[SEMI-OPEN/PM] Cpt. Johannes Wyss, Office, 9453/554th Death Korps HQ

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu May 11, 2017 3:15 pm

Forewarning

This Thread is inspired by DeMarchese's thread "Munitorum Depot A-8" kudos to him.
This is a way to directly speak with Unit #9543/1-101 Captain Johannes Wyss, via appointments with him in his office in the Death Korps HQ, This is a separate thread to allow the "Death Korps HQ" Thread to progress without interference with ongoing scenes or causing Paradoxes.
If you want to have an appointment with the Captain, apply for entry by sending a PM to my account and you will receive response bearing the position you occupy in the waiting list.
Or you can barge in, though I am not certain how a Death Korps Captain will react to that when he keeps a Laspistol on the table at all times. You can try, I am not going to stop you...
Last edited by Johannes Wyss von Krieg on Thu May 11, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

/

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu May 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Enter the 554th Death Korps Compound, pass security, be given a white armband to show that you are authorized, enter the underground network, enter the 9453rd Company complex, turn left and you'll find yourself standing in front of a heavy sliding metal door, upon a black plaque a white engravement describes the room before you:

Office Plaque.png
Office Plaque.png (8.92 KiB) Viewed 5584 times

You open the door into the office when you are allowed, and see the contents:
fcdea463ea08754b4092b1d623bc04aa.jpg
fcdea463ea08754b4092b1d623bc04aa.jpg (11.54 KiB) Viewed 5584 times

This is the Office of Unit #9453/101 or more commonly known as Captain Johannes Wyss to non-Krieger who happened to recieve or God-Emperor forbid, ask, for an appointment. Placed next to his unit's barracks, away from the rest of the Officers and the Regimental Command.
inside, the room is surprisingly pleasant -As much as it could be allowed for a Death Korps Officer anyway with the constrictions on space and decoration:
Despite being several good metres underground, the room is well lit: Well, Enough for reading the many books in the library anyway, so a bit gloomy to be exact. But oh so many books!
Military Theory, Military History, Tactics and Large-Scale Strategies, Effects of both Regular and Marshal Law Policies on the Population, Espionage and it's Interception, Religious Texts including the full edition of the Lectitio Divinitatus, Personnel and Stationary Camouflage, Morale effects on the battlefield, Drilling, Narisian Fauna and Flora, Plastic Painting, Miniature Modelling and so on...
The metal Table and walls are covered in smoothed and polished Narisian Wood, harvested and processed by the Captain on his own Freizeit. Without burdening the Administratum for supplies. He will never interfere with the supplies distribution, there's a war to win.

The rest of the Office is very utilitarian in design, carefully stacked paperwork on the left side of the table -not allowed to remain unaddressed for more than 2 days so the paper and ink always seems new and fresh along with the well maintained and cleaned Pens and other geometry equipment. On the other side of the table: The ever Present Laspistol; always within sight and reach of the Captain who sits at the chair. There's an empty place in the middle of it to provide a functional and orderly working environment.

Behind the Captain, a large 3-D model of the current area of operations his Company was assigned to: With tiny flags, Trees, Structures and metal railings and hinges on both sides of the model suggest a more cunning mechanism is used -not only to pin the model to the wall.

The 2 Chairs before him are padded yet somehow remain uncomfortable -as they should be to any arrival; This is the Krieger's Domain, he knows it and currently his gaze is piercing into the depths of your soul. So you will know too.
Last edited by Johannes Wyss von Krieg on Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

/

GuardsmanElyas

Postby GuardsmanElyas » Sun May 28, 2017 4:08 pm

*After days of wandering through the streets of Naris city, he had a place he could call a safehouse. For now. But at this time, he wasn't sure. He ate something they called "food" here, and his PDF memories came back, and how shitty it tasted. He watched the guardsman, of famous Death Korps of Krieg. He could understand why people are afraid, they look intimidating. And rumours about them only enhances the feeling. After passing very important process of security check, got a white armband which he put on immidietly. He was thankfull for training at PDF at his home, it helped now to blend in. He walked with surety in steps, chin held high. Like a person that dosn't hide anything. He stopped before the door and let out a sigh. He wasn't sure what would Captain need of him, but he was going to find out soon enough. He took a breath and knocked the door twice.*
- Private Riley, reporting!
"Humans do not submit to fate. We shape it."
Ferrus Manus

Characters :

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Mon May 29, 2017 7:36 am

From behind the heavy door there was a voice, as much as it was loud enough to be heard through the thick metal it was eerily calm.
"Entrance Granted"

The Recruit entered and the sliding door was slammed behind him with a considerable metallic 'Thudd', not unlike the sound of slamming prison cells to the former Arbite.

