Warhammer Discussion: For Newbs and Pros Alike

For anything else, questions, discussion, etc.
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:46 pm

You made Erika Laugh.
The Krieg Medics are nervous.

/

Drocol Ritter von Krieg

Postby Drocol Ritter von Krieg » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:08 am

Thanks Ruby.

blinddeadmcjones
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:46 am

thanks ruby, that is glorious
guard characters: ///

SilverRuby

Postby SilverRuby » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:52 pm

<3 :D I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.

I just really enjoy making fun of the primaris marine designs. You can thank Cat for planting the idea... XD

Also, Space Wolves are goddamn adorable, and I love them to death. So you can guess what army I am assembling lol.
Main:

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:22 pm

/

Warrax

Postby Warrax » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:32 pm

Techpriest Dave

Postby Techpriest Dave » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:23 pm

I figured it out!

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:58 am

Tau have yet to experience something akin to the Butlerian Jihad. Imperial tech, especially when it comes to AI and the like, shun full sentience because of Humanity's bygone wars against the Iron Men (total Dune reference here) and as a result, all processes higher than Machine Spirits must have human-based wetware as a base.

Not only that, Humanity's tech had reached an apex that we cannot even dream of. Even in the Dark Age of Technology, Humanity had tech that would give the Eldar Empire at its height a run for its money (Artificial Singularity Cannons, FTFW; Quantum chrono fields (you cannot dodge. we know where you are three seconds ago)), and had distilled all these knowledges into what we now know as Standard Template Constructs, which are blueprint/foundries par excellence. Understandably, the notion that we no longer need to research what we knew because what we knew was already godlike and magical is well founded. We just need to find all the STCs and we'll be awesome again. The idea that we need to invent "new" tech is frankly absurd because we already knew everything.

Warrax

Postby Warrax » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:57 pm

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Heyo Warrax! Haven't seen you in a while

/

Warrax

Postby Warrax » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:09 pm

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:34 pm

bump because of relevant discussion in other threads necessitated a reminder about this thread's existence.

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:01 pm

Something Warsmith Wolf mentioned got me thinking. About how Krieg officers aren't really capable of "wooing".

I've been reading as much as I can find about those from Krieg, and I'm curious to see what others think.

To the best of my understanding, soldier's from Krieg are definitely not "normal". And in many ways have had their humanity stripped away. But then, they are still in some ways individuals. Broken, mangled ones, but individuals nonetheless.

(That is my take on them, at least).

What are other's thoughts on the matter? How robotic do you think they really are? And perhaps most importantly, can they woo? ;)
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:07 pm

I mean, if exposed to other culture for to long then yeah.
The whole point was brought up from my attempt at comedy when I said that every Officer on the Planet will visit Makarov's Office to woo her that was blown out of proportion.

Anyway, Krieg Regiments are known to suffer heavy casualties and reinforcing the regiments all the way from Krieg is considered wasteful. A more efficient method is Pairing the most able bodied soldiers and throwing the produced Zygote into a mobile Viate Womb, training the recuit until it reaches sufficient fighting capability and assign them to the depleted squads, call that 'Recuiting'
But I am not entirely sure about that given how little we actually know about Krieg itself in the current millennium. What Happens on Krieg, Stays on Krieg

/

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Krieg is not a pleasant place.

Vitae wombs are never actually described, but we can reasonably infer it's probably something to do with cloning or hyper accelerated gestation. Krieg units are designed to do one thing and one thing only - die in the Emperor's name. Failed recruits are used as the opposing side in the final live-fire graduation exercise. And what happens when they leave Krieg?

They don't come back.

Krieg regiments are hardly ever reinforced because there's no point. It's far more efficient to just send in another regiment and absorb anyone left from the old one, because regimental history doesn't matter - it's a number, just like the troopers are numbers. You don't get a name unless you earn it - Grenadiers specifically prefer numbers because it makes them easier to tally on death counts. Everything they do is in service to the Emperor, their only task to die in His Name to atone for the sin of rebellion all those years ago.

