Starting a new army

For anything else, questions, discussion, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Shanaar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Shanaar » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:47 am

I am wondering if you guys got any suggestions for a new army to start.
The guys I play with have Dark Eldar, Harlequins, Chaos Space Marines, Necrons and Orks. I already got a Death Watch army, but I want to start something new. So, do you guys have any suggestions?
Livy Israel: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43
Have you heard about the Emperor and the Saints? Let me tell you about it right after I finish the Burn the Heretic Bonfire

Bear

Postby Bear » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:34 am

What's your main interest in the hobby? Painting, building or playing?

Modelling is subjective. I can't stand building Eldar units but they're a dream to paint. Orks are excellent for modeling because of kitbashing. Necrons can be a chore to paint if you're going generic gunmetal.

If you enjoy painting:
Dark Eldar
Harlequins
Chaos Marines
Orks

As for playing, don't get Orks. They've gone from being underpowered to completely unviable. Even in friendly games. Dark Eldar are good against infantry armies thanks to poison. They're decent against MEQ with their lances.

Chaos Marines are good if you're willing to fork out for supplements.

Harlequins aren't as broken as Eldar currently, but they can be powerful if made properly. Necrons are alright, you won't win competitions but they're viable.

You're free to ask any questions if I didn't cover anything.

EDIT:

Wouldn't this be a better thread to ask in the hobby sub-board?