'd reccomend you to reconsider the rank for sake of actually participating in the forum in a bigger form than just conversations, mostly with other officers, on base.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:24 am

It's not reserved for anything by rules or mod decision, not officially..
It is just that with consideration, if you enter a topic with a captain, you will immediately outrank the other players, and quite often the GM of the topic.

It becomes disruptive in many situations and limits your play, as all writers reserve the right to choose who uses their topics. So while you can play and fight with a captain, you should consider also making a second character who can be used in more topics.

Sonoffenris

Postby Sonoffenris » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Cool, appreciate the insight.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Yeah it's not a matter of people disliking them, because everyone had the option to create higher ranking PCs, it's that they have drawbacks in use. For example the highest ranking NPC who actively deploys is Captain Perray, who another Captain could contradict. :)