Warhammer Discussion: For Newbs and Pros Alike

For anything else, questions, discussion, etc.
Techpriest Dave
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Techpriest Dave » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:31 am

I figured it out!

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:56 am

Mhm. I think it's kind of like how any comics writer thinks they can write Batman or the Joker, but because they've existed for so long, there's a billion iterations and variations and no definitive character. Just tons of different writers thinking they're correct.

Ironically the less there is on a subject (say, one instance in a book), the easier it is to be accurate. :S

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:29 am

Ferrum honore veniat.

TheRedauthar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TheRedauthar » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:45 pm

Techpriest Dave

Postby Techpriest Dave » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:32 pm

People like to say that bret and TKs were removed to make more room for sigmarines.
GW saw how popular SM were doing (referring to other imperial factions as "non space marine factions") and decided to put some in fantasy. Drew people in well enough.

I figured it out!

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:56 pm

Hey, Sigmarines are pretty awesome. I love their armor and shield designs.

But I'm a sucker for the rank and file characters. The Free Guilds (Empire) just have more character to me. Kinda like the IG ahs to Space Marines.

Drocol Ritter von Krieg

Postby Drocol Ritter von Krieg » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:37 am

Hm.. been snooping around and found...

The Severan Dominate.

The Romans of Warhammer 40k Universe.

Space Romans, if you will.

Despite their status, they’ve managed withstand a lot of punishment from all four parties in the Spinward Front and manages to withstand all of it. It’s pretty admirable.

Also, their Armed Forces have frakking Gladius’ and their Armour looks so cool.

Zink

Postby Zink » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:06 am

Yeah they're pretty neat. It's a shame secessionists nabbed this aesthetic so well, and an even greater shame they're in the Calixis Sector.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:02 am

I thought the Romans of 40K were the Ultrasmurfs...

/

Zink

Postby Zink » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:47 pm

Greek/Roman hybrids, yeah, but these guys definitely nailed it on the human side of factions.

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:26 am

Didn't Only War create them?

Fairemont

Postby Fairemont » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:02 pm

- , the Freeblade Ragnarok
- , Shas’vre of La'rua Mon'ket
- , the Ancient One

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:19 pm

Urban SHark

Postby Urban SHark » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:31 am

Does anyone know if (cave) squigs can have rules in 40k, or some equivalent counts-as? I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I don't have access to the discord at this point in the day, and I need to know before I go about ordering some.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:01 pm

I personally don't know but I asked in Discord.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are: