[OPEN]Motor Pool (Post-Stultus, Post-fire, Looking for work? We're eager to hire!)

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Quads

Postby Quads » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:37 pm

There was a quiet hiss on the tip of one of his fingers as the head of an auto-quill made itself apparent, signing away on the note before a small hiss of pressurized ink pressed itself in the shape of an electoo next to said signature. "Enginseer-Explorator Sabinus Kallikrates, the Lathe Worlds." Where he was from, obviously, was to be included in said designation. He didn't relish talking to the Krieger, but when did anyone? The insane, likely, as he felt a distinctive rising of what hair remained on his body. It was not pleasant.

Now it was not just any tech priest, my good sir, but an Explorator, which made him doubly ambitions to retrieve it.

Oh yes, he was drooling alright. Mm.. look at all of those wonderfully constructed lines on the report, not a period out of place, all of the information easily digestible by the reserve cogitators cradled in the base of his skull. "Mm-mmhm.. mm.." Such sounds of mechanicus pleasure were vocalized through the vox-grill inserted into his throat and broadcast through the lips of his mask. "Sublime work, one does not see such a fine eye for detail outside of the Administratum or my brethren.." Sabinus liked to voice his thoughts, it helped with all the clutter in his brain. "Mmm-yes, yes, come here Zeltra-25, have a look."

The tactical processing of an Alpha would be invaluable, and with the detail to actually fill out all of the proper requirements for an assessment..- oh it was too good to be true. "Your best appraisal—quickly now—we've need of acting soon if this boy-trader is to keep his sordid mitts from what is rightfully ours."

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:50 pm

Zeltra-25 marched dutifully with the pair as they made their way to the cubicle. When they finally entered she stood at the door as a self-appointed guard. She watched as the Enginseer-Explorator filled out the forms then open the letter to read their contents. Zeltra-25 made sure to not intentionally read whatever the documents contained, she assumed these were for the eyes of the holy ones only. She listened as the Tech-Priest lavished a surprising compliment on the detail but it was nothing compared to when he asked her to look at the information. Her eye lenses lit with surprise but she obediently went over to him and then looked over the information. Her mind whirled as she looked over the information, sifting through the documents and pictures. After about a minute of frantic thinking and processing, she came up with a conclusion. She looked up to Explorator Sabinus and gave her opinion.

"Report: I have looked over the information. Conclusion: The information is genuine and it would be best to act upon this as soon as possible. Recommendations: Operations should be small scale to avoid attracting attention. We will need at least one, preferably two, standard five-ton trucks to carry our findings along with vehicles to carry units for operation. Mechanicus support is a must, with at minimum a holy Tech Priest to properly inspect and give rites to claim the cybernetics we find along with Skitarii support to guard them. Non-Mechanicus support should at least include the Krieg #9453/554 elements, preferably including Unit #1-101 for the officer is most knowledgeable of the findings and presenting us with this information. Other Non-Mechanicus support will include the trucks and whatever head of operation deems fit. Judging from the size of the building, we will need a minimum of two ten man squads to clear the building, claim supplies, load them, and guard them. More units would mean more security and possible quicker turnaround time picking up supplies and clearing the building at the expense of stealth and visibility. We must also be prepared for Rogue Trader intervention for their forces have been reported in the area," she gave a pause to let those present process what she said, "Query: Is that sufficient, holy Enginseer-Explorator? Do you need more or perhaps explanations to logic?"
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

Quads

Postby Quads » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:04 pm

"Superlative, Zeltra, simply premier.." His mood had been boosted considerably from but a few minutes ago; where he seemed more interested in inspecting the septic tank of an industrial servitor then paying any mind to these two. "Your analysis is more than sufficient, blessings upon your creator for constructing such a mind." It was clear that when Sabinus got into a decent kind of feeling, he stuck with it, and he was giddy. Oh yes, this was perfect, beyond perfect, just what he had been looking for. It could not be more pleasing to his senses, specifically the sense of success..

His gaze turned to the gelid creature who had just given him the report; for once not feeling revulsion. Rather the great desire to hug the gasmasked thing until it's organs came out of its breathing tube. "As the highest current authority of the Machine God—I authorize this expedition—under the condition that I am there to sanction and partake in it. We will require the aid of your.. ahem.. #9453/554 as well, as the Alpha proclaimed."

Green to go.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 pm

"Acknowledged, Conditions Acceptable. Note: The majority of 9453/554th Company forces including Hauptmann Unit #1-101 are currently occupied with other operations, the full list of available resources will be provided. This Report Contains the Full Intelligence revealed during Scouting and Analysed by #1-101, therefore his presence is not required.
Clarification: The Mission will be placed under Mechanicus Authority, Requisition of additional Guard resources will be acquired through Normal Channels."

It's Purpose here is Fulfilled but it never hurts to be able to answer all of the Inquiries on the Spot "Is this Unit Dismissed?"

/

Quads

Postby Quads » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:37 pm

Sabinus looked at the Krieger for a moment, before tapping the pommel of his staff against the ground but once. "Quite. You are dismissed." He had so much to do, so much to plan, the retaking of these cybernetics would be..- yes- very useful for him and his standing on this world. Not to mention.. eh.. bolstering this..- he forgot the name of the planet and the regiment hitherto, but that hardly mattered. What mattered was the results, and he was invested in getting them as expediently and efficiently as possible. The Explorator's mask seemed to gleam in the black soot that covered it; the tearful visage of Saint Drusus tearing down at the gasmasked creature, before turning his attention towards the Alpha. Questions, questions, questions..- so many to be asked, so little time.

"You have been most helpful to my.. endeavours here." Make it seem like it was his goal to aid them the entire time. "Tell me, Zeltra-dash-twenty-five, to what capacity does your independent functionability remain?"

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:38 am

While her Krieg friend left once she was dismissed Zeltra-25 remained. Excitement bubbled in her. A mission! And maybe she will be with her Krieg friend as well. She noticed he turned to her, which she responded by facing him. His face was hidden by a blackened mask that watched her with green eyes. He then thanked her, which was unusual but appreciated, then asked her about what her capacity was for independent functionality. Zeltra-25 liked to think that she was fairly independent, considering she's talked back to a Tech Priest before about tactical decisions, but she needed more information. "Clarification: On what scale do I judge myself by? Yes or no, a scale, or perhaps something else?" she asked.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:02 am

#Unit #9453/8-316 Clicked its heels and left the Room, and then the Motor Pool all the away to the Krieg Compound.

He reclined back into his chair, taking in the Data stating the success of the Emissary.

So far all goes as the Hauptmann predicted:
A Tech Priest cannot resist the opportunity to salvage Technology, whatever it may be.
Since this Tech Priest (Explorator no less!) is willing to lead the Expedition, then it will be under Mechanicus Jurisdiction: Completely removing the Guard from any responsibility or consequence should an unfortunate encounter occur with Rogue Trader Forces thus not damaging the already Shaky relations between the two.
#1-101 managed to put himself far enough from the trigger not to pull it, but close enough in terms of influence to reap the rewards: Namely greatly improved relations with the Mechanicus and Medicae Forces for providing Intel and a portion of the resources for the Operation and enough goodwill with the troops for ironically providing them with life-saving materials that they will look less sideways at Kriegers -Or at least at the ones in his Company.
All leading to greatly increase the chances for future cooperations.
Reducing Attrition Rates with Cybernetics is only the visible part of #1-101's Plans.

Now it's time to see if this Plan will succeed.

/

Quads

Postby Quads » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:29 pm

Huh, at least she had the mental acuity to actually discern on how to properly answer a question. "Judging yourself on your ability to make snap decisions, improvise, and form independent action and thought. A colloquial affair for sure." He muttered a moment later, tacking on his own thoughts to her strange kind of question. Though it was hard to gauge his proper reaction behind that mess of augmetics and robes, his interest was apparent. This tech-priest was certainly unlike the others; he was unorthodox, though that was inherent of his position as Explorator. Everything he did he did out of curiosity and the drive for knowledge, so it was obvious that it would compose a large portion of his inherent personality. Hardly dour.

"I can see you have some, that is for sure, but I would be remiss in my station if I considered myself even remotely certain about the creation of you and yours." A pause, and a bit of mirth entered his voice. "Though you could always judge yourself on how well you carry a tune or a conversation."

Whiteshield Cannon Fodder

Postby Whiteshield Cannon Fodder » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:49 pm

clink.

It was the first hint of someone - or something - moving through the Motor Pool. The clinking continued, and every so often, a few wires would slide out above the piles of scrap, like a fish's back breaching the surface of a river, before descending once more. The robed wire mass that was M1-L0 slithered and curled through the scrap like a mobile nest of serpents, twisting and winding as his eye-lights sought the object of his desire. While walking normally was a bit cumbersome for M1-L0, swimming through junk was one of his many unconventional talents. His eye-lights gleamed when he felt something soft against one of his mechadendrites. Could it be?
/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:36 am

Zeltra-25 was following her duty of guarding the Motor Pool when she managed to catch a glimpse of strange movement in one of the debris piles. Naturally curious, the Skitarii Ranger Alpha approached it and began hearing clinking sounds of metal rubbing or move moving against metal. She couldn’t identify what made the noise until she saw something slithering in and out of the rubble like a snake. Her personal databases couldn’t identify what it could be, meaning she not only had to investigate further but assume that it was likely a threat. She followed it until she saw that it was coalescing into a singular mass under red robes. Any readings she got about it from her sensors were inconclusive. The red robes suggested that it was likely a fellow member of the Mechnicus but it was possible it could be a Heretek. Her rifle wasn’t raised but at the ready when Zeltra-25 called out to it, “Challenge: Identify yourself!”

It was surprisingly human sounding even from her Breath of Mars. The first thing he would likely notice about her besides her robes identifying her as a member of Forgeworld Eon was the bleach white hair spilling out of her robes.

Postby Whiteshield Cannon Fodder » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:25 am

"Answer: M1-L0." The tech-priest's eye-lights stared out from the pile of rubble he was currently sorting through. He slithered forwards, until he had emerged. Even for a tech-priest, he was odd in appearance, given that he seemed to no longer be even vaguely humanoid; literally just a mass of wires that propped itself up using thick coils as legs, and a pair of blue lights staring out from under an AdMech robe that was just sort of draped over the nearly-amorphous body of Milo. "Don't shoot. I'm friendly, I promise." He peered at the Skitarii curiously. "...You wouldn't happen to know where I could find a stray blanket in this mess, would you?"
/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:09 am

It seemed that this mass happened to be some sort of Tech Adept for a pair of glowing blue eyes turned toward her and identified itself as M1-L0. It took a moment for the name to register in Zeltra-25’s personal databanks (AKA her brain) and to confirm that yes, this was a Tech Priest. He asked her not to shoot and lower her weapon, which she lowered her pistol. He then asked her if she knew where a blanket was. The Skitarii Alpha thought for a moment, see from the ‘furrowing’ of her eye lenses, then said, “Answer: In the particular pile you are in: Extremely unlikely. Statement: No blanket has been recovered in the Motor Pool so far. Estimation: Being this is the remains of the Motor Pool incident, possibility of a blanket in wreckage is extremely low, being it would have likely burned up if one existed to begin with. Offer: I could try and acquire a blanket elsewhere if you demand it.”

Postby Whiteshield Cannon Fodder » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:21 am

"That is very kind of you. I wouldn't ask that of you, though; no doubt you have more important duties to attend to." Milo slithered out of the pile, trudged over to the Skitarii and peered at her from closer. His circuits whirred at the collection of new data regarding a new person. "I think I will just have to go and find a blanket myself. It is for a commissar, you see - I frightened him with my appearance, so I will cover myself in blankets so that he does not have to look at my tendrils wiggling about." The eye-lights bobbed as Milo made his best attempt at a sage nod. "What is your name, kind metal friend?"
/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:41 am

While her current job of guarding the Motor Pool was important, Zeltra-25 personally felt that fetching a blanket would be more productive. She might even get to meet other people if she did. The Tech Priest then said that he would try and go find it himself. His reason was to make himself less frightening to a Commissar. A Commissar being afraid of one of the holy adepts of the Machine Cult? It seemed illogical, Commissars are known to be generally fearless, but it seemed this one was the exception. M1-l0 then asked what her name was.

Kind was an adjective that Zeltra-25 has not often been associated with herself. Granted, most of her interactions were with either fellow Skitarii, adepts of the Adeptus Mechanicus, and in situations where it was inappropriate such as missions. She didn’t think she was cruel or evil, but kind was a word that she never thought of herself as. It felt… good.

Zeltra-25 stood at attention before him before saying, “Introduction: I am Skitarii Ranger Alpha Zeltra-25.”

She paused then asked, “Query: Do you require help with your task or need a guard?”

Postby Whiteshield Cannon Fodder » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:59 am

"I am pleased to meet you, Skitarii Ranger Alpha Zeltra-25," Milo chirped, waving his 'hands' around in an amicable greeting. "If you would like to accompany me, I would be honoured to be in your company." His eye-lightes narrowed and sharply angled upwards, to the effect of appearing as ^ ^. "As to needing a guard..." His cloak shifted, and from his back emerged four mechadendrites, each one bearing a different gun barrel affixed to its tip. "I think I am well-defended enough as I am. That is not to say I doubt your fighting ability - only that, if we find ourselves in a prickly predicament, your rifle will not be our only means of defense." ^ ^ "Where shall we look first?"
/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:49 am

Zeltra-25 remained at attention as M1-L0 waved at her and said he would be glad if she accompanied him. She took note of the weapons he showed off. When he talked of her fighting ability and stated that he didn’t think hers was bad, only that he was prepared to defend himself, the Alpha Ranger couldn’t help but feel a little suboptimal. Rangers are well known for their shooting and long ranged rifles and though it wasn’t uncommon for an Alpha to wield melee weapons, it meant that often times she would have to sit back and issue orders instead of actually participating in a battle. She was a contingency and offered guidance but she couldn’t help but feel a little useless. At least here, right now, she will be.

“Status: Processing,” Zeltra-25 said while she stood at attention, thinking of possible locations, “Answer: Possible dispensing locations are the Supply Depot, Markets ran by civilians, and other less reputable sources with the Workshop and various Regimental garages also being a slim possibility. Recommendation: Try the Supply Depot first or search the Workshop. Otherwise, be prepared to barter.”

Postby Whiteshield Cannon Fodder » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:05 am

"B4R73R?!" Oh, no. That wouldn't do at all. Milo's people skills, as much as he liked to think otherwise, were not stellar. His outgoing nature tended to put people off - well, that in conjunction with his being an ad-mech. "...I would not want to trouble those in the Workshop with my presence. I understand they are a little crowded there of late. The Supply Depot shall be my first destination." He leaned towards Zeltra-25 and wiggled a little. "You will be coming along, yes? You have been very helpful so far - I don't know where I would be without you now. Probably still floundering through the piles here. H33 H33." His ballistic mechadendrites retracted, merging seamlessly with the wires under his robes.
/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:22 pm

Zeltra-25 listened to his train of thought as he reached the conclusion that going to the Supply Depot was the best option. He then asked if Zeltra-25 was coming and that he would be lost without her. She wasn’t quite sure how to respond to that but reasoned that M1-L0 wanted some response.

“Affirmation: Yes, I will accompany you,” she stated. She thought for a moment as he gathered himself and something bothered her slightly. “Probing Query: Holy One, may I ask you a question?”

Postby Whiteshield Cannon Fodder » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:03 pm

"I am gladdened by this. The two of us together will be a fearsome blanket-seeking team indeed." M1-L0 wiggled amiably, then turned his body mass to look at her. "It is not within my power to grant you the right to ask questions, Zeltra-25; do so at your leisure. Also, formalities are unnecessary. My name is Milo - that will suffice in the future."
/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:19 pm

"Acknowledgement," Zeltra-25 responded to his statements about being able to ask questions freely and call him Milo. She still stood at attention as she asked, "Query: You are trying to acquire a blanket to hide your tendrils, correct? Why not try and acquire a new, longer robe which can be done here? It would likely achieve the same results you seek."