Where did you come from, Cotton Eye Joe? [Player Intros]

For anything else, questions, discussion, etc.
InquisitorVawn

Postby InquisitorVawn » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:11 am

Afternoon folks. I've had a couple of suggestions that some people might like an informal getting-to-know-you thread, where players can pop in and get to know each other a bit more out of character. I'm happy to oblige, so here we are.

Usual rules apply in here, be nice, wipe your feet, don't leave fingerprints on the glass. There's no minimum or maximum amount of info you have to give, but you know... we probably don't need your social security number or mother's maiden name.

I guess I should start though if I'm setting all this up. Set a good example? Ahm.

I go by Inquisitor Vawn or Vawn, by Sio to those who know why. I'm from Australia, with every hope of migrating to the UK next year when I get married. I like it over there. Not just because my fiance's there even.

I got to know EO when Kaiser and I became friends through another site, did some RPing together and, well, things haven't been the same ever since. I occasionally help out with fine-tuning dialogue and words, and co-wrote one of the guest strips that happened last year. I love the 40k universe, I adore the RP systems that exist within it, despite all their faults. I love Kaiser's art and I love the story of EO that sprang from the marriage of the former and the latter.

And there we have it. Fire away!

Nevaraon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Nevaraon » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:43 am

Okay. So I'm Nevaraon, but I go by Nev, Nevie, Neva, and just about every other variation of the name you can think of. I live on the East Coast of the United States. I served 4 years in the marines, during which I was introduced to WH40k 5th edition. (Can't believe it's on its 8th ed now.)

Ummm I collect an Imperial Guard Army, which you know and love as the Katavarian Freeblades. Though I don't have a whole lot of time to play, since my nearest FLGS is 1.5 hours away. I also am a local DM, but unfortunately I can only ever strum up interest in DnD. Thank the Emperor for this forum.

I also enjoy long walks on the beach, drinking pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain. Not much into yoga, but I got half a brain.

Fates End
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fates End » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:57 am

:D Nice to get to know you a little bit more about ya'll :) . I'm still like---super new here. So this thread is pretty awesome to try and learn more about the others on board :)

As for me? I go by Fates, or Fates End (or Jax, Ajax---quite a few names, really). and I live in deepest Darkest Montana, where the weather will kill you if the moose don't get you first.*

*Well, at least our weather is suitably crazy and if you accidentally run into a moose with your car, odds are good the car will be toast and the Moose will be glaring at you.

Otherwise---a married nerd (married to the most awesome German girl ever) and big fan of various sci-fi settings, my latest love being the 40k universe. Stumbled upon EO a few weeks ago as I was scrounging for new 40k fiction, and fell in love with the artstyle and story. Also the fact that there was a roleplay forum helped quite a lot.

I play 40k Tabletop, where I run the killer clowns of dooooooom (also know as the eternally awesome and handsome/sexy Harlequins) and their stuffy cousins the Craftworlders, and their crazier cousins the Dark Eldar. Also hoping to start up an Eldar Corsairs Army (so I can have all the Eldar!) and eventually a Death Korps of Krieg regiment. Because I sort of adore the Kriegers.

Andd-----yeah. That's it.

hi :)
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:03 am

"Talancir" was a name cobbled together from the glossary and appendices of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings books. a cookie if you know what it means. Talancir was the name of my Blastoise and it was the best Blastoise in the world, maxed out on candies and it knew Dig, Surf, Ice Beam, and Hydro Pump. It wrecked face.

I was introduced to Warhammer 40k through the video game Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, and those effin' Tau reminded me of Gundams. I eventually gravitated toward Guard because it reminded me of what I was doing in the Army. When I discovered tabletop at the ass end of 4th Edition, I was hooked. I took 2000 USD and threw it at Forge World with the intent to go big with an apocalypse army.

I was converting my Guard into Skitarii before they made Skitarii. but now that they have their own models, I'm still modifying my own guard. The best army ever, it is.

My RP background is in Classic World of Darkness, specifically with Mage: The Ascension. No one to play with so I just wrote little stories using my books as a framework. And now I'm here.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:16 am

Allo everybody! I've always been keen to get to know everyone a little better, so I guess I'll join in :?

I'm Hobbsy ( originally Hobbs by surname, but most of the men in my family are nicknamed 'Hobbsy' ). I'm from New Zealand and I'm a riflemen in the army.

I got into Warhammer and subsequently modeling when I was ten and never look back. I don't seem to do it as much as I use to, but I've always loved the warhammer lore and the Guard lore. I really like to build my own models so now I favor games like shadow war and blood bowl where I can make small, highly modified battle groups :D

Anything else you want to know guys and girls? :lol:
//

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:47 am

Hi, I'm TheRedAuthar. I also go by Red or Joe. I'm American.

I was Introduced to the world of Warhammer 40K when I joined a 40K Roleplay on another forum. I picked the Imperial Guard as they were the easiest to Relate to. Trying to learn more I bought Dawn of War and its Expansions. This inspired me to buy some Imperial Guard Miniatures. Which inspired me to to visit my Local GamesWorkshop. Where I fell in love with Fantasy Battles....but that's another story.

My Roleplaying background goes back to just writing stories with my siblings together, usually inspired by Video Games or Movies. I eventually started Roleplaying on Forums before finally playing WEG's Star Wars D6. I've since then dabbled in various Table Top Roleplaying as well as Video Game RPGs.

Despite being a 40K fan I'm still relatively new with the lore. Most of my knowledge comes from the Astra Militarum Codex and reading things on the wiki. While I have invested in an Eldar, Tau, Ork, Space Marine (Space Wolf, Blood Angel, Dark Angel, and Basic) Codexes, I'm still barely knowledgeable about them.

Personal Favorite Regiments are the Mordian Iron Guards and the Catachan Jungle Fighters (I know, opposite ends of the spectrum really), though I can't deny the awesomeness of the Praetorians, Cadians, or Tallarn. I also just picked up Ice Guard the novel so I'm starting to learn about Valhallans.

Outside Warhammer 40k I'm a fan of Comic Book Super Heroes, Warhammer Fantasy Battles (and Age of Sigmar to an extent), Star Wars and Various other Sci-Fantasies, Zelda, Mario Brothers, Sonic the Hedgehog, Metal Gear, and various other Video Game Franchises, and basically anything you can nerd/geek-out about.

My day job is Pharmacy Technician.

DeMarchese

Postby DeMarchese » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:29 am

Greetings all.

My real name is Viktor and I am from Spain, currently living on Madrid, world capital of debauchery and financial corruption. We like Slaanesh here.

I first met the world of Warhammer 40.000 at a store, where I saw the first edition of Space Hulk. Since then, I followed with increase interest and growing love the evolution of this fascinating universe. In time, I moved forward and placed some interest in the Fantasy version and other universes as well until I reached the RPG games. After more than 20 years playing and reading different franchises I hold Warhammer 40.000 as my favorite, but none of the factions part of that game holds a special place in my heart. I think I like them all to some extent.

Outside the sci-fi world I make my living working as a prevention of occupational hazards tecnician and radiodiagnostic equipment auditor.
I cannot see crap without my glasses, feel more old than I already am and spend most of the day grumpy and surly. Underpayment rates and constant company mismanagement are to blame... I think.

I like to relax reading books with a cup of sweet hot chocolate on hand and my cat purring on my lap.
Last edited by DeMarchese on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

InquisitorVawn

Postby InquisitorVawn » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:10 am

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:24 am

I've only (attempted) to play Dark Heresy (1st ed) but it's hard to immerse yourself in the game when you're the only one who knows the background lore

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:54 am

Hello everyone!

You may know me as either Staggy, Johannes, Erika or that annoying git with the Regiment Charts.
Well, my actual name is Yochai Wyss, Johan to my friends in the rest of the world (because good luck pronouncing the 'Hai' correctly.)

I was born in the inhospitable frozen lands of Siberia, Russia just before Jesus was born for the 2000th time and moved with my parents to the inhospitable molten lands of Israel (Khorne-land since -1000 BC) when I was around the age of 3. If the climate change was not drastic enough then the occasionally exploding bus or people soon proved me wrong (Sometimes the bombs were strapped to rocket-like objects and thrown at my city's general direction but that happened only... 50 times?).
At least I was not actively breathing fumes from the industrialized complexes back in my hometown and had some form of education. Now that I look at it, it was a fairly good idea.

I was introduced to the whole joy of Warhammer 40K through Fantasy. Total War: Warhammer, to be exact. I have already read the entire Tolkien Book Collection and was exposed to D&D, Roleplaying and the Forgotten Realms Fantasy Setting when I was but a wee lad. So the whole Idea was not alien to me.
From the name "Warhammer Fantasy" a Norwegian by the name of Arch Warhammer came to my attention. From his videos I learned about 40K. Needless to say, it was gorgeous, bloody, and bloody magnificent. Still, I'm fairly new to the Lore and have no tiny speck of insight on how to play the Tabletop. To get more acquainted with the setting, I'm currently reading the 40K Black Library Newbie Edition (i.e. Commissar Cain)

Searching the web for more 40K goodies in-between Exam Periods (High School now) and found this Omnissiah-blessed Web-Comic.

