Greetings (and--maybe, questions? )

For anything else, questions, discussion, etc.
Fates End
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fates End » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:40 am

So Hiya,

I am super new to this forum. But very excited at the thought of a 40k roleplay. And I thought the polite thing to do would be to introduce myself, so here goes.

I'm Fates, or Fates End, depending on your mood. Big fan of 40k, table-top and fiction-wise. Overall a big gamer and reader as well. I'm from deepest Darkest Montana. (Where it's always winter. And never Christmas---*cough* ) And yeah, that's about it.

Now then . . . onto the Questions :D

I was curious, are there any specific rules about joining the rp? Or is it about as simple as create a character and find/start a thread?

Secondly, I figure its a safe bet to start with some form of Guardsman/woman. Andd------I'm a sucker for Krieg. But also there are other Krieg RP'ers here. Is there an overabundance of Krieg? (is such an overabundance of Awesome possible?!!) Would it be advisable to be a Non-Krieg-y character?

And---that's about all I have. Apologies if this is in the wrong area of the forum.

Fates
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

Drocol Ritter von Krieg

Postby Drocol Ritter von Krieg » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:13 am

OMGE!

Another Krieger!

Hi!

It's totally fine to be a Krieger!

If you want to have a personality, it's totally fine!

Like me, Johann and...

*Looks at Warsmith and Zink.*

http://mrludwigbeilschmidt.deviantart.com/

Yep totally fine.

Talancir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Talancir » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:48 am

I think it's rather wonderful that Kriegers are here. they are becoming the great unseen Regiment type, as far as the webcomics go. the Cadians are everywhere, but they're as archetypal to the Guard as the Ultramarines are to the Space Marines.

I smile mischeviously at the notion that with more Kriegers on the board, Kaiser may have to pop the odd Krieger in here and there in the webcomic! (shh, let me have my dreams...)

I say make whoever you please.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:35 am

Welcome!

Most topics indicate any rules in the title and first post, other than that, things are fairly open and easy. :)
Most things just come down to common sense - does your post mean folk are going to have something to work with? Does it allow people to continue using the thread? Then it's all good. :D

There are at least four people running Kriegers, they're quite popular here after Cadians. I would just say to make what you'd enjoy, and perhaps have a secondary, different character which you can use if a thread already has a similar character in there.

Don't feel that because it's "been made", you cannot do it yourself. Most if not all people here have the courtesy and understanding to work around others, and don't mind taking a pass on a thread so that someone else can use a concept.
For example (to avoid looking like I'm picking on a poster, I'll use me) I write a regimental captain. He simply doesn't appear in threads that would put him at odds with other captains. Same with my commissar. :)

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:45 am

Welcome!

Okay, i remember someone saying that there must be a little piece of Krieg somewhere on base now where all the Kriegers are living and gathered, someone needs to do some art of this!
//

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:54 am

As continuation to my PM, I'd advice looking at Zink and Warsmth Wolf's Characters, they are the baseline for regular Kriegsmen and their behavior. Me and Drocol are a bit "Snowflakey" due to various reasons and learning from us is ill-advised.

/

Zink

Postby Zink » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:20 am

Wolf actually brought that question up for the 554th guys and i went "huh"

I guess they've got a bunker or something outside the base perimeter? Not sure???

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:37 am

More of a Trench Network on the perimiter with a forward command bunker for the Obrest, with each Company occuping a section of the network

/

Kaiser
Site Admin

Postby Kaiser » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:52 am

Drocol Ritter von Krieg

Postby Drocol Ritter von Krieg » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:58 am

Those wiggles of the brows tho.

SilverRuby

Postby SilverRuby » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:01 am

Welcome! :)

Echoing what others have said, do what you want, as long as it makes sense in the setting! (We're a pretty flexible crowd.) Just keep in mind we're a PG-13 board, so we're all attempting to be tasteful. XD

<-- has the least taste.
Main:

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:10 am

Wait, we are a PG-13 Setting? Thank the Emperor the Chapel DrocolxErika interaction didn't progress further! (1. It will not be logical 2. NOT A SHIP)

/

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:29 am

The Emperor is watching, Johan.

Mordian Characters:

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:34 am

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:45 am

It was in jest. I don't know if what you have written was in jest, so is the nature of the tone-lacking written message...

/

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:59 am

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:12 pm

Generally assume I'm delighted by everything unless I state concern.

I mean the confetti flinging signature and dancing commissar avatar do set quite a severe tone, so I apologise. ;)

Mordian Characters:

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:16 pm

Oh snap. I make the (obvious) mistake of sleeping. And when I wake, there are responses galore :)

I'm very excited to be here. And will try to keep my characters to an acceptable level of insanity as befits all Guardsmen and women serving the Imperium and its citizenry.

Is there an official Character sheet for the characters? I saw mention of one. But I can't seem to find it. (am I blind? a dummy? Just plain missing it? All of these are very possible).

Thanks for the warm welcome, all :)

Fates
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

Zink

Postby Zink » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:27 pm

For ease of access, go find Wolf's character thread. He used cokes format (don't know where that lad went to), and everyone else kinda caught on, give or take a few changes

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:47 pm

I use this format, use it as you wish.
Name (In huge letters)
Basic Info (big bold)
Name: Full Name / Number
Nicknames: Optional
Weight:
Regiment: Full regiment name, number or as attachment to other regiments
Notes:
Born: Planet you were born on and city optional
Training: What's the name of the training facility
Languages Spoken: High Gothic, Do you speak it!

Appearance (big bold)
General apperance, facial and body features as well as clothing, if you have any

History (big bold)
Your background and how did you end up on this hellhole

Friends & Enemies (big bold)
Who will likely stab you in the face and who you don't want to stab you in the back

Equipment (big bold)
All of it, weapons, uniform, tools, or anything that you would want to remain amongst your possessions

Characteristics (big bold)

Stats (big bold)

/