One trooper in an Ultramarines novel was asked why he was illiterate - his response was that literate men had damned Krieg to rebellion, so they'd never repeat that mistake again. This is a comparatively nice depiction of Krieg ideology.

That is why the 554th see the 9453rd as 'defective' - because by Krieg standards they're practically anathemas. Kriegers aren't people, they're units with assigned tasks that they perform to the letter.

So, no. They cannot, as you say, woo.
Ferrum honore veniat.

Zink

Postby Zink » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:32 pm

Kriegers are, by and large, suicidal, emotionally hollow, sociopathic soldiers who are bred/cloned [the finer point of the vitae womb is left a 'mystery'] in droves and trained from birth to accept the fact that their existence is nothing but pure shame. You should not have existed, your ancestors betrayed the emperor, only in your service and death can you find a smidgen of redemption in the emperor's eyes, etc etc. Their training courses are fatal and, ultimately, the failing examples are pitted against the winning classes in a final live-fire siege operation on the surface of krieg, where the mutated, feeble, or generally incompetent are slaughtered to the last by the 'acceptable' soldiers that are produced.

Those that are sent into battle are little more than children emotionally, broken and hollow, and physically they're all mostly adolescent or pushing on the young adult boundary of age. They follow orders to the letter, even if it means dying doing it, and in fact they're quite eager to do so. An officer attached to a Krieg regiment asked them if they were ready to die for the emperor, and a Kriegsman stepped out of line, shouted an affirmation, and shot himself on the spot, which was met with absolutely no concern by the actual officers from Krieg, who just had the body towed out of the formation.

Roleplaying Kriegers isn't really 'fun' or a good choice for character development - the fun is derived from seeing other's responses and reactions to your unusual or even unnerving choices to mundane problems, and giving others something to work with in posting.

A very common thing I see is people choosing Kriegers for the aesthetic, and ignoring the rest of it, which would put the person in a better off stance by just making a custom regiment with the same sort of look and feel to it.

Those last two points are really just my opinion, but the rest is fairly solid.

EDIT: aaaaaaaand wolf covered half of what i said

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Last edited by Commissar Cat on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:46 pm

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

Zink

Postby Zink » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:51 pm

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:56 pm

Well, I mean the 9453th are meant to make every Rank interchangeable, a Literate Unit can replace the Commanding Unit if it (and it will) get killed. The fact that Literate people brought Krieg to ruin is not an excuse to have weaker links.

Think of it like some Administratum guys tried to calculate how much it costs in terms of material and time to either train and transport an entire new Regiment across the Galaxy (And Krieg Regiments are comparatively huge) or make one that will have lesser casualty rate and survive longer on the field and gain more experience as they go before being replaced, and trying the latter just to see what happens. The Units will still die in Martyrdom, that is a known fact that they are drilled into accepting so no point in actively searching for it if Command still needs these valuable troops -especially in an environment such as Valmaria where the arrival of reinforcements is put into question.
Personality among them is still a rarity so much so that my characters may be among the only ones that managed to develop it and the overseers decided that they are good enough soldiers to lose for such a thing and kept them.

It's the little things that make the whole situation unworkable: Were the 945th still in one piece and had a separate but adjacent complex to the 554th; the onlooker could not differentiate between the two camps that will play on each other's weaknesses and lead to better results just because they don't see each other so often.
But the Chaos Gods had different plans and so here we are.

And yes Cat, I am still bumping my head on the table for that thing. From now on just assume that everything that I write is with a heavy dosage of Sarcasm.
And I don't like Steel Legion, Yellow is an ugly colour for a Trench Coat.

And here Zink and Wolf will come here and Mob this idea to the floor. I can already sense it coming, I may even be a full on Psyker and assume that the first sentence will extinguish all of my hopes and dreams. Please don't send me to the Emperor's Lunchbag!

/