With the years of living here, I have acquired myself a rather sarcastic outlook on life -as evident by my general grey and silly writing style. (Don't worry, getting better on that department. Now you can actually understand what I'm trying to convey with as little as possible words. Like currently, at the moment, now.) with time, The Sarcasm turned into a psychological self-defense mechanism against the environment I'm currently in and sometimes used without even me noticing. Let's say it is currently quite noticeable and I do try not to hurt anyone that is not the source of my misery.

Any plans for the future contain me graduating, being conscripted at the end of my 12th school year, entering Officer Training and studying in universities not here.
Due to the fact that I am well organized (Comparatively to the animals I call 'same age group') well educated (thanks to my parents raising me properly) disciplined (Martial arts since 5yrs) not to mention able to correctly apply a gas mask, fire a gun and drill my classmates (I may share this story with you on Talancir's "War Storie, nuff said" thread in the future) I think that these plans are indeed doable. My ancestors had it much worse and I'm in no right to complain

My hobbies include reading Fantasy/Sci-fi/Biology (When I'm not on Finals), playing Fantasy Video Games (When I'm not on Finals), scribbling sh*tty artwork (Not on Finals, Some are less sh*tty) and ranting on my Finals in Internet Forums (Only this one as of yet.)

-Johan Out

/

Tavor Beltarix

Postby Tavor Beltarix » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:23 am

Seems like a nice initiative. Don't mind me joining in.

Hello everyone, I'm known as Tavor Beltarix on this forum, and the name is... just a random mix, really. I needed a convincing name for a fake Space Marine at the time, on the Eagle Ordinary Facebook page. My name is Tiziano Grancagnolo, and I hail from Italy. I'm from Sicily, to be precise, and if you consider Italy to be shaped like a boot, then Sicily is the rock that is being kicked. I live in a rather ancient coastal town going by the name of Catania. Beautiful place, full of history, but treated awfully by idiotic inhabitants (a problem which seems to plague all of Italy, or perhaps the whole world in general)... but I don't wanna start ranting here. Ranting never solved things, always worsened them.

In short, it's my last month and something of high school if you count finals, I'm gonna turn nineteen by the end of June, and I'm probably gonna move to Northern Italy for university - department of European Languages and Cultures, up in Modena (got relatives around there). Hoping to make a living as a novelist one day or, at the very least, move to Ireland for a while and finding a job with what I'm gonna learn at university. Not gonna live in Ireland for my whole life, because I'm definitely going to miss my homeland at one point, I just know it.

I was introduced to Warhammer 40,000... two or three years ago, was it? I was looking for a good RTS game - a genre I love, despite me sucking at strategy games - and I found out about Dawn of War. Then curiosity kicked in, and so I looked around the wikis, and read the novels, and played Dawn of War II, and I admit I even bought Regicide because it was cool... but I never got into the tabletop itself. I'm not into that for a variety of reasons: too few players around here, I can't afford the models and paints, and I've got as much manual skills as a pile of bricks. In a moment of relative curiosity I discovered the Eagle Ordinary comic, and the Facebook page, and there was that little RP moment someone may remember... and so I signed up here. Not as active as I'd like to be, especially this time of the year and with my writer's block, but I try.

My other interests lie in reading books (especially fantasy and sci-fi), watching TV series and anime when I have the chance, reading a bit of manga if I can, playing a metric buttload of video games spanning almost any genre (save for sports games, I don't like those), listening to different kinds of music, although I myself tend to prefer metal, and actively seeking immortality, eternal life, and STANDO POWAH!

That's... about it.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:21 am

:D It's really cool to learn where everyone kinda hails from. It really seems there's no "average" 40K fan in terms of geography.

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

Zink

Postby Zink » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:31 pm

Suppose I should have a go at this, then.

Heyo everyone, the name's Zink - well, for the moment, as I haven't found any better handle to identify as. I hail from America, in the nice state of Pennsylvania (Where there's damned trees every 5 feet you go).

I found Eagle-Ordinary through, if I recall, some link in a WH40k Enthusiast/Roleplay group, where they were rambling on about how nice the comic looked, how fun the characters were, etc etc. I think that was a good year or two ago, as the farthest they were at the time was the street fire-fight with the Tau sympathizers. Either way, a good friend informed me that EO got a roleplay forum, so I kinda hopped on here and started lurking, writing characters, and participating here and there.

Not really much else too it, I suppose. I've been a fan of Warhammer for a while, and I've also started collecting and painting some models - though I wouldn't dare post them here.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:41 pm

Hey, nobody here is a CMON or Dakka level critic. If your models show your idea of how 40K looks to you, then share them. :)
We're an ideas forum, not an internet point scoring or rating place.

Mordian Characters:

Bear

Postby Bear » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:10 pm

hi

it me

bear

i don't really have another internet name besides bear, sometimes go by irru

i live in northern ireland, it's terrible (though i think aaron demski bowden goes to my local gw so i could probably bully him a bit if he ever writes a really bad book)

can't really remember where i found out eagleordinary, either got the link to it from a friend, or from a 40k roleplaying/fandom site i used to shitpost and chill on with a few people (who eventually moved here after it croaked)

i got "into" 40k back in the rad and wild 90's, though i was pretty young and didn't really know much about the lore back then, collected a space marine army, got into the lore of the game when i was much older. i've been building a tactical squad of flesh tearers with the resin shoulderpads gw sells and chainaxes from FW for about a year now, haven't really finished them because procrastination and work and stuff

InquisitorVawn

Postby InquisitorVawn » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:15 pm

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:22 am

Allo. I'm Benny, short for Bennett. It's weird but I don't really think of Cat as my name, I'm used to Buttery Commissar, and in a previous life, some other names.

I come from the North West of England (which is reflected in how I represent my Mordians), but now live in the Midlands, a stone's throw from Nottingham and Warhammer World.

I live out here with my two cats, and Witchkin, and my recent rescue border collie, .

I'm a , photographer, graphic designer and tailor. For fun I'm also a cartoonist and plush maker. :lol:

(I don't really feel the need to go into my gaming and RP pedigree, or why I'm here, so here's some random bits you may not have known, I guess)

Mordian Characters:

akatoad

Postby akatoad » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:17 pm

Howdy ho there friends and neighbors I'm Cal Worthington!

Nah, I'm Todd! I'm a huge Imperium fan from Detroit, Michigan (So much so I have a Mechanicus decal on the side of my PC)

I collect Imperial Guard and Black Templars, with my guard regiment being the Edridani Crusaders. They wear black fatigues with white armor and travel with a Black Templar crusade led by Marshal Nicodemus. They act as serfs to the Templars and fight alongside them in battle, hoping to prove themselves to their masters.

CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:17 am

I was always told to not share personal information online. But hey screw it.

Cy, but that's only for online use, go by Erick most other times. From good old Kansas City, Missouri. Currently enrolled in college to get a history educations degree.

Got in to warhammer during high school, and have been a fan of the IG since the beginning. I've never bought any miniatures, and I doubt I could paint them if I did.

Who says the future has to be grimdark? Matt Ward that's who.

ThreeNurglingsInACoat

Postby ThreeNurglingsInACoat » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:44 pm

Hello fellow Humans. I am definitely not Three Nurglings In A Coat.

Decided to finally register for this as I have had the strangest inkling for some 40k orientated RP and as such my plans from here are to go forth, argue with myself for a few days, come up with character concepts and go nuts with them. I've had experience with Deathwatch and Only War before...and can remember the two characters I had played fondly. I shall reminisce here because...well...that sums me up a bit as well...

Brother Argus (Deathwatch) - Scion of Ultramar Devastator - this game....went horribly wrong in the end, largely due to the GM trying to push his players too far...resulting in a straight up Heresy. I mean, seriously, Brother Argus straight up executed an Imperial Commander and you know it's bad when even your Chaplain's had enough to be willing to call in the Night Lords and bargain for an alliance. Whoops. Key moment of Argus' career, short of executing an Imperial Commander was....the meltabomb incident. Those exploding 10s. After we'd racked up over 170 points of damage we realised that Argus had not only taken out the door but the entire subterranean Tau complex it was supposed to lead to. Whoops again.

Private Marco - Armageddon Steel Legion Sniper - also very foul smelling, disorganised, had a lucky pet mouse that survived more than he did and also turned out to awkwardly be a pariah. Not fun for the Sanctioned Psyker. I liked Marco. He was literally a bum. He bummed smokes off everyone. At one point he bummed smokes off some Tau lovers. Diplomacy was not his thing. He shot things. Very well. And screamed a lot in his sleep.

Hobbywise...well...hmm....

If I said I started at the tail end of 2nd edition 40k with a Genestealer Cult with Chaos allies....would that sum up how long I've been going around?

To top it off, I also have a pile of White Dwarfs over six foot in height. Taller than myself. Great for inspiration really.

I'm not an Imperial Player. Never have been. The name gives it away. Always a Nurgle player. Currently sitting on a CSM army that finishes off at about...hmm... 6k points. 4,000 points of Death Guard, 2,000 points of Thousand Sons, a small Nurgle Daemon contingent. Lovingly painted.

It has won best painted a number of times in local events so there's that.

Also a former Tyranid, GSC and Eldar/Dark Eldar player.

Heck, I had 3 Chaos armies before the current one - sold some to fund this one. All that Forge World gets expensive.

I live in England, have roleplayed for years and look forward to baffling or bedazzling some of you all once I get my concepts sorted and in place!