[OPEN] Medicae Ward

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Riveris

Postby Riveris » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:51 pm

The scan was showing his regestry number from his tattoos matching his look and regiment and name. As well as showing her four things. Three augmated body parts and the injury. the right hand was a standard issue guard regiment replacement. Signs of slight irritation on the skin of where the flesh and steel met but nothing that would raise issue. His left leg that was careful will. same issue. Agumated from the thigh down though there are slight signs of the start of infection around the joints. possibility from a rushed operation to save the leg. Deeper scans showing a slightly more advanced non standard issue spinal augmentation. Mechanics issue. Very professional work done on it. no damage to the tissue. The only signs of scarring from clear use of scaple. The seemingly only voluntary augmatic part of his body. Due to the layers of bandages used on his eye. information was a bit more blurry. a few shards of glass and metal picked up. small easy to miss to the non augmented. possibility of infection likely. due to the xeno environment he was in exacerbating the wound more. As well as the freshest of any of his injury's. His average beat was rasing to 90 beats per minute. Clear signs of a panic attack.

Wilfred himself continued his prayer. a mewl excapeing his throat. He had to leave. He just had to. This is where bad things happen. He started to get himself up. his trembling body taking time to register his movement as he went for his pack. juttering and fumbling with the straps of his armor he took off earlier. sitting down on the cot as he fumbled with them.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:06 am

Mari was ready if the Commissar fell but thankfully it wasn’t needed. She was slightly impressed he was coherent enough to think about shielding his eye from any blood with the pad she gave him for his eye. He commented how he wanted to take a nap. The Hospitaller cleaned the needle off with some antiseptic then threaded the needle as she said, “For this part, perhaps. It might sting a little but I won’t let you fall over if you do.”

Sure, he was a 6’ 10” man but she was a former Battle Sister with a bionic arm. She could handle him if she had to. She leaned over him then started her work, stitching together the wound over his eye, being careful not to go to deep or draw too much blood. Any time some bubbled she would quickly wipe it up before it reached his pad. It took a while but eventually her task was done. She took a moment to scrutinize her work, believing that she did a pretty good job. She grabbed some gauze, rolled up a pad and put some antiseptic on it, put it over his head wound, then wrapped his head tightly a few times to hold the pad, then tied it off.

“How does that feel?” Mari asked. Being too tight would cut circulation while too loose would mean it’s not doing its job.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

LaxKnight's Character Hub

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:06 am

cheslock frowned from behind her helm as she examined the data coming in from the patient behind her as she noted lourns delayed response and his pupils remaining dialated, the hiss of pain and the way he nursed his leg was also noted.

possible fracture of the left shin, still showing signs of delayed response due to the concussion.

"can you tell me your name? do you remember anything prior to waking up in here?" wilfred shifting in his cot got the metasurgeon's attention "one moment, direct your response to the infoslave skull here" she gestured to the skull drone in question before turning around to look at wilfed, who by this stage was clearly panicking and looking for a way out

"easy there." she cooed in the most soothing tone she could manage, opening up the visor plate on her helm so he could see her unaugmented face "you are among friends, no one here is going to do anything to you without your permission." she looked up towards one of the entrances "would you like to go and get some fresh air?" jane then offered a hand for him to grasp if he so wished "i can also provide some tea if it would help."

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:42 am

Lourn nodded and turned to the servoskull as Cheslock moved away.

"Lourn Germaine. Private. Phantine Air Corps. I remember our raid. Guard had just arrived. First wave. Tau fighters came out of nowhere. I was shot down. I- I ejected. The next thing I remember is walking with gear that wasn't mine. There was a field of grass. Some woods. Then... then I woke up here."

He fell silent as a series of thoughts ran through his mind.

How did I get out of there? How did I get here? What even is...

He looked at the skull again. "Ma'am, where are we? Are we near the capital, or...?" His voice trailed off again as another question entered his mind, one he was almost afraid of asking, that he almost didn't want the answer to. When he spoke again, there was a significant quaver in his voice. "How long was I out there?"
Last edited by Heart|Soul on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:09 pm

Confused by December's reaction, Paige decided not to query it. She was not about to contemplate other people's odd behaviour while so fuzzy herself.

"Thank you ma'am." Paige nodded, taking the package. She worked one tablet loose of the wrapping and pocketed the rest.
Swallowing it dry, it woukd seem that the Unseen Son wasn't on the beg for pills, and had genuine need. She wandered to a wall basin and cupped a handful of water to her mouth to ease the tablet down.
"I'll leave you to your work, thank you for taking the time." she nodded and scurried for the exit, hoping this time to get away before people started asking questions.

Pausing to watch the dazed Lourn talking to the servo skull, Paige sighed and fought down her maternal urge to help. The medic had said to rest, and for once, Handley bowed to the higher authority on the matter.

Yorke stayed still as Mari worked, laying back against the bed support, and letting his mind drift a little.
The needle tugging at his face was strange, but compared to the burning in his sinuses and the pounding headache, the stitches hardly registered.
Now the panic had worn off, the commissar's body had returned from fight or flight to its natural state of wanting to sleep.

Cat didn't quite manage to doze off, but he certainly zoned out during the procedure. The bandaging woke him from the daze, and the sounds and lights of the ward pushed back into his consciousness.

How does that feel?
Cat blinked muzzily for a second, and attempted to gauge what was going on around his own head, "I'm aware of it, but it's not pinching." he lowered his hand from his eye, which while it was still bright red and weeping the filmy liquid, had stayed clear of any blood.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:30 pm

That was good to hear. “I’ll be back in a moment. I need to get some water,” Mari said. She stepped out of view to see the orderly waiting for her with a bottle of water and a syringe of detox. She loaded it into one of her needles on her arm-mounted chirurgeon's tools. Almost anyone knowing they were going to get detoxed would likely panic and a Commissar, while less likely, would likely be no different, especially given Cat’s state. As she gauged the dosage she needed the thought came that what she was about to do was dishonest in a way. It was a thought that always gave her pause every time she was about to do something similar. To her, this was good, because it meant she knew what she was doing wasn’t ‘the norm’. However, like every time this happened, she would reaffirm that she was doing this for the good of the God-Emperor’s followers so they can better serve Him. This time was no exception. She gave a test squirt, wiped it off, then continued her task.

When Mari returned to Cat she closed the curtains behind her. No one would want to see what was about to transpire. She gave him a warm smile as she moved toward him. “Let’s see if you did anything while I was away,” she moved to check on his head wound. As she moved it around a bit, her arm maneuvered so that the needle on her arm-mounted chirurgeon’s tools gently poked his neck and quickly delivered its payload. “Sorry about that. Here’s some water,” she said, playing it off like an accident and handing him the bottle.

Mari took a few steps back to wipe her needle and put on her respirator. “I regret to inform you that in order for you to get better, you will feel worse. You have been given some detox to flush out any infections or toxins in your blood,” she then pointed to the bucket, “I recommend throwing up in the bucket and drinking water to replace lost fluids.”

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:31 am

His heart rate spiked to a 94 as she came in. but did settle back down at a 90. "t-tea?" She was going to give tea to a coward who couldn't face the doctor. Like a child afraid of getting his shots.the nagging thoughts in his mind of it being drugged so they could cut him up all over again nagged at him from the back of his skull. But he complied slowly pushing the yelling thoughts away as he placed his gear in his arms back down. Still trembling. The cold sweat sent a shiver down the remaining nerves of his spine. He looked at the hand. Thinking that it was the offer to leave. He couldn't just do that.He needed the help. After a moment that to him felt like hours he placed his hands onto his knees calmly. "I....I..." he swallowed hard his voice lost in his throat for a moment. "Id hate to be a bother Ma'am." He let a jitter escape for a moment. His eye darted around for a moment before looking at her human face. Letting out a long breath to try and ease his nerves. "you must have more important matters to attend to..."

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:24 am

Yorke felt some unease at the curtain was pulled closed. Even in his addled state, he understood that it meant privacy. Either the hospitaller was going to force him to take his jacket off, or Cat somehow was more badly injured than he had surmised, or the detox was going ahead.
Cat wouldn't have taken bets on which was more likely, confused as he was.

At the prick against his neck, the groggy commissar didn't react, assuming Mari had maybe caught part of the dressing adhesive, or some remnant of the battle still stuck in his hairline.

With his remaining clear eye, Cat watched the sister as she explained, and his expression changed from puzzled to doleful. He felt a little hurt that she hadn't trusted him to behave calmly, but after his reaction to the horror earlier, it registered that he hadn't deserved the chance.
"It is what it is." he murmured softly.

Heat began to build rapidly in his muscles, and Yorke sat up, and quickly unbuttoned his heavy greatcoat after all, shrugging it off behind him onto the bed. He wasn't sure if it was the air or himself that was starting to burn, but he understood enough to swig from the water while he could.
Cat's eyes started to water, and he felt the sweat building on his neck, as he took in his last few clear breaths and water for a while.

The sound of one officer rapidly and repeatedly bringing up his breakfast and previous day's meals filled the immediate area for some time. Punctuated by spitting and rinsing, at least the water was serving some purpose, as there was no time to swallow.
When he was finally able to pause for breath, Yorke clung to the bucket edge and mumbled, "I think that's me done."

Bleary-eyed but conscious, his one good eye had been streaking tears down his face, while the other seemed to have produced unpleasantly opaque fluid, before eventually running clear like the other. The filmy sheen had cleared also, though the eye was still the deep red of damaged blood vessels surrounded by much more common bruising.

Yorke relinquished his bucket and finished his water bottle before curling up on his side on the bed and electing to sleep.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:00 am

Seeing the understanding and slight betrayal in Cat’s eyes, Mari gave a sad frown that was hidden behind her respirator. She then got on her knees and started praying as the detox did its work. It was unlikely that he heard or remembered much from all the retching but he would likely catch snippets about how she asked the God-Emperor to purge the unclean from his body, that she wished for the drug run through him quickly, that his pain to be eased, that his recovery be swift, and that He watched over him.

When she heard him say that he was probably done, Mari finished her prayer and stood back up. She looked him over and found that he seemed to have curled up to sleep. Seeing that the Detox had done most of its work, she left for a few minutes to return with a clipboard, a zip bag with some pills, and new rags. Setting them down, she gently shook his shoulder to wake him.

“Commissar? You awake?” she asked.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:21 am

"If I say yes, are you going to jab me again?" one eye half-opened.

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:27 am

"it's ok, take your time, you're not a bother." jane replied softly "my role is to help ease the pain and suffering of others so that their wounds may heal, be it wounds of the flesh or the mind." she looked over the mans right arm, noting the tangled mess of scar tissue and signs of inflammation where the bionic met the skin as her gaze traveled up towards the bandage covering his eye

"your eye, is it alright if i take a look? my scanner picked up traces of shrapnel still embedded in the area" the metasurgeon paused, "feel free to remove the bandage at your own pace. if you do not wish for me to look then that is ok. from the scan result all that is really needed is a change to a fresh dressing and a poultice to treat any current infection and prevent any future infection from taking hold, but if possible and with your blessing we can see about getting the shrapnel fragments removed carefully so that the surrounding area can heal properly."

Heart|Soul wrote:Lourn nodded and turned to the servoskull as Cheslock moved away.

"Lourn Germaine. Private. Phantine Air Corps. I remember our raid. Guard had just arrived. First wave. Tau fighters came out of nowhere. I was shot down. I- I ejected. The next thing I remember is walking with gear that wasn't mine. There was a field of grass. Some woods. Then... then I woke up here."

He fell silent as a series of thoughts ran through his mind.

How did I get out of there? How did I get here? What even is...

He looked at the skull again. "Ma'am, where are we? Are we near the capital, or...?" His voice trailed off again as another question entered his mind, one he was almost afraid of asking, that he almost didn't want the answer to. When he spoke again, there was a significant quaver in his voice. "How long was I out there?"

the servo skull hovered patiently and made several sounds as it collated and logged the audio data fed to it, pausing at the private's question before making a few more sounds as its vox-hailer came to life

++present location is the Astra Militarum Garrison base located in the main capital of Naris, the largest of the islands that make up the total landmass of Planet Valmaria. length of time spent in field prior to contact with imperial forces is *WARNING: access denied. level clearance Cyan Gamma required to access this file. as authorised by; Commissar Fernstrum Holt*. according to current calendar data it has been roughly 6 standard Terran months and 14 solar days since the initial assault on Naris was first conducted.++

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:07 pm

Wilfred took a breath. and nodded slowly. taking his hands and unrapping the wound. His eye was a milky white only a single sliver of green remained in that eye. Streaks of red around the iris. The flesh around the wound was black and blue with bruses . Yellow puss crusting around deeper wounds scattered around it. A unhealthy sickly color where impact shard wounds where left in deep. He swallowed hard and he looked at jane and said softly "I cant feel it anymore..." his heart rate was going up again.

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:40 pm

Lourn's reaction to Cat's audible side effects to the detox was not subtle by any means. He instinctively clambered onto the bed and halfway up the wall before he recognized what was happening, then lowered himself into the bed, feeling a bit sick himself.

The commissar's unfortunate incident was a blessing in disguise in Lourn's case. The sudden adrenaline rush gave his mind a greater sense of awareness and let him think more clearly, although the concussion was still a very serious issue. On the other hand, the constant, dull throbbing in his leg felt worse, as well. Par for the course, in his opinion.

When the skull told him where he was, he let out a sigh of relief and let out a laugh. He'd made it back. He finally did it. It only took him... Oh.

When he registered just how long it had been, he looked forwards, falling quiet and becoming almost perfectly still.

6 months. I'd be 24 then, wouldn't I?

He couldn't find anything to say to respond to that piece of info, so he forced himself to focus on the rest of it. Cyan Gamma. That rung a bell, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Holt, though...

"Who's Commissar Holt? I've never heard of him."
Last edited by Heart|Soul on Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:34 am

Mari heard his small question and gave an equally small sympathetic smile under her respirator. “I'm done with that for today,” the Hospitaller Advance said, “In fact, once I clean you up and check the bandage I’m going to discharge you.”

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:57 am

The Krieger medicae checked her gear once more out of habit, trying not too listen to closely to the sounds of wretching that emanated from the Commissar behind the curtain.

A survey of the room seemed to indicate that everyone was, for the moment at least, being taken care of. With no obvious signs of wounded in need, she settled down onto a battered, squeaky stool and started marking off a medication chart. Indicating what medical supplies she had used so far this shift.

As she delicately wrote on a mangled clipboard, she kept an ear and wary eye out for any sign of need from either patients or the other medical staff on site.

((Ooc: essentially leaving the scene unless someone new comes in or the other characters need her. ))
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

Fate's Characters:
Imperial Guard:
Watchmaster Ash,Medicae Dryden,Nines
PDF/Other:
The Wanderer,Tricia Bennet

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:04 pm

Heart|Soul wrote:"Who's Commissar Holt? I've never heard of him."

"He's the head boy in these parts." Paige had circled back around and sat down next to Lourn with a cup of water in each hand, passing one to him. Despite her need for sleep, it seemed her instincts had taken over.
"Not to be confused with the commissar behind the curtain. Holt is the sane one, and then there's two Majors; Krugerman, she's logistics, and Keegan... Just stay away from him. He's the loudest dog, and not without reason."

LaxKnight wrote:Mari heard his small question and gave an equally small sympathetic smile under her respirator. “I'm done with that for today,” the Hospitaller Advance said, “In fact, once I clean you up and check the bandage I’m going to discharge you.”
Preferring to take this honesty at face value, Cat nodded and uncurled.
"M'head hurts." he mumbled, "All the way through."

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:21 am

Lourn gladly takes the water, guzzling it, stopping only to take a breath. He scoots over a bit to make room for Paige.

"Keegan. Right."

He thinks for a second.

"Where's De Puttin? And Captain Belfast? And the Lord Commissar? What happened to them?"

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:37 am

if Cheslock was concerned about the condition of Wilfred's eye wound she didn't show it, dutifully picking a set of tweezers in one hand and holding a kidney bowl with her other "do not worry" she consoled the trooper "it's nothing that we cannot take care off, it is fortuitous that the fragments have not been grown over by fresh skin, they can be removed without the need for any incisions to be made. Now, with your blessing i shall begin, and i ask that you remain absolutely still."

after waiting for the go ahead the metasurgeon went to work, slowly and meticulously removing each fragment with the utmost care, the only sounds being a dull 'tink' noise as each one of the pieces made contact with the steel of the kidney bowl and a tune that resonated through the vox speakers in her helm at a low volumne

meanwhile the servoskull remained in its position, seemingly unfussed by paige coming over to speak to the pilot, when he posted another question about the current state of high command however it instantly responded before the unseen son could say anything.
++Status: Major General De Puttin. Captain Belfast. and Lord Commissar Abraham; Killed In Action. Martyred in the Emperors name.++ the words hung there for a moment as if held aloft by the skulls gravatic motors before it floated away, moving over to address the krieger medic

++Medicae Dryden, Metasurgeon Cheslock requires fresh bandages and poultice solution as treatment for shrapnel lacerations inflicted on patient++

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:19 pm

Lourn once again fell silent at the servoskull's answer. The entire leadership he'd known was gone and replaced. He likely didn't know anyone here. This was easily shaping up to be the second worst day of his life. His eyes snapping back up, he forced a smile as he leaned forward towards Paige and extended a hand, eager to change the subject.

"We didn't actually introduce ourselves, did we? I'm Lourn."

As he leans forward, it would become more apparent to Paige that his armor didn't quite fit him, moving in awkward directions, as if it were made for someone larger than he.
Last edited by Heart|Soul on Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:47 pm

"Here. This should help for now," Mari pulled out a new bag of ice and gently placed it on Cat's head, “Sleep will help with everything else, but right now we need to get you cleaned up.”

With that said, the Hospitaller began wiping his face with a damp rag. As she did so she took some time to look at his bandage and fixed it accordingly which was thankfully minor. In about a few minutes she stood back to assess her work and gave a satisfied nod.

“There,” she then grabbed her clipboard, “Now it may be hard, but listen carefully. While I’m fairly sure the Detox is done, do not ingest anything besides water for at least an hour.”

She took a moment to look at the Commissar. “Are you following me so far?”