Where'd y'all get your character(s)?

For anything else, questions, discussion, etc.
SilverRuby

Postby SilverRuby » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:08 pm

I'd be happy to! I love chatting OCs and settings! :D
Main:

CyGamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby CyGamer » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:11 pm

Who says the future has to be grimdark? Matt Ward that's who.

Talancir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Talancir » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:24 pm

Ah, character development. I'd stuck to this rp's system for the start but I cut my teeth on White Wolf's Mage: the Ascension. Now there's a character building system. I could do a markup of Andromeda according to that one's standards if people are curious.

SilverRuby

Postby SilverRuby » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:30 pm

Main:

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:42 pm

Doing the work of the Emperor is its own reward.

Characters:

DrAwesome2012

Postby DrAwesome2012 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:31 am

When I first joined the forum, I happened to be reading the 5th Ciaphas Cain novel (I feel ya, Talon!) And I needed a name for my character, and a regiment, and a proffesion. No one in the one rp arc (supply run) had a long range weapon, so sniper was an obvious choice. Then, I looked down at my book next to me and saw 2 names. Tayber and Luskin. Thus the cadian scout I now play was born! (Couldn't think of a Valhallen sounding name, and luskin sounded cadian, so ja)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=77
Corporal Tayber Luskin, just an ordinary Guard sniper from Cadia, and Shas'Ui Kisi, a disgruntled Tau medic without a past

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:05 pm

Kensington's a relic from an older RP forum - everything that's in his bio happened in an RP. #66-A-7343 is a redesign of a Krieger from that forum called - coincidentally - #343-A, who did much the same thing as our current stubber-maiden does. Sai'sel is a rework of an old Stealth Suit shas'ui by the name of Shassvar, 'Shadowsword' - which the keen eyed amongst you may notice is now her mother's name. Guardsman Lancaster's completely new, filling the role of Generic Guardsman, while Raelanash exists to accompany Farseer Arremae.

The 'Wolf' part of my handle refers to a character - Lord Commissar Aemilius Valentine Wolffe (don't call him Valentine, Guardsmen!) - and he served as my 'main' character. Of course, having a Lord Commissar enter this setting would completely break the chain of command, so he's sitting on the backbench.
Ferrum honore veniat.

Zink

Postby Zink » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:18 pm

Kensington is a fucking legend, I'll tell you what.
Vampyre thralls trying to capture him? Throws his helmet at them and knocks one out. Eldar, ELDAR capturing him? First moment he's conscious he proves those Xenos that it was the worst mistake of their life, forcing them to actively send them back because he was too violent. This was all done by some terrified private who had to deal with everyone being interested in the fact that he was impossible to kill and insanely not-insane.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:49 pm

I never played Warhammer 40k Tabletop in my life, nor read any books of lore. But with the guidance of Arch Warhammer and the trusty Lexicanum, I got into 40K.
My favorite regiments are the DKK for their aestetics, WW I theme and pure grit, so it felt natural for me to play one, I also took the liberty to make some "Adjustments": Something the Departemento Munitorum will definately try to do by themselves: making Korpsmen carry out orders and stay alive to follow the next orders. So yeah, personality developed and mine laughed at the Hive Governor and sent to Naris and instructed to keep losses to absolute minimum as punishment.

/

CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:47 pm

QuothTheRaven

Postby QuothTheRaven » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:25 pm

My characters are based on my tabletop imperial guard army. I have way too much time on my hands and decided to make a 20-page google doc about the regiment, the names down to sergeants, the planet they live on, the system they're in, and other regiements from different planets in the system. AND THEN my gaming group decided to run an Only War campaign and i learn that there is even more minutia i can craft for these guys. SO OF COURSE I DO THAT THING.
I spend too much time on these kinds of things, but it's just so fun.

Peridot Onyx

Postby Peridot Onyx » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Perron is a sex daemon from an older 40K RP.
..I had to tweak somewhat.

Now he's mostly just kept that human appearance, some of his mannerisms and adopted quite a lot more. And isn't a four armed Keeper of Secrets at the weekend.

He's seen something so horrendous that it's causing him deep trouble, yet he is kept in the guard. Thus his official record may or may not be completely fabricated.
&

Zink

Postby Zink » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:11 pm

Ave Omnissiah

Postby Ave Omnissiah » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:13 pm

Characters: /

Peridot Onyx

Postby Peridot Onyx » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:18 pm

No no no.

Was. Was a sex daemon. This Perron is human. Almost definitely.

I'm not about to get an entire RP planet glassed by bringing in a daemon.

I just kept the name, appearance and attitudes, then saturated him with vaguely unnerving qualities.
Last edited by Peridot Onyx on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
&

CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:18 pm

Peridot Onyx

Postby Peridot Onyx » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:26 pm

He wasn't even very good at being a sex daemon...
He was bound into someone who was so acutely altruistic that it had the reverse effect, and made the daemon have doubts about literally everything naughty.

So instead of a guy who gives in wholly to base desires, you got a daemon who's like, "Yeah okay, excessive debauchery! ...But I'm gonna ask permission because I'm a smutty pervert, not a rapist."

This has absolutely no bearing on this version of the character whatsoever. This Perron is not even allowed metal cutlery.
&

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:50 am

/

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:44 am

Attachments
didnt-see-that-coming-baby.jpg
didnt-see-that-coming-baby.jpg (11.75 KiB) Viewed 9425 times
Doing the work of the Emperor is its own reward.

Characters:

Peridot Onyx

Postby Peridot Onyx » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:57 pm

At least it put paid to "Is that a Steven Universe reference?"
(No, he's just named after valuable rocks because his parents had nothing else to give him. A little like naming your kid Victor and hoping he turns out well.)
&