[OPEN] base rough rider paddock "The Zoo"

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
SilverRuby

Postby SilverRuby » Mon May 14, 2018 10:15 am

"Ah... So this is the Winston I've been told of..." Vayne lingered still, further away, having given up trying to handle the bag one handedly and had taken the other's advice. It didn't make it better, he just felt like he was tasting the air. Ughhh.

He peered at the back of Levi's head owlishly, tilting his head and trying to figure out who the other was getting at. The way that the Prometheronian was trying to allude to someone they both knew was reminiscent of the mind games that nobility tried to weave... To force one to either give up information unwittingly or to make one nervous by overthinking. Common intimidation tactic. Showing the big lizard beast and making him carry the raw meat around, too, a less common practice, but a good scare tactic, too.

It certainly put Vayne on edge, and the young nobleman frowned. Pity, he'd rather liked the guy at Candlemass dinner. But he didn't have interest in playing games. Not with commoners, no, weren't they not like that? It was certainly unexpected, but a part of him was reminding himself that he should have known better.

"Alright. I'm not getting any closer to that creature. What's your point?" The disappointment was clear in the Corporal's tone.
Main:

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Mon May 14, 2018 11:07 am

Levi couldn't help but give Vayne a 'really?' expression when he baulked at getting near winston "he's not going to bite you ok, jeez give me a little bit of credit here." he muttered after giving a sigh and emptying the bag down onto the ground "okay, i did say i was trying to explain this delicately but fine i'll be blunt. Sam, myself, and Winston here are quite fond of Tabitha, cos as you've probably already noticed she's not jaded like us and rest of the guardsmen here and I want to keep it that way. So when i notice you getting extra friendly with her -don't act surprised i'm a scout i'm supposed to notice details- that concerns me as i don't know what your intentions are. Especially considering you already have an established thing between sam and myself and to my knowledge you haven't explained this to Tabs yet" after letting go of the bag and throwing the contents out for the other carnivorous mounts to get to, Levi walked up to vayne and looked him dead in the eyes.

"So. Tell me. What are your intentions with private Tabitha Maru?"
guard characters: ///

SilverRuby

Postby SilverRuby » Mon May 14, 2018 11:41 am

Main:

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Tue May 15, 2018 5:32 am

if he was being honest levi was not quite expecting this reaction from Vayne, if anything he was expecting the guy to either arc up and start a fight or try and smooth talk is way out of things, the fact that he wasn't made levi start to feel a bit like an ass for coming down so hard on the guy and assuming he would be like most of the other enlisted guard, it was all starting to make everything a bit awkward.

"look, i didn't mean to..frak..great now i'm the asshole." he began, rubbing the back of his head as he mulled out how to sort this out, all things said there was something about Vayne being unsure of himself that made the corporal feel inclined to trust him, "ok, look. i believe you alright? you wouldn't be second guessing yourself like this if you did have an ulterior motive and were trying to bullshit me." leaning down he grabbed hold of the second bag with one hand

"tell you what." levi continued as he got back up, clapping his free hand on to vaynes shoulder "don't worry about the paperwork, you go and take her to that...caf...caffayy..am i pronouncing it right?..anyway, point is just name a day for it to happen and i'll get everything sorted by then. sound good?"

SilverRuby

Postby SilverRuby » Tue May 15, 2018 11:13 am

Vayne wanted to interrupt the other as Levi began to sound a little apologetic, and he did try a little with a, "It's alright man, I'm..." But he let the other finish, a bit humbled at the offer. But it made him... Anxious somehow. He didn't want to feel indebted to a man he barely knew for an honestly kind favor.

"Look, you're not the asshole here for caring about your friend. I'm quite aware of my past... Actions and reputation. I won't lie to you. I'm used to loose company and some..." He made a casual motion to lighten the tone, "debauchery. But no less than your average bored gaggle of nobles with too much to drink and time in their hands..."

Thinking about that, he was reminded of how Sam had come into his present life was fairly unexpected; and parted with him the following morning with a scathing, "it meant nothing." Sure, they were both inebriated, but he wasn't under the impression that he was at all appealing to any of the guardswomen. He knew it was a mutual use of one another for personal convenience. Cassius simply wasnt built like a Cadian, even though the last few months of regular PT had done him some favors in broadening his frame out some.

For that matter the sudden female attention he'd received at the dinner had bemused him, his confidence by then already... Crushed? He wouldn't say that he was any less confident in behaving himself around ladies, as ettiquette had been quite beaten into him. Perhaps his pride had been bruised enough with the rejections that he wasn't sure at all what to do with the reception. Crestfallen, he shook his head, definitely second guessing, but not by Levi's fault.

"No, no we were both drinking at the dinner dance, maybe it wasn't a good idea," Vayne chewed the inside of his cheek, thinking, "I don't think I'm any better than your average guardsman that you're worried about. I get it. I just don't want to be that guy that ruins it for her."

Unsure of what he truly felt about Tabitha, Cassius tried to cover up some of his awkwardness by talking his way out the way that Levi had initially expected. He did get a little nervous thinking about her... And the kiss on his cheek had surprised him, maybe even made him feel fuzzy in an odd way. He didn't like how damn out of control of himself he was.

"I know, I'm easy on the eyes so... Not surprised if it's only physical attraction. I know I can be quite charming," though the smile that accompanied the statement was quite plain.
Main:

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Wed May 16, 2018 1:11 pm

"yeahhh i wouldn't know anything about what nobles get up to, we don't have nobles where i'm from" replied levi as he raised an eyebrow at vaynes mention of debauchery amongst the nobility, his expression changed however when he noticed that vayne was starting to get evasive

"oh no no no no no, you ain't getting out of this one." he started, eyes narrowing as his hand began to tighten its grip of the other corporals shoulder "Firstly, it's just having a recaf and shooting the breeze, not asking for her hand in that marriage thing you and others mentioned in the shower block. Second, you're in the guard now son, and guardsmen worth their salt don't turn tail and run, you made an offer and now you're going to keep your word. and lastly, you're not going to ruin it either, because if you do then i will feed you to winston."

SilverRuby

Postby SilverRuby » Wed May 16, 2018 1:55 pm

The younger male remained unsure, though his eyes had widened a little at the tightening of Levi's grip on his shoulder, and the suggestion that he'd be fed to Winston.

"You... are right, yes... It's just a chat..." Vayne murmured, nodding and feeling a little guilty that he'd try to run from such a simple arrangement.

"... Er, well, so... I'm not really sure the best way to find her, I don't exactly get out of the office that much... And since we haven't really spoken since, do you think she'd be upset that we've... Both... Been... Busy?" Cassius asked, a little nervous. What if he'd already screwed up and gotten a first-class ticket to Winston's belly.

"Has she mentioned me at all to you?" Okay, well... The Corporal was curious.
Main:

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Thu May 17, 2018 2:40 am

satisfied that he had made his point, the deathworlder let go of vaynes shoulder and went about emptying the 2nd bag of it contents in the same manner that he had done with the first one, listening carefully while tossing large offcuts of grox steak towards a group of mounts further away.

"uuuhh..thats a good question actually..." lei admitted, scratching his jaw as he turned back around "i doubt she'd be upset, guard life is what it is when it comes to duties and finding off time. With that in mind, if she ain't driving something or doing PT then your best bet would be the south barracks, that's where half of the cadians bunk" the last thing vayne asked briefly made him raise an eyebrow again, but he quickly shrugged it off

"not really, mind you the last time we chatted was when we were doing a couple of salvage runs, and tau showed up on both occasions so yeah..was kinda busy with the task at hand."

SilverRuby

Postby SilverRuby » Thu May 17, 2018 5:38 pm

"Oh- that's good... That's good, I guess," Vayne mused, looking much more relieved, though... maybe even a tiny bit disappointed that Maru hadn't mentioned him? It wasn't a matter, he had a direction, and if anything, if he didn't catch her at the South Barracks, perhaps he'd just leave her a note.

Nevermind that he didn't think about whether or not everyone could read... Hopefully she could!

"I'll go check there first, then... Thanks, man," Cassius grinned, brightly at the Rider, before motioning between them, "So... Are we cool?"
Main:

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Fri May 18, 2018 5:25 am

"don't mention it." levi replied as he began rolling up the two bags before giving vayne a hard glare "though if she does get hurt and i find out you're responsible, they'll never. find. the body." as quickly as it came the glare faded and the corporal started smiling "otherwise yeah, we're good"

he would've given his good bye and allowed the corporal to be on his way, but levi then stopped and looked up at the sky with a puzzled expression, licking a finger and putting it up in the for a few seconds before snapping the fingers on his other hand as though he had just thought of something
"giz a minute, i'll be right back" with that he dashed off towards the skyshield landing pad and all the storage containers underneath it, returning a short time later with a flamer in each hand

"i just remembered" he began, handing one of the flamers over to vayne "today is burn-off day, now why is that so important you're probably thinking, is because the wind is blowing in a niiiice north-easterly direction which just happens to be the same direction as the part of the city where the blueberries are holed up" a mischevious smirk began to creep across levi's face "so. shall we treat them to some of the aroma's that the wildlife have to offer? so they can y'know be a bit more one with nature."

SilverRuby

Postby SilverRuby » Fri May 18, 2018 11:50 am

Vayne wasn't sure if he was supposed to feel fear or joy when Levi gave him his blessing; perhaps even chagrined that the other had prevented him from leaving to trot off to the Barracks. Okay, despite the fluttering in his stomach, he was eager to see if Tabitha was still interested in chatting, hopeful that she would.

He waited, and when the other returned and put a flamer in his hand, he stared at it quizzically. At first, he wondered why they would waste precious fruit bushes- when he remembered the colloquialisms the other Guardsmen used for slang. Oh, those Blueberries.

At first, Cassius made a face, one of disgusted recognition, "Oh, well, that would explain the stench wafting around the base sometimes..." But the thought of inflicting such a foul odor upon the enemy encampment brought a mirroring grin onto his own face. Though there was still a tinge of revulsion to the way he grimaced.

"Not labour befitting myself, but I shall humour you in this endeavor," He announced, somewhat magnanimously but with amusement in his tone, as he motioned with his hand for the other to lead the way. It was obvious that Vayne was making fun of the fact that he, nobility, was about to join someone in incinerating manure.

"Just... How do you use this thing...? Never held one before."
Main:

Sonoffenris

Postby Sonoffenris » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:40 am

Having left the Krieg HQ, it didn't take 120-301 very long to find his way to the paddock known as the Zoo. He was pleasantly surprised to see the variety of mounts that were currently stabled there as he walked slowly through the stalls and corrals. He stopped several times to examine certain creatures that he hadn't seen before including a small creature that resembled a Rider Steed but was quite a bit smaller.

He frowned behind the mask as he looked at it, trying to figure out why they would keep a creature like this. He couldn't imagine it being useful. Perhaps they were keeping it out of sentiment, some cultures did afford such animals a sentimental purpose in life. When he considered it, he supposed that they was a certain kinship with a Death Rider and his steed so perhaps that the case with this animal.

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:20 am

"that's the spirit" levi replied with a grin, "know what? you're not so bad afterall." he hefted up one flamer as he begun his explanation "they're pretty simple to use, there's this gauge on the side that tells you how much pressure it has, and its simple as pointing the muzzle at what you want burned and hitting the trigger.."

[[scene end]]

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:30 am

[[And Scene begin ]]

The sun seemed high in the sky as the rustling of gear heralded a newcomer to the base Paddock. A Krieg Grenadier, one of the many on the base it seemed. Though this one's gear was dusty and battered, chalky white and ashen greys mixed together to form a figure that looked like it had walked through a gunfight in a flour-mill. A lasgun with wooden stock was slung over his shoulder, seemingly at odds with what a Grenadier was normally armed with.

Perhaps most curious though, was the fact that he wasn't wearing a helmet, the gasmask and heavy helm were slung from a strap at his hip, allowing his cold blue eyes to scan the paddock for a particular man. Grenadier 9987-A, Wolf to his friends if such a term could be understood by a Grenadier (And indeed, this one might argue that it could) was here for a specific purpose and needed a particular man. He scanned past the various mounts filling the area, searching for Corporal Levi Slone of the Bridge Burners.

The lanky form slowed slightly as he picked his way past one of the mounts for the Death Riders, paying the beast little mind. "Is Corporal Slone on duty? Roster shows he should be here." He called out to no one in particular.
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:37 am

for a few moments the grenadiers query was met with silence, followed by a rustling to his right as some of the animals parted, and a grime covered Sargeant came into view

"why what has he done now?" Marida said by way of greeting, her tone sounding annoyed at the prospect of potentially dealing with the aftermath of her subordinates abrasive behaviour yet again, her gaze narrowing as she saw another figure some ways behind the grenadier getting too close to the infamous pony "tch, he's doing weapon maintenance rites, in one of those containers back there" she gestured with her thumb before walking past wolf to go and put out the other metaphorical fire

"oi you! get the hell away from there! can't you read the warning signs?! it has picts and is in low gothic for thrones sake!"

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:54 am

The Grenadier nodded simply by way of reply to the Sergeant. His eyes locking on the containers she'd indicated and his legs picking up speed as he headed to the new target location. He crossed the distance with lengthy strides, rapping a gloved hand on the container wall as he stood just outside the entrance.

"Corporal Slone?" He called out with polite tone. "I need a moment of your time."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:55 am

slones head shot up from the disassembled laspistol he was working on at the mention of his name, his expression changing from focused to confused and then then to a frown in the span of a few seconds.

"what for?" he asked cautiously, recognising the uniform even if the trademark gasmask wasn't covering the mans face "if it's more cakes then it'l have to wait until my next visit to the markets." noting how the other man had his lasgun while one of his weapons was in pieces in front of him - and the other sitting out of reach - he figured he'd go for a witty quip for a lack of anything better to go with

Peridot Onyx

Postby Peridot Onyx » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:48 am

&

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:18 am

The Grenadier gave Levi's words some consideration for several seconds before nodding. "If you had the materials . . . could you make more?" His eyes were locked on the Bridge Burner now, as though he were trying to calculate something.

"And if you could make more. What would it cost to make thirt--" He paused, doing some mental math. "Thirty-five Cupcakes?"

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:50 am

Joseph wasn't in as such high spirits as he was when he started this quest. It wasn't the near brush with a commissar or dealing with a lunatic at the Golden Claw that was bothering him. Those couldn't have been helped and no harm had come of them. The fact that everybody they passed seemed to notice them (It's not everyday you see a Bacaran, a chem dog, a Death Korps of Krieg scout and a 525th Stehlen sergeant walking along together, even in this camp) didn't truly bother him ether. What bothered him was where this Throne damed treasure was supposed to be! He prayed and hoped that somehow he had been wrong looking at the map and clues, but there was no mistake. How did this son of a heretic get his loot in that dam ponies' turf in the first place?! The dark kind of sick joke is this!?! Joseph had thought of nothing else as they had made there way and the only plan he could think of was sacrificing someone to the pony. Why couldn't it be easy for once? Why is it never easy?!

As the fantastic four neared paddock, an unusual sight greeted their approach. An Ogryn, short that the average Ogryn with an impress set of mutten chops, stood on the cusp of the paddock boundary. Those familiar with the 227th Stehlen Forged Gate keepers would recognize the abhuman from among their ranks. Private Keith Manner twirled his thumbs, stretched his bald head, scuffed his boot into the ground and groomed the massive hairs that ran down the side of his face. It was clear that he was rather nervous.
//