[Open] Barber Shop

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:42 am

The Kriegerin found herself seated on the chair and spun around to face herself in the mirror.

She froze.

Mirrors provide a reflection to one's perception of the self. How can a being tought to abhor any notion of individuality look at itself? Time afforded to inspect physical features is allowed only for this action, not to think about them.
Erika is the unltimate hypocrite: Able to recite the tenants of the Cult of Sacrifice by heart she was acting in selifish behavioir at times even without registering her sins, 'styling' the hair (though already logically justified in the current circumstance), is one of them.

Kira's Question threw her off the stupor with an invulontaty twitch of the neck and eye. "Oh, Sorry" Erika even more unnerved than she was from the transgression said, her fingers digging into the arm rests "three andt a halff months" she finished.
Her eyes traveled to other places other than herself, maintaing conversation with Kira and looking at the new arrival diverted enough of her attention to remain focoused with brief glances at her hair to evaluate the progress and give instructions if need be.
Last edited by Johannes Wyss von Krieg on Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Peridot Onyx

Postby Peridot Onyx » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:47 am

Perron smiled with relief at the positive response. He was unsure whether Lourn was giving the ingrained reaction everyone had to being asked the same question, or if the cut was genuinely correct, but at least there had been no disagreement.
"Okay, so-"

The young man's attention was caught by Erika, and though he hadn't meant to listen in, he noticed her tense response, her unfamiliarity, and something a little off about the way she held herself together. Casting an eye to the hands gripping the arm rests with the grim determination of someone facing deployment, Perron lowered his tools for a moment.
"Excuse me a second." he requested with the same slightly concerned smile.

Stepping out of Lourn's view briefly, Onyx returned after a moment, but turned to speak with Kira and Erika. He held a small glass bottle, retrieved from his kit bag.

"When I've... Been a long time without a haircut..." Perron was notably watching Erika's fingers dig into the passing of the arm rest, but displaying tact in not openly describing the Krieger as stressed, "I do find washing my hair to be very beneficial, because I can use these." he held the bottle out to Kira, handing it over.
The label, though a little faded, and transparent in places where the contents had touched the paper, showed a long stalked, purple flower. The words translated in a handful of languages promised calming, contemplative qualities... Not that Onyx would be able to read them.

"It is very good for having a quiet think, and you can use it in the shower as well. Though a little goes a very long way." suddenly aware that he was still talking aloud, and becoming self conscious, Perron retreated back to his customer, a hint of a flustered edge starting in his expression.

"Sorry." he murmured to Lourn. It took a short moment for the trooper to step back into the mindset and resume assessing the other's hair.
Releasing it from the clips, Onyx covered Lourn's eyes with his fingers for a moment and sprayed the longer bangs with a little water, a slight hint of product in the air, and then combed it out, assessing the length.
Cut it too short, and it would spring up when dry. Too long, and Lourn would be back to trying to see out through his hair again in a couple of weeks.

Humming with the now familiar tone, Onyx made a decision and commited to it, cutting against his fingers, first one side then the other, little clumps of slightly damp hair sliding rapidly down Lourn's cover.
"Folk here are too busy to look after themselves, hm?" he mused softly, "I always see them coming in when it's reached the limit for them, never for a slight tidy up."

Realising what he'd said was potentially quite rude, the apprentice closed his mouth again.

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:10 pm

Hera is about to move from the chair, but when Kira moves onto another she decides it might be best to stay put. She sighs and relaxes down in the seat. While a nap did sound pleasing, she'd probably toss and turn too much, even in her seat.

Instead she turns to watch the others getting their hair cuts. For a brief moment, she feels a bit of embarrassment realizing all of them had watched her waiting for her own turn, but this goes away as they all seemed to have found their own distractions while waiting their turn.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:50 pm

Kira was about to snip some hair when Erika’s moved her head. Stopping, Kira leaned back and saw the worried looks and the fingers digging into the chair. She’s seen nervousness before but something on this level wasn’t very common. At that moment Perron chose to come up to them and give her a bottle of some special…. Shampoo? From how Perron was describing the stuff it seemed like it. It was hard to tell what exactly due to the faded print.

“Thanks. I was goin’ to wash her hair after anyway if that’s okay with ya,” she turned to Erika to say the last sentence. She put the bottle down and turned the chair a bit to look at the Krieger, thinking of how to calm her down. She raised a finger once an idea struck her then dug in her pocket.

“Ya know what will help ya? I got somethin' to take yar mind off things,” she then dug out something from her pocket with a triumphant smile, “This!”

It was a small candy of some kind in a clear wrapper. She handed it to Erika. “Give it a try, suga,” she said.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

LaxKnight's Character Hub
Order of the Shed Tear

NicklausOfKrieg

Postby NicklausOfKrieg » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:55 am

Johannes Wyss von Krieg wrote:
"Unfitted bioniks reduce kombat effectiveness, you needt a Teck Priest. Do you know ze direkzions?"
Yes tools break but there are repair stations.

"You don't need to be telling me that." She said softly, if her tone came off as dismissive it was entirely unintentional, In fact she tried to sound reassuring. If there was one thing she hated more than being bothered by her bionics, it was bothering others about her bionics. As for whether or not she knew the directions to where she can get her bionics refitted, she couldn't answer before the Kriegerin was called off the waiting seats by one of the barbers.
Riveris wrote:Wilfred looked at the door to the barber shop and felt his hair for a moment. It was starting to get long enough to where it was getting caught in his helm and pulling his hairs. It was time. With a puff of his Iho he would walk inside as his own survos in his leg wirred. as he climbed the steps. He would move to the waiting benches one down from a woman who seemed to have had better days.

Being the last person on the seats, she simply consigned herself to waiting in silence. Glancing at the books and magazines near the waiting area and Tapping her fingers rhythmically on her lap, making a metallic ticking noise as she did so; not so different from waiting in ambush for Ork convoys she mused to herself.
That was until another guardsman entered the tent, his right eye covered in bandages and his left hand was bionic, but she could also hear one of his legs whirring, so that was at least two bionics. She let out audible exhale as he sat down one seat away from her, giving him a sympathetic look before noticing the Kriegerin also sneaking glances at him. Maybe they knew each other she thought, before diverting her gaze back down at her feet, or anything else worth observation.
The sooner she gets the haircut over with, the sooner she could get her legs fixed up, or at least actually find out where she could see a techpriest about it.

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:56 pm

Wilfred pinched the Iho out of his mouth as he sat down and breathed out. He would look at the woman next to him and saw her augmatics. The look on her face confused him. "why is she looking at me like a sick dog?" he thought to himself. He would only give her a warm smile as he would offer her an Iho "whats with the look lass? " he said simply as he took note of her own augmatics for a moment then cocked his head at her a bit to the side.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:09 am

The apprentice presented a bottle of some kind, optional application? Kriegers don't need anything more than already neccesaary, she was about to protest but then was handed some sort of a wrapped oval object, some kind of pill? A sedative? Is the Ratling allowed to issue drugs? Despite herself, Erika gingerly reached out for the wrapper.

She looked at the pill attentively. Doesn't look like standard sedative, or any kind of drug (both legal and illegal) for that matter. It is most peculiar and needs to be studied, if it is a drug she needs to know what are the exact effects to describe in the report. Erika pushed it past her lips and would have brought up her flask to swallow it but then it hit her.

"By the Order of Senior Commissar Holt: Corporal Levi Slone of the 653rd Promethoran is to preparre specific rations designated 'Cupcake' to all 554th Krieg Death Korps Personnel. Death Korps Personnel are to consume 'Cupcake' Rations in their entirety bar paper serving apparatus which should be returned to central base logistical office for recycling. Does any unit possess difficulties to understand the order?" Only Silence answered the Hauptmann. "Proceed."
Unit #8-316 took a bite from the cupcake.

Pupils expanding, energy surging, mouth edges contorting, it couldn't be yet it is; no wait, a bit different but very similar.
For some short yet unmeasurable time Erika was sporting a blissful grin on her face, oblivious to the surroundings around her until it too was cut short by a laugh coming from her own mouth. A clear and joyous laugh, discharging the weight and tension from her shoulders if only for an hour. So caught up was Erika in the joy that she didn't notice the candy slipping out of her oral cavity until the very last second in which she caught it halfway with her teeth, mouth stil grinning, eyes half lidded.

"Yess, thank youuu."
The Kriegerin practically melted in her seat into a semi jelly like state, rigid just enough for Kira's Optimal ease of work but otherwise very relaxed.
Last edited by Johannes Wyss von Krieg on Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:31 am

Lourn chuckled. "No, I've been... I haven't been able to do it myself for a while. My personal kit died out, and I don't see myself getting a new one any time soon, so I'll probably come here more often than not."

When Erika laughed, he tensed up ever so slightly; not out of fear, but more out of confusion. Turning to his barber, he asked, "Do- Are all Kriegers like this?"

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:14 pm

This…. wasn’t quite the reaction Kira was expecting. Then again, she wasn’t quite sure what a Krieger would do when exposed to sugar. Maybe an explosion or something? However, Erika seemed to relax as she expressed her thanks.

“Glad ya like the mint, suga,” she said, “Just relax. We gonna get ya trimmed and cleaned in no time.”

Kira made the executive decision to wash her hair before cutting. She put a warm cloth at the lip of the bowl where her neck would touch then, after kicking a button, she slowly started to lean her patron back into it. As she started the water she asked, “So how ya been?”

She then started cleaning her hair with the shampoo Perron gave her.

Order of the Shed Tear

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:14 pm

"Gah!"

Hera snaps awake, barely aware she had dozed of in the first place. It takes her a moment to recall where she is and what she's doing.

And where that laughter is coming from?

That's when she notices Erika laughing and catching the candy in her teeth. WHAT?

"Wait...what just happened? What did I miss?"

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:56 pm

The Delirium in which Erika found herself in from both the candy and that hair soap was both energising and soothing in ways she could not conceive were even possible. Out of the clouds came a voice, regal and magnificent
LaxKnight wrote:“So how ya been?”

"Vas on Lengthy Deploymentd, hair unfit for shtandards, Rememberedt Offer." She lazily said to kira with a weak smile and closed eyes, temporarily detached from its own shackles "I haffe discoveredt ein groupp mentall exercise kalled 'Tabeltop', maybe vill join ze next session"

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Erika’s laugh seemed to have disturbed Kira’s other customer.

“Nuthin much, suga. Just Erika enjoying a mint,” the Ratling said before returning her attention to her current client. Her hands seemed to gently massage her scalp to get it nice and clean. Erika answered and Kira replied, “Tabletop? You mean like a card game?”

Order of the Shed Tear

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:58 am

Hera blushes, realizing she was probably making just as much of a scene now herself, "Oh, uh...'scuse me."

She takes a deep breath and tries to relax again. Jeez! I'm getting jumpier and jumpier all the time.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:08 am

It is becoming hard to think. Only once was the kriegerin's scalp massaged so thuroughly and that was back when...

Erika's eyes snapped open then clenched closed, hands once again tightly gripping the armrests in anticipation for the Intense Pain which comes shortly after the Psyker made a solid grasp and started the session in earnest.

But it did not come. One eye opened and circled the room in an attempt to see if the shadowy sillhouettes are even here. They are not.
She was far too jumpy for one simple haircut, unfit for Krieg Behaviour.
"Uh.. Sorry." The woman meekly remarked before relaxing again.

"I remember seeing Officers train vith thoze miniaturised models andt given hypothetikal challenges vich zey vere rekvired to solve. Also something vith imaginazion."

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:40 pm

Kira was just about to take her hands away to get a towel to dry when they were hastened by Erika’s minor episode. The Ratling watched for a moment to see if she had to take any sort of action until Erika relaxed, in which Kira relaxed too.

“It’s alright, suga,” she said as she grabbed a towel. As the Krieg explained what tabletop gaming was, which didn’t sound like card games, Kira righted the chair back up and began getting excess water off with the towel.

“Ah, so it’s toy soldiers?” she remarked, “My third brother used to play with these tiny green Guardsmen way back when. Have them fight little wars. He’s probably outgrown them by now.”

Home. It seemed like a lifetime ago when she was scampering around in her Dad’s shop trying to do her siblings’ hair or draw some customers. She came to terms that she will probably never go back there again but the memories still stung.

Kira finished with the towel and began snipping with scissors, starting with the left side.

“So ya sayin' ya wanna get some then?” she asked Erika.

Order of the Shed Tear

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:41 am

The Kriegerin narrowed her eyes in an expression conveying lack of understanding, as if the sentance's logical string was interrupted midway.

"Vat is being akvired?" She asked

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:42 am

"Some toy soldiers," Kira seemed to miss the confusion for she was focused on Erika's hair, cutting around the back to Erika's right side.

Order of the Shed Tear

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:29 pm

"Ah, there iz no needt yet. I haffe no idea vat vouldt be expekted in ze meeting" Erika diffused, now understanding what Kira meant.
"Kommandt's needs haffe higher Supply priority"

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:55 am

"Ah. So this is an officer group? Sounds fancy. Ya get invited to it?" Kira then began trimming Erika's bangs.

Order of the Shed Tear

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:11 am

Tiny Snips of razor sharp scissors that close to tje head did not seem to trouble Erika, who appeared to trust of Kira being an expert in that field as much as she herself was trusted to perform on a field of another type.

"No no" the kriegerin slowly responded "Ze Aktivity resembles vat I understand officers do but to my knowladge it iz not an evendt organized by kommandt. I learnedt ofv it in ze news boardt."