Active Plot Thread- The Wall

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 1850
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:51 am

Now in hindsight, the Sniper's action was in vain though understandable given the circumstances:
At the start there were only 2 Imperial Units on the wall fighting a Stealthsuit armed with Plasma Weaponry at close range, their chances of success were severely limited and thus required intervention but the appearance of an Officer (as questionable as his skills are), a Commissar and half a dozen troops made the precise long las shot to the head absolutely pointless -what more was that the scout committed a grave rookie mistake simply out of the necessity to fire: She did not relocate, Stealth Suits just like Sniper operate in teams as demonstrated by the one who just revealed itself, there may be more similarly expert Tau Units searching for the Kriegerin's Location at the very moment.

#8-316 leaned back and down away from her position and crawled its way to the hatch leading downstairs, from below the Unit moved more freely: Grapneled a nearby Building and relocated there, then it reached the top of the building with the same care and stealth to avoid being spotted again. Once in proper position the Kriegerin fished out her Magnoculars and again began surveying the Battlefield: Is the Stealth Suit still on the wall? Are there any other Tau Units on the Wall? How likely is Imperial victory on the wall? Are there any Specialised Tau Units coming through/to the breach? Officers or NCOs? Weapons that can be shot and disabled? Any Flanking manoeuvres? And finally the Thing coming from above. All had to be skimmed through based on this series of question and assigned value, the Unit bearing the Highest value at the moment is analysed further and studies

[[Rolled to Sneaky Breeki
Rolled: 2 +3(Sneaky) +1(Cameleoline Cloak) =2 +4 =6 TOTAL
Image
[[Rolled to Pull a Sauron
Rolled: 1 +2(Careful) +1(Magnoculars) =1 +3 =4 TOTAL
Image

blinddeadmcjones
Posts: 762
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm
Location: Australia

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:35 am

Richard wrote:Halvus' grenade disappears into the cloud of dust and smoke. Seconds later, you hear muffled screams from the Tau. You can't see, but you definitely hit something. Blind-fired pulse bursts pour through the breach, none of them close enough to be threatening. Helmet lights bob in the smoke. The Tau advance continues.


Halvus smiled as she felt a chill go through her spine at the sound of tau screaming from her grenade attack before looking at brinton "i told you today was going to be exciting" she remarked at the other lieutenant, matching the mans wild expression with one of her own as she considered all the various ways her foe could be injured.

Richard wrote:Brinton peers around the corner of the breach, seeing the breacher squad almost upon them. "It is time."

He turns to his team. His eyes are wild. A cruel smile creeps across his face, relishing the thought of the battle to come.

"FIX BAYONETS!" he cries. He turns, and leads the charge into the dust, into the breach, into the enemy.

"For the Emperor!"


"you heard him, suppressing fire and engage the enemy, get nose to nose with them!" she added before following close behind the officer firing from the hip with her boltgun as she charged into battle, repeatedly pulling the trigger as fast as the weapons cycling mechanism would allow

[[Alric6741: hipshooting while heading into close combat
Alric6741 rolls 4u1 = 2+3 quick = 5
Alric6741: issuing orders to the non officer troops charging with her
Alric6741 rolls 4u1 = 0+2 clever = 2]]

User avatar
LaxKnight
Posts: 691
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: United States

Postby LaxKnight » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:42 pm

As she stood near Lieutenant Brinton, Thea mentally psyched herself up. The enemy was close, it was almost time. Time to charge, to kill, to slaughter, to destroy the Xenos scourge, and to bring honor and glory to herself, her regiment, and her homeworld! When Brinton called for them to fix bayonets, she looked back at him as she roared, beating her breast with her sword. This was it!

The moment he uttered his warcry Thea charged ahead giving one of her own, the sound of lions roaring along with her coming from her helmet. It might have been drowned out in the din of battle but it definitely got her blood burning. She disappeared into the dust, looked for her first victim.

[Rolling Quick 3 to charge! Going faster than others.]
Alric2621:4U1+3 → 2( (0 +0 +0 +-1)+ 3)
[Total: 2]

[Rolling Flashy +2 to be scary!]
Alric2621:4U1+2 → 1( (-1 +0 +1 +-1)+ 2)
[Adding +1 due to helmet making loud lion roars! (Forgot to add to roll earlier)]
[Total: 2]
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

LaxKnight's Character Hub

User avatar
Fates End
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:00 am
Location: Deepest Darkest Montana

Postby Fates End » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:23 am

((December is boring. December is careful. December is rolling careful to not die, and then careful again to shoot the dropship with her pet quadgun. First roll for avoiding death is a 0 +3 from stat for a total of 3. phew. Second roll is a 1 +3 from careful for a total of 4))


One of the benefits of being a touch slow on tracking the gunship from a few moments before . . . December was in a good position to hunker down behind the gun, silencing the tiny voice in her head saying that that was cowardice. Was it really cowardice to take cover from enemy fire? If it was, she was a coward. But if being a coward saved more lives, then a coward she would be.

Staying hunkered behind the gun as the enemy fire spattered and shrieked around her, she focused only on the chance to fire again. The Tau hadn't expected a Quadgun to survive the onslaught. That would be their undoing if she had any say in the matter. Still, keen ears heard the Commissar fall, somewhere off to the side. Was he dead? wounded? It sounded as though he were still talking, that was a good sign.

Bring down the dropship. Then patch people up. It doesn't do them any good if you stop to heal while that dropship kills you all.

With a measure of reluctance, she dragged her attention back to the dropship as a break in the enemy fire gave her an opportunity. With the dropship almost above them, it was impossible to miss the thing. With a roar of thunder and a shaking of the grips, the quadgun opened fire again as she brought it to bear against the aircraft. Pouring fire once more into the area surrounding the bay, praying she could capitalize on the damage originally done.
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

Fate's Characters:
Imperial Guard:
Watchmaster Ash,Medicae Dryden,Nines
PDF/Other:
The Wanderer,Tricia Bennet

User avatar
Tabitha Maru
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Tabitha Maru » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:41 am

Lying in the wet dust peering down the sights of her carbine she waited for the hostile xenos to show themselves in the cloud that still lingered in the breach. The sounds of the battle around them feeling muted and distant as the remains of the gate together with the rain caked on her uniform, her ears increasingly being filled with the sound of her heart beating fast and her own breath. She breathed in, and somewhere close by someone was yelling something about Mordia. She exhaled and up ahead there was a muffled explosion and screams. She took a deep breath again, it wouldn't be long now.

Then the bobbing lights started revealing themselves in the air, bobbing back and forth like malevolent insects. She let her breath out and then squeezed the trigger, letting her weapon do it's deadly work.

((Rolling Careful (3) +1 to shoot a xeno
Tabitha:4U1+4 → 4( (-1 +1 +0 +0)+ 4) ))

She couldn't really tell if her shot struck true or not as the cry to fix bayonets filled her ears, followed by the warcry in the Emperor's name. Adrenaline surged and she reached back and pulled the blade out, locking it in place on the carbine. Acting more on rote than thought. She was afraid, yeah. But that was secondary to her desire to keep her friends alive and doing her duty to Him on Terra.

She grabbed her carbine so hard her knuckles turned white and let out a wordless scream of defiance aat the xenos, to join into the chorus of the others charging (and vent some of that fear she felt beating in her chest out) and jumped up from her little spot in the mud. Following a little behind Halvus into the fray, the mud on her fatigues and the goggles strapped over her eyes making her look a little like a grey-brown swamp owl looking for prey to engage with her carbine.
Private Tabitha Maru Image Image - Lieutenant Yudel Eckhardt

Character sheets

Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

User avatar
Richard
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:52 pm

Postby Richard » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:48 pm

On The Wall
Fates End wrote:((December is boring. December is careful. December is rolling careful to not die, and then careful again to shoot the dropship with her pet quadgun. First roll for avoiding death is a 0 +3 from stat for a total of 3. phew. Second roll is a 1 +3 from careful for a total of 4))

With a measure of reluctance, she dragged her attention back to the dropship as a break in the enemy fire gave her an opportunity. With the dropship almost above them, it was impossible to miss the thing. With a roar of thunder and a shaking of the grips, the quadgun opened fire again as she brought it to bear against the aircraft. Pouring fire once more into the area surrounding the bay, praying she could capitalize on the damage originally done.


December avoids the hail of incoming fire and sticks with her quad gun. The dropship is passing so low, so slowly, it seems to hang in the air above you. You pour flak into it, marveling at the Quad-guns gratuitous rate of fire. You score multiple direct hits, and the dropship noses upwards, trying to use the cloud cover.

Commissar Cat wrote:"Stay in cover- I'm okay." the voice was slightly strained, but there was a believable confidence to the statement.
Pulling himself up on one arm, Cat cleared some of the water and grit from his face, somewhat irritably. They'd been complacent.

"Bring it down!"

(( - Action: Aspect "You're gonna go far, kid (Vayne)" to shield the corporal. Roll: -3, Quick 4, Aspect +2 = 3 (success)
- Reaction: Take cover himself. Roll -2, Quick 4 = 2 (fail)
I nominate hit location as shoulder of his bionic arm, so no longer can he dual wield/clap reliably? ))

((Forceful to not whine = 2))


Cat takes a bad hit to his bionic arm, knocking him to the parapet floor and disabling the bionic. Sparks gush from the wound in the machine. Vayne is pushed to safety. Cat barely stifles his whine.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg wrote:#8-316 leaned back and down away from her position and crawled its way to the hatch leading downstairs, from below the Unit moved more freely: Grapneled a nearby Building and relocated there, then it reached the top of the building with the same care and stealth to avoid being spotted again. Once in proper position the Kriegerin fished out her Magnoculars and again began surveying the Battlefield: Is the Stealth Suit still on the wall? Are there any other Tau Units on the Wall? How likely is Imperial victory on the wall? Are there any Specialised Tau Units coming through/to the breach? Officers or NCOs? Weapons that can be shot and disabled? Any Flanking manoeuvres? And finally the Thing coming from above. All had to be skimmed through based on this series of question and assigned value, the Unit bearing the Highest value at the moment is analysed further and studies

[[Rolled to Sneaky Breeki
Rolled: 2 +3(Sneaky) +1(Cameleoline Cloak) =2 +4 =6 TOTAL
Image
[[Rolled to Pull a Sauron
Rolled: 1 +2(Careful) +1(Magnoculars) =1 +3 =4 TOTAL
Image


#8-316 stays hidden, and notices that quite suddenly, the Stealth Suit's fire stops. As the drones around it continue firing, the Xenos readies some kind of shoulder mounted device, and points it at the Quad-Gun. Through the smoke, the thin red line of the marker light is visible to the naked eye.

In The Breach
Combat, fast and frenzied, breaks out over the rubble pile that was once the wall. Smoke, dust, screams, and bursts of enemy fire assault your senses all at once. You are well in it now.

Hobbsy wrote:Well that's a relief. The Bacaran had feared he'd do something stupid. Leaping up from his position, Joseph took up the cry of the lieutenant. "For the Emperor!"

Raising his pistol, Joseph squeezed off a few shots in quick succession at the closest helmet light before him. With that he join the charge, sprinting to catch up to Brinton and close with the enemy. Today the xenos will learn how sharp his shovel blade is.
[[Roll=-1+3 quick +1 for the bonus Richard gave= a total of 3 to shot a tau]]


Joseph sees a blue visor gleaming through the smoke, and fires. His shot is true and catches the alien in the facemask. The creature goes down into the dirt. A second later, it shakes its head, brings its carbine to bear and fires back. [[Careful, Quick or Clever to dodge, difficulty 3.]]

blinddeadmcjones wrote:Halvus smiled as she felt a chill go through her spine at the sound of tau screaming from her grenade attack before looking at brinton "i told you today was going to be exciting" she remarked at the other lieutenant, matching the mans wild expression with one of her own as she considered all the various ways her foe could be injured.

"you heard him, suppressing fire and engage the enemy, get nose to nose with them!" she added before following close behind the officer firing from the hip with her boltgun as she charged into battle, repeatedly pulling the trigger as fast as the weapons cycling mechanism would allow

[[Alric6741: hipshooting while heading into close combat
Alric6741 rolls 4u1 = 2+3 quick = 5
Alric6741: issuing orders to the non officer troops charging with her
Alric6741 rolls 4u1 = 0+2 clever = 2]]


Halvus bolts through the battle like a madman, firing as she charges. She nearly slams into a Fire Warrior rounding the corner of the breach, her hail of fire thudding into the alien's belly. The creature doubles over screaming, blue blood pumping from the holes in its armor. A comrade behind him braces and fires at Halvus, almost point blank. [[Careful, Quick or Clever to dodge, difficulty 3.]]

Tabitha Maru wrote:((Rolling Careful (3) +1 to shoot a xeno
Tabitha:4U1+4 → 4( (-1 +1 +0 +0)+ 4) ))


She grabbed her carbine so hard her knuckles turned white and let out a wordless scream of defiance aat the xenos, to join into the chorus of the others charging (and vent some of that fear she felt beating in her chest out) and jumped up from her little spot in the mud. Following a little behind Halvus into the fray, the mud on her fatigues and the goggles strapped over her eyes making her look a little like a grey-brown swamp owl looking for prey to engage with her carbine.


Tabitha follows Halvus into the chaos, advancing carefully. She watches Halvus bring a Fire Warrior down with a hail of fire, only for another to bring its weapon to bear on her. Tabitha fires as the alien fires, catching the xenos in the throat with an excellent shot, but not before he looses a volley at her comrade...

LaxKnight wrote:As she stood near Lieutenant Brinton, Thea mentally psyched herself up. The enemy was close, it was almost time. Time to charge, to kill, to slaughter, to destroy the Xenos scourge, and to bring honor and glory to herself, her regiment, and her homeworld! When Brinton called for them to fix bayonets, she looked back at him as she roared, beating her breast with her sword. This was it!

The moment he uttered his warcry Thea charged ahead giving one of her own, the sound of lions roaring along with her coming from her helmet. It might have been drowned out in the din of battle but it definitely got her blood burning. She disappeared into the dust, looked for her first victim.

[Rolling Quick 3 to charge! Going faster than others.]
Alric2621:4U1+3 → 2( (0 +0 +0 +-1)+ 3)
[Total: 2]

[Rolling Flashy +2 to be scary!]
Alric2621:4U1+2 → 1( (-1 +0 +1 +-1)+ 2)
[Adding +1 due to helmet making loud lion roars! (Forgot to add to roll earlier)]
[Total: 2]


Thea tries to find the enemy in the smoke, nearly swinging at Halvus as she charges past her, but she cannot find a target in the smoke and the chaos. She hears the whine of an activating pulse carbine and turns, just in time to see a Fire Warrior bearing down on her. She roars, but the alien pays it no heed. [[Careful, Quick or Clever to dodge, difficulty 3.]]

User avatar
Zeppo
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:43 pm
Location: Saguenay, Canada

Postby Zeppo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Richard wrote:"FIX BAYONETS!" he cries. He turns, and leads the charge into the dust, into the breach, into the enemy.

"For the Emperor!"


As the order fuse, Ema quickly draws her bayonet and charge in the dust cloud!

Entering the cloud, she addresses a silent prayer to Terra, may the God Emperor protect her like he did in the tunnel. She spots the first T’au, immediately slain by a series of bolt. She continues her courses, a strange man only armed with a pistol and an entrenching tool on her right. The man open fire and knock down a T’au, he’s still alive. Frack!

Firing in the dust only going to transform her on a flashy target for the techno-sorcery of the T’au, she tightens her grip on her carbine. Hugot dive on the Xeno, using her speed and mass to impale him on her weapon.


[[Alric1092: Ema try to avoid the incoming fire:
Alric1092 rolls 4u1+3 (quick)= 3 ]]

[[Alric1092: Ema bayoneting time:
Alric1092 rolls 4u1+2 (forceful)= 3 ]]
Main : Ema Hugot

User avatar
Hobbsy
Posts: 756
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:16 am
Location: Palmiston North, New Zealand

Postby Hobbsy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:15 pm

Joseph sees a blue visor gleaming through the smoke, and fires. His shot is true and catches the alien in the facemask. The creature goes down into the dirt. A second later, it shakes its head, brings its carbine to bear and fires back.

Joseph was well on his way to finishing off the tau with his shovel when the xeno raised back up to fire. Eyes widening at the sudden development the Bacaran, as much by instinct as by thought, dived for the ground as the carbine cracked. The burning shot flew past the left side of his head as he rolled towards the terra, pain shooting through his system. He hit hard. A wave of senselessness mixing with the pain. A moment past before Joseph regain control, the smell of burnt hair, cloth and flesh filling his nostrils.

As he raised up to his knee, two things struck him. The first was pain from what he could now tell was his left shoulder, the other was that he was a lot lighter now. Looking down to the ground, he could see his large marching pack, the top right of the metal pack frame where the strap connected a melted mess. That wouldn't be an easy fix. Looking up to the raging battle, Joseph saw the Tau who had shot him impaled by the bayonet of a gaurdswomen. The rag inside of him burned as he watch his assailant die at someone else's hands. Finally he look to his shoulder. Although it look messy, the woollen pull over and under shirt burn right off it, it didn't look as bad as it felt. Though shooting wouldn't do well with his shoulder as it was so it looked like the shovel would have to do for now. It's not like the damn pistol shot did much good anyway.

Pocketing the pistol, Joseph quickly spotted the lioness charging another tau warrior. It was time to get back in the fight. Pushing past the pain and dazed feelings, the Bacaran launched into a new charge. As he drew near he bellowed "Blood on the grass!!!", raising the shovel in his right hand and bringing it down on the warrior from a hopefully unexpected angle.

[[Roll to dodge=-1+3 quick=2, Joseph takes a shot to his left shoulder, most likely a bloody mess now.
Roll to shovel the Tau warrior in front of Thea.
Roll=2+3 quick=5! :D ]]

blinddeadmcjones
Posts: 762
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm
Location: Australia

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:31 pm

what a lovely bunch, halvus thought as the bolt rounds slammed home, you all make such interesting noises. she was so caught up in the moment that she almost didn't notice the tau behind the one she was killed firing at her point blank, thinking quickly she grabbed her kill by the arm and yanked the body across to try and block the shot, and for the most part she was almost successful. almost.

at such close range and with its armour already compromised the pulse round tore through her improvised shield and into her, striking her shooting arm, with a hiss she let go of her boltgun before rearing up to strike the one who had shot her, stopping when she saw it was already dead.

weak things these tau, so easy to break, she mused as she looked back at her wound, thankfully her flak armour had taken the brunt of the hit before it had failed but as it stood her shoulder was still burnt and bleeding, her smile came back and if anything got a little wider than normal.

"so you've actually got some bite to ya" claudia muttered loudly as she looked for a fresh target, letting the weapon sling support the weight of her boltgun as she grabbed hold of the pistol grip again. "goooood" the officer didn't have to look far, carefully lining up a shot at another firewarrior and opening fire.


[[Alric6111: halvus, evasion roll
Alric6111 rolls 4u1 = -1 +3 quick = 2
Alric6111: attack random firewarrior (i dun goofed and didn't realise someone else was already attacking the one attacking thea)
Alric6111 rolls 4u1 = -1 +2 careful = 1]]

Nevaraon
Posts: 568
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:50 pm
Location: florence SC

Postby Nevaraon » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:38 am

Richard wrote:On the other side of the wall, across the gap caused by the breach, another Stealth Suit flickers into vision, its pulse cannon flaring, two gun drones at its side. [[Everyone on the wall roll Careful, Sneaky or Quick to avoid the incoming fire, target number 3.



Carmine looked up and across the way to see another suit appear out of nowhere. He threw himself to the ground for the second time in what seemed to be as many minutes. He wasn’t quite fast enough though. He felt a flash of agony lance through his body as he was struck.

_________________
The dice gods hate me today. Sorry about the long response time. School and life kinda swept me up.

Also I’ll leave it up to you Richard,
https://rolz.org/embed?X37419860 + 3 Quick= 2.

User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 1850
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:53 am

Richard wrote:#8-316 stays hidden, and notices that quite suddenly, the Stealth Suit's fire stops. As the drones around it continue firing, the Xenos readies some kind of shoulder mounted device, and points it at the Quad-Gun. Through the smoke, the thin red line of the marker light is visible to the naked eye.


Vox Silence be damned, the value of the mission currently exceeds the small chance of being found out.
The Scout drops her magnoculars and steadies her weapon for another shot, quickly voxing over to the imperials in the hopes their fire will do the job if hers doesn't.

++Wall Suit. Shoulder Weapon primed at Quad Gun. Top Priority++


And pulled the trigger.

Regardless of the success, the Unit relocated over to another window as per protocol

[[Rolling to shoot tha thang
Rolled:
2 +2(Careful) +1(Previous scanning) = 2 +3 =5 TOTAL
Image
[[Rolling to sneakily sneak away
Rolled: 1 +3(Sneaky) +1(Cameleoline Cloak) = 1 +4 = 5 Total]]
Image
Last edited by Johannes Wyss von Krieg on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Zink
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:19 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Postby Zink » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:15 am

Much to #68-A-7648's eternal shame, they were not present among the bayonet charge as ordered.

This was due to a simply failure of body, not spirit, the Kriegsman having collapsed to a knee from overexertion as the fatigue of his self-imposed haste bested him. The respiration assembly struggled to keep up with his laborious breaths, his hand weakly grasping at the controls, lowering filters to allow more air in. His gaze remained locked on the breach within the wall - at the soldiers charging in, so eager to martyr themselves In His Name. Another example of his failings - a lack of foresight leading him unable to serve, to fulfill his purpose, which only turned his growing contempt inwards. Like a festering wound, the irritation that was seething within him blossomed into something more - Hatred.

The Kriegsman's body may have been overexerted, but still he pressed on - rising from his position of weakness as he raised his Lasrifle. His free hand reached for his belt, grabbing hold of the sword-bayonet that had dangled uselessly from his side, drawing and mounting it with a fluid motion that belied his weakness. Leveling his now-readied lasrifle, the Krieger pushed himself onward, building up the momentum needed to cross the breach, and join in the furious melee.

Image

User avatar
LaxKnight
Posts: 691
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: United States

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:27 am

Thea's warcry faltered when after running in she found no immediate enemies. She huffed in her respirator as she looked around, people passing near her in the dusty cloud, until she found a Fire Warrior lining a shot on her. There was little time to think, only act. Raising her shield, she charged at the xenos! She felt the blistering heat of plasma on her shield arm but she kept charging. She was committed and she sought bloody vengeance on the abomination! She will not waver! Unaware that anyone else was attacking her target, when Thea got close enough to her foe she jabbed with her sword, hoping to end this skirmish and move on.

[Rolling Quick 3 to not get shot]
Alric7905:4U1+3 → 1( (-1 +-1 +1 +-1)+ 3)
[Total: 1][Took the shot in shield arm, saying it's 2nd degree burned from having to go through shield and light carapace.]

[Rolling Quick 3 to charge!]
Alric7905:4U1+3 → 4( (-1 +0 +1 +1)+ 3)
[Total: 4]
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

LaxKnight's Character Hub

User avatar
DeMarchese
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:28 am
Location: Spain

Postby DeMarchese » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:33 pm

Richard wrote:A hail of massed fire, in the finest tradition of the Guard, overwhelms the Stealth Suit. Charred and pierced in a dozen places, a round connects with the suits exposed power pack, and its jetpack fuel detonates. The xenos plummets off the wall, tumbling end over end, landing on the inside of the base with a sickening crunch of pulverized bone and armor.

There is a moment of respite for the team on the wall. Then, a flurry of pulse fire rakes their position, flanking them.

On the other side of the wall, across the gap caused by the breach, another Stealth Suit flickers into vision, its pulse cannon flaring, two gun drones at its side.

Above them, the dropship looms almost directly overhead. Air raid sirens join the general attack alarm, shrill and deafening.


Aesteban ducked as soon as the first plasma projectiles blasted parts of the battlements and crossed the air with their distinctive hissing when the air burned around them. The smell of concentrated ozone increased when his refractor field sensed the nearing drops of molten energy, dripping specks of stolen stars that melted stone, flesh and bone.

Alric8236: Aesteban rolls to dodge the T'au plasma fire.
Alric8236 rolls 4u1+1 = -1


Despite his best efforts, dodging was not one of his many talents. Lacking as much reflexes as muscle, Aesteban movements were slow and came too late for the officer to find any cover in time. There was a brief but intense flash, immediately followed by some invisible force that struck him with considerable strenght. Ears ringing due to the localized and sudden atmospheric decompression, Aesteban found himself lying on the floor face up, rain drops annoyingly reminding him of reality. Pain seized both the head and his back. The very air tasted like metal.

Raising his head carefully enough to not be identified as a survivor, the officer instantly saw the cause of this strange lapse on his reality: A tiny trail of smoke rose from the golden gorget covering his torso. The ancient relic of his family, the refractor field, just overloaded due to a massive absortion of damage. The device saved his life at the cost of the sheer sense of invulnerability that provided him with the courage he lacked.

Gritting his teeth, Aesteban rolled on his back and crawled to the nearest pile of rubble as quick as he could to find some protection. Cold sweat mixing with the rain soaking wet his uniform as he fought to maintain some degree of self-control.

"Commissar!" he yelled to be heard above the deafening sound of the nearby cannons firing at the sky "Commissar! We have to fall back! We are caught in the open! Lets go back to the tower access!" he pointed back with a finger at the door entrance to the battlements in the tower "We can still contest this position from there! Let them have it!" the officer fired a pair of blind las rounds to the T'au armor at the other side of the breach "Most of us have short weapons up here! We can't deal with that thing right now! They got us pinned down here and with nowhere to go before they drop on us from the sky! I am giving the order!"

Aesteban began to slowly crawl back to the entrance door, trying to get a low profile as possible between the rubble and reaching the safety of solid cover before another hail of plasma fire reduced him to dust.

"Get down men!" he yelled "Get down and fall back! Find some cover!"

Aesteban rolls to reach the safety of cover without the T'au noticing him for the next round of combat.
Alric8236 rolls 4u1+1 = 1 (Do I have an extra bonus for the rubble and the bad visibility due to heavy rain?)

User avatar
Fates End
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:00 am
Location: Deepest Darkest Montana

Postby Fates End » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:16 am

((December is attempting to get one more shot in before the dropship gains cloudcover. Rolling careful to line up shot. Rolled 1 +3 from stat for a total of 4))

The sound of the quadgun was deafening, the vibrations pulsing through it and around her were boneshaking. And the rain----the rain was nice. Calming. Reminded her of the occasional thunderstorm back home. The gun fell silent as fresh ammo was automatically loaded . . .

but the rain. The rain was soothing. Muddy droplets pelted over December's helmet and down to her greatcoat. Thoroughly soaked, the gear still held up well despite its age and battered appearance. Keeping her relatively warm and safe. Orders were being shouted and it sounded like the scout, Erika, was talking about something and the quadgun. She listened more carefully and realized that the amount of fire towards their position was lessening slightly. The battlesuit had stopped shooting?

With a cold, chilling realization she guessed why that was. Part of her knew her Watchmaster would approve of the Tau's tactics while saying they'd moved too slow. The quadgun should have been a priority target even before it started firing. She absentmindedly wondered if she'd see him again, or any of the damned 19th. Or whatever number they were called now, she really couldn't remember. All that mattered was that something likely lethal was going to hit the gun in a moment. And that dropship was still flying.

It had battlesuits in its belly, she was almost sure. Trying to recall what she'd seen in those split seconds. How many and what sort didn't really matter. This battle was only joined for a few minutes and in the rain response would be slow. Nothing had changed. The dropship had to die. Or at the very least be driven off. She'd been blessed to fire the gun thrice already, and she heard the autoloaders completing their churning bustle.

It had to die. No more snapfiring. Careful aiming was how you killed something that big. She was quite sure that unless something stopped the suit, she was dead. But the quadgun couldn't turn to fire at the enemy position and she couldn't abandon the post she'd accidentally forced on herself.

So she swung the gun up, half-crouching as it tilted to follow the dropship. The angle wasn't the best, but it would have to do. She depressed the triggers again as the jarring roar erupted once more. The quadgun belched fire and what she prayed was a death sentence at the dropship, tracers and shells scything through the rain into the clouds at the rapidly disappearing shape.
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

Fate's Characters:
Imperial Guard:
Watchmaster Ash,Medicae Dryden,Nines
PDF/Other:
The Wanderer,Tricia Bennet

User avatar
Tabitha Maru
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Tabitha Maru » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:34 pm

When the Fire warrior took a shot at the lieutenant, Tabitha's heart skipped a beat. She lowered her carbine and took a few hurried steps forward to rush to Halvus' side, but slowed her pace when she saw that smile on the officer's face. A smile that was anything but warm and comforting, instead there was something profoundly terrifying in the expression and most especially in her eyes. Mercifully, she was on their side. Not that it made her any less frightening, but still...

A voice crackled in her ears, barely audible between the static and the din of combat. Maybe she could've made it out, if she had time to focus on it. But with everything else going on there were just so much else to focus on. It didn't repeat anyways, so maybe it had been dealt with? Just as that thought passed through her mind, she was shaken out of her thoughts by a defiant cry nearby and a loud clang. Whatever the message was her full attention was needed here.

She took a few steps forward and swept around once more, trying to find a new target in the frantic melee. Carefully not trying to hit a friend.

(( Rollling careful (3) to line up a new shot
Tabitha:4U1+3 → 2( (-1 +-1 +1 +0)+ 3) ))
Private Tabitha Maru Image Image - Lieutenant Yudel Eckhardt

Character sheets

Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

User avatar
Commissar Cat
Posts: 2067
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Contact:

Postby Commissar Cat » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:54 pm

Strange, burning signals raced up Yorke's shoulder into his neck as he tried to move his arm, synthetic nerves firing and dying as the flood of sparks flickered and faded away in the rain.
His bionic arm seized up, the joints fidgeting and spasming as circuits attempted to fire. With a sigh, Cat reached the back of his neck, and although the panel was slippery with water, knocked out the MIU link, deadening the arm for now.

He sat up in time to see Aesteban hit the deck, and the flicker of energy that signalled the death of a refractor field. Yorke narrowed his eyes, assessing that the noble's bravery and encouragement had been down to the shield. Pushing others to take risks when he himself was immune-

Johannes Wyss von Krieg wrote:++Wall Suit. Shoulder Weapon primed at Quad Gun. Top Priority++

The commissar pulled himself to his feet, wiping more rain from his face, and gazed at the bolt pistol at his belt. Reluctant as he was to use it, the explosive rounds would stand more of a chance against the suit.

DeMarchese wrote:"Commissar!" he yelled to be heard above the deafening sound of the nearby cannons firing at the sky "Commissar! We have to fall back! We are caught in the open! Lets go back to the tower access!"

(...)

"Get down men!" he yelled "Get down and fall back! Find some cover!"
Yorke impassively watched Aesteban run for the door, and meeting the other's eyes, simply nodded, "You take Carmine and join the others. If this thing stays on the wall, all below are lost."

Cat raised his voice, "Carmine! Follow the Lieutenant! Corporal Vayne, carry on trying to knock that wall down. Sergeant Manner! We buy the gunner more time!"

Picking up a loose brick from the wall, the commissar hurled it across at the suit, intending to distract the aim, hopefully away from the quad gun, before seizing his bolt pistol.
Taking a moment to aim, he fired, silent prayer on his lips as he gritted his teeth at the deafening shot.

(( Roll Quick to hit the suit with a brick to the "face" and distract it.
Total = 4

Roll Clever to blam the shoulder weapon or head area of the suit after Erika's warning.
Total = 3 ))

User avatar
CyGamer
Posts: 798
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:16 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Postby CyGamer » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:19 pm

Krast felt the flamer roar in his hands, felt the heat of the burning promethium in front of him. This was what he had been trained to do. He let go of the trigger, letting the spots from his vision fade and looking around. There was ten, but a few wouldn’t be getting up.

But things were getting tricky as everyone was engaging in close combat. Not an ideal setting for a flamer, unless you were a krieger. He looked around, and decided that he needed to at least keep the breach covered. He turned and put out a line of flame across the breach, trying to keep it away from any friendlies. After there was a good line, he put the flamer on his back, pulled out his knife and pistol, and with a cry he charged.

“FOR THE EMPEROR!!!”

(Rolled a 0+1 careful to create a wall of fire to slow enemy advance, and a -1+3 forceful to charge and attack some blueberries.)
Last edited by CyGamer on Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cy Character Chart
Who says the future has to be grimdark? Matt Ward that's who.

Riveris
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:19 am

Postby Riveris » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:23 pm

Richard wrote:A hail of massed fire, in the finest tradition of the Guard, overwhelms the Stealth Suit. Charred and pierced in a dozen places, a round connects with the suits exposed power pack, and its jetpack fuel detonates. The xenos plummets off the wall, tumbling end over end, landing on the inside of the base with a sickening crunch of pulverized bone and armor.

There is a moment of respite for the team on the wall. Then, a flurry of pulse fire rakes their position, flanking them.

On the other side of the wall, across the gap caused by the breach, another Stealth Suit flickers into vision, its pulse cannon flaring, two gun drones at its side.

Above them, the dropship looms almost directly overhead. Air raid sirens join the general attack alarm, shrill and deafening.


Wilfred allowed himself a grin and breath.dfs He would have to get a trophy from that later. Almost as soon as he was able to get his wits about him he would have to dive for cover as he saw the vollys of plasma hitting the wall and took cover behind rubble Adjusting himself to where he could point his stubber and rest it on the rubble for more support and took aim at the reviled stealth suit. Voxing out +Second Stealth suit. Across the gap. They are giving us suppressing fire. Requesting fire support from wall squad+ Before Taking aim and opening fire again. Aiming into the chest of the mechanical beast. and holding on the trigger to release another volly of returned fire. Keeping his eye on the barrel of the stubber growing hotter as he held down the trigger


(Rolled a 4u1+1 (quick) and got 3 to get out of the vollys way. Then rolled another 4u1+1 (careful) to take aim again and got another 3)

DeMarchese wrote:"Get down men!" he yelled "Get down and fall back! Find some cover!"


He was having trouble hearing the officer yell his orders over the sound of the sirens and general battle. Not to mention the sound of his own gun blaring threw the padding of his helm. But he was scrambling to get the jest of it. If it was important to him at this moment then he would have voxed it over. He continued his returning fire.

Nevaraon
Posts: 568
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:50 pm
Location: florence SC

Postby Nevaraon » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:30 am

Commissar Cat wrote:Cat raised his voice, "Carmine! Follow the Lieutenant! Corporal Vayne, carry on trying to knock that wall down. Sergeant Manner! We buy the gunner more time!"


If there was one thing that could stir up Carmine’s bullheadedness. It was giving him an order he didn’t like. Such an action gave rise to a wall of determination that would impress even the most grim faced Valhallan.


So he was perfectly happy to fall back out of the line of fire with the fancy popinjay.

“Ah’m On et Commie!” He called out as he staggered to his feet. One hand covering his wounded side. The other holding his pistol in a death grip.

Unlike Aesteban’s more cautious retreat, Carmine simply opted to sprint for the door.

_________________


https://rolz.org/embed?X37467035 For a total of 4 yay!
Last edited by Nevaraon on Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests