[OPEN] South Barracks (The Land Of Delinquency and Rack Time)

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Riveris

Postby Riveris » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:50 am

Wilfred was a woken by clunking of metal on wood. And a few words. as the dust between the wooden planks fell onto his sleeping face. making him cough in his little dug out. Its not that he couldent sleep in a bed above ground. Its just he didnt feel safe with out a few feet of earth and a layer off duck wood around him sometimes. Thus it lead him to do some...."unauthorized foxhole digging encase of emergency bombardment".....under the bed he clambered himself up to his feet as he moved the wooden plank door he had to his little privet dirt bunker or his "mite hole" as he called it. his grey uniform with out his heavy armor on giving him a little bit more maneuverability than normal as he pulled himself away from the hole as he planted his cap on and his goggles jiggling lightly as they hang loosely on his head and neck. an unlit Iho in his bandaged overh is eye. "wots the rukus out here now....." he sergeant said popping his neck. and looking at the group his eye half open and still dusted.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:35 am

At the soft voice Joseph turned to see the blonde fella on a nearby bed. He gave some helpful info on the Commissars, almost to the point of being suspicious. Or maybe he was just observant, he seem more the 'notice everything' sorts. As he shied away, Joseph quickly recognized him. "O, I remember you. Your the one that bolted from that inspection. Well if your keen for a little treasure hunt your more than welcome to join." Joseph whispered with a friendly smile, no wishing for everyone in the barracks wanting a share in the cache.

The Bacaran's he spun round to a new voice from an unexpected direction, quickly noticing the figure crawling out from beneath another bed. Although coming out from underneath a bed wasn't unusual to Joseph (he had just done the same himself), the bandaged eye and dirt did give an strange appearance to him. "Fight the Tau under the bed are we?" Joseph quietly joked to the tired looking man.
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:18 am

Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:29 am

The NCO eyes where still some what shut and his rubbing only took the dust off of his eye lids. "aye. Getting a nice little bunker incase of there artillery. Might even make a few mite holes" he said with a light smirk. Turning to the female. His gaze softer and his eyes opening but closing as he was still re adjusting to the light. "Ya aint in trouble yet lass. Just wanna know what all the ruckuss is." there was a time for roughness and a time for a a bit of softness when it came to his rank. Right now it was time for the latter. Knowing troopers the way he did as did the way All Noncoms have learned sense the time the first army walked across terra and had a moment to stop. A bored trooper is the most likely kind to give you more work and drag you into trouble some how. his stance was relaxed if a bit slouched to try and ease the tenson in the air.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:29 am

As soon as he realized that the man from under the bed was a sergeant, Joseph's whole demeanor changed. He silently observed the NCO with an intensity that was unusual of the Bacarans. In Joseph's books sergeants were bipolar by nature, they were ether a blessing of the Emperor himself who's for the brothers and will put an officer in his place when they start having stupid ideas or they were idiots with inferiority complexes and their head so deeply buried in the rules and regulation that they lack the oxygen to think straight.

When he said 'Ya aint in trouble yet lass.', Joseph started to get a bad feeling about this one, not to mention Hat didn't seem too please to be near him ether. Stepping in to help his friend, he made himself a barrier between the two and began to work out this predicament. "Sorry Sarg. Didn't mean to make too much noise. Will be out of here so everyone can sleep." the Bacaran smiled as he guided Hat away from the NCO and closer to the quiet fellow. "Right,.." he whispered "We should get a move on before this guy gets an idea of what we're up to. We don't want him to use rank to take it all for himself. Or even worse, hand it in to the 'proper authority'.".

He then looks over to the other guardsmen on his bed. "This guy knows stuff about the Commissar offices, he might be able to help us avoid the old bullet. They do say three heads are better than one, what do you think?"

[[Roll 0+2 sneaky for a total of 2 to avoid giving away our plan to Wilfred.]]
//

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:19 pm

Wilfred eye opens up. Squinting slightly at the two. He was no fool. Pulling himself compleatly out from under the bed. Fully awake now. His smile warm "Ya kidden me? These are guardsmen. They can sleep threw just about anything." He said with a warm chuckle as he lit his Iho and dug around for his pack. Offering two sticks. one for the both of them. "you still didnt answer my question." he said looking straight at him. His warm smile flickered for a moment. "Just tell me whats going on and I can try and help out." he said with a small puff of smoke

[Rolled a clever 1+2 got a total of 3. To see that he avoided the question.]

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:58 am

Hat was forced to acknowledge the Sergeant who was talking to them when he mentioned 'lass' and she was the only girl here. She looked up at him with hazel Chogori eyes but before she could speak her best friend Joseph stepped in between them. After saying something he guided them over to another rack that someone was sleeping in. He talked quietly about moving on before this Sergeant decided to abuse his position and she gave a small nod of agreement. He then mentioned that the guy on the bed and wanted her opinion on joining. She wasn't sure what to think of him, he didn't seem like the kind of person who would do this kind of thing, or keep quiet if they got caught. However, she was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. "Sure, if he wants to," she said quietly.

Then they heard the voice of the Sergeant speak more behind them, forcing the Chem Dog to unwillingly face him. He lit up a lho stick then offered the two of them one. Her eyes instantly lit up with surprise. She looked between him and the stick a few times, debating on how genuine the offer was and the consequences, before finally accepting it. She quickly took out an old lighter, flipped it in her hands a few times as she put the stick in her mouth, then stopped so suddenly the cap flipped off. She sparked the flame and lit her stick, taking in a deep drag along with silently praising the Flame Lord in her mind. She closed the cap with a click and slowly blew her smoke downward.

The Sergeant asked what was going on. He didn't seem to have any malicious intentions and even offered them smokes. Plus, a Sergeant could make things a bit easier to maneuver out of sticky situations or get to places a few Penal Legion Privates can't get to. Maybe he was alright, but right now he was talking to Joseph and Hat didn't want to mess something potentially delicate with her own words so she decided to keep smoking, keeping to herself.
Last edited by LaxKnight on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peridot Onyx

Postby Peridot Onyx » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:23 am

Perron was about to reply to Joseph, when he noticed the change of atmosphere in the room. He tucked his feet back onto the bed and nodded to Joseph without speaking.
Wishing to go unnoticed, he returned to sorting the beads on his bed, and trying back his hair silently. If nothing else, the miner had a talent for fading into the background.
&

QuothTheRaven

Postby QuothTheRaven » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:54 am

Savin comes out of a backroom door that usually houses the broom cupboard. None of you remember seeing her enter, so she must have been in there the whole time. She's carrying a huge glass jug full of a slightly cloudy liquid stoppered with a cork. She stops when she sees how many people are awake at this hour and visibly considers backpedalling.
She spots Wilfred and recognizes him. "Oh hey, there y'are." She walks over to her bunk, waving for him to follow her. "I got you those t-fishes you axed for." She flips open her trunk and stashes the jug, then pulls out a bundle of tins. "Couldn't find yer bunk, though, cher, so I hung onto em."
The ratling turns and presents Wilfred with the tins. "Mais, there y'go! Four tins a tinfishes. Ha!"

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:02 am

As the rattling called him over as he walked towards her. He made sure to keep the two possible trouble makers in his peripheral vision on his good eye. "Your a saint lass. A living breathing saint. I could kiss you" he said as he took the tins with a giant smile. Tucking them into his pockets. His mouth watering a little bit as he tasted the small bits of meat inside mentally. "And as promised. If you need anything. I will try my best to help you." he said with a slight bow a hand over his heart eyeing the two afterwords to make sure they didnt run on him.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Tue May 01, 2018 6:41 am

Joseph pivoted back towards the NCO once more as he approached the two of them. He then.. offered lhos? Okay, that's a new one for a sergeant. Wait a minute, it must be a trap! We better not.. annnd Hat just took one...

For a moment Joseph watch to see if the Sergeant laid into Hat for smoke or something. Though nothing happened. Sensing that there wasn't actually any trap and that the offer was sincere, the Bacaran took the offered who as he listened to the Sergeant. Before he could even reply, Savin materialized from the cupboard. This was truly turning out to be one of those kind of days. He would have greeted her if he wasn't so surprised at her suddenly appearance and if she wasn't so busy with her own dealings with the nco.

For a moment he considered grabbing Hat and trying to exit by the widow again, but in the end he knew it wouldn't work. He wasn't letting them out of his sight and Hat probably would be too keen on being manhandled out the window. That being the case, maybe he could join them. A Sergeant could help after all. As Joseph pondered and waited for the Sergeant to finish his business, he handed his lho stick to Hat. He only smoked in certain situations and he knew she would enjoy it more than he would. The Bacaran decided honest was the best policy. "Sarg." He suddenly ask, "I need you to answer this question honest, for a soldiers trust in those around him is vitally important. Are your for us, the hierarchy or yourself?".

Joseph probably could have worded his question better, but hopefully it would get his point across.
//

QuothTheRaven

Postby QuothTheRaven » Tue May 01, 2018 9:55 am

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Tue May 01, 2018 5:45 pm

"I might just do that...." he said to the ratling letting out a gentel chuckle. Hearing the guardsmen's question he stood for a moment and thought long and hard about it. "...a little of all three in all honesty....I want to live just as much as you or anyone ells dose. But not going to use anyone as a shield.....I understand where the chain of comand falls but Im not going in as blind as a kreiger if the plan is fraking stupid.....I dont particularly care if I go farther up the chain of command....but I mostly try to protect the people that I will fight with...so in all honesty...a bit of all three but mostly for all of ya. Dose that make sense?" he asked calmly as he put his hands on his back popping it.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Fri May 04, 2018 7:31 pm

For a moment Joseph steered blankly at the Sergeant, before final replying "Enough sense for me." He lifted the map and whispered quickly "We found a map, we're going on a treasure hunt and we're going to share our findings between ourselves."

With this he turns and places the map on the bed where the quite guy was. "Okay, before we start nosing around the officer's territory asking for a bullet, we should decide on which place suits the clue. Any ideas?" Joseph ask both Hat and Perrson, yet specks loud enough for Savin and the nco to hear.

[[Alright, this is where we decide the next setting for our little adventure. Feel free to suggest a destination or agree to someone else's suggestion.]]
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sat May 05, 2018 8:14 pm

Hat noticed perhaps a little too late the suspicious look on his face directed toward the Sergeant and instantly felt a little ashamed for accepting the offered lho stick. The decision was measured, but she didn't consider what Joseph would have thought or how it might have messed up his plans. She looked down as she smoked, feeling a little bad while also trying to make herself less engaging. However, when a new female voice was heard her head went up and tried to look for it, realizing that she had to look lower to find the source: a uniformed Ratling. She couldn't help but overhear that they were doing some sort of deal. This peeked some interest in her. This Ratling, unsurprisingly, seemed to be some sort of dealer. Perhaps maybe she could barter for a hat later? She never got that Mordian cap she asked for.

The Chem-Dog's thoughts were interrupted when a lho stick was put in her hands by Joseph. She smiled and gave a thankful nod before stuffing it in one of her lho pouches. She did some listening while people did some talking and standing off as Joseph tried to determine if the Sergeant really was trustworthy. The Barcaran finally told the Sergeant what they were doing before he turned quickly and placed the map on the bed of the quiet lad behind them, asking their opinions. "Well, like I said earlier my thoughts are that it's likely around Commissar quarters," she said quietly then took in another drag of her lho, "Though.... it could also be Officer quarters too. I just think Commissar because they are scarier so more likely."

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:32 am

Hat had give a good point, scarier is more likely. Whoever had hidden this map had obviously put effort into hiding his loot, so putting the Commissar's quarters as a destination would definitely be a deterrent. "Alright then." Joseph quietly announced to those assembled, "The Commissar quarters it is. This won't be in any real way safe, but in the name of loot and adventure I'm willing to give it a swing! Those who are keen, follow me!". With this Joseph hopped out the nearby window and began to lead those who follow in the direction of the said quarters.

[[And we're off. Sorry for the delay, but we will start now. Joseph has now left and our next stop is Makarov's office, where I will soon put a post up. Feel free to put up a leaving post here or just post after me in Makarov's office.]]
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:17 am

When Joseph declared their next destination Hat gave a nod of acknowledgment. She was aware that this will be a dangerous quest; what loot wasn't dangerous to get a hold of after all? She was, however, a little surprised when he jumped through a nearby window. She quickly grabbed her inseparable bag and threw it on her shoulders as she decided to run out the door instead. Hopefully, she wasn't too far behind.

[[Hat ran away to go with Joseph!]]

QuothTheRaven

Postby QuothTheRaven » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:01 am

Savin blinks bemusedly as Joseph goes out the window, then shrugs and follows Hat out the door. "Shoot, I'm game. Ain't got nothin to do for a few hours anyhow. Coming gorgeous?" She waves to Wilfred on her way out.

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:10 pm

"aint like I got anything better ta do. and the fact I get to do it with a pretty lady makes it even better" he said with a smile as he fallowed the ratling out. Being sure to grab his pack on the way out.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:42 pm

[[Time skip to some time after wall.]]
The bright orange light from the afternoon sun shone in through the door of the South Barracks as a figure gingerly nudged it open. Joseph Omen, final discharge from the medical ward, had even been giving a signed piece of paper to stay in a proper bed in the Barracks. He had become so use to hopping through the window to sleep in an unoccupied bed that it was odd to simply walk in like this. Not that it was exactly simple to get in with one arm in a sling and a pack strap over the other arm shoulder.

He had grown sick of the medical ward and was eager for the simple pleasures of the Barracks. The few lights that worked giving a warm sensation, the gentle chatter of guardsmen enjoy their moment of respite, getting some proper sleep! Even watching the dust particles dance in the sunlight on a gentle breeze. It was enough to bring back a smile to Joseph's face. Slowly making his way to an unoccupied space, the Bacaran took extra care to lower the now single strap pack before taking a seat on the bed. It felt great, the sound of the bed springs straining even delighted him. He wanted nothing more than to sleep, but first he had to sort his pack.

He was pretty sure Tabitha had brought it to the ward, along with the other items he had dropped during the fight. He would have to thank her at some point, maybe get a thank you gift? What gift could he give her? He'd have to work it out later. Pack first, sleep second, everything else after that. But for the moment Joseph just sat, getting a rest before he started on the damaged pack.
//