[OPEN] Medicae Ward

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:52 pm

It appears that the Tech Priest took the fact that he was the ‘metal demon’ too literally from how he dashed out of the medicae ward. At least he finally left. Cheslock took just long enough from her soldering to chastise Mari, saying she needed to be more tactful and that she would have done better. “I had it handled, I just didn’t expect him to take the label so literally,” Mari would have added that she thought that the legendary logic of the Adeptus Mechanicus would figure out that he wasn’t actually a demon, but decided to be tactful and leave it out, “I will see to him after this.”

Some murmuring behind Mari caught her ear. She turned around to see the Commissar, a figure of fear and authority to the Guard, curled up against the wall in a position she has seen before from those whose fear was overcoming them. She crouched down so she was close to his level as she listened to him tell his story. It was a horrific tale, something that would scar any being and likely a tale that should have been spoken to anyone outside of those involved. She realized that she should never speak of this to anyone, for both of their sakes. How he spoke of how hereteks would make creations out of still living comrades reminded her of a time when the shrine she was charged with protecting was under siege by heretical cultists. While not the Dark Mechanicus, she saw things that still haunt her. Severed heads of the faithful that were still screaming were the first memory that came to mind. Before she could dwell on that dark time more, the Commissar brought up his legs not working and dragged her back to reality.

It seemed he felt a little better now that the burden was lightened. The Hospitaller gave a soft, sympathetic frown. “Let me help you,” she gave a small smile and held out her hand to him, “Come on, let’s get you back into the gurney.”

---

Victoria watched as Cheslock worked on her hand. It was this and focusing on her breathing that kept her mind off the pain of having her artificial nerves being fixed and reattached. There was a sharp pain which made the Valhallan inhale just as sharply, and the Metasurgeon finished her work, advising her that, while functional, needed further repair. She was about to get up when the Magos leaned over and said that she could have had painkillers if she wanted next time. She then backed away and asked her to sign the discharge paper.

Victoria sat up and took a moment to look over Cheslock’s handiwork, trying to move her fingers. The movement was sluggish and the hole was still there but it at least obeyed her. “Thank you, Metasurgeon,” she took a pen with her good hand and signed it, “And I got all the painkillers I need.”

After putting her pen away she patted a spot on her overcoat to refer to what she was talking about. She then shifted off her gurney, gave the Metasurgeon a thankful nod, then headed out to deal with other matters.

[Unless stopped or someone says something, Lieutenant Neskovich is out.]
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

LaxKnight's Character Hub

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:38 pm

Cat raised his head, and watched as the Lieutenant stood up and left under her own steam. He felt relieved that she was able to, along with Savin.
His eyes followed Cheslock for a few seconds, and in a moment of recognition, he conceded, "I know they're not all bad. I just learned the wrong things about 'em first."

Taking Mari's arm, Yorke managed to get up onto one knee, and then haul himself to his feet between the Hospitaller and the wall. Continuing the momentum, he returned to the bed, and sat down heavily, his vision swimming slightly from the change between sitting and standing.

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:45 am

Commissar Cat wrote:"You gonna be okay walking ba-" Paige was cut off by the surprisingly up close Krieger shining a torch in her eyes. She felt too tired to fool around.
"...Before midday. I was knocked out by someone clubbing me." her pupils responded normally, but the Unseen Son's eyes were ringed with black, and her gaze was a little unfocused.

"I don't know how long I was out. But I was flat in the snow for some if it. I reckon that helped stop things getting worse..." Handley was no medic, but understood that ice lowered swelling, in theory.

December nodded simply, performing a few simple sensory tests in quick succession. "Any trouble with your hearing?" She questioned with quiet intensity, snapping her fingers on either side of Paige's head. "Or loss of feelings in extremities? Dizziness or trouble remembering things?" If she had been in the snow, it was possible that it had helped in some small fashion. Or perhaps the woman was just extremely hard-headed and able to shrug off the attack after some rest.

