Suggestions Thread

For anything else, questions, discussion, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby 2557 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:24 pm

This is likely to become a chore as more and more threads go on, but I feel if we start early and keep it up a thread timeline could be REALLY useful. Let us go back and reference things, keep a logical order ready, and read the story as it happens.

LordOfWar867
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby LordOfWar867 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Speaking of Regiments can we get some info, lore, and history about the ones from the actual comic like the Unseen Sons, Sheffeldian Hard Liners, or The Haifa 103rd Armoured. In case somebody wants to play from said regiments.
"Ave Imperator!"
Current Character: |

Vesper

Postby Vesper » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:32 pm

vengence angel

Postby vengence angel » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:56 pm

Perhaps a thread or section that details various NPCs created by other users stories to be reused in New threads. This would provide a greater depth and continuity I think.

This is my first RP forum so no idea how or if this is a good idea.
##Thought for the day## you're life for the Emperor, your body for the Mechanicum.
Tech priest A1D1N

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:16 pm

Ferrum honore veniat.

Metal C0Mmander

Postby Metal C0Mmander » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:14 pm

If you are seeing this I didn't die or anything I just figured that because of my unabillity to remain involved regularly for long periods of time I might as well not bother the rest of the forum.

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:23 am

Is there any way to get [Spoiler] enabled? Or is that what [list] is?

Aishachan

Postby Aishachan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:32 am

Currently playing:
The earnest-est little commissar// But what would a Commissar do? // There's a form for (or on) that!

SilverRuby

Postby SilverRuby » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:47 am

List just indents, an example of it is under my profile for Vayne under family.
Main:

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:03 am

This morning, we got our first spam account:

It's been mentioned once already that the moderators are understaffed. To this end, I volunteer my services. i have a considerable presence during the US daytime hours and I've been a mod on other forums before.

I understand that I may not be needed once Kaiser and Richard get back, but o also don't know how active InquisitorVawn or that other guy is.

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:15 am

I'd also be available to volunteer, as I've moderated (and then head admin'd) a similar forum myself. I'm technically somewhat US hours but that's because I'm UK evenings/nights.
Ferrum honore veniat.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:22 am

I'd be more concerned about how the little spamflake got in here, which is potentially fixed with some additional forum verification steps. There are forum plugins and such that can be added. :)

Honestly I think having moderators who aren't regular posters keeps personal opinions and drama out of the system. And at the end of the day this forum represents part of Kaiser's work and image. It's a minor responsibility to keep civil as balls as a mod.

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:40 am

Agreed. In such matters I would prefer to defer to Kaiser, but this is all theoretical at the moment.

Kaiser
Site Admin

Postby Kaiser » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:28 am

Hey guys! Got directed here again. Almost done with all our prep-work for adepticon, at which point I can start adding some of these things, for now I'll just kind of address them.

@LordofWar, Vesper re: Regimental Lore, that's a good idea. We've been side-eyeing this for a while, because some of the stuff was player written and a bit... delicate, enough so that I worry about putting it right out front. Aside here, Avicenna and Minwu's regiment was pitched as 'the golden age of islam, but with gender role reversals.' Every time we undergo a new section of the site or redesign, I try to think how to address it tastefully and inevitably fail. I'll make another go of it when the work winds down.

@Vengence Angel re: Character made NPCS, that's another great idea. If anyone would like to start something like that and curate it, I'd appreciate it! Also, welcome!

@Talancir re: Spoilers, That's an easy add. I'll put that at the top of my to-do list.
re: Moderators, I'll leave mod additions up to Richard and Vawn, my priority is general site uptime and functionality. To that end, I've already installed some anti-spam stopgaps that turned a flood (when we first opened) into a small trickle. I'll look into this account and up security measures if need be.

@CommissarCat, You're quite right. I'd prefer to have mods who're somewhat detached. And if someone wanted to take up modding, they would have to understand that their role needs to change from participant to facilitator. I love you guys, and I certainly trust you to make wise decisions, but I also don't want to force you out of the role you're enjoying. As for how you're representing EO, you're all doing a great job. Carry on, and have fun. When March winds down, I've got some ideas on how to make it up to you guys.

PS: That chat feature is installed under the hood, I just need time to screw with the css and make it fit the custom theme.

Kaiser
Site Admin

Postby Kaiser » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:33 am

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:37 am

Thank you, Kaiser! Your answers are sufficient.

DeMarchese

Postby DeMarchese » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:48 am

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:27 pm