[OPEN] South Barracks (The Land Of Delinquency and Rack Time)

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
QuothTheRaven

Postby QuothTheRaven » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:39 pm

Not one to pass up telling a story, Sevan offers a carefully humble shrug, "Rough enough. Mostly the damp and the muck were the worst of it. But we got plenty big swamps back home, so it's nothing new."
She glances around, seemingly pleased to have an audience. "Well they had us waiting out in the bayou for rebels or aliens, hoping to catch them moving around while they think we weren't looking. The poor boys had to wait in the water, hip deep and getting slurped by leeches, while I shimmied up a tree to be in a good spot for sniping." She gestures at the longlas drying on her cot.
"And sure enough, we caught a bushel of em trying to sneak some of those weird xenos rifles into the city. Our brave melta trooper," she waves towards a reclining form on a nearby bunk, who grunts and stuffs his head under a pillow, just wanting to sleep, "took the head right off one'a their alien bosses, and his rebel buddies tried to scatter, but it's hard to run hip-deep in water, see?"
She's hit her stride now, standing on a footlocker and gesturing expansively as if recounting the fall of Horus, "we blasted em from left and right, I myself claimed four kills, right between the eyes, each-a-one," she mined firing her rifle. "That is when, in the heat of combat, a perfidious alien shot the tree branch I was a-resting on, causing me to plunge inta the muck."
By the time I had surfaced, the emperor's will and the might of his guard had driven back the traitors and aliens, and the day was saved." She bows regally.

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:17 am

She smiled appriciatively to her talking companion, she'd have hated to be a cause of trouble for someone that had reacted so well to her blatant lack of manners. He was rather vague about the reason for his bionic enhancements but she felt she had imposed herself on him enough as is. He'd volounteered more than she could possibly have asked for as is, if he didn't want to go into specifics then she wasn't going to press the issue.

"That's interesting. I only have some experience with dealing with the priesthood, though being a driver I imagine it's closer than a lot of other guardsmen. Mostly I get the feeling they treat us with reluctant tolerance. Is it the same for people of your regiment?"

The ratling took centre-stage and began recounting the tale of their patrol and Tabitha listened intently to the small guardsman's account of the events that had transpired. It was a enjoyable tale, if mostly due to how it was told. As the story came to a close Tabitha smiled at the ratling and the Becaran.

"Sounds quite exciting. I'm glad you managed to stop them from getting those rifles into the city, should give me a little less to worry about when I'm out there"
Private Tabitha Maru - Lieutenant Yudel Eckhardt

Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:28 am

Nikolaos finished clamping on his armor, making sure his weapons were properly anchored, and donned his helmet. He switched to the open vox channel just as he looked at the chronometer one more time.

Fifteen minutes and fifteen seconds.

Krrrrzt
++Everyone in position?++

++Copy.++

++Yeeep.++

++Copy!++

"I'm here," he said into his vox.

++Alright, make 'em holler.++

Shouting rang out anew in the barracks, accompanied by the sounds of scraping and heavy objects being moved.

Nikolaos looked about the room, making contact with each trooper, his Corporal's chevrons gleaming on his shoulder plate, and bellowed.

"Barracks inspection!"

Peridot Onyx

Postby Peridot Onyx » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:44 am

At the sudden yelling and noise, Perron, in a moment he was less than proud of, froze. He dropped the last of his handful of bands to the bed, straightened up, touched his boots to the ground, and bolted towards the door. He had no idea where he was going, but his flight response had just kicked in, hard.
&

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:52 am

Nikolaos' eyebrows raised in surprise, and called after the fleeing trooper. "Y' better be heading to the weapons range, trooper!"

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:52 am

Doing the work of the Emperor is its own reward.

Characters:

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:58 am

[[ Alroght then, rodbob. I had a faceless noncom on charge of this, but if you want, let's say that this was your cycle for inspections. Does fifteen minutes early sound like your thing?]]

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:59 am

((can do))

Characters:

QuothTheRaven

Postby QuothTheRaven » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:08 am

Savin had seen the guardsman with the tattoos donning his armor and checking the wall-chrono, and so was not entirely surprised by the shouting. Nimbly bounding down from her perch, she scrurries over to her bunk, slamming the false bottom to her footlocker with her home-made hooch in it, and hurrying to put on the rest of her uniform. Her flak vest was still drying on a rail over the radiator, but she struggled into it, then jammed her cap on and spun around to attention as the Praetorian kicked in the door, still buckling on her belt and webbing.

Peridot Onyx

Postby Peridot Onyx » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:09 am

Perron turned his head slightly in surprise at Nikolaos calling to him, giving the man time to register an expression of blown-pupiled terror.
Finding the door open before him, and another shouting officer, he struggled between freezing again, and darting past.

[Perron rolls to escape.
Quick +3 and a roll of 0, assuming difficulty of 3, he just skids through, but it's not graceful.
If rodbob or an NPC wish to try and grab him, then I'll take an opposing roll instead]

Inhaling quickly and still not taking in what's happening, Perron dodged, and tried to make a break past the sergeant.
&

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:13 am

[[Roll to grapple! Roll to grapple! Oh what fun!]]

Peridot Onyx

Postby Peridot Onyx » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:23 am

[[Aw come on... You don't want to touch him, He's just weird, you know?
Jokes aside, apologies rodbob for forcing you to FRAK this early on.]]
&

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:27 am

Characters:

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:31 am

((Damn it's 2.30am here. I'll have to retire to bed. Back in about 6-7 hours))

Characters:

Peridot Onyx

Postby Peridot Onyx » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:37 am

The Praetorian was yelling again, and something snapped inside Perron. "C-can't-!"
Trying one last time for the exit, he felt as though his very senses were starting to disconnect from him as the adrenaline blasted through his veins.

[[Re-roll! If he fails, he is non-violent.
Roll of 0 before his +3]]
&

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:00 am

[[dont worry about time. We've sort of established a slow posting pace in this thread.]]

QuothTheRaven

Postby QuothTheRaven » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:51 pm

[[gives everybody time to hide their contraband! :D]]

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:07 pm

Tabitha turned her attention away from the ratling telling the story, back to her neighbour standing up. As he donned his helmet she raised one of her eyebrows. That's strange, didn't he just say... her chain of thoughts were interrupted by the call for barracks inspection. Like everyone else she scrambled into action: flying to her feet and trying to desperately straighten out the sheets she had been lying and sitting on. No time to redo the entire bed, just smoothen out the worst creases.

Fortunantely she did not have to spend any time getting into uniform properly, given that she had never taken it off. She snatched the helmet and put it on and assumed her position next to her bed. Standing at attention and waiting for the inevitable judgement of the sargeant kicking in the door. Hoping he wasn't one of those that were looking for faults.
Private Tabitha Maru - Lieutenant Yudel Eckhardt

Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:20 pm

Joseph had not expected the little ratling to regale the story in this manner, but none the less he enjoy the account and the passion she put into it. His attention was quickly grasped by the Cadians comment about about being 'out there'. Could this be a way of getting out of base and into the fight?

All hope of ask her and finding out more were dashed as the man behind her stood up, survey the surroundings and bellowed "Barrack Inspection!" Now there was trouble. He had finished the grog, but he still had most of the filth on him from last night. Even though he wasn't billeted in this barrack (or any barrack for that matter), avoiding strict observations would be a good idea.

Before anyone had even considered moving, one Guardsmen bolted for the door. The show became more entertaining as the door swung open to revival the most brightly dress soldier he had ever seen. Joseph smiled inside, thanking the fact he was so tired lest he had ran for it too. Though staying here didn't seem a good option. As everyone's attention was on getting ready for the inspection or on the spectacle at the doorway, Joseph quietly gathered his belt rig and pack and made his way to the nearby window.

[ Joseph rolls to escape in a more sneaky way through the window.
sneaky +2 and rolled a 3, I'm guessing the difficulty is still 3, so it's blatant as hell, but no one seems to notice.
Feel free to try and catch me in the act if you can ;) ]
//

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:05 pm

Last edited by rodbob on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Characters: