How did you find out about this comic?

For anything else, questions, discussion, etc.
Shanaar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Shanaar » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:36 pm

I am just a bit curious about how every one fond out about the comic?

For me, it was that I started collecting and playing 40K again after a long time (Last codex I bought was Eye of Terror). I wanted to start playing it again and the Deathwatch was just starting to get released. While searching for more info about the new releases, I ran across Spikey Bits. From there, I fond out about the comic and binged read it all in one day. Been reading the comic ever since.
Livy Israel: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43
Have you heard about the Emperor and the Saints? Let me tell you about it right after I finish the Burn the Heretic Bonfire

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby 2557 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:42 pm

I discovered the comic on Deviant Art. It was only on page three then but there were frequent updates so it was awesome.

LordOfWar867

Postby LordOfWar867 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:07 pm

Just browsing Deviant art one day where I found the comic and been reading it every since
"Ave Imperator!"
Current Character: |

Vurrunna

Postby Vurrunna » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:15 pm

I'm pretty sure I just googled "Warhammer 40k Comics" or the like and stumbled on the page right away. I think I came in right about when they were riding in the Taurox and came across Aetta for the first time.

Metal C0Mmander

Postby Metal C0Mmander » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:20 pm

I was following the illustrator on deviantart before the comic started or close to when it did.
If you are seeing this I didn't die or anything I just figured that because of my unabillity to remain involved regularly for long periods of time I might as well not bother the rest of the forum.

Kaiser
Site Admin

Postby Kaiser » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:09 pm

Aw jeeze, you guys are too lovely.

And those answers are actually super unexpected. So much of our traffic comes from facebook, I'd up and stopped posting things on DA because I figured we didn't have much of an audience there. Maybe I need to dust off my account.

Postby 2557 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:45 pm

A big part of what got my attention was a colab piece from a Dark Heresy piece. I thought it was really good so I looked at other pieces and found the comic. Funnily enough a few months later I find out I knew the person that played Rockjaw.

Lieutenant Cornelius Aventis

Postby Lieutenant Cornelius Aventis » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:59 pm

The comic has been linked nearly each week in a warhammer40k fan page I'm a part of on facebook.
Lieutenant Cornelius Aventis.
Rob the Ogryn.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:25 pm

I don't remember where I found this comic, but when I found it, Brinton had just ordered that one Valhallan to take his tissue to the armory. I said "ooh, they went there. I'm going to enjoy this."

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:39 pm

It came up when I was using Google to search for commissar hat references, I s*** you not. :lol:
Read it, charmed by it, bookmarked it, and for quite a long time clicked every fortnight to check if it'd started updating again.
Glad it did.

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:13 pm

I found it on a Warhammer 40k FB group

Aishachan

Postby Aishachan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:45 pm

I was looking for a copy of the Uplifting Primer that wasn't like $100 and found the splash page through a google search. The art was super pretty and the jokes funny so I followed the link to the comic.

Currently playing:
The earnest-est little commissar// But what would a Commissar do? // There's a form for (or on) that!

vengence angel

Postby vengence angel » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:20 pm

I remember finding it through Google at one point, read some lost track and then Facebook reminded about it a couple of months ago
##Thought for the day## you're life for the Emperor, your body for the Mechanicum.
Tech priest A1D1N

CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:23 pm

Browsing the internet when I came across a cover page of the comic. I typed the name into google, did a bit of searching, and tada

Who says the future has to be grimdark? Matt Ward that's who.

WeaponPrime

Postby WeaponPrime » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:15 pm

I don't recall for sure, but I think SpikeyBits shared one of the comics.
Pain is weakness leaving the body. Also, bleeding is weakness leaving the body. Judging by all the blood, you must be really weak.

Coke

Postby Coke » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:59 pm

I do believe EO is known to Spiky Bits and Regimental Standard, at the very least.

SSgt.Bellator

Postby SSgt.Bellator » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:04 am

Just looking up some Imperial Guard fan art and found a few pages of the comic series. He left a link in the description in one of them and that's how I found out.... and cool 40k RPG game that i can no longer buy.
If you like to Read up about my OC ->
And some other characters from my 501st Regiment

Captain Perray

Postby Captain Perray » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:14 pm

"We're Cadians. We hold the line. Any questions?"

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:00 am

A random Google search for Imperial Guard art I wanted for inspiration for my own Only War game. Came in on page 19 "Speak No Evil" and have followed religiously ever since.
Doing the work of the Emperor is its own reward.

Characters:

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:32 am

It got put up on the facebook page of my local hobby club, loved it ever since.
//