[OPEN] North Barracks

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:41 am

When Hat jumped at the hand on her shoulder, Joseph couldn't help doing an involuntary jump himself. Only now did he consider that such an action might startle her. At least he could confirm that there was something up when she turned away at his question. After a moment she turned back and explained her plight, at which the Bacaran realized his error. He had gotten so caught up in his depiction of his homeland that he hadn't considered how it would effect his friend. He had come to learn over the years in the BLM how blessed he had been to live on Te Harinui, which gave Hat's words even more weight. Joseph looked down at his feet, he couldn't help but feel horrid for upsetting his friend through his own ignorance. He wished he could make it better, at least make up for his insensitivity. But how could he? It's not like he could get her to Te Harinui so she could see for herself..

Or could he...

It was at this point that Joseph had an idea. It wasn't exactly the best or most cunning of plans, but it was possible, which to Joseph meant it was worth its salt and worth a go! A mischievous smile crept up the corner of his face as he turn to Hat once again. "You want to know a secret Hat?" he grinned before looking to the left, right and everywhere else in a rather over exaggerated manner. After the comical act he leaned in and continued in a hushed tone "Most of us Bacarans don't intend to die! We're all doing our best to survive because we're all trying to get back home. We won't desert whist there is fight to be done, but once there isn't any fighting to be done and we've ether lost too many to continue fighting or get forgotten in the paper work, will start making our way back home. Though don't tell any commanders, they'll most likely try to prevent us some how.". Through out the entirety of his whispering, it is very clear that he is being rather silly about it. An over exaggerated wink at the end confirms that he is quite literally 'taking the Micky' out of himself.

As Joseph leans out once more returns to a more normal tone "But on a more serious note, me and most of the brothers intend to make it home once more. Now.. the Bacaran Labour Militia, like every other bunch of guard on this rock, has had loses. And with the mess that command is, we have been constantly split and attached to other squads and battle groups to support them. So say.. I don't know.. we had somehow obtain another soldier in our ranks? Our current commander is a prick from the second sons with a hairy caterpillar on his face who would have as much of a clue about who is actually under his command as he would on tactically concealment. Those left who would have an idea ether wouldn't care or be more than happy to have more pers in the militia. Therefore.. if we where to have an extra member by the end of this campaign..." at this point Joseph starts to spin his hand as if it's helping him to think, though it is quite obvious that his gesture is pointing in Hat's general direction. "...they wouldn't think twice about it. And if we so happen to find ourselves.. o I don't know.. make our way eventually back to say.. Te Harinui? Well, I can't see into the future, but I'd say it's rather good odds. Wouldn't you say so yourself Hat?"
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:25 am

Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:22 am

She seemed to be taken back by the statement, and to be honest it was far enough. Joseph could see many people labeling his plan as outrageous. As Hat final found her voice to reply she highlighted something the Bacaran had neglected to consider; although his command wouldn't probably notice, her command might. Once more one of his supposedly good ideas had turned out to be a half-baked wonder. But that was okay, his plans were usually hit and miss. As the sheepish chemy finished, Joseph gave a light hearted and almost comical shrug as he returned the smile. "That's all good. I can see your point, though if we make it to the end of this and you feel differently about it, the offer will still be there." He continues to smile warmly with his friend as he carries on "True that, it's tiring, but a good job. Though save some fire and explosives for me aye? Although I'm not yet allowed a rifle, that doesn't mean I don't intend to have such fun myself."
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:22 am

Hat seemed to relax after his comments. She was afraid that she would hurt him but was glad he seemed to take it well. Her smile gained more confidence as he talked more. She nodded in agreement.

"Well, I could give you a grenade now. Or a lighter," she suggested, "Help that itch a little though I'm curious; do you guys get swords and stuff to fight with if you have no guns?"

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:18 am

//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:05 am

Hat smiled. She reached for one of her Frag grenades on her chest as he spoke about why he didn't have a sword or something. It sounded like they used a lot of improvised gear. She could understand, sometimes there wasn't much in the field or something was important that the Chem-Dogs needed to work that broke so they had to make due with fixing or using things from scrap, much to the dismay of Tech Priests, He then brought out his E-tool and he made a show of it as if it were a master-crafted sword. He held it out before her as her hazel eyes scanned it. Though it seemed pretty ordinary, she could spot some dried blood from a battle that refused to be forgotten so easily with a clean. The tinge of pride in his voice, the way he spoke of it, and how he seemed to restrain himself from going on made her realize that this was likely one of his most prized possessions. Understandable since it saved his life multiple times. She wasn't quite sure how to respond to this.

