Who Wants to Serve the Greater Good? (Tau)

For anything else, questions, discussion, etc.
Vurrunna
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Vurrunna » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:01 pm

So. Tau.

Is there anyone else on these forums who would be interested in fighting for the Greater Good with their blue-faced allies? Possible encounters could include forest-side patrols, getting shot at by local Imperials, standing around in awesome armor with monster guns, and being probably the closest thing to good-guys in a galaxy of war.

I'd be down for it if anyone else is, and am just checking to see if others would be willing to play as Tau/Tau-allied humans. I'll leave any real planning of what to do/how we'd handle the characters for until after we know that there will be more than just one xeno lover running around, though I'll note that characters would be separate from the Imperial Guard characters (unless someone gets the go-ahead to be a spy, which I think Kaiser might have mentioned may be fine).

LordOfWar867
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby LordOfWar867 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:08 pm

"Ave Imperator!"
Current Character: |

DeMarchese

Postby DeMarchese » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:13 pm

Might me worth a try for the change of pace and some newly-fresh way of rolpeplay. Still, it will be quite some time before I can get to it.

Metal C0Mmander

Postby Metal C0Mmander » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:45 pm

Sure let's go beat up these insane imperials!
If you are seeing this I didn't die or anything I just figured that because of my unabillity to remain involved regularly for long periods of time I might as well not bother the rest of the forum.

Vurrunna

Postby Vurrunna » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:26 pm

Zink

Postby Zink » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:13 pm

I'm in the process of writing up a Tau character, at the moment, as some sort of odd inspiration has hit me.

I'll probably post the link here, but to add on to the final of Vurrunna's points-

-The Cadre seems to be of T'au, so unless we get discretion from Kaiser or the lore fellows to add other cadres from septs like Vio'rla, Bork'an, etc, it'd probably be best to use those as a basis.

Ideas for threads could be scouting, the barracks thing (as suggested), or just general patrols of areas. Skirmishes could probably be a thing, with players fighting npc's, or even other players.

Though, as a whole, I dislike player-player combat. It's mostly spurned from the fact that people get far too attached to their characters, and if we get a legitimate skirmish between imperial and tau characters, there's going to be deaths, and people are going to get mad/frustrated at it, and do everything in their power to avoid it (like powergaming, Metagaming, etc, etc). Not to say you guys aren't good sports, I've just observed this behavior on other forums, and until I see how everyone reacts i'm worried that people might be the same way.

Vurrunna

Postby Vurrunna » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:27 pm

DeMarchese

Postby DeMarchese » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:56 am

After I play a few adventures and made some character development (unless death catches up with me earlier than expected) I will go ahead with this.

Lieutenant Cornelius Aventis

Postby Lieutenant Cornelius Aventis » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:23 am

A lonely kroot shaman just hanging out in the jungle would be cool to play as
Lieutenant Cornelius Aventis.
Rob the Ogryn.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:09 pm

I made a pathfinder. Not much else to say, really.
Ferrum honore veniat.

Zink

Postby Zink » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:56 pm

I made my tau dude, though it was based more off an inspiration than a fair/viable concept

His bio i also something I went nuts on so there's a tl;dr on the top

Vurrunna

Postby Vurrunna » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:37 pm

Alright, seeing as we have a decent amount of people interested and at least two other character sheets besides my own, I've gone ahead and made a little greeter thread. The purpose will be for characters to hang about for however long they like and interact with each other, as well as conceivably going on whatever misadventures you see fit. It's nothing excruciatingly exciting, but ought to serve as a good introduction to get the ball rolling and allow our characters to get acquainted (for the more exciting stuff, I have an arc in mind that I plan to run once we have the proper momentum to ensure interest and involvement; if anyone else wants to make their own threads in the time being, then by all means, go ahead!).

Here is the link: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=97&p=1094#p1094

For the Greater Good! Onwards and upwards!!

SilverRuby

Postby SilverRuby » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:43 am

Hmmm, I wish I knew more about them (I'm somewhat fresh in the fandom, my lore-knowledge is still bare-bones/high-level but enough to get what's going on in general lol.)... *chin in hand* Maybe I'll do some reading, and if I can think of something I might hop in, too, for shits & giggles.

Suggested reading material appreciated, as well. :o
Main:

Zink

Postby Zink » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:38 am

Use this. Lexicanum is your best bet for general information ever, while the 40k wiki is more embellished, and a bit more inaccurate. A good tactic for absorbing most of the lore quickly is to just hop from hyperlink on the page to hyperlink, as learning more will get you involved in more, and you might get some general 'idea' of the setting proper. Of course, this is applicable to characters and broad subjects, rather than events, as most of those are just dead-ends or they spiral off into a different faction's subsection or whatever.

SilverRuby

Postby SilverRuby » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:41 am

Thanks! I've browsed through there a bunch before on other subjects, but never anything xeno lol (*loyalist dog*) I'll read 8D
Main:

Vurrunna

Postby Vurrunna » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:57 pm

The Tau is still accepting applicants! Perks of fighting and dying for the Greater Good include:
--Serving a Good Cause!
--Being Treated like a Living Creature!
--Not Being Shot by your Superiors!*
--Making Friends with Fellow Gue'vesa and Firewarriors!**
--Decent Food!***
--Adventure!
--The Awesome Might of the Tau Battlesuit!****

*Individuals committing heinous crimes may be expected to terminate themselves in service of the Greater Good.
**All applicants are expected to remain within their resident castes when not required to work directly with other castes in the line of duty to the Tau'va.
***Ration quality may vary by area, contact your local Fio'ui (Rough Translation: "Quartermaster") for more details.
****Gue'vesa and Gue'vesa'la are not permitted to personally operate Tau Battlesuits except in rare circumstance and due to dire necessity.

Enlist Today!

LordOfWar867

Postby LordOfWar867 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:34 pm

"Ave Imperator!"

Vurrunna

Postby Vurrunna » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:49 pm

LordOfWar867

Postby LordOfWar867 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:58 pm

"Ave Imperator!"

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:05 am