But then she'd also been in the snow for an unknown period of time, exposure to the cold could have at the very least caused some minor damage. She made a mental note to check that as well, but first she needed to see how the guardswoman----(private? She wasn't quite sure of the rank, truth be told. There didn't seem to be any rank insignia upon her uniform)---reacted mentally. If she could keep making full sentences and coherent trains of thought, that would be a good sign. And maybe, just maybe this day would be a little bit better for it.
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

Fate's Characters:
Imperial Guard:
Watchmaster Ash,Medicae Dryden,Nines
PDF/Other:
The Wanderer,Tricia Bennet

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:40 am

Technically, Lourn had arrived a little over a week ago, but he'd been unconscious for that entire time, and had been placed in the downstairs room of the Medicae Ward for the duration. Now, though, he was starting to wake up, attempting to sit up as he blearily looked at the room around him. Of course, his eyes were so unfocused he could barely see anything at the moment, much less make any sense of it.

Still unsure of exactly where he was or what was going on, he slid his feet off the cot and slowly stood up, leaning on a nearby bar for support. Eventually, he found his footing, wobbling forward a few steps before he regained his balance, and slowly limped to the stairway. After staring up the steps for a few seconds, he leaned heavily on the rail and ascended the stairs one by one before bursting into the commotion on the main floor. He stood on the top step, blinking as his eyes tried to refocus.
Last edited by Heart|Soul on Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:05 am

Wilfred hobbled into the medicade. Timberline and jittering like an addict in the middle of self detoxing. Each step seemingly forcing him to take another into his own personal hell. a cold sweat dripped down his neck. his prayer muttering to the Emperor and his angles of fire. Taking a seat in an examination room in waiting. "Holy angle of the forge. hear my plea....let your light guide me to the Emperor in the darkness of the valley....let my sins burn away like the flaws of iron unto its purity of steel....." he said jitting more. It was his eye. He was used to it hurting a bit. A sting here. A sting there. itching like crack a lot.....but for the past day now he felt NOTHING the fear of a infection was slightly worse than the fear of doctors....but only slightly.

"maybe its just better now and im just going to waist there important time...." he said eyeing the door thinking just how fast he could sprint out of there and if he would get in trouble for that.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:30 pm

Good, progress. The Hospitaller nodded at the Commissar’s statement. It was a fact she already was aware of but figured it was best to show acknowledgment. Mari was strong and was able to help him first to his knees and then his feet. She hurriedly followed him as he made his way to his gurney, taking care to look for any signs of losing his footing which thankfully wasn’t necessary.

The orderly Mari commanded earlier was already waiting when they got back. “Thank you. Just set them over there,” she took a moment to look at Cat then whispered, “And then get me some detox.”

The orderly nodded and obeyed. Mari knew that he at least had a concussion but from the eye, his skin pallor, and what he told her suggested that he was suffering from a blood infection, possibly poisoning. There was one surefire way to get it out, and it was by far not the prettiest. First, Mari grabbed the bucket with an ice bag in it.

“Alright Cat, I’m going to have to take your cap off to help your head. I’ll make sure it’s safe,” she said.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:27 am

At the whisper of 'detox', Cat blanched somewhat, despite already being quite pale. He'd not experienced that particular medicine for many years, the last time having been administered by the schola's drill abbot as a 'hangover cure' the morning after his cadet squad had been found AWOL at a local bordello.
It had certainly put Yorke off his drink for some time. He shuddered, already somewhat queasy.

"Sure thing."
Realising he'd gazed off into the distance again, the commissar removed his hat, the only part of him not coated in mud or gore, and placed beside him with a minor lack of coordination.
It revealed the xeno axe's welt and gash up his forehead, the placement better explaining the state of his eye.
"S'just a bump, right?" Cat grinned, "M'face is all I have left at this rate."

December nodded simply, performing a few simple sensory tests in quick succession. "Any trouble with your hearing?" She questioned with quiet intensity, snapping her fingers on either side of Paige's head. "Or loss of feelings in extremities? Dizziness or trouble remembering things?"

"No more than usual- Slow down a bit..." Paige followed December's fingers with a good natured grin, but struggled slightly to keep up with the conversation at the same time.
"I certainly don't feel numb... I just feel exhausted." she gestured to her eyes.

Taking a moment to consider, and making a serious expression for once, Handley shook her head, "Memory is fine, but it's all a bit slow to find it."

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:46 pm

Mari waited as the Commissar took off and set down his cap. It seemed that his wound was worse than she thought. It wasn’t horrible, but the blackness of the wound indicated it was infected.

Commissar Cat wrote:"S'just a bump, right?" Cat grinned, "M'face is all I have left at this rate."

The Hospitaller returned his grin with a soft smile. “Don’t worry, we’ll get it cleaned up,” she gently placed the bag of ice on his head to help with the concussion then put the bucket in his lap, “Here, just in case.”

She turned to grab a rag which she put some antiseptic on. “This is going to sting a little,” she said then started cleaning the wound with it, trying to be as gentle yet thorough as she can. She had a feeling she had a fussy patient.

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:13 pm

His confusion began to clear up, and Lourn started to piece together what was happening, at least at the moment. While he didn't entirely have his wits about him, he hobbled to the middle of the floor, looking around for some kind of authority figure, eventually spotting a commissar being treated. After a moment of thought which involved some strange roundabout logic featuring the assumption that only high-ranking personnel could be treated by high-ranking personnel, he trudged to the Hospitaller and gave her a shaky salute, clearing his throat.

"Private Germaine, ma'am. What can I help with?" His voice wasn't that loud, but she should be within earshot.
Last edited by Heart|Soul on Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:37 am

Balancing the bucket in his lap with his knees, Cat used his bionic hand to hold the ice in place so that Mari could work unhindered. The cool weight was reassuring, and lowered the pain level somewhat, but the commissar could feel it soothing him towards sleep a little.
He didn't react when the wound was dabbed, staring straight ahead to try and keep still. Now that the source of his fears was out of sight, Yorke understood the importance of letting the sister work quickly and thoroughly. The cleaning solution made his eyes water a little, but he understood better than to rub at them.

With his spare hand, Cat shifted some of his unruly hair out of the way of his forehead, and pinned it under the ice pack, quite glad he didn't have access to a mirror at that moment.
He watched Lourn approach, but stayed still for Mari, leaving it to her to best direct the trooper.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:31 pm

Mari made sure to clean out the wound before moving on to the rest of the face. She gave him a small thankful smile when he moved his hair out of her way. It didn’t take very long for her to finish. “There’s that,” she said, “Now I’m going to have to clean out your eye. Seems you got some goop in it in your fight.”

Mari turned to grab the eyebath but was surprised to find a soldier there; a soldier named Private Germaine giving her a salute and asking to help. She was confused for a moment then realized she recognized his uniform only because it was so rare here on base. This was the man who has been in a coma for about a week. He didn't seem to be in the best condition and clearly needed a check-up after being out for so long but she couldn't handle this right now. She looked around for a moment then spotted Jane who wasn’t tending to anyone.

“Go see Metasurgeon Cheslock for a check-up,” She ordered him, pointing her out.

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:09 pm

December paused, her brain catching up. Maybe. Just maybe. That had been too many questions in too short a time.

She cleared her throat softly, inclining her head. "Apologies, Guardswoman." She uttered the words with little emotion, forcing a polite smile to the front of her expression. "From your description of the events and your physical condition, it looks like you have a concussion. You're free to go, though I recommend food, rest and plenty of water. If I submit a request for a week of light duty to your command, will that cause problems for you in your regiment?"

Fate's Characters:
Imperial Guard:
PDF/Other:

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:51 am

Wilfred felt a shiver. Sitting on the edge of the cot. A whole lot of injured from the last mission and here he is over a few little cuts. He felt cold sweat drip down his back as his intestines started to turn and knot. He laid back on the cot. and turned to his right side so that he was not resting on his bad leg. his real hand gripping onto the cot tightly. Holding onto the cool metal of the cot he continued his muttered prayer.

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:03 am

Lourn gave a blank nod and a half-murmured "Yes'm" to Mari before shuffling off in the direction of the Metasurgeon. He looked around again, taking in as many details as the fog around his mind would let him.

Did something happen? 'Course something happened. But what? Actually, now that I think about it, where am I?

He was so lost in thought that he nearly barged into Cheslock, thankfully stopping before crashing into her. Standing at attention as best he could, he reported in as clear a voice as he could manage, "I was told to get a check-up from you. Sir."

He wobbled a bit as he tried to maintain his balance as he craned his neck to look at her.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:59 pm

Paige smiled tiredly at the concern, "Won't be necessary; I am my own command, ma'am. One of the perks of being a rather hard face to remember." she clarified before it appeared that the concussion had caused her to speak any real gibberish, "Nobody notices me, and I don't aspire to be noticed."

Saluting anyway, she stood up slowly, "Ma'am, am I allowed to take anything? It feels like my skull is too small for all the rattling inside it at the moment."

Cat sat still and quiet again for the eye bath, though it seemed after clearing the xeno pollutants Mari had flushed away, the strange filmy colour to his eye would slowly build back up after each rinse. Either his body was massively over-reacting to the introduction of kroot blood, or it was an intentional effect of a toxin, possibly both.
"Foggy." he murmured, but still being cooperative and not rubbing at his face, "Hurts less though. Not gritty now."

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:57 am

Mari would wash his eye multiple times. She could see there was progress but a film would start to develop every time. Perhaps this was a reaction from the toxin. Realizing she could do nothing else for it, she set her materials down to pick up new ones. “Here. If your eye gets too gunky then pat it out. Don’t rub and be gentle,” she gave him a clean, folded rag stip. After he would do so she would pick up a needle and thread. “I hate to say this but I’m going to need to stitch up your head wound,” she said.

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:34 am

having finished her work with neskovich, the metasurgeon took a moment to pack away her tools before turning to look at Lourn.

"ah, yes. you should not be up and walking around just yet, afterall you have spent the last 7 days in a coma" she told the private as she led him back to his cot "now, lie still and follow this light" after getting him back into his cot, the torch on one of her 'dendrites lit up and slowly moved back and forth across the mans field of vision. "how many fingers am i holding up?" she held up three fingers on one hand.

while this was going on, her medicae and optical dendrite sneaked over to the cot behind her, carefully scanning wilfred as he lay prone, taking particular interest in his eye bandage and how he was holding up his leg

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:39 am

Yorke nodded, the eye bath had been a relief, he could now blink without aggravation and pain... His body prioritised the next issue, and decided it was time for sleep.
Swaying slightly, Cat nodded again, "I'm gonna lean back... I'm not gonna pass out... Bu' I don't wanna fall over on you..." the commissar shuffled properly up the bed until his back hit the fold in the thin mattress, and he leaned back into the angle. he inclined his head so Mari had good access, which gave him a quizzical expression.

Cat rolled the fabric into a small pad and held it up beneath his eyebrow, a barrier should the wound bleed again as it was closed.
"Maybe I can sleep through it." he smiled, it certainly felt possible at this point.

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:06 pm

Lourn obediently sat on the cot, wincing as pain shot up his left shin. He followed the mechadendrite with no issues, though his pupils remained a bit too dilated to be comfortable with.

When asked to count her fingers, he blinked a few times before answering, "Um... Three."

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:38 pm

December's ears tried to comprehend exactly what the woman had said. And truly, the only way it made any sort of sense was that the woman in front of her was some sort of officer rank. When Paige saluted, she saluted back sharply, heels clicking together even as her brain realized that maybe what she had heard and what the woman had said didn't quite amount to the same thing. Her eyes crossed for the briefest of moments as she tried to reconcile what she knew of Guard command structure with what Paige had just told her.

A medical question though---that she could answer and it didn't involve any sort of confusion as to rank. With an almost grateful expression she nodded, slipping a hand into one of the pouches in her coat and withdrawing several paper-wrapped tablets that she proffered to the guardswoman of confusing rank. "Take these, no more than four a day. Check with medical personnel if you run out and the headaches keep up. And don't take anything that might have blood-thinning properties. If you're not sure, ask."

Fate's Characters:
Imperial Guard:
PDF/Other: