[OPEN] Chapel

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:23 am

The short confessor's eyes immediately locked onto the approaching Hospitaller as she approached. As she bowed, introduced herself as Mari and offered her services, the Confessor sighed as an absolute sign of relief. "You are just the women for the job sister! Praise the Emperor for the blessings he bestows." Von Smit replied as he bowed himself with the sign of the aquila, his voice slightly loud and heavily accented. "Come, we mustn't waste time!" the Confessor blurted in his high pitch voice as he spun round on his heel and made for the door.

Just before rushing inside he halts, turns to the guardsmen who had also appeared on the steps a moment after the Hospitaller and address him. "I'm so sorry brother, we just have some 'business' We need to attend to. Feel free to do what you need to in the Chapel and will be with you if you need us as soon as we can."

Without wait for a reply he hurried back into the Chapel and down the side towards the Sacristy. He hoped the guardsmen wouldn't mind, why did he have to pop up now though? Why not during confessional hours? No one ever turns up at that time! O well, there was more important things to sort out now. As Von Smit reached the Sacristy, he waited at the wooden door to usher the sister inside.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:04 am

"There are easier ways to get oneself a date, Confessor." from his resting spot in the pews, Captain Gaskell lowered his book, and watched the scurrying Von Smit with dry amusement. Inclining his head in bemusement at the seriousness of the other man, and the hospitalier, Gaz ventured, "Is everything alright, fella?"

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:51 am

Von Smit look in the direction of the voice which had made such an 'unsavoury' comment, his face for once of stone rather that the usual creepy smile. It hid his surprise that such comment had come from a captain no less. He observed the man for a moment, a thought crossing his mind. Then he tilted his head back, eyes bulging and locked on the man as he spoke in his high pitch. "If you are wanting to be of use Captain, you are welcome to enter and offer your assistance rather than make light. Or if you are not inclined to join us, you can stay here and prevent others from entering the Sacristy. That would also be of help."

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:37 pm

Mari listened to the Confessor and couldn’t help but smile a little at his praise and relief. As she waited for him to open the doors, she saw a Guardsman approach who simply waited for the Chapel to open; saying nothing to them. As the Confessor spoke to him she realized that she recognized this particular Guardsman. Who else walks around with a bandage over their eye like that but Wilfred Manner. In his hands seemed to be implements of prayer and saw that he followed the Promethean Cult. Interesting. How did that sect of religion touch him? Did he perhaps meet one of the vaunted Salamanders?

Mari followed the Confessor to the sacristy when they were greeted with a what was likely lighthearted but, to Mari, an extremely rude comment. She was surprised that the Confessor didn’t light into him but instead asked him for help, though not without showing some displeasure. Mari didn’t have the same repertoire with the Captain as he did with the Confessor so all he got from her was a piercing glare.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

LaxKnight's Character Hub

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:37 pm

Wilfred would nod and bowed his head down "thank you confessor." he would say as he looked up and saw The Sister Hospitaller looking at him. He felt his chest tighten as he looked back at her for a few moments. What was it. did she want something to say? why was she looking at his prayer candle. Who was she?! Oh throne shes looking back at him and his bandaged eye. Oh God Emperor he was smoking infront of her. Say something stupid! Anything before you get yourself sent to the meat house. "S-sister Hospitaller." he said swallowing hard as his free hand augmatic hand quickly pinched the Iho out and tucked it into the back of his bandages and bowing his head down again as he would wait for her to fallow the confessor. And waited a few moments sill. Thankful that her gaze was taken by a captains comments. And that her glare was not directed at him. He would wait a while longer until they would all be inside.

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:44 pm

“A-ah, e-excuse me!”

Quietly shuffling into the main space of the chapel in her signature green robes, Astropath Melisandre carried a prayer book in the crook of her right arm, her left clutching at her astropathic staff. She was smiling politely, though her tone betrayed her inherent anxiety about seeing multiple new people in the Chapel and a very serious looking Confessor. Ophelia’s ‘gaze’ turned to Captain Gaskell – her greyed-out pupils blankly aimed in his direction as she relied on her other senses to figure out where he was – and the prayer beads and bronze Aquila trinkets dangling from the head of her staff chimed gently as she turned, politely – but somewhat firmly – diverting his attention from distracting the Confessor.

“F-Father Von Smit is preoccupied at this time. M-may I assist you in his place?”

The aether tasted of holy incense – the Confessor’s usual aura – though stronger than usual, and now with a hint of disinfectant. Diverting her attention from Gaskell for a moment out of curiosity, the adepta let out a gentle telepathic ping, only to be met with the ironclad and holy aura of an Adepta Sororitas in the flesh. Letting out a strangled gasp of air, Ophelia made a panicked Aquila as quickly as she could muster with that book still under her shoulder, before kneeling and clasping both hands together.

“A-ah, honoured Sister! E-e-excuse me for n-not properly addressing your p-presence, My Lady!”

Sororitas were the will of the Emperor sent down to enact His Vision in holy fire – none were more pious or true. As a former Shrine Worlder (and Sororitas aspirant before that whole ‘being carted off on a Black Ship’ thing got in the way), Ophelia was duty-bound to honour her superior, both out of respect and out of obligation of being a mutant psyker in the presence of a Sister.
Ferrum honore veniat.
Personal blog
List of characters

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:27 pm

Gaskell pondered for a moment, getting involved with whatever this was, seemed like a tax on his energy, and the old captain had escaped to the chapel for some quiet reading practice.
But then he remembered Kibby's rather bewildering response to last year's Candlemass celebrations, and felt a little sympathetic towards the other. Plus, the confessor did seem rather in a flap, and if nothing else, Gaz did have a knack for weathering such situations and calming folk down.
In comparison, Mari's stare bounced off the Mordian like loose grit on tarmac, Gaz either too calm or too long in the tooth to be affected.

"Aye, I suppose if'n you're in that much of a palaver, I could see meself to lend a hand." Gaskell half stood, resting his book on the seat beside him. It had been a rather dry read, anyway.

Warsmith Wolf wrote:“F-Father Von Smit is preoccupied at this time. M-may I assist you in his place?”

[...]

“A-ah, honoured Sister! E-e-excuse me for n-not properly addressing your p-presence, My Lady!”
"...?" the captain shrugged and walked after Von Smit, fairly certain that the young psyker was no longer listening.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:16 pm

Hearing someone new enter, Mari stopped her glare to turn and see who it was. It was a small, pale woman clad in green robes that went with her rod of office that declared who she worked for: the Astra Telepathica. Not only that but likely an Astropath if her milky blind eyes were anything to go off of. She was mildly surprised to find one in the Chapel and not hovering around the leaders of this base. There seemed to be a nervousness about her as she stammered her words at the Captain, though perhaps it was another side effect from the soulbinding all Astropaths go through. The Astropath stopped, as if sensing something new, then turned to Mari as if noticing her for the first time. She suddenly gave the Aquila before dropping to the ground almost as if in prayer, saying:

Warsmith Wolf wrote:“A-ah, honoured Sister! E-e-excuse me for n-not properly addressing your p-presence, My Lady!”

Mari hasn’t experienced such reverence geared toward her in a while; few had time when their life hung by mere seconds if they weren’t unconscious. Mari would certainly look surprised to those around her. She then greeted the poor Astropath with a smile. It was true that Sororitas generally hated psykers and mutants, aberrations of man’s perfect form that indicated corruption. However, Astropaths were the rare exception. These wretched beings were blessed by the God-Emperor himself; being brought before His very presence and proving worthy enough by Him to become soulbound to Him. There were to be treated with respect at the very least.

“Understandable, given your blindness. Rise, you are forgiven. Carry on and do His work,” she said to her. As she walked to the door of the Sacristy a thought struck her. At the threshold, Mari would pause and call out, “Astropath! Come here! I am not sure what the Confessor needs but your…. particular talents might be of use.”

Though she stepped inside the Sacristy to see exactly was going on, Mari hovered by the open door to react to whatever response the Astropath might have.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:42 am

As the small gathering became acquainted with one another, the Confessor looked into the Sacristy at the chrono on the wall. 'They would be here now, best not keep them waiting.'.

"Right, if you would all come with me please." He politely, yet firmly said as he ushered everyone inside the small Sacristy. Once inside he shut the door and fix the group with what might be the most serious face anyone on base had ever seen. "Now I am going to lead you down to the crypt. with what I am about to show you, you must promise that it will not leave the Chapel. Can I trust in your secrecy? Yes? Good. I'll explain once we're down there."

With that the Confessor leads you all down the steps from the small Sanctity into an circular dome area which lead on into an elongated crypt. In the circular area stood two men. One wore a great coat, a beret, and has a decent amount of grey hair. The other is wearing plated armour of some kind that seems to shine in the low lighting. His bald head also seems to shine a little, this along with the red uniform underneath the armour make him stand out between the two. They both also have a cloth of some kind wrapped around their mouths and noses. But other than these details, you can't make out much more in the candle light of the crypt. At least not until you get closer.

"Ah, Confessor, we were worried you might have forgotten about us." The man in the armour called up, his voice between amusement and gentleness. "Are these our men and women of expertise?".

"I do not forget a sheep who comes to be found." Von Smit replied, his wide (and creepy) smile returning to his face. "Though I am sorry for any delay.".

"O not at all. We just hope that it isn't to much of a bother with us inhabiting your crypt for the moment being." The man in the coat spoke up in a garrulous manner.

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:41 am

LaxKnight wrote:Mari would certainly look surprised to those around her. She then greeted the poor Astropath with a smile.

“Understandable, given your blindness. Rise, you are forgiven. Carry on and do His work.”
Unable to see the Hospitaller as anything other than a vague blob of psychic aura, Ophelia couldn't see her smile. However, she felt the subtle wave of positive emotion radiate outwardly from the Sister. Going somewhat red - from equal parts embarrassment at not keeping her powers better in check and from being spoken to kindly by a Sister of all people - the telepath nodded hurriedly, clutched at her staff for support, and rose slowly to her feet, still posed in a somewhat submissive slouch leaning against her staff. Attempting to articulate a response and finding none forthcoming, the adepta simply nodded sheepishly once more.
LaxKnight wrote:“Astropath! Come here! I am not sure what the Confessor needs but your…. particular talents might be of use.”

Mari hovered by the open door to react to whatever response the Astropath might have.
That response was a quiet eeep (which linguistic experts believe translates into Gothic as "Of course, right away!"), Ophelia hurriedly shuffling over to the Sacristy (as flat out running in the Chapel would be somewhat rude). It wouldn't be right to say no to a Sororitas in need, especially one aiding her Confessor.
Hobbsy wrote:"Right, if you would all come with me please." He politely, yet firmly said as he ushered everyone inside the small Sacristy. Once inside he shut the door and fix the group with what might be the most serious face anyone on base had ever seen. "Now I am going to lead you down to the crypt. with what I am about to show you, you must promise that it will not leave the Chapel. Can I trust in your secrecy? Yes? Good. I'll explain once we're down there."
The astropath responded with more nervous nodding. She wasn't about to say no to the Confessor, but something about this affair seemed off. Nothing good ever came out of Von Smit putting on his serious face, particularly not the sense of unease she could feel radiating off the people around her, an unease she shared as she descended into the crypt. Ophelia knew what thing had dug this out - the skull with a number for a name - and the place still held echoes of its passing, dug by hand with a precision more unto a machine.

Silence, where no silence should be. The conscience screams and no sound comes to answer. Bitter fyceline, on the wind.

Holding back a shudder as her hands brushed against the walls, Ophelia turned the corner -
Hobbsy wrote:"Ah, Confessor, we were worried you might have forgotten about us. Are these our men and women of expertise?".

"I do not forget a sheep who comes to be found." Von Smit replied, his wide (and creepy) smile returning to his face. "Though I am sorry for any delay.".

"O not at all. We just hope that it isn't to much of a bother with us inhabiting your crypt for the moment being." The man in the coat spoke up in a garrulous manner.
- straight into two strangers, the psyker's senses brushing against theirs more out of surprise than intent.

Sunlight beaming down. An eager smile. The scent of horses and cooked confections.

Fine amasec under the stars. Melancholia, with a hint of aftershave.

IX, The Diviner. Paternova, of Excuteria. Those who mean well stand alone. Prudence in diplomacy.

Intending to ask exactly who was presumptuous enough to go sneaking around in a holy place's crypt like some kind of gutter-thief, Ophelia instead made a noise somewhere between a squeak and a dry cough, flailing their staff in front of them for safety in the vague direction of the two unknown blobs of psychic aura.
Ferrum honore veniat.
Personal blog
List of characters

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:20 am

Mari held the door open for the Astropath to get through before closing it behind them. Mari didn’t realize how grave the task before them was until the Confessor made them swear to secrecy.

Hobbsy wrote:“...Can I trust in your secrecy?...”

“Of course, Confessor,” Mari would reply. She could keep another secret. She already had to keep one of her greatest accomplishments a secret; one more wouldn’t matter much. However, it only worried her more on what it could be? Was it something tainted? When they were taken into the crypt to encounter two new strangers it only posed more questions. What were these men doing here?

Then the Astropath made a scared noise as she waved her staff defensively at the men. It didn’t take a genius to know that scared psykers weren’t a good thing. Mari stepped up to the Astropath, put a firm hand on the wrist holding her staff and a comforting hand on her shoulder. It was likely going to require more than that to calm her down. Perhaps something soothing to focus on might calm her down. She opened her mind a bit to show a memory. It was her, a girl newly accepted into the Order of the Argent Shroud. She stood before a Sister Superior, singing a newly learned hymn together as they tried to cement it into young Mari's mind. The Hospitaller couldn't help but smile at the thought. It was one she treasured. She looked into the Astropath's her dead eyes and said quietly, “It’s okay, I won't let them hurt you.”

While keeping her hands on the Astropath, the Sororitas then turned to the Von Smit. “Confessor, we swore your oath. Please, enlighten us on what’s going on. What are you asking us to do? What do you require from us?” she said.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:13 am

Gaskell pinched the bridge of his nose at the commotion from the psyker. He had varying patience, and the fussing young woman had thus far taxed a little too much of it, for all she brought to the situation.

"Aye, not one to blab meself, you're safe enough." he answered Kibby.
Watching the two newcomers with casual interest, Gaz pondered how they'd got in to begin with.

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:43 pm

Wilfred had just placed his candle along with the rest of them in the chapel. As the confessor asked everyone to join him as they went into the crypt and even seeing the captain that seemed to rub him the wrong way join him. He would pick up his helmet and hold it to his side encase he would need to put it on. Walking next to the group "Yes sir. I swear on the throne." finding himself in step next to the blinded woman. Taking a moment to look at the tunnels around him.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:37 am

LaxKnight wrote:“Confessor, we swore your oath. Please, enlighten us on what’s going on. What are you asking us to do? What do you require from us?”

"Yes, I'm sorry for keeping you in the dark. But I had to make sure only you hear what I tell you now." The Confessor replied, turning to face the group at the bottom of the stairway.

"These men are some of the last able body officers of the 1st Polskie Guard army. I don't expect any of you to have heard of them, for they have been kept a secret. They have been positioned off base due to their affliction.You see on their last deployment they suffered a most horrific attack of chemical weapons and warheads from renegade forces. Since then there regiment has been slowly dying. Yet although it was estimated that they would have died out completely a couple of mouths again, the men and women of this regiment still survive. The reason why they haven't be as yet treated is that the weapons used against them were of such a varying creation and lethality that it was deemed too dangerous to try to treat. The only reason they are not quarantined on a naval ship is the desperation of our situation here on Valmaria."

Von Smit turned to the two officers as he continued. A wide, if not cheeky, smile forming on his face. "But by the Emperor's grace, they have managed to find their way here into the crypt of our Chapel and have told me their plight. Considering the weapons used against them were from the ruinous powers, I have already tested them to see if their was any form of taint. Thankful I was not able to find any such stain upon them, hence I deemed it safe for them to be look at so to say."

"And that is why you are here sister and the rest of you are here to assist. To examine these men and the others here and try to work out if we can help them. Or at the very least, give them more time to which they can serve the Emperor."

In the silence that followed the Confessor's answer, the man in the coat stepped forward. "I think introductions are in order. Lieutenant Jakub Wilson, how do you do?" he announced as he gave a humble bow and the sign of the Aquila. The other officer in armour followed his companion's lead with his own bow and Aquila. "Lieutenant Pawel Orlik. Thank you for coming to help us.". To the observant eye, you would notice that they do the sign of the Aqulia with only the top two fingers of the hand to form each wing.

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:08 am

LaxKnight wrote:Mari stepped up to the Astropath, put a firm hand on the wrist holding her staff and a comforting hand on her shoulder. She opened her mind a bit to show a memory. It was her, a girl newly accepted into the Order of the Argent Shroud. She stood before a Sister Superior, singing a newly learned hymn together as they tried to cement it into young Mari's mind. The Hospitaller couldn't help but smile at the thought. It was one she treasured. She looked into the Astropath's her dead eyes and said quietly, “It’s okay, I won't let them hurt you.”

While keeping her hands on the Astropath, the Sororitas then turned to the Von Smit. “Confessor, we swore your oath. Please, enlighten us on what’s going on. What are you asking us to do? What do you require from us?” she said.
Off-white irises and grey pupils gazed blankly back, their ability to see long since lost. Ophelia couldn't see Mari's presence beyond an indistinct aura - but she could feel it, oh yes. Words rolled unbidden from her tongue, softly, like a gentle stream.

"And the LORD did smile, for all under His Gaze was good. And thus did our most Beneficent Emperor award the persistent and fortitudinous, for they are truly blessed in His Sight. And thus did He punish the wick'd and accurs'd with brimstone and fire, for His is both the Fury and the Glory, and long is their reach.

The astropath paused, then blinked reflexively. With a tentative slowness she lowered her staff, tucking it in close to her shoulder once more. No psyker who endured the Soul Binding ever emerged quite the same, and Ophelia's memories of home were strange and distant, as if they belonged to someone else who simply happened to be exactly like her in every way - but no devout daughter of the Emperor ever truly forgets His Verse.

"I-I think I remember that one. Exhortations of the Golden Lord, 4:27, Apocryphan Lectitio .M38 reprint. One of C-Cardinal Abasque's finest p-pieces..."

Her eagerness at reciting verse and knowledge of Tarrantio Abasque's (may he ever find joy in the Emperor's Light) seminal works of literature was rather quickly subsumed by embarrassment.
Commissar Cat wrote:Gaskell pinched the bridge of his nose at the commotion from the psyker. He had varying patience, and the fussing young woman had thus far taxed a little too much of it, for all she brought to the situation.
The vague sense of displeasure drifting in from Gaskell's direction did little to assuage this, and the astropath quietly drew her hood a little further over her head, as if to try and withdraw into her robes and be ignored.
Hobbsy wrote:"Yes, I'm sorry for keeping you in the dark. But I had to make sure only you hear what I tell you now. These men are some of the last able body officers of the 1st Polskie Guard army. I don't expect any of you to have heard of them, for they have been kept a secret. You see, on their last deployment they suffered a most horrific attack of chemical weapons and warheads from renegade forces. The reason why they haven't be as yet treated is that the weapons used against them were of such a varying creation and lethality that it was deemed too dangerous to try to treat. The only reason they are not quarantined on a naval ship is the desperation of our situation here on Valmaria."
Ophelia baulked at the mention of chemical weaponry, reminded all too clearly of the masked things that sometimes came here. Such weapons were the remit of those not truly human, and the fact that the enemy were willing to use such weapons themselves proved to the young psyker that the Tau's talk of peace and cooperation were bitter lies.
Hobbsy wrote:"But by the Emperor's grace, they have managed to find their way here into the crypt of our Chapel and have told me their plight. Considering the weapons used against them were from the ruinous powers, I have already tested them to see if their was any form of taint. Thankful I was not able to find any such stain upon them, hence I deemed it safe for them to be look at so to say. And that is why you are here sister and the rest of you are here to assist. To examine these men and the others here and try to work out if we can help them. Or at the very least, give them more time to which they can serve the Emperor."
Upon the mention of Ruinous Powers, the astropath reflexively flinched as if struck, all too aware of the danger such forces posed to a psyker like herself. The air around her staff crackled quietly and briefly as she made a conscious effort to keep her mind shielded, and Mari found that she had become ever so slightly cooler to the touch. Though Ophelia trusted Von Smit's word completely, her astropathic training had been very clear - no mention of Warp energies, no matter how minor, should be taken without due caution.
Hobbsy wrote:In the silence that followed the Confessor's answer, the man in the coat stepped forward. "I think introductions are in order. Lieutenant Jakub Wilson, how do you do?" he announced as he gave a humble bow and the sign of the Aquila. The other officer in armour followed his companion's lead with his own bow and Aquila. "Lieutenant Pawel Orlik. Thank you for coming to help us.". To the observant eye, you would notice that they do the sign of the Aqulia with only the top two fingers of the hand to form each wing.
Ophelia remained silent, not quite sure how to react. The subtleties of their salutes were, alas, lost on the blind telepath.
Ferrum honore veniat.
Personal blog
List of characters

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:11 am

When the Astropath began to quietly sing, Mari would turn to her to see what was going on. She quickly recognized verse and was initially surprised for but a second before began to say it with her in unison. When they finished and the Astropath seemed to calm down, Mari let go of her wrist. It made a lot more sense of why she was here. She was a devout follower of the faith. No wonder the God-Emperor found this disgusting psyker worthy of His blessing.

“It’s good to hear you have the faith,” she said with a pat on her shoulder, “Keep strong and vigilant, for Him.”

The Confessor explained what this was all about. The two men here were from a plague-ridden regiment infected from Chaos born chemical weapons, coming here to seek help. Even with the Confessor’s assurance that he tested them for Chaos taint, anger flashed in her eyes as her fists balled. When the men stepped forward and offered their names and an Aquila, Mari closed her eyes, clasped her hands in front of her, and let out a deep breath. We are the heart of the Sororitas, she reminded herself.

Mari opened her eyes again, looking calmer, but in her eyes it was clear that the fire hadn’t completely abated. She took a step forward. “I am Hospitaller Advance Marilyn Valentine, though you may simply address me as Mari or Hospitaller Valentine,” she returned the sign of the Aquila to them, “I apologized if we seem surprised. As you heard and likely guessed, we weren't too informed of what we were helping with. While I understand why the Confessor would keep this hushed, perhaps if we had a little more forewarning I and everyone else would be a bit more prepared to help.”

Her eyes narrowed on the Confessor before she added, “And we might prevent some unnecessary danger on ourselves from men who should be in quarantine.”

She took a moment to release a frustrated sigh before saying, “I can’t speak for everyone, but I will help you the best I can. However, I also ask everyone else to stay back for now until we know what we are dealing with.”

With that, Mari put on her respirator and opened her medical bag as she dug furiously for some tools. She wasn’t mad that the Confessor brought these sick men here nor mad that he kept this hidden. What angered her was that the Confessor was either too zealous or short-sighted, or perhaps simply didn’t care, to see the danger he put them all in for exposing them to a potentially contagious disease. If it was only her she would have simply accepted it. However, he put these good men in danger and she unknowingly exposed the Astropath, one of the most valuable assets on the planet, to this. Now there was the very real possibility that she was their only hope in making sure this crypt didn’t become theirs. Saint Jolene give her strength!

Mari had in her hands a few vials which she installed in her arm-mounted tools. “Now, what do we know about this sickness? Is it contagious? What are its transmission vectors? Symptoms?” she asked the two sick men and the Confessor.

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:17 am

As He walked behind the group he would be putting on his helm. locking it into place and giving a few brief puffs of air to clean out the filters a little. Taking note of the dust along the walls. This was not the dust of sweat sticking to the sides or the dust of ash settling down. The air was stagnant down here and the tunnels felt oddly cool but not from moving air. Taking a finger to the wall and rubbing the dust around he tried to figure out what type it was. He was close as he looked up to see the half decayed men in front of him. His choke was caught in his throat as he saw them. He felt thankful to the emperor for his helms mask.

Apon hearing the talk about chemical weapons he would mill them around his mind. It would make sense. They used them back home in the tunnels sometimes if a push was going to sour. But it was harder to filter out of the main air system and orks response with there own gas weapons where...crudely effective. to say the least. He would think for a moment on what the taus chemical weapons would be for a moment. Though at the mention of the powers was a strike of primal fear in him as he made the Aquila bending his thumbs as he muttered a prayer to the angle of flame and the golden throne.

Seeing the sister medicade going into action putting her own mask on he would lean to the blind pyker and carefully tap her shoulder as though he was touching a ticking bomb. Then would retract his hand quickly and unravel the scarf he kept around under his armor. Offering it to add just a little bit of protection to her. " Just in case its airborn ma'am" Unsure if he needed to help her or not.