[OPEN] South Barracks (The Land Of Delinquency and Rack Time)

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
rodbob

Postby rodbob » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:24 pm

Doing the work of the Emperor is its own reward.

Characters:

Vurrunna

Postby Vurrunna » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:43 pm

At the first notice of shouting in his general direction, years of drilling kick into Lucas's mind, and he turns into an immediate salute, right fist over heart, heels clicked together, back rigid, before he calls out as loud as he can in his soft voice (a sound which hardly registers compared to the Color Sergeant [?]), "Runner Lucas de Nongentia of the Draxin Penal Legions, sir! I've been sent to investigate the disappearance of a fellow Guardsman's property, sir! I have been informed that the objects may be present in these barracks, sir!"

He pauses a moment, then continues in a soft voice, "You wouldn't have happened to see a pair of hearted briefs and a fancy comb, would you, sir? If you don't mind my askin, of course, sir."

[[Fun Fact: In the Draxin Penal Legions, there are basically three ranks a soldier ever need worry about, Trooper, Officer, and Commander, with each rank commanding the lower rank to run off and throw their assets upon the enemy (in the case of the lowly Trooper, their body is considered an asset). Because of this over-simplified system, Draxin Penal Troopers have a tendancy to refer to anyone of a higher rank than them as "sir" or "ma'am," which means Lucas, who falls beneath a Trooper as a Runner but still sits above Civilian and Meat (the technical term for soldiers without enough training to be trusted with Munitorum resources, and are thus sent into battle with little-to-no gear), refers to everyone he serves with as "sir" or "ma'am."]]

[[Another Fun Fact: Since most of the Draxin Penal Legion on Valmaria died during a very unfortunate accident involving a mislabeled package and some high explosives, there aren't enough of them around to make the Sergeants from other Regiments ever care. Not like they would anyway even if the Penal Troopers were still around.]]

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:42 am

((Reply in the works but am on night shift for next 12 hours. If I get a chance to post during my shift I will. Depends on how much badness there is tonight.))

Characters:

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:37 pm

Characters:

QuothTheRaven

Postby QuothTheRaven » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:44 pm

Double damn! This was getting to be too risky. Savin glances around, then turns to the Tiger Rifle at the bunk next to hers and whispers, "hey, hey Grey, how much do you like me?"
The human looks taken aback for a second, then groans, "Oh no, Savin, already in trouble?"
She gives him a sweet smile, "well I won't be if you can just be a dear and stand in front of me for a minute."
The trooper rolls his eyes and shuffles a half-pace forwards, blocking the diminutive ratling from the sergeant's line of sight. As soon as she's hidden she spins down and grabs the dangerous undies from her trunk, finding they're wrapped around the comb she hadn't noticed before. In one fluid motion, she stands up, closing the trunk and expertly tossing the bundle beneath an unoccupied bunk.

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:36 am

A pair of hearted briefs and a fancy comb? That couldn't possibly be standard issue, could it? It sounded like a situation fetched from one of those comedies that was sometimes shown to improve morale. One of those where you'd see the silly antics of a well meaning but unlucky soldier and their journey to correct their mistakes and earning the respect of their commissar (not shown for the safety of the guardsmen watching of course, it'd be a very poor way to improve morale if the commissars had to execute someone for laughing at a scene featuring one). Pvt Loyal and the quest for the hearted briefs, or something like that.

Besides, what kind of self-respecting guardsman would ever be caught owning a pair of hearted briefs? This all sounded like a joke at someone's expense. if not on the small gasmasked boy then it had to be on them.

While the sargeant's back was turned she ntoiced some movement in the corner of her eye and instinctually glanced in that direction. She almost lost her composure entirely when what she saw was a small bundle lying under one of the beds. A hearted cloth bundle. What? Had that been there before? She glanced uncertainly back towards the sargeant as he turned back towards the group. Promising not to punish anyone that admitted their theft right now. But... there was noone standing next to the bed with the bundle under it. The owner of the bed risked the wrath of a sargeant for this.

"Sargeant, begging your pardon. Is that bundle over there what you're looking for?" She piped up, nodding towards the empty bunk with the bundle.

Throne. What was she doing? Was she attracting the attention to herself in a matter of stolen items? Stupid, stupid, stupid. This wasn't going to end well at all. Why did she say something? Why did she always have to do something? Seemingly endless microseconds passed as she was berating herself internally while waiting for the sargeant's reaction.
Private Tabitha Maru - Lieutenant Yudel Eckhardt

Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:07 am

Nikolaos glanced in the direction of Maru's question, and strode over to the bunk. Picking up the bundle, he smirked, holding the bundle out to the Sergeant. "Certainly not beige ration packs."

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:31 am

Sergeant Fothergill-Scott
Praetorian 24th Regiment of Foot

"Thank you Corporal." The Sergeant said as he took the bundle.

He looked over to the Cadian and then to where she had pointed. "That's funny...if I were a betting man, I would have placed a years coin on those briefs not being under that bed when I walked in. But as we all know, gamblin' in barracks is against Guard regulation 5.41 so aren't you lot a bunch of lucky dogs. And what do you know..." he pulled out the comb "Now who'd've thought it? Not only did we find there a lovely pair of non regulation, possibly heretical briefs, but we got ourselves a fancy comb to boot! Throne it must be our lucky day"

He tossed them to Lucas, "There you go Runner Mushroom, now make sure they go back to their rightful owner. In other words hop it before I find reason to beast you."

"As for the rest of you misfits, fifty press-ups a piece then get this barrack hall cleaned. Spick and span do you hear me? Throne help you or I will put on my white gloves and go hunting for dirt! And trust me, I'll find some. Now...PRESS-UP POSITION! 1...and down...hold it...and UP!... Corporal make sure they're doin 'em right!"

Characters:

QuothTheRaven

Postby QuothTheRaven » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:31 am

Savin grunts and pants a little doing the press-ups. She's lightweight, but more suited to running and hiding than doing strength training. After the sergeant is satisfied, she opens her trunk to retrieve the two jars. She goes down the line in the barracks, doling out small portions of the clear, volatile liquid, until the last drop is gone.
She sighs, heavily, then gathers her longlas and heads out.
[[ABANDON THREAD!]]

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:57 am

Nikolaos smiled at the liquid in his mug. "Thank you trooper."

"Sergeant, I don't believe these troopers have an itinerary. I propose the weapons range."

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Groaning internally, the Cadian dropped down and began the press ups at the pace the sargeant set. Even on a good day press ups was something she struggled with and today her arms were already sore before they began with them. Fifty was still something she could manage, but afterwards her arms were burning and she had to spend a moment lying flat, face down, before she could manage to stand up again.

When it came to cleaning the barrack hall she was meticulous with her part. She had been punished enough for one day already. Tabitha was not about to give the sargeant anything to complain about, and now that she didn't have any timelimit to meet she could take her time to make sure it was perfect. Only taking a small pause to accept a mug from the ratling with a appriciative smile. Taking a sip from it and almost choked on it, coughing as her throat burned.

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:00 pm

Characters:

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:53 pm

Fifty press ups? Child's play for Joseph. He was no a stranger to group punishment, though still being a little tired and the Sargent's slow pace help to make it more fun. He finished the press up with ease and retrieved the mug from his pack where it was still wedged in the window. Savin had a look of hidden agony as she expended her last two jars and rightly so. As he received another portion of grog, he lend down to the small women and whispered "Let me know if you need any help with the still, I'll see if I can find anything helpful.".

Joseph straighten up and enjoy what he knew would be the last good drink for a while. Savin left the barrack and the rest of the occupants started to clean up the place. Seeing that he and his pack were most likely the most filthy things in the whole place, he decided to go for a shower. He finished his drink, placed his mug back and pulled out his pack with a good tug. The window slammed shut and he made his way to the showers, passing the Sargent and Corporal on his way. His head suddenly snapped around when he overheard there conversation, "weapons range?" he couldn't help but smile at the thought. Were they willing to allow Bacarans to join or simply didn't know about there Legions handicap of a regulation? Ether way, this was Joseph chance to get some much need practice in, maybe even get a firearm of his own!

With great excitement not seem from a Bacaran since Waiberia, Joseph sped off to wash down his pack and himself. It wasn't long before he returned, still a bit wet from the shower and still very hopeful. He stop short of the Corporal who remained and stared at him expectantly with an almost intimidating smile.
//

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:11 am

Tabitha put her hands on her hips and looked over the barracks hall that they had been working on for a while. It looked positively pristine by now. The sargeant could probably find some dirt to point out to them if he tried, but at this point he'd need to put in some effort to find it. Regardless, the young cadian was rather satisfied with how it looked. Looking it over once more, she then turned and joined the bacaran over by the corporal.

"Corporal, the hall has been cleaned as ordered."

She looked at him expectantly, awaiting his approval and permission to proceed to the range.

((OOC: I'm assuming things are over here for now, so if there's no response I'll just assume that everyone has exited and headed off to the range))

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:20 am

(( I think that is indeed the case and indeed the best case of action. Though if we can, it would be nice to properly rap this up :) ))
//

Peridot Onyx

Postby Peridot Onyx » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:40 am

After a few hours of hiding, Perron finally felt he could stand up again, and more than that, he was getting very cold.
Padding slowly back to the southern barracks, he tested around until he found a window that someone had kindly left unlocked, and decided it a better option than the door this time.

Without any great sense of urgency, he quietly dropped through it, landed with minimal fuss, closed the window, and headed over to his bunk.
Seeing that it still existed, was all he needed. Much like a cat returning home, he dropped into it with a faint jingle of loose metal, and curled up silently for sleep. He felt ashamed, tired, and more than slightly weary.

[[ooc: *Skids in as the scene ends*]]
&

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:25 am

((You sneaky git :lol: ))

Characters:

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:02 pm

[[by the way this thread won't really be closed. It will be, just like the Chapel, someplace for people to go. ]]

QuothTheRaven

Postby QuothTheRaven » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:31 pm

Savin rubs her eyes hard, fighting back the weariness of a hard day in the kitchen and a hard night partying. She is crouched in a corner of the South Barracks reserved for cleaning supplies that has gone undisturbed since the occupation began.
Her masterpiece bubbles quietly before her. It is a complex collections of pipes, buckets, tubes and jars, with a chemical heat pack setting a big cat to boil. A single drop of clear liquid forms at the end of a tube and drips down into a mason jar. It smells like it would take paint off a tank.
"Merry Candlemass to me," the little ratling whispers to herself. "Back in business..."
In a slightly scrawling hand she writes "Naris Swamp-pear Brandy" on a paper label and pastes it to one of the dozen similar jars lining a shelf formerly occupied by cleaning products only slightly more stringent than the beverage now residing there.

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:18 pm

Wilfred entered the building. Snow piled on his carapace. He was slightly pale from the new sensations but he was on the look out for a particular ratling at the moment. She had accesses to something he wanted. Badly. Taking his armor off Some of the melting slush went down the back of his fatigues. "Son of a rusted whore!" he blurted out. Shaking and patting the snow away from him quickly he got back to work. leaving everything but his pack at his bunk. In a foot locker locked tightly. His boots clicked and clacked along the floor as he stepped. Looking for her. Two unlit Ihos tucked into his bandage at the back of his head.