Where did you come from, Cotton Eye Joe? [Player Intros]

For anything else, questions, discussion, etc.
Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:13 am

Yay another Dakka member! Hello!
Nice to see someone with a lot of ideas from the get go.

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

ThreeNurglingsInACoat
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ThreeNurglingsInACoat » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:46 pm

The problem is one of those ideas is literally Three Nurglings in a Coat. Which is a terrible idea.

InquisitorVawn

Postby InquisitorVawn » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:45 am

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:48 am

I for one would draw that, if I had time.

But I think the smell would give you away.

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

QuothTheRaven
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby QuothTheRaven » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:55 pm

Boom

CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:05 pm

Man these Kriegers get scarier every year

Who says the future has to be grimdark? Matt Ward that's who.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:20 pm

Johannes: "I know right? They are creepy..."

/

ThreeNurglingsInACoat

Postby ThreeNurglingsInACoat » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:56 pm

And now you all have convinced me...to literally make this a character.

I even spent time coming up with personalities for the three Nurglings. Imagining that one is fat with stumpy legs, one has long arms and the top one is kinda small and chatty....

It must be done.

Also - Oh my God. That image. It's sealed the deal. It's being done.

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:32 pm

ThreeNurglingsInACoat

Postby ThreeNurglingsInACoat » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:49 pm

InquisitorVawn

Postby InquisitorVawn » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Oop. That's my bad haha. This is entirely my fault.

David Connor

Postby David Connor » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:54 pm

Last edited by David Connor on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain, Aprior 24th Mechanized

Zink

Postby Zink » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:02 pm

By the Emperor - that army is beautiful, David. I'm sure Warsmith Wolf will be all over this thread when he's awake - he's an avid Guard player as well.

Also, for the force-composition thing, everyone's just kinda gone nuts with it over time. Good to show modesty, but you don't need to restrict yourself. I think the entire premise is just a mixed-bag of regimental forces, but nothing even near full strength for any of them. It's kinda iffy, but it's worked, I think?

EDIT: Is that a deathstrike missile launcher I spy behind one of the baneblades?

Drocol Ritter von Krieg

Postby Drocol Ritter von Krieg » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:05 pm

David Connor

Postby David Connor » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:24 pm

Heh. It's gotten bigger since; I can field a full mechanized company in Chimeras (10 of them), a full Emperor's Fist (10 Russes), and one hell of an artillery battery. :P I think I'm going to restrict myself to purely the mechanized company, maybe with a Wyvern in support, simply to keep the number of characters under control.
Captain, Aprior 24th Mechanized

Warrax

Postby Warrax » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:20 am

Hey folks, Warrax. New guy from Toronto. Haven't been much for the tabletop, but I took to the novels years ago and never stopped. Got into the FFG games across the whole spectrum and have been roleplaying in the setting ever since. Old hand at RPs dating back to [redacted], so it's been a party along the way. Glad to discover another cool place to enjoy the hobby with the like-minded.

:)

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:47 am

Hello everyone, about time I put something in here, been snooping and posting for long enough.

Rodbob aka Mike. Creator of the blusterous legend that is Fothergill-Scott. I'm British born and bred now living in Sydney, Australia. Married a local...go figure. :P

Massive 40k fanboy in my spare time, Cop by profession.

I got into the hobby when I was about 9 or 10, I got the Black Templar/Dark Eldar boxset one Christmas and have been hooked ever since. I moved to Guard pretty soon after. Sure the Astartes are badass and all. But there's just so much more personality and uniqueness with Guard in my opinion. I own a stupid amount of Imperial miniatures, enough to field a full Battalion (800 men + vehicles + support weapons). I don't have a problem. I can stop anytime I want to.

Am a massive fan of the Lore, slowly reading my way through the Horus Heresy and loving it. I will happily talk about the 40k universe to anyone who'll listen. I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but I may surprise you now and then.

I also am the GM for a group of about 12 mates, I run Dark Heresy, Only War, Star Wars Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny. Currently running a long term campaign to pacify a world in the throws of rebellion. I will eventually get round to posting the mission updates when I can force myself to sit down and do it.

Feel free to shoot me a PM anytime, will happily be a sounding board for ideas. or if you just want to chat.
Doing the work of the Emperor is its own reward.

Characters:

Gloria Vastator

Postby Gloria Vastator » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:54 am

Well, I'm from America, go by Gloria Vastator online because it's my personal favorite of the Legio Titanicus. IRL I'm a Computer Engineer, specializing in Robotics and automation. You can bet I'll be playing a priestess of the Omnissiah, because I basically already am.

I play Dark Mechanicum with an enslaved Blood Pact regiment, the Scarran Corpse-Fleet and accompanying. Every time I table another player, I add a squad of that army as 'additional cannon fodder', with little fiddly-bits and rough paint because they've been added to my servitor army.

At current, I field my Mechanicum/ Blood Pact with Necron servitors, Tau mind-slaves, Genestealer remotes, and 'Nid drones.

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Welcome to the forum, Gloria!

Gloria Vastator

Postby Gloria Vastator » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:47 pm