[OPEN] North Barracks

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:12 am

"At this time we need all the loyalist we can muster, no life us to be wasted. Consider yourself blessed by the Emperor if it helps you to sleep. If this was another battlefield, you may not have been so 'blessed'."

Only now does De Grotto release Ahde's hand, turning on his heel and taking his leave. "O400 Guardsmen, don't miss your timing!" he called over his shoulder as he made his way to the door. Wesley floated there, quietly observing its master's features and body language. It would seem he had charmed from his earlier rage, at least to the point he would shoot anyone. De Grotto himself felt let down, he hadn't achieved anything with the perpetrator which was unproductive. Then again he had not only give Daniels a rope which he may hag himself with, but he now had him on 'corrective training' or 'I now have authority to do as I wish to make you suffer'. Yes, he would get his vengeance and satisfaction, every morning at four o'clock...

Archer

Postby Archer » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:22 pm

"Nope. She's a local, I guess... I'll be one too when this is over, unlike the others here when the fighting is done I'll be staying to serve under the new governor if we win. It's I've been trying to get along with everyone, Naris is going to be my home." He chuckled looking at the woman. "Anyway, I should probably finish getting dressed and report in... I'm heading over to guard one of the Second Sons officers." He explained before turning back towards the door. "Thank you for the package."

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:09 pm

"No problem," the Munitorum girl said as she hefted her mail sack, "Good luck with your duty, and your girl."

She watched him disappear into the barracks then turned to leave to continue her mail route. Maybe she didn't draw the short straw after all.

[[Unless stopped, leaving thread.]]
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

LaxKnight's Character Hub

Quads

Postby Quads » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:28 am

[[Does a timeskip to the next morning sound good? Or should things be kept here for now.]]

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:47 pm

"Yes sir." Ahde nodded, still quite cheerful. He didn't mention that 4am wasn't a challenge to him, the vox officer often preferring ro work in the quiet, small hours of the morning.

As DeGrotto exited, and clearly passed out of earshot, Ahde sank slowly back down into his seat, and massaged his aching throat. He'd gambled on the master of ordinance being a reasonable man, and to a degree it had paid off.
But this was yet another close call with authority, when all he had needed to do was keep his mouth shut. Whether it was a lesson, was yet to be seen.

Seeing Luca return to the bunks, he called out, mock-irritated, "Some help you were, Lucy boy! Too busy showing your tatties off to the mail clerk to notice the bloody murderer coming in here!"

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:24 am

[[Shouldn't be a need to time skip Quads, feel free to jump in :D ]]

Archer

Postby Archer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:58 am

"Ahde, I'm willing to put myself between a lot of things and those I'm asked to protect... Degrotto is one of the few things even I'm not willing to get in front of, besides you probably had that coming." The Lucifer answered as he pulled on a shirt. "Besides, you lived," Luca spoke tidying up his bunk. "And I wasn't showing off my tattoos I was getting my mail." The young man answered as he sat down opening the box he received, making a noise between a squeal and laugh as he pulled out... A rock. Someone had mailed Luca a rock, diving into the box he kept under his bunk locked with a combination he got glue and googly eyes as he tucked the letter into his pocket to read after he finished his newest friend.

Luca kept three knives in a bundle beside his bunk easy access in case of knife related emergency, along the edge of the bunk were chunks of ferrocrete decently made to look like rocks. The Lucifer claimed they were rocks from the mountain near the Emperor's palace, the poor hiver had never seen a real chunk of rock before so he assumed the seller had the real deal. No one had the heart (yet) to break it to him they weren't actually stones from the throne world. Luca had also decorated these rocks with little uniforms and berets like he wore in his dress uniform, the googly eyes on them made them almost too perfect. The corporal sat the newest rock done with the others. "Perfect." The Lucifer stood up and started to buckle on his armor, Luca really needed more friends... Or a pet... Or something if he was going to keep making rocks into friends.

Quads

Postby Quads » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:11 pm

[[Excellent! Thank you very much.]]

In the darkest recesses of the Northern Barracks there sat a primly dressed outcast.

What was on his mind at the moment was how he was going to get through the day after he burnt out the last of his solar-weekly supply. Hidden in the back with his wooden-metal staff laid over his chest, one leg kicked over the other, and the sweet taste of lho leaving his mouth, the psyker had time to think. At least, he felt like he had time. He probably didn't, but that was besides the point, considering how heavy the Emperor's Tarot weighed in his inner breast pocket. Sometimes..- sometimes Shario wished he could play cards with the damn Tarot, just to see how a game like that would even work, but it was just another idle thought that drifted away with the heady smoke that billowed from his nostrils after another drawn-out exhale.

An excellent start to another unremarkable day.
Last edited by Quads on Tue May 15, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:37 pm

"Not tats. Tatties." Ahde sighed, motioning with his hands at his chest, "Jugs, chesticles." he grinned, amused.

Shaking his head, he sighed again, albeit slightly sympathetic, "Look new blood, you need to learn a thing or two about camaraderie. If you don't, that attitude is gonna leave you with a bad reputation, and only those rocks to talk to."
The vox officer massaged his neck again, "Nobody was saying fight him, but buying some time wouldn't have hurt."

"Besides," Ahde smiled, "Nobody's as scary as they make themselves out to be. Everyone has soft spots." he tapped the vox headset with a wink, "You hear some interesting things... working the switch boards."

Archer

Postby Archer » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:34 am

"You mean breasts? No, I was not staring at her... She's Administratum Ahde and I don't plan on flirting with people who are able to mess with me. Before you mention Cat, he started that one, not me." The Terran added, a light blush on his face. "Ahde... You've met me, right? My ability to lie is non-existent." Oh, the irony of that statement. "Look I'll have your back against anything but the angriest man in the Segmentum who looked about ready to rip my head off last time I spoke to him." The Lucifer shuddered. "You can poke around for his soft spot but I'd rather not risk my head." He paused looking at Ahde a moment. "Anything you heard about me on their is a rumor at best and a lie at its worst." He paused and grabbed one of the chocolate bars out of his stash tossing it towards Ahde as the Lucifer locked the box and hid it once more. "Here, to say I'm sorry for not stopping him."

Luca finished getting his armor on and started to add his backpack and Hotshot. "Anyway, I've got guard duty with Leftenant Hood." He made a face as he started towards the door.

[[Luca is leaving if nobody needs him.]]

Quads

Postby Quads » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:54 am

Having decided that perhaps there was perhaps nothing for him here; and the strange spirit of curiosity still holding onto him, Shario moved to stand. The wafting lho-smoke that seemed to cling to his simple garment trailed behind him ad he began to walk. Introducing a limp to his physical comportment, his gnarled fingers held tenderly to the staff he so adored. Hobbling his way out of those barracks at quite the expedient rate.

Where was he going? An excellent question, as the psyker had heard of a secondary barracks.. perhaps one quieter then the acid-attack-ridden Northern variety. Putting an idle bite on his lower lip he departed as expediently as he had risen. Off to greener pastures, or more likely, colder beds.

[[Shario is leaving, unless stopped]]

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:43 pm

"Throne be. Not her lady buds, yours, you great daft-" Ahde laughed softly, "-Never mind. Wait- Cat? You've met him? I'm so sorry!"
The Mordian smiled, "He's largely harmless in his, ah... over-familiarity. Just shoo him away if he concerns you." adding after a thought, "I'm not certain that dog would know what to do if he ever caught his tail, Lucy. I wouldn't worry."

The vox officer gently placed the chocolate back on Luca's bunk, "How about you buy the first round at the Foxhole later, instead. I'll get the second, if you're good company."

"Same goes for your good self, if you fancy." Ahde nodded to the gaunt psyker, "After shifts end?"

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Tue May 15, 2018 1:47 pm

((Small time shift - some time around mid afternoon))

Light boot steps in the doorway sounded the arrival of one rather stony faced Commissar Yorke, who cast his eyes around the barracks, squinting to adjust his eyes from the change in light.
Ignoring anyone present, after a moment, Cat strode over to Luca's bunk, similarly ignoring the chocolate bar left in plain sight.

Pausing to consider, the commissar patted down a variety of typical, and less typical hiding places, until he found the Lucifer Black's safe box. With a raised eyebrow, and skills picked up from a certain family member, Cat pried the lock, the end of his tongue visible as he sat on the bunk and concentrated.
Removing something gently using his gloved hand, the commissar closed the box, locked it once more, and before it was clear to anyone else what had happened, returned it to its hiding place.

Stepping away from the bunk, and pocketing the concealed item, Yorke continued to ignore the bemused stares and concern around him, striding toward the door. Before turning on his heel, nabbing the chocolate bar and finally leaving.

BlackJack

Postby BlackJack » Thu May 31, 2018 12:06 pm

"And perfect!" the fresh faced conscript whispered to himself as he gave yet another glance over his bedding arrangement. Truth be told it seemed that the Histan spent as much time organizing his personal space as he did sleeping in it, to ensure that it was able to be held to the harshest commissar's standards.

Asher then frowned and tugged lightly on a sheet before nodding again. "Better."

QuothTheRaven

Postby QuothTheRaven » Thu May 31, 2018 3:01 pm

"Pardon me, comin' through, excusez-moi, look out!" Savin comes sprinting through the barracks, dodging around off-duty troopers and cackling madly. She is carrying a cloth sack that clinks metallicly as she runs.
Following her are four Unseen Sons, red-faced with fury and swearing up a storm.
The ratling takes a running leap onto Asher's bed, using the bounce to propel her to the top bunk next to his. From there she catches hold of a roof beam and swing she herself up to a vent grating near the ceiling.
She makes a universal rude gesture at the panting Unseen sons and ducks through the vent and onto the roof. Her feet can be heard patterinng around to the other side, "She must be heading for the mess, the filthy little ab," one of the troopers snarls. He's a sergeant by his demeanor, but his uniform is conspicuously absent of his rank pins.
"We can cut her off behind the ablutions block, c'mon, boys!"
The Unseen Sons start jogging for the exits, out of breath already.

Archer

Postby Archer » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:18 pm

Luca had just gotten back to his room when he spied four Unseen Sons coming out he gave them a hard stare pointed at the door. The Terran was not one to put with them harassing anyone. "You care to get back to the barracks assigned to you?" He pulled on his helmet. "And if you hurt another guardsman, even if they are abhuman I'll take it right up to Holt." He added in a venomous tone carapace armored Lucifer Black struck a rather imposing figure and wasn't exactly the best place for the Unseen Sons to pick a fight. Plenty of others around would love to throw a punch at most annoying regiment on the base.

Luca pushed through them and walked towards the conscript, seeing he had a bunk across from his own. "Haven't seen you before." Added the combat dressed Terran.

BlackJack

Postby BlackJack » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:33 pm

Asher groans as Savin abruptly ruins his handiwork. "A guardsman's work is never done..." he muttered, before quickly turning himself around at the sound of Luca's voice.

The Histan snapped a salute as he recognized the markings of a higher rank before him. "Asher Hayes, sir. 117th Histan Regiment." He said smartly.

QuothTheRaven

Postby QuothTheRaven » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:44 am

A vent in the opposite side of the roof opens and Savin peeks her head in and looks around.
Grinning, she drops onto the top bunk below the vent, apologizes to the abruptly awakened occupant, and hops to the floor. She swaggers over to Asher and sits on his bunk, chuckling to herself. "Big coullion couldn't catch a swamp-spriggan if both it's feet were tied together!"
The ratling swings her feet in the air, sitting on the edge of the bunk, looking smug and jingling the bag the Unseen Sons were so eager to recapture.

Archer

Postby Archer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:59 am

Luca chuckled and looked at the conscript, before patting Asher's shoulder. "Relax, I'm no officer and you can ditch the sir thing, call me Astora or Luca if you prefer." The Lucifer added taking a seat on his bed. Running his fingers through his helmet hair he turned his eyes upwards to Savin. "I think I saw you around Candlemass."

His eyes then rested on the bag. "Well, whatever you took they probably stole from us." The Terran grumbled as he started to unlace his boots producing on his combat knives from it. "But... I would like to know what you took that pissed them off that badly."

QuothTheRaven

Postby QuothTheRaven » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:51 pm

Savin chuckles and dumps the bag out onto poor Asher's bunk. "Every rank pink in the regiment."
She suffers a fit of giggles and is unable to say more for a moment. "Also a bunch of buttons and a few belt buckles. Ima try to have 'em melted down into a doorjam for the kitchens."