[OPEN] base rough rider paddock "The Zoo"

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Riveris

Postby Riveris » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:05 pm

Wilfred was still rather surprised at the size of the group that was out for the treasure. The krieger in particular was the most interesting though he wondered what she was wanting in this. He had hopes for he best but still had a few paranoid thoughts about the group and his continued (relatively) intact life. But nothing was going to wrong so far. At least he got a stub pistol out of this so far or at least until the arbites ask for it.

Wilfred would look at the ogryn and cock his head for a moment. Recognizing the uniform he took a few steps ahead as he took the initiative "Trooper?" he stated calmly "what's the issue big guy?" He kept himself relaxed as he looked up into the abhumans eyes.

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:11 am

maridas rebuke instantly died in her mouth the second she realised who the figure near the pony was, her expression softened as she walked up to him "oh, sorry, i...didn't know they hadn't taught you" the sargeant replied feeling some empathy to both perron and to the pony, especially being able to relate to not seeing well in bright light.

"pit pony you say? interesting.....if we could free up some room underneath the skyshield pad it might be possible to relocate it some place shadier, only issue is those containers aren't exactly light and i imagine not everyone will be happy about losing 'their spot', but if it will calm it down some it'l be worth any flak i'll take" the sargeant tapped her finger against her chin "or alternatively if we got some big enough tarps we could make a lean to." marida would've continued on her thought pattern but some distance off she saw a group of 4 or 5 approaching.

today is just not my day.

--

"oh..ok." the corproal replied his confusion giving way to concentration as he did his own math while putting his laspistol back together "yeah, 35 is easy enough supplies wise, as for payment.."he looked back for a second to grab his plasma gun and slide it into his lap "the magnetic induction coil on this is a tad worse for wear, if you happen to have a spare one lying around or know where i could find parts of one that i can recondition that'd make us even"

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:58 pm

Hat, not really following much of what was going on, was surprised when they up and left the saloon to pursue their next target. The Chem Dog of course took her bottle of booze before departing the premise. The walk helped sober her up a bit but she felt more nervous than anything. She didn’t talk to Erika the whole time. She was one of her best friends but she couldn’t shake this nagging feeling of betrayal in the back of her mind. She just seemed too stiff for this kind of thing and thoughts of her either taking all the loot, having them arrested/executed, or worse kept tickling her fears.

That all quickly evaporated when they came across a rather bored looking Ogryn. It took a moment to realize that the Sergeant they picked up and the Ogryn bore similar insignias, telling they were probably from the same regiment. Figuring it was probably best to let them deal with this, Hat lit another lho stick in a ritualistic way before taking in a deep drag. After doing this she noticed that Joseph seemed a little more ansy than normal.

"What's up?" she asked him quietly.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

LaxKnight's Character Hub
Order of the Shed Tear

Peridot Onyx

Postby Peridot Onyx » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:57 pm

Perron nodded, "I get by. Plus I can count, so that's pretty universal."
He listened to the suggestions, "People wouldn't like me taking a tarp, but they may not argue with a sergeant." he chuckled softly, "Especially a sergeant with a mount like yours."
He hummed, "I did wonder if maybe some of the big Munitorum shipping containers could be used over here. They're just sitting around behind the office pre-fabs, gathering water and rust. They'd be good for keeping feed safe, too."

His eyes drifted to the approaching group.
"I'll uh, leave you to it, ma'am. Looks like you have your hands full shortly."
Wordlessly, the trooper wandered away, before he could be really noticed by the search party. He really didn't want to appear to have tipped off Beckett to their activity.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:53 am

The trek's entirety could be summerised in the words such as 'Akward' and 'Stiff'. Not a word beyond Josepth' angry mutterings was made and the mutual feeling of Paranoia did not help those things either so the Kriegerin resulted to tailing the group in some attempt to remove the fear, which did not help at all.

The Paddock. It is not often this Kriegerin visits here, more common would be to see one of the Death Riders not an Infantry Scout. Nevertheless it is neccessary at times such as this one.
The Unit's scanning stopped upon Marida and, as if a guided hunter killer missile that got a lock on target, went straight ahead to the sergeant.

"Salutations ma'am."
The tall creature called in a conversational loudness, sparing a quick glance at the backing away man, "We are searching for a mount type 'Pony' with insufficient obedience"

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:13 pm

As the group drew up on the Ogryn split up immediately (as any good gang would), Joseph paused to make the most of the chance he had to think of how he was going to get the treasure without losing anyone. But there wasn't really many options open to them.
LaxKnight wrote:"What's up?" she asked him quietly.

Look down to his friend, the Bacaran noticed that he wasn't the only nervous one. Though not wanting to make things worse for her, he smiled gently to ease hopefully both their nerves. "Sorry Hat, it's just where the map says the treasure should be. Have you heard of the fowl pony in the paddock? Took a man's hand once. I know how aggressive it can be from first-hand experience.". Joseph sighed, his next words spoken through exasperation. "And if I'm not mistaken,the treasure is right in the middle of its' fenced off area. But don't worry Sister, will work something out.". Joseph look back to the paddock, a smile and even a glint of confidence returning.
Johannes Wyss von Krieg wrote:The Unit's scanning stopped upon Marida and, as if a guided hunter killer missile that got a lock on target, went straight ahead to the sergeant.

"Salutations ma'am."
The tall creature called in a conversational loudness, sparing a quick glance at the backing away man, "We are searching for a mount type 'Pony' with insufficient obedience"

And now the smile was gone.

Erika, who had been following like an iceberg casing a ship, had now approached a figure of rank and blurted out their intention to approach the pony. Emperor's gilded wheelchair, does she not know how to be discreet?! She's a scout for crying out loud! This was supposed to be done with minimal attention. They'll most likely turn us away now. Joseph mind went into overdrive, they needed a plan and fast..
Riveris wrote:Recognizing the uniform he took a few steps ahead as he took the initiative "Trooper?" he stated calmly "what's the issue big guy?" He kept himself relaxed as he looked up into the abhumans eyes.

Keith looked down to Wilfred and noticing that he was similar to himself in clothing, gave a salute before he moved back to scratching his head. "I.. um, I wants to go to the padduck. I saw some of thos guys on... orses? The orses look pretty and I wana be on one too. B..but the padduck is scary...". The ogryn looked up at the wide expanse of the area before him, before looking back to Wilfred again, a frightened look in his eyes.

Overhearing Kieth's mumbling, Joseph final got an idea. A terrible idea, and yet a good idea. A terribly, good idea.

"Come on Hat, I've got an idea." Joseph smiled to his friend, giving a wink to her. Moving up on the other side of Keith, the Bacaran jump right into the conversation. "Don't you fret about that buddy! I'll tell you what, will go in with you and help you get a ourse. And if you are gentle, will even hold your hands. Right Wilfred?". A spark of hope lit up in the abhumans eyes at Joseph's gentle words. He turns to Wilfred with a look many would struggle to say no to. "You will?". He asks like a hopeful child.

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:11 pm

Wilfred would warmly smile at the ogyrn patting his arm"I cant say that you can ride the horses mate. But we can work on petting them. just remember there not like the armquis back home." he looked back at the group he was travling with shooting joseph a glare to melt steel with from his good eye. IF they planed to ditch him with the ogyrn or cause trouble there will be words. He turned around and looked back up at the ogyrn warmly " We will mate. We all will. whats your name mate? first and last if ya got one."

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:09 am

The Grenadier gave this some thought, studying the Plasma gun in Levi's lap before slowly nodding, the gears of his mind almost visible as he contemplated how best to fix the issue. "I can procure such an item for you. If I have it for you in two days, how long for you to make the cupcakes?"
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild. Character List of Doom

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:28 pm

Hat listened to Joseph’s worries. A mean pony? Took a man’s hand? That’s horrible! And that’s where the treasure was? Well, that kind of makes sense. Maybe it’s so mean because it is guarding the treasure? She returned his reassuring smile but when his sank she turned to see what caused it. There was Erika talking to some Prometheron, a sergeant from the looks of it. What the hell was she doing?! Wasn’t she supposed to be stealthy and sneaky? She knew her coming was a bad idea.

Joseph got her attention again, this time saying he had an idea. Hat acknowledge with a nod before following behind him. She kept out of the conversation between him and the Sergeant, smoking her lho stick, only paying mild attention.

Order of the Shed Tear

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:48 pm

"actually making an baking them will only take a few fours, its chasing up ingredients that's the hard bit, fortunately i already have a time-off permit slip for heading into the refugee camp markets tomorrow, so i can have them all ready to go and delivered in a couple of days" levi replied with a nod.

--

silence

for minutes nothing happened as marida just stared at erika, occasionally her eye would glance over to the rest of the group before coming back to the death korps scout, even some of the animals - who normally show curious interest in new arrivals - were keeping their distance, this process repeated a good five or six times before the Sargeant gave a sharp whistle to get the groups attention before clicking her fingers and gesturing to the ground in front of her as if to say 'you lot. here. now. explain.' only without using any actual words, the look in her eye given the impression that running would not be wise

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:04 am

Riveris wrote:Wilfred would warmly smile at the ogyrn patting his arm"I cant say that you can ride the horses mate. But we can work on petting them. just remember there not like the armquis back home." he looked back at the group he was travling with shooting joseph a glare to melt steel with from his good eye. IF they planed to ditch him with the ogyrn or cause trouble there will be words. He turned around and looked back up at the ogyrn warmly " We will mate. We all will. whats your name mate? first and last if ya got one."

At the glare, Joseph simply shrugged with a awkward smile. The gold throne if he knew what the sergeant was thinking. "Privot Keith Manner sarrg." The ogyrn replied, even give what can be considered a well preformed salute for r his kin. "Kieth. Nice name Keith." Joseph piped up. "I knew a Keith once, he was a nice guy too. But I won't keep you waiting to see the ourses. Come on brother, let's go find one aye?". Joseph gently put his hand in the massive grasp of Keith, happy to see the larger figure knew how to be gentle. Keith would also reach for Wilfred's hand as Joseph began to lead.
blinddeadmcjones wrote:..this process repeated a good five or six times before the Sargeant gave a sharp whistle to get the groups attention before clicking her fingers and gesturing to the ground in front of her as if to say 'you lot. here. now. explain.' only without using any actual words, the look in her eye given the impression that running would not be wise

Frak..

The jig was now and true up and they were most definitely frakked. That traitor of a skull face had sold them out and looking at that sergeant, she bites heads off for breakfast. Then the Bacaran realized, Hat was still behind the ogyrn! The perfect unintentional cover! Had she seen hate? Could she get away?

Not looking back, Joseph whispered to his friend. "Hat, we might be done for. But if you can, say hidden and get out of sight if you can.". With the message passed on, Joseph lead the abhuman towards the lady with the fake eye. The thought that she may have eat the missing appendage at some point strangely enough crossed his mind as they drew near. "How may I help you sergeant?" Joseph inquired in the politest voice possible.

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:02 am

Grenadier 9987-A gave Levi a searching stare before nodding with finality. "I'll procure the piece of equipment for you. We'd appreciate swift delivery of the cupcakes after you get it. You'll see me in two days."

And with that the Grenadier spun and stalked off, paying little heed to the others in the Paddock. One part of his plan was falling into place, now he just had to go loot a body and then get the cupcakes.
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild. Character List of Doom

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:36 am

"A manner huu? " he said looking up at the ogyrn. "pleasure to meet you cousin." he said with a chuckle and wide smile before placing his palm on himself "Wilfred Manner." He seemed quite pleased. Another piece of home away from home. noticing his gentleness "seems the lady commissa-" he was cut off by a whistle. His own rank stripes on his carapace flashed as he turned around to face her. He did not move to her though as he shot a look at her as his own eye looked her up and down. Though at the snap his eye did twitch. "Yes Miss?" he asked placing his hands behind his back. "is there an issue?" Keeping his own voice level as he called out.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:20 am

Hat looked around for the source of the whistle but then Joseph got her attention. Apparently they were made! However, it seemed she was still hidden since she wasn’t that big and was behind the Ogryn. She was to keep hidden so that they might still have a chance to get the treasure. Swearing a silent vow that if she were on her own she would at least split the treasure with Joseph, she kept hidden behind the Ogryn until they stopped then slipped into a nearby stall when it seemed the authority figure had their attention focused elsewhere. She looked to see who she was sharing a stall with, if there was anything in it.

Order of the Shed Tear

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:00 am

if Hat was hoping that she went unnoticed then she would be rather disappointed, while Beckett did not see her specifically the Sargeant did catch movement from behind the orgyn, but fortunately for the convict the stall they had dived into was only occupied by a sleeping Mukaali.

"So." marida began once she had everyone's attention, keeping her voice firm yet respectful mentally noting the Rank stripe markings on Wilfreds armour "you all want check out the pony huh?" her firm look change to a rather relaxed and amicable smile
"well what a coincidence i was just about to look for some people to help with it, see it has recently come to my attention that it doesn't like being out in the sun and bright spaces, with that in mind i feel its best if we did some rearranging around here to give it a quality of life improvement that might help its temperament some. all that's required is a couple of containers are shifted to make some more room underneath the skyshield pad and a tarp spread out as a lean to in order to give the pony some much needed shade" she stopped to look at wilfred specifically "i trust sargeant that you'll be able to supervise these volunteers with that task while i set about wrangling the pony personally" she then leaned to one side, namely towards the stall inhabited by hat and the Mukaali "and this reorganising task will include you, whoever is hiding in that stall."

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:14 pm

'Throne above, she's noticed Hat!'.

Joseph had listened careful as a good guardsmen would, simply relieved that they weren't in any real trouble. He was more that glad to help make conditions better for the pony, being one who liked animals and grew up around horses himself. But Hat was the ace up their sleeve. If everyone went off to deal with the pony work, that would leave her with the perfect opportunity to search for the treasure. Joseph thought as quickly as he could to think of a good distraction.

"Pardon me sarge, but why not let Keith here deal with the pony instead of you?" The Bacaran quickly started, gesturing to the ogryn. "You see, the main reason he came here was to pat the animals. Now sure you know as well as I know how fowl tempered and even straight up dangerous that pony can be. But for Keith here it should be easy as with his size and then he can also pat it. It's a win win situation sarge.". With his cards played, Joseph waited to see the results. Even if she didn't agree to his idea, hopefully he could at least distract her from Hat. Hopefully her sergeant senses wouldn't pick up on this, Emperor bless his words and dull her attention!

[[Rolled to try to distract Marida from Hat and persuade her to let Keith get the pony.
Roll=0+2 sneaky= 2 total.]]

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:58 am

The scout recieved its orders "Affirmative. Vacating and Cleansing appropriate Quarters"

The Kriegerin then walked straight into the shaded structure, once inside she removed her respirator mask. Yes, the integrated systems can not only filter the smell but also see in the dark quite clearly, the latter reason is exactly why it is not neccessary to the task.

Erika blinked as her eyes adjusted to the low light, the instinctual ability to find the most remote and dark place, back when the light was still painful and burning should help in the current situation.

Erika walked between the stalls, peering and sometimes entering some to have a better 'feel' to them until she found the sweet spot, occupied by a massive 4 legged lizard like beast whose maw was easily spotted, even in this darkness... the scout turned around to find a more plausible option.

The 2nd darkest place was held by another huge 4 legged beast, one type of the scout is much more familiar with: No other animal can tolerate -or be so apathetic to the usually unnerving darkness than the trusty Krieg Steed.
Erika reattached her respirator and traced her hand over the cords and wires extending from the respirator, embedding into its side which, save for a few involuntary twitches, the steed ignored barely registering the Scout's presence save for aknowledging it is here.
Erika eyed the plate depicting the steed's number and made a note to update it's handler on the move. She took hold of the reigns and pulled the docile creature out from its pen and led it outside.

"14th Row, 4th place, Right Pen Vacant." The kriegerin announced to the rest of the present as she tied down the reigns to a nearby pole, holding the steed in its place until the pony's pen is to be vacated as well.

The Kriegerin re entered the main structure again, now with a bucket and mop in hand to Purge the Unclean.

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:25 am

"That is a fair deal. If there has ever been one" He said nodding a bit his own tone and posture relaxing a bit. This was her turf so best be respectful. Turning to keith he spoke calmly"come on big guy. gotta put some work in before you can pet it. Gotta mind your manners and such." patting his shoulder well...elbow really as he looked at the other troopers. He felt the instincts all noncoms are born with as he looked at the other troops feeling the deep sinking feeling of inanimate doom and or paperwork. "Trooper Hat, Trooper Joseph. Come on. Quicker its done quicker we get our Reward. Your both going up top to move the tarp and get it in place." He said as he looked outward towards the pin "should have a nice view anyway. Maybe you'll see something you like." he said with a shrug as he took a moment to look around "Where in the forges flame is the kreiger?" and the feeling returned once more.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:58 pm

Hat didn’t look up when she heard the hard voice of the Prometheron over her nor did she move. If she couldn’t see her, she can’t acknowledge her fear or her potential demise. She didn’t even breath. She heard Joseph speak and that one eyed Sergeant too, something about moving stuff around. She slowly let out her breath but otherwise remained still. Hopefully, if she remained unassuming they might think she was out doing whatever they were supposed to do or perhaps even forgotten about. She waited for some silence or something as an all clear to try and look for the treasure.

[Rolling Sneaky 1 to sneak]
Alric5772:4U1+1 → 2( (1 +0 +-1 +1)+ 1)
[Total: 2]

Order of the Shed Tear

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:13 am

[[Alric7353: marida, rolling to see through joesphs and hats attempt at sneakyness
Alric7353 rolls 4u1 = 1 +2 clever =3]]

marida's organic eye narrowed as she focused on Joseph, raising an eyebrow as she considered his suggestion - along with what he was attempting to distract her from. "interesting proposal" she eventually began, walked over to the pen that Hat was hiding in and looking down at the convict, pausing only to clear her throat to make it clear that yes hat had been spotted and would not be getting out of helping
"while it does have merit, Keith's talents would be better suited towards moving the shipping containers, that is unless one of you knows how to operate that land crawler over there." the Sargeant gestured with her thumb to a tracked tractor that had quite frankly had seen better days, letting the question hang in the air she walked towards the pony collecting Urz along the way.

from there the duo began their process of corralling the small steed, carefully circling around the creature and goading it to move in the direction they wanted while keeping at arms length to avoid any bites or kicks.