The gloomy lighting provided by the Desk Lamp allowed 'Riley' to take note of the room's contents but focused upon the Hauptmann and the Desk. The illumination allowed the 'Recruit' to see the lower part of the Captain's pale face, his hands in a Raised Steeple and elbows resting on the desk; 2 Document folders were stacked on one side while the menacing glint and outline of a Laspistol on the other. The Kriegsman was clad in Carapace Armour and his heavy overcoat was resting from the shoulders on the top rail of the high chair. The rest was seen but as if blurred and ghostly -not that the Kriegsman was lively either.

His piercing royal blue eyes shined in contrast to the dimmed facial features and its gaze penetrated through the 'Recruit' like a Missile through Ork Armour: Every Detail, every gesture, every step and every emotion both hidden and revealed were inspected. He was disarmed, the Checkpoint Security were Thorough- even if he had any weapons left hidden it would take too much time to reach for them.

The stare took but a moment after the guest entered the office, just as the guest opened his mouth to break the silence -the Kriegsmann spoke in an unambiguous and callous tone
"We are not very known for subtlety, but I'll do my best." He broke the Steeple and gestured towards the chairs before him with an open Palm "Take a seat, Herr Woods. I assure you, it won't take long" There was no judgment or accusation in his voice when he invoked the Scout's true name, just the same direct and authoritative manner of speech known to be used by the Krieg Korpsmen -adapted to socialization with non-krieg Elements.

/

GuardsmanElyas

Postby GuardsmanElyas » Mon May 29, 2017 8:03 am

He walked in when heard the voice, a little suprised when doors closed behind him. "In prison we had more quite doors..." - Remmembered his past life of arbitrator. He saluted the captain and stood at attention before the desk. Eyes were watchfull and observant of the room. It was a little diffrent from what he would expect, from the rumour about krieg guardsman. He expected a spartan room, with nothing more than a plasteel desk and gear rack. That piqued his intrest. His real surname has woke him from spacing out. He squeezed his eyes a bit, and more loosely reached for a chair and took a seat. He tried not to show that he was thrown off balance and unnerved. With a little smile he looked at the Captain.*
- Thank you for hospitality. Well, since you know my name, i can put facade away.
Ferrus Manus

Characters :

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Mon May 29, 2017 12:20 pm

"Wunderbar, Herr Woods. Are you still in contact with your employer?" The Hauptmann asked keeping his calm but authoritative demeanor. After all, This was the sole purpose of the meeting, an exchange of messages through a runner and its outcome depended on the answer.

/

GuardsmanElyas

Postby GuardsmanElyas » Mon May 29, 2017 12:52 pm

- Possibly.
Said trying to sit more comfortable on a chair, that made it impossible. He stoped smiling and looked Captain in the eyes.
- My employer, is a busy person. But how i could be of service?
Still maintaining an air of composure and self confidence, he sat with an armed man, that could decide his fate.
Ferrus Manus

Characters :

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Mon May 29, 2017 3:04 pm

"Then you can possibly take a peek at this" Wyss moved the top folder to the middle in front of the Acolyte and opened it. In it were lists upon lists of contacts, ways of extracting information and connection between them as well as addresses of seemingly abandoned and looted hab-blocks which can function as an excellent HQ for the aspiring Inquisitor. In other words: It was pure, undiluted Intel. Courtesy of particular Tech Priest and Munitorum Clerk.
"Your cover is good enough for misleading regular officers and low Munitorum Clerks, but not enough for those that keep vigil on the paperwork. Fortunately for you, as far as known to me; I was the first."

He allowed the Acolyte to read a few pages as he continued
"You'll find the information useful for evading individuals who may uncover you. Xenoist Traitors are still able to infiltrate the Astra Militarum ranks, I had to make several checks before excluding you from them." He was stating a fact and nothing more.

"Your Employer can take the files whenever he or she want. It is within their power, but I cannot allow you to leave with it save the photographic memory." He leanded back to take a sealed letter from a drawer "Bring this to them and they can do whatever they like. If your Employer will take it in person, I may even give the second one" He gestured towards the second folder

/

GuardsmanElyas

Postby GuardsmanElyas » Mon May 29, 2017 3:47 pm

Man smiled broadly when he started looking through the pages with Intel. He frown a bit seeing information even about contacts and connections. With a more serious face, he looked at captain licking his lips. He leaned back on his chair and crossed his arms.
- I'll be honest, you were the only man i doubted in fooling. Other's are just boring workers trying to survive. But you, man of Krieg, are working like ants. Unresting. With precision, unseen in others. In a way, i admire that. So does my empoyer.
He stood up, and walked closer to the shelf with books. With a finger he followed diffrent title's and authors. Still listening to the captain, with much attention. Employer, he almost smirked and laughed at the concept. She was his Master, and he had no word in most things. But maybe it would change with this...There was only a little snag.
- I'm begining to like you, Captain. But as good and loyal citizen of Imperium you are, we both know there is - a price.
He turned on heel to look at the man with confidence and purpose in the eyes. resting his hands in place, where his pistols would be. A habit of sorts.
Ferrus Manus

Characters :

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Mon May 29, 2017 4:14 pm

"We are not negotiating for a price, there are no material needs that I want. My only requirement, as a Kriegsman, is redemption for my Planet. Victory in this warzone and all the future ones."
He rested his finger on the letter still on the table in a pointing manner
"This is a request for information about future campaigns whose success can be determined by my level of Preparation. Preparation accordingly to the answer. I am not entrusting these folders to you only because of the high exposure risk to a third party and uncertainty in your ability to deliver it safely." His fingers formed a raised steeple again, looking forward. His Periphery vision can still trace the Acolyte and his eyes were more accustomed to the darkness and layout of his own office. Woods should be about in the Tyranid Strategy History and Application.
"Should your Employer come here with the answer or without I will deliver the Intel regardless. Maybe even finish the next one, but that depends on the resources I can acquire"

/

GuardsmanElyas

Postby GuardsmanElyas » Mon May 29, 2017 4:43 pm

Acolyte smiled and came closer, resting hands on desk leaning down.
- Just to be sure, personal advice - don't tease tail of this beast. It bites back.
He looked the captain in the eye, still smiling. Slowly with a finger he slid the letter closer to himself, and hid it inner jacket pocket.
- I'll indulge you Captain, though my employer might not like this. It's Ordo Xenos. And they are "inspecting" the ranks, for xenos lovers. Of course, it dosn't involve you're regiment or company. But, my employer will remmember help you showed and in time, repay the debt.
He straightned up, and corrected his jacket. He looked at the 3-D map of the city with distant look. Then looked back at the man.
- We have a deal, Captain. She won't show up yet, but i belive i can send the messege from you. While i'm here, maybe you want me to do something?
Ferrus Manus

Characters :

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Mon May 29, 2017 5:43 pm

A sound was heard from the Hauptmann -a chuckle of all things as his muscles around the mounth contorted to resemble what looks like a smirk. For a brief moment it was there: The closet thing to emotion one may ever see from a Kriegsman. "I can't comprehend that I'm saying this, but stay alive."
He pressed the button under the desk and the sound of unlocking was heard from the door. The trap was disarmed. The Hauptmann stood up from his chair and went to meet the Acolyte face to face now it was noticed that he was higher than him. "There's an ancient custom that is used in greeting as well as sealing agreements. There is no logical explanation but for for the sake of theatrics" Wyss removed the glove from his right hand and offered for a handshake. It was metal and smooth more refined than regular standard issue bionic protesis.

/

GuardsmanElyas

Postby GuardsmanElyas » Mon May 29, 2017 6:04 pm

- Thanks Cap, they made sure to train me so i will stay alive.
He straighened when krieger stood up as well. Smiled back at him with a hint of suprise when he took of glove. He took the hand and answered with a firm handshake.
- You too take care, i'll be in touch. You know where to find me anyway.
He slowly started going towards door, when he at last moment stopped in door.
- Emperors protects.
And he was out, closing door after himself.
Ferrus Manus

Characters :

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Mon May 29, 2017 7:17 pm

[[OOC: So I wanted to write a response but it seems just too short and insignificant.
Johannes gave Woods a bit of an insight into the inner workings of the command and the intel he gathered thanks to the unknowing efforts of Erika and the very knowing efforts of Pratextus and Vulcanis. The Hauptmann invited the Inquisitor to his Office to personally pick up the folders for sake of security and answer his question. Unlikely it will ever happen "on-screen"]]

/

GuardsmanElyas

Postby GuardsmanElyas » Tue May 30, 2017 5:06 am

[[OOC: Cool! Is it some particular Intel, or Fluff-wise something we can use later on in session? Unlikely, it will never happen "on-screen", true. But they might barter with info through Woods. Hmm... What to do next... ;> ]]
Ferrus Manus

Characters :

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Tue May 30, 2017 6:11 am

[[OOC: Nothing Specific. A few adresses of possible hideouts, power struggles in the Mechanicus so on. If in a particular instance you think you should know more, you can ask the DM of the Quest for some more hits. Nothing big or anything, just what you could remember from glancing through the folder in dim light]]

/

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:51 am

captial grid J-12, base of operations was certainly something, metasurgeon cheslock admitted to herself, though the personnel would probably find the metaphor or comparison lost on them the way everything flowed and moved it had more in common with an anthill than a military base, baring the security checkpoints of course: of which she was at the fourth so far.

normally the genetor wouldn't have need for coming here, the death korps were very self contained, but given that her summons to Pratextus Stagsimus had thus far gone unanswered had led her here

++ident code verified, mechanius unit is hereby granted access to officers block. warning, deviation into unauthorised locations will result in martyrdom, proceed++
replied the watchmaster in front of her before stepping to one side

another hurdle out of the way, and so the metasurgeon proceeded, now all she had to do was go to the one who directly oversaw Stagsimus for final approval, a #9453/1-101 "Captain Wyss". the first of said task remarkably easy thanks to the prominent label on one of the doors

without a moments hesitation she knocked on the door, anticipating that the captain already knew she was there and the purpose for her visit
guard characters: ///

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:46 am

To answer the knock, the Captain raised his voice enough to be heard.
"Entrance Granted" and the door can be safely sled aside.

Unlike the other types of meetings, the Captain discarded the gloomy grim environment of his office and replaced it by a more comfortable setting. The lighting was bright enough to see the entire room and the uncomfortable chairs were removed. He had nothing to hide after all, especially in front of a Mecahnicus Genator who can read expressions and thoughts like an open book, even if it was of a Kriegsman.

Should the small collection of books, most likely confiscated from 3 different Narisian libraries, not draw the attention of the Tech Priestess; there were the presence of more machine spirits than it appeared to the naked eye, Desk lamp? Sure but not the Poison Gas pumps that lead straight into the room or the heavy electromagnetic doorlock.

The Captain sat in his regular spot on the chair, 2 cups of tea were in the middle of the desk one of them he mixed with a small spoon, The Laspistol still within reach on his right side, and 2 metal ingots were positioned on the opposite side of the desk.
The Smell of an Iho Pipe was still heavy in the air, even if the Machine Spirits of the ventilation system indicated that they were on for minutes a short while ago.

Johannes Expression was still neutral and subdued but with small traces of nervousness.
"Greetings, Metasurgeon. Pardon me but I do not know if you drink tea and we ran out of machine oil." He said inn a slightly apologetic tone and let a tiny smile of amusement appear on his face for a short while, roughly 1 second and 4 milliseconds. Then his more serious visage was more expressed but with the same amount of courtesy [[This is the word, right?]] "Please, take a seat"

/

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:31 am

[[correct, courtesy is the word]]

"funny" jane replied in regards to the tea quip as she moved the seat back a fraction "we both know you know which i prefer, sorry about shifting the chair digitigrade legs aren't exactly designed with sitting in mind" without further ado she reached for the second cup, taking a second to inhale the aroma through her respirator as she brought out a straw

"Valhallan caravan with a hint of cinnamon" the metasurgeon remarked as she used the straw to begin stirring and then taking a sip

"and you let the leaves infuse the flavour for just the right amount of time, i'd expect nothing less from the death korps. anyhoo i'll keep this brief, i'm here to request access to Data Predator Stagsimus Pratextus in order to provide council and guidance for him during what is a most trying time for the adept, i had sent many summons to him requesting is presence in my workspace for this to take place but so far these have gone unheeded."
guard characters: ///

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:33 am

The Captain Took a small sip from the teacup and placed it back on the the Table. Inside his mind the made a little 'YUS' and a note for himself to mark this tea as the correct one in the Metasurgeon's File.

"You have it. The problem is that we cannot enter his workshop."

Wyss further explained to the unvoiced question while he reached with one hand to a drawer of his desk and pulled out a sheet of parchment of the type used to issue orders and give permits. He began writing the permit on it and purposefully left blank spaces for identification details
"When the Data Predator first arrived here; he requested a private facility adjacent to the Company Barracks under my command. I granted him permission on the condition of him enhancing the efficiency of combat performance. He fulfilled his part and provided the 554th Krieg Regiment with some kind of metal, better than the one we used before."
After taking another sip from the Tea He pointed to a Metal Ingot that was next to one that was immediately recognized by the Lathes Genator as the regular mass produced metal
"It does not reach your Lathes standards but it was a suitable enough for rearming and replacing Tank Plantings quickly. We had no reason to enter the Workshop and as a result he kept his privacy."

"Recently the production of said metal increased significantly but he does not answer demands to meet him on the argument that we have no right to step into the Workshop as we still collect and use the metal. We attempted to Use Krak Grenades and forcefully break into there but we discovered that the Doors and walls were in fact fully replaced by this material. Melta Charges had a chance of collapsing the structure."

"I require Full Name, Rank and Regiment"

/