"That's a lucky shovel, to be in your hands. The machine spirit inside must really love you," she did her best to sound sincere. It was all she could really muster up. It was hard to compliment a shovel.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:16 pm

Joseph pondered for a moment, he'd never thought about his simple shovel having a machine spirit. He didn't know much about how it machine spirits worked, but the idea of his e tool being so blessed brought a smile to his face as he placed it way. "Yea, I guess so. And what about your own equipment? You have quite a few nice hats, tell me more about your collection."

Although this was only there second meeting, Joseph had notice a lot about Nat. Her uniform would resemble those of the off-worlders who would come to work in or oversee the mines on Te Harinui. Her gas mask on the other hand reminded him of some of the sea creatures which inhabited the sea bed back home. There was also the burnt hair and hands, obviously from her time using a flamer in combat. Such things where common with Guard, everyone eventually got a scar of some sort. Though even with such give away features, she was still a very unique individual with her own quirks which prompted Joseph curiosity.
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:02 am

Hat's eyes lit up with both excitement and surprise once he asked about her hat collection. She can't remember the last time someone asked about it, only knowing that's it's rare. Joy and giddiness flooded her brain, making her bounce up and down a bit but made it hard figure out where to start. "My hats! Oh, my hats! Someone wants to see them!" she said to no one in particular but then turned to Joseph, "Well, I don't have the biggest collection but more than anyone here, that's for sure. Unless it was a hat store."

She got to her bag and opened it but then paused, thinking for a moment before turning to him. "I guess I should tell you that I really really really love hats. And I name all of mine," she pointed to the read beanie on her head, "This is Regina. She's a little modest but she likes to stand out in a crowd."

She reached down into her big duffle bag as she tried to search for the next one. She looked back to him and asked, "Do you want to see my favorite? Don't tell anyone else though, they might get jealous."

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:04 pm

It was peculiar, boarding fascinating to watch the excitement build up in the small woman till the point where she could no longer contain it. Although he wasn't surprised, the overflow was unexpected. But Hat's radiation of joy over her collection provide contagious as the Bacaran found the giddiness welling up inside of him too. He had always enjoyed the simpler pleasures of life and to have his Hat share something so important to her was a great privilege.

"No need to be modest about it, I can already tell that it's an impressive collection." Joseph beamed as she try to play it down through comparisons. When Hat paused to make clear her passion Joseph was unfazed, but when she said she named her hats, his curiosity intensified. She did mention that his shovel may have a machine spirit, it wasn't such a leap to say that hat could have them too. For a moment he steered at her red beanie and then to his own black one draped off the top of his dome. Did his hat have a name? Before he could voice his thoughts, she offer to show the jewel of her collection. "Don't worry, I won't tell a soul." he smiled back, looking at the duffle bag in expectation.
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:29 am

Hat blushed when Joseph said she had an impressive collection of hats. There can always be more but she was the only one she knew that had so many, especially with such variety. He seemed to talk about people when she meant her other hats but she was still encouraged by his words. It didn't take long until her hands felt something smooth, metallic, and round. She smiled and turned her head to him.

"Meet Bob Jr," she said as, with special reverence, she pulled out her prize. It was a helmet: metal and round but not a standard Cadian pattern. On the front of it was an Aquilla. It belonged to a member of the Armageddon Steel Legion, though whether Joseph knew that or not was a different question. Hat beamed as she held it out so he can see the relic in all of its glory. "Do you like him?" she asked.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:40 pm

Joseph took a closer look at Bob Jr. It wasn't the flamboyant and colourful hat he'd expected to see, but instead a more simplistic metal casted helmet. Yet it said a lot about itself along with Hat's own personality and preferences. It was as if Bob spoke to him in its own way, no wonder she named them.

"I like bob, he's simple. He's also good reliable looking helmet." He smiled up at Hat before returning his eyes to the smaller details of Bob. Though just looking wouldn't answer the questions he now had. "If you don't mind, I do have a few though. I haven't ever seen this design, where did you get him and how? Also, if he's Bob Jr, is there a Bob senior?" he inquired.
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:20 am

Joseph seemed to really like Bob Jr. This made Hat happy but it only showed through her excited eyes and beaming smile. She kept it still so he could properly look at it. He called it simple, yet reliable. She supposed that was a fairly accurate description of it. He stated he wasn't aware of where the helmet's design came from, inquiring how she acquired it, and then added onto it that he was curious if there was a Bob Senior.

She wasn't surprised by any of these questions for they have come up almost every time she decided to show her prized jewel. She grew a little more solemn as she prepared to tell her tale of Bob Jr. "Well, Bob Jr here came from the head of a good man named Bob, a Steel Legionnaire from Armageddon. It may be kind of hard to believe but I fought there," she looked down at her helmet, "It's as bad as everyone says it is. Toxic and filled with Orks. Since Savlar is close to it, it's fairly common for Chem-Dogs to be sent there. So when I was over there I met a Steel Legionnaire named Bob. He was the first one to ask me about my hat collection. It was fairly small at the time, just a few beanies and caps. He was simple and reliable. And nice. He said I can have his helmet if he died."

Her tone grew a little more melancholy as she looked at the helmet, almost like she was seeing the soul inside. "Bob Senor... we went up against Orks and... I think the rest is kind of obvious," there was a sad silence for a moment that really bothered her. She can't have this. Hat looked up at Joseph then asked, "Would you like to hold him?"

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:57 pm

//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:26 am

Hat seemed to appreciate the value she placed on Bob Jr as he carefully took the offered helmet. She watched as he looked it over. She trusted him, she really did, but it was her most prized possession. She only felt truly relaxed when he said he liked the helmet, showing it with a smile. He then asked if she wore the helmet into battle.

"A good amount of times. That little nick there is when I fought a traitor here with a knife. He was kind of a surprise so I couldn't flame him in time," she frowned at the thought but then smiled when she recalled something, "Got him in the end though. Anyway, I tend to wear him when I expect so real fighting. Looks better, fits better, and more character than a Cadian one, thanks to Bob."

She paused then added, "You can try him on if you want. You can't keep him though. That's how people get hurt."

She gave a half-joking giggle to lighten her last comment up.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:41 am

"Nice, always good to come out on top in such a situation." Joseph grinned, a slight chuckle in his voice. Though his grin only extended as Hat gave h permission to try the head protection.

"I can? Cheers Hat!". He hadn't had a high opinion of helmet since he had been knock out cold by an by the only one he ever had. But Bob Jr look like it didn't have the same limitations, making Hat's offer a chance to change his view. Pulling down his own Bennie to keep his hair tamed, he place the helmet on his head and adjust it with a slight wiggle. It was a sung fit with the bennie, warm too. Though as he looked around, he could see as clearly as he could without it.

"I like it." He smiled, tilting his head back to get a clear view of his friend. "Your right, looks and feels better! I'll need to find one myself. Or at least a helmet as good.". He removed Bob Jr from his own dome and gentle handed it back to Hat. "By the way, does my hat have a name?"
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:19 pm

Hat smiled when she saw her friend try it on. It seems he was like minded on how great Bob Jr was. After a little bit of testing it seemed to fit him well. She graciously accepted her helmet back and reverently put him back in her pack. As she did so he asked if his hat had a name. "She's yours now. You can name her whatever you want," she answered.

"Hat! Hat! Where the frak are you?" A voice could be heard.

Hat tensed. "That's my boss," she said as she zipped and clipped her bag up, "I've got to go."

She hefted her pack on her back. "It was nice to see you. I hope you don't get into too much trouble for those packs," she added.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:30 am

//

Hey Ricky

Postby Hey Ricky » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:05 am

Having given up on trying to sleep, Ricky looked up with some small hope that perhaps now the chatter had ended, he could get some rest.
The Cadian looked exhausted, but didn't bear any grudges. It was his own fault for attempting to rest during the day.

With a quiet, hopeful sigh, he rolled over and closed his eyes.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:44 pm

[[Timeskip!!]]

It was relatively quiet around the North Barracks as a feminine figure dressed in a blue robe approached. While clearly out of place, the symbol of the Munitorum on her robe and the sack she carried on her back told of what purpose that might have brought her here. Her hood was down allowing her dirt brown hair to sit on her shoulders as her emerald eyes squinted to see if she was indeed at the right place. She walked up to it and gave a small knock on the door.

Archer

Postby Archer » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Luca had been awake about thirty minutes, he'd returned from the showers and gotten his black fatigue pants on before he started to brush his teeth. He heard a knock at the door of the barracks, the redhead came to it opening the door toothbrush hanging in his mouth a glass of water to rinse in hand. His hair tousled and still damp through he wasn't on duty yet so his appearance didn't matter inside the barracks. Taking a moment to rinse his mouth he stepped out shirtless to look at the women. "I'd invite you in but the others get cranky if people get to talking and keeping them awake." He explained why he was speaking to her outside. "You need something ma'am? I'll happily help with you need, I've got a little time before I need to head out for guard duty."