Inspiration fodder

For anything else, questions, discussion, etc.
Fates End
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fates End » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:08 am

*looks at the previous posts*

*Looks at his characters*

*goes to hide*
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

Talancir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Talancir » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:13 am

no no no I don't think you qualify, Fates.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:58 pm

Was reminded of this today.

If it's confusing after you've read it:

[Mod Note]: Deleted link to copyrighted material.

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:26 am

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:36 am

I think I did a little cry, first time I read that. Only a small.

Mordian Characters:

Techpriest Dave

Postby Techpriest Dave » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:55 am

Did someone say "Shitpost a bunch of 40k feels"?

[Mod Note]: Deleted unattributed and copyrighted works.

I figured it out!

Techpriest Dave

Postby Techpriest Dave » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:05 am

Praise the Omnissiah I found all of it!
CHOO CHOO, ITS THE FEELS TRAIN! ARE YOU READY? TOO BAD!
In order, starting after cats:

I figured it out!

Techpriest Dave

Postby Techpriest Dave » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:07 am

Cont.

I figured it out!

InquisitorVawn

Postby InquisitorVawn » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:17 am

This is your first and only warning - to everyone.

People work hard on their 40k work, be it fan work or official work. There's nothing wrong with sharing a work that has inspired you, but if it's a fan work please link it to the artist's source and attribute the creator. If you have it in an image dump and aren't sure where it comes from, do a google image reverse search or something of the like and try to find a source.

And this should go without saying, do not re-upload copyrighted works, especially Games Workshop IPs.

GW have been awesome enough to work with Kaiser on some exciting projects, it's not going to reflect well to have their copyrighted work uploaded without authorisation in the official EO forums.

Further uploads of copyrighted works will cause the posters to have their posting privileges reviewed.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:33 pm

Here's an idea that popped into my head so I'm writing it here before I forget
No ideaif this is the right place so PM me if that's the case.
So here we go:

Know how much 40K takes from our own history right?

WW I Christmas Truce-like scenario between Imperial Guard and Traitors that still believe in the Emperor (Can be Tau Gue'vasa)
Both parties singing songs in their own trenches and decide to do just like the Germans and the Brits did in 1914 and go to no man's land and cuddle or something.

The Traitors think that they can turn the Guard to their side by showing that there is Religious Tolerance under the Greater Good.

Just when the ice finally broke between the opposing sides and the whole army is out celebrating -The Grimdark kicks in.
The entire space between the trenches is buried under endless Basilisk Shells and Mortar barrages, killing both the Traitors and Loyalists who had no idea that they were used by the high command to lure the enemy out.

Then the Death Korps (Just to add a bit more of that delicious Grimdark) are sent to storm the empty enemy trenches and finish the job.

/

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:17 pm

I'm not sure, because the Christmas Day truce came to happen because soldiers on each side were essentially equals, normal every day men, who were there because a higher power told them to be there.
Rebels and Imperials are not on equal footing, they have different ideals, and rebels have made a choice to discard the Imperial Creed, or harm the Imperium.

Mordian Characters:

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:18 pm

Could be treachery on same planet the regiment was raised on.
If I got that correctly, not all traitors stop praying to the Emperor (Tau Lovers for example)

/

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:27 pm

It's an interesting concept, but I think due to how different the 40k universe is to our own it wouldn't really work. Like Cat said, they're not really on equal footing.

Now, say some sort of third enemy faction came in and forced them to work together to survive (which happens a decent amount in 40k). And assuming this attack happened around a holiday they both celebrated, I could see some sort of nifty coming together then.

But unless Chaos, Orks, Necrons or the Nids come a calling, I don't think that'll happen.
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

Drocol Ritter von Krieg

Postby Drocol Ritter von Krieg » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:42 pm

Slaaneshmas anyone?

InquisitorVawn

Postby InquisitorVawn » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:30 am

I think the point that gets missed in the 40k universe a lot is that the Imperium is not reasonable. Ever.

Individual Imperial citizens may be, but the Imperium as a whole, the Imperial Guard, the structures of the Imperium are not reasonable, they're not kind, and they're not understanding.

Imperial Guard who stopped shooting at enemies en masse for any reason are just asking for a decimation by the Commissariat. Doubly so if they end up in a hugfest in No Man's Land instead of, you guessed it, shooting the enemy.

The Imperium is built on hate, on fear. You don't try to understand your enemy, you kill them. To do anything less is heresy, and makes you one of them. So while it's a nice idea trying to apply 20th century logic to some of these things and have a nice Candlemas kickabout between the trenches, it just doesn't gel with the actual setting.

SilverRuby

Postby SilverRuby » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:36 am

Main:

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:16 pm

InquisitorVawn

Postby InquisitorVawn » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:43 am

Techpriest Dave

Postby Techpriest Dave » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:56 am

I plan on killing off one of my characters and traumatizing another, safe to say I have plans for them all and not many are good.
Speaking of, if some big character development were to occur, would I have the OK to rewrite stats? Like having a sweet caring person go to a paranoid wreck (not an example that relates to my cyborg terminators.)

I'll have to have a chat over PM with you about stuff relating to this though as it involves a few details that I I would like to run by you first.

I figured it out!

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:53 am