[OPEN] Medicae Ward

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:05 am

Jaren snapped back to the present as Mari ordered him. Right patients. Burns needed treating, gauze rolling, drugs injected.

“At once!” He said and moved to treat those highest on the list. As he looked down at his notes, a all to familiar name stood out. Raymond, Yorke Jr.. Throne above how many times does he end up here a week? Looking over he spotted the commissar, looking like death, on a gurney. His bionic was either detached or destroyed, the medic couldn’t tell, he was covered in dust and grim and blood.

“Oh Emperor...” Jaren muttered as he approached. Calming down, he took out a light and shined it on to Yorke’s face.

“Cat? Can you hear me?” The medic said as he made sure the commissar was still breathing.

Who says the future has to be grimdark? Matt Ward that's who.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:57 am

Cat's eyes snapped open, and he caught the end of the torch between his thumb and forefinger, before lowering it from his face, "What?"
He raised his head to squint at Jaren, "...What."
He looked down at himself, and the bloodied coat, "Oh. N-no. This isn't my blood, it's um..."
December's. He remembered the priest, here to assumedly administer last rites.

"M'not even hurt, bit charred. Just waiting to see if someone else is okay." he released the torch, and leaned back in his seat, "Don't wanna get in the way, so I'm just waiting."

(( Whoops. Cat is in a chair, he's mostly just here because Holt ordered him to be. :? ))

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:42 am

Tabitha rubbed her shoulder as she approached the medicae, she still couldn't quite understand how Joseph lugged that pack around a day. It was like carrying a small vehicle on your back she was sure. Well, at least she had dropped it off with his people so it'd be safe and sound. She figured she'd drop by and let him know is all, and check up on him of course.

As she got closer she noticed the bustle of activity in and around the infirmary. Of course there was. Why hadn't she realised that before? It'd be obvious that there'd be no room for anyone uninjured there, had she taken a moment to think about it she'd have realised that. Maybe she could return later? That was probably the smart idea. Come back when the initial rush had settled down a...

Wasn't that Lieutenant Halvus over there? What was she doing outside? Tabitha was pretty sure she had seen the lieutenant get hit. As she got closer she got a better look at the lieutenant and with every step she began to increase her pace. As she got closer she knelt down before the officer.

"Lieutenant? Can you hear me?"

Then she saw that the lieutenant's wounds hadn't been bound. Oh, throne. She slung the officer's arm over her shoulder and tried to lift the promethoran and help her into the medicae tent.

"Medic! The lieutenant's bleeding and lost conciousness!"
Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Ferrum honore veniat.

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:09 pm

December glanced up from where she was marking a wounded Cadian's collar with a black marker and stared at Lourn. With an almost serene expression, she moved over to the new arrival and looked him over. She remembered him. The man who'd woken with no memory . . . presumably past his trials and now bleeding. "Guardsman Germaine, yes?" She queried as she looked over the mass of shrapnel damage and blood.

The damage was---not as horrible as it could have been. His gear had done its job and robbed the blast of most of its actual lethality. But still, his torso was likely battered and the arms with their lighter protection were bleeding from multiple different wounds. She slipped out the yellow pen and marked his collar, "Take him over there." She pointed towards a corner that had yet to be filled to capacity. "I'll be back shortly."

And with that she spun and started for one of the tables of supplies, passing the pens off to another medicae as she moved. A few batches of medical supplies gathered and she was back with the Phantine. Face spattered and splattered in blood, only one usable eye due to the bandage across the other, she still moved with practiced and clean precision. Training and experience smothered any personal pain she was feeling, focusing only on the man in front of her.
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:16 pm

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:46 am

Thea was surprised at the offer to repair her armor. It made some sense since he was a tech priest but she couldn’t help but feel a little touched by the offer. However, further thought on the subject was sidetrack by the new sensation on her arm, like she was wearing a bracer that was a bit too small. As he wrapped her arm with gauze he explained what she would likely be feeling and asked her to take off her upper armor for hygiene and comfort. For the briefest moment she thought about making a playful comment about her taking off her armor but decided against it. It wouldn’t go over with a Tech Priest who would probably be more confused than anything. From the almost stilted way he spoke it seemed speaking so much was almost foreign to him.

Thea reached first for her shoulder pauldrons, moving cautiously with her bandage arm when it was required. Once she got them off she stacked them wherever Nurse Joy indicated for her to put them then began unbuckling and latching her breastplate one handed.

“Thank you for your offer earlier; the offer for repairing the piece,” she paused as she fiddled with a particular piece, a little more difficult since she was trying to avoid using her bad arm, but eventually managing to get it, “Though I don’t want to take away from your duties. I could forge a new one but I’ll just need the materials and tools, if you’ll let me have them.”

[Mari post will come later. This was just a bit simplier for me to write.]
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:58 am

"Make sure to let the people inside know she's bleeding!" Tabitha hurriedly stammered to the two orderlies taking over carrying lieutenant Halvus inside. Maybe it wasn't neccessary, after all the people working here knew medical care far better than she did and even she knew that someone bleeding and unconcious was the highest priority patients. She watched as the orderlies brought her the next couple steps into the tent before she turned towards the Unseen Son (Unseen Daughter?) that was adressing her.

"Ah, yes. Of course. Good thinking."

With that Tabitha set into motion gathering the lieutenant's equipment, gathering the various pieces in the bag that Paige had left. Giving the woman a knowing glance and an understanding and grateful smile as she departed. Making sure to take a few extra looks around to ensure she didn't miss any piece the cadian then took the bag and headed inside the tent.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:11 pm

With the missionary taken care of, Mari looked back at her patient and silently prayed in her mind that the God-Emperor allowed her to carry out this procedure without anymore interruptions. He seemed sad. She gave Joseph an apologetic smile.

“Don’t worry Joseph, I’ll get you fixed up. As you can see, things are a little frantic,” she said as she pulled out her Diagnostor and began scanning him with it, “Let’s see what else we are dealing with.”

It didn’t take very long and the readings were what she expected: foreign object in his shoulder and shrapnel. What she really needed to know was how deep the metal piece was in him. Thankfully, it wasn’t particularly deep nor did it strike anything vital. That didn’t mean it wasn’t still dangerous, it’ll bleed and hurt like hell, but his life wouldn’t hang on such a thin thread. The God-Emperor smiled on him for sure. She holstered her Diagnoster and moved to his wounded shoulder.

“I have good news and bad news for you Joseph,” she waved for an orderly to be on standby in case something happened, “The bad news is that taking out this piece is going to hurt and bleed a lot. The good news is that it hasn’t struck anything vital so fixing this should be relatively simple.”

Simple as pulling out a metal piece impaled in someone anyway. The Hospitaller gently put hand at the base of the wound and grabbed the metal piece.

“Oh mighty and loving God-Emperor, I pray to slow the blood and close the wounds. I pray you to steel this man’s nerve, to sooth his pain, and strengthen his resolve. I pray this operation goes swiftly and without unnecessary suffering,” she paused then looked down at Joseph, “Are you ready?”

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:46 pm

//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Seeing his nodded, Mari took a deep breath and gave him her best comforting smile before she looked at his wound and began to cite a final prayer.

“Dear God-Emperor, may you give this man, a loyal follower, a swiiffffft,” the word dragged out because at that moment she chose to pull out the pickaxe head. As she worked to patch and clean the wound she would continue, “.... and easy recovery. May his dayssssss recovering be undisturbed and keep his body, mind, and spiiiirrrit free from corruption in all forms. In your infinite power and glorious name, Amen.”

The Hospitaller would manage to staunch the bleeding and wrap him up.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:12 pm

Joseph listened to the prayer, though lost his attention as the piece of tool was removed from his shoulder. The sudden pain that shot through his system was worse that when the metal had embedded itself in him, though that was most likely because he didn't register the pain at the time. The sound that escaped the Bacaran's mouth was somewhere between a yell and an agonizing moan. As the sister preceded to stop the bleeding and bandage him up, Joseph's head swirled as he held on to any conscious thought. This day wasn't going to leave his memory any time soon.
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:39 am

“Get me a blood bag with his type, painkillers, and some water,” Mari ordered the orderly as she finished tying off the last of Joseph’s bandages. She stood back to admire her handy work and realized how pale he was. It was a lot of blood. She could see his consciousness fading as his head swirled.

“Okay Joseph, we are going to give you a bit of a foot rest here,” Mari knelt down to pull out a half log with used carpet around it to help soften it a bit and slid it under his ankles. Elevating them should help with shock by letting gravity take blood for his legs to his core.

The orderly was quick and returned with the supplies. Due to Joseph’s hazy state, it was easy for Mari to set up the blood bag; connecting the line to his good arm. She then leaned over him and asked, “Joseph, how are you feeling now?”

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:20 am

With his head swimming, all that Joseph could see was a blur of motion. He nearly registered the voices and movement in his legs. But with his legs elevated, his senses started to come back once more. The Bacaran had just enough time to recover to hear and understand Mari's question.

How was he feeling? Joseph was feelings a lot of things and yet at the same time not feeling much. But one thing rose above the rest of the thoughts bouncing around in his head. "I'm tired sister." He final exasperated. "I'm tired of it all. I just want to go home.". Deep down Joseph knew he wasn't going to get home any time soon, but in his exhaustion it was how he felt. With that he laid his head back, hoping that at least now he might get the chance just to rest. Though a sudden thought prompted him to raise his head again and as a question of his own. "Sister, if I go to sleep now, I'm not going to die, am I?" Joseph ask, concern quite visible in the tone of his voice and the shaky eyes which fought to stay focused on the Hospitaller's own.
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:29 am

It was a response that Mari sadly heard often. Probably one of the most common answers she’s heard was tiredness and probably the most genuine response too. No one ends up here without exhausting themselves in some way. It was also common for those who were suffering to wish for home; their place of comfort and peace to shield them from pain. In some ways, hearing these pleas for home hurt almost as much as gunshots. Mari was lucky in a way; she was an orphan so she never knew a true home or mother. However, she had a father who loved her and He was watching over her and all of His other followers, like this poor penal legionnaire laying before her.

Joseph asked if it was safe for him to sleep, afraid that he will never wake again if he did. Mari wiped her hands of his blood and, now clean, put a comforting hand on his good shoulder and a warm smile.

“It’s okay Joseph; sleep. You may rest easy knowing that the God-Emperor smiles upon you,” she said.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:44 pm

Mari's words brought a gentle smile back to Joseph's face once more. May the Emperor never stop smiling. "Thank you sister." the Bacaran softly replied, squeezing her hand as his best attempt at giving her a hug at that moment. With that he rested his head, closed his eyes and began his attempt to rest through both the constant noise of the ward and the agonizing pain from his shoulder and the shrapnel.

[[Unless you want to remove the shrapnel lax or anyone else wants to awaken the Bacaran, Joseph will attempt to sleep the rest of this thread.]]
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:49 am

Mari kept her smile as she waited for him to rest. Once he did she would turn to the orderly.

“Give him the painkillers and start working on the shrapnel. Come get me if anything new comes up or there is something tricky,” she ordered.

“Yes Sister,” the orderly replied as they inserted the painkiller in the line of the blood bag and got tools to work on the shrapnel. Satisfied that Joseph was taken care of, Mari went to go see if anyone else needed her expertise. While she searched she came across a gaunt woman covered with various wounds who seemed to be sleeping, though she doubted it was voluntary since she seemed half dressed in her armor. What she could see from some remaining insignias was that she was some sort of officer. It was that point a confused looking Cadian girl came over with an armful of gear.

Mari pointed a finger at her. “You! Who is this? Do you know if she’s been looked over at all?” her tone demanded a quick answer now.

[Mari has now moved on to Halvus. Mentioned Cadian is Tabitha.]

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:43 pm

When Halvus had been carried inside, Tabitha would have thought she was already on her way to immediate treatment. Imagine her surprise when she came inside to find the unconscious officer lying in wait to be looked at, not even having received triage if the lack of markings was anything to go by. She was just about to try to call for someone when a intense-looking woman came over and demanded information. The young cadian had a difficulty to find words at first but then she almost blurted it all out at once.

"Lieutenant Halvus, ma'am! She got injured fighting attackers in the breach, I found her unconscious outside. She's bleeding. I told the orderlies that carried her inside to let you all know"

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:07 am

Mari listened to what the Cadian had to say.

“As you can see we are a bit busy at the moment,” the Hospitaller looked down at the officer and sighed. It was probably safe to assume that those orderlies are still trying to fetch someone and this Halvus hasn’t been helped at all. She pulled out a vial, collected some of Halvus’ blood from a bleeding wound, and put it in her Diagnoster. She scanned the officer to see what other ailments she might have as it processed her blood. The screen lit up and gave her results that weren’t surprising.

She pointed at a orderly that was walking by. “You! Get me some blood! AB Negative! Make sure it's natural!” she commanded.

“Yes ma’am!” they piped before they scurried away. Mari then turned to the Cadian.

“You! Put that gear under the gurney and help me. Get some clean wipes over there and start wiping the wounds,” she ordered, “Don’t wrap any yet and don’t touch the burns!”

Mari grabbed a wipe and tweezers as she started to extract shrapnel, dropping pieces into a metal pan. She needed to work quickly to get these wounds closed up.

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:31 am

Mari's words sent Tabitha scrambling to stow the gear under the gurney and then turned around looking around for the wipes she had been instructed to do. Seeing them she spun around on her heels and took a few quick strides towards them and then stopped on the spot. Clean wipes. She looked down at her hands covered in dust, mud and blood. They wouldn't be very clean with those hands. Wounds were supposed to be kept clean she was sure. Looking up again she instead headed straight for a faucet, turned it, rolled her sleeves up and began rubbing her hands vigourously under the stream of water. With the help of some soap her hands and lower arms now stuck out as two pinkish appendages sticking out of a largely greyish spectre of a woman, but it was good enough. Time was of the essence after all.

Returning with the wipes she then carefully began wiping the wounds, trying to start nearest to the wound itself and move outwards. Staying well clear of where the hospitaller was working.

"Like this, ma'am?"