[OPEN]Motor Pool (Post-Stultus, Post-fire, Looking for work? We're eager to hire!)

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Whiteshield Cannon Fodder

Postby Whiteshield Cannon Fodder » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:45 pm

"Our next objective?" It seemed to M1-L0 that this should be a decision made between the both of them, but since it had been left to him, he resolved to define that objective as best he could for Zeltra-25's convenience. "If it is not too much of an inconvenience, there is a certain Commissar Yorke that I should find and apologize to. It is my belief that I encountered him at an inopportune time and frightened him with my appearance." M1-L0 wiggled for emphasis, causing his robes to lump and writhe as if a nest's worth of snakes were hiding beneath it. "Now, with this new robe, perhaps I will not strike such an offputting figure!" His eye-lights flickered hopefully.
/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:12 pm

Commissar Yorke? The Enginseer frightened a Commissar? M1-L0 was admittedly a little strange but he didn't seem scary to Zeltra-25. Perhaps this Commissar was an exception to standard recorded behavior of those bearing his title? Whatever the case, M1-L0 indirectly asked her to accompany him as he went to apologize.

"Statement: I will accompany you on this venture," she said. She dug into the wet and hardware of her mind and then said, "Report: I know where his office is. Recommendation: Please follow me."

Zeltra-25 caught a fellow Skitarii's attention, blurted a statement in binaric saying she was going with the Tech Priest, then set off toward Commissar Yorke's office. Hopefully, the datebase was up to date. As they began heading there, a thought popped into her mind.

"Query: Milo, what do you intend to do for your apology?" she asked.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

Postby Whiteshield Cannon Fodder » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:54 am

"D0?" M1-L0 stopped and considered that. He had been intending to present the Commissar with a button he had found in the Medicae Ward, and deliver a heartfelt apology for his failure to understand that it had been him that Yorke had been afraid of. Well, he would deliver it with what he believed to be the proper inflections. He hoped that it would turn out to be a fruitful interaction. Perhaps he and the Commissar could even become FR13ND5 afterwards!

"...I have not quite decided yet." Perhaps a button would not be enough. "Do you have any recommendations, Zeltra-25? If someone had frightened you, what would you consider to be an adequate apology?"
/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:03 am

The Enginseer asked her if she had any recommendations for he was undecided on how to apologize to the Commissar. When he asked what she would consider an apology after being scared, Zeltra-25 answered, "Answer: All interactions I have been through where I sensed any sort of fear has resulted in that being's extermination. Honest Opinion: I do not know or have enough experience in this area to offer a proper recommendation. The best I can think of is a gift, usually in the form of food or a valuable. The most common items I have overheard as proper gifts is chocolate and flowers. Warning: Recorded occurences I have overheard this is 4."

Postby Whiteshield Cannon Fodder » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:49 am

“3XT3RM1N4T3 the Commissar? Excuse my doubt, but my logic threads are telling me that this course of action is unlikely to endear me to him, and will very likely result in some form of punishment for me ranging from the very uncomfortable to the capital.” Zeltra-25 must be a real B4D455, to be able to just exterminate any source of fear! When she admitted that she hadn’t enough experience to give a definite answer, M1-L0 wriggled uncertainly. Omnissiah take this indecision!

But she suggested a gift! And M1-L0 had one of those, did he not? His eye-lights lit up with glee as the claw of a dexterous mechadendrite slid out of his sleeve, grasping the single button. “This! This will be the key to setting things right!” he declared, wiggling in a manner he thought was subtle. “Is it not beautiful, Zeltra-25?”
/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:48 am

Zeltra-25 wasn't suggesting he kill the Commissar, just stating how she usually dealt with things that scared her. Just happened that all the things that scared her also happened to be designated as targets to be eliminated. However, when she suggested he give a gift M1-L0 seemed to light up and pulled out a glorious.... button? Her Eternal Vigilance eyes looked at it curiously. It didn't look particularly extrodinary. Zeltra-25 only had the dictionary definition of beautiful and, while she recognized that label depended on perspective, it didn't qualify under what she would call beautiful. Perhaps it was a digital weapon? Or it held sentimental value? Was she missing something?

"Hesitant Reply: I can not identify the beauty or value of the button. What is its value?" she asked. She was admittedly a little embarrased. She felt like she was missing something obvious that she will torture her logic centers about later.

Postby Whiteshield Cannon Fodder » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:04 pm

"The beauty and value of this button cannot be measured by any normal cogitator or calibrator, N3W FR13ND," M1-L0 burbled, his eye-lights practically sparkling with wonder as he looked upon his gift-to-be. "Before we were metal, Zeltra-25 - well, before you were metal, anyway..." He could not recall if ever he had been flesh to begin with. There was no meat at all left beneath his wires, if ever there had been.

"-Before we were made into strong machines, there was something in the soft that let us, individuals, see beauty where others could not, and value that would buy nothing from anyone. I know not whether this is what the fleshy ones call a H34RT in the more esoteric sense, or if it is that most elusive of things - a soul - but it is there still, allowing me to find joy in things such as this. Little things, that mean nothing to any but myself."

An optical mechadendrite slithered out one of his sleeves to look at Zeltra-25 while his eye-lights remained fixed upon the button. "And soon, I shall do something even stranger: through no technical modification or economical machination, I will grant this plain little button greater meaning and value than it held abandoned on the medi-table where I found it, more than it holds in my possession. I will give it to the Commissar, as a C4NDL3M455 gift, and in doing so, create! Create peace, and possibly even the foundations of a N3W FR13ND5H1P! And perhaps a bit of confusion as well, but as a fleshy one once said a long, long, long time ago, 'it's the thought that counts'."

Seemingly having finished admiring the button, M1-L0 pulled it back into his robes and began shuffling off, the camera on his mechadendrite winking at Zeltra-25. "C0M3, let's find the Commissar!"
/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:29 pm

Zeltra-25 listened to what the Enginseer had to say. Ever since she’s met him she has classified M1-L0 as unorthodox, but she never realized how… wise he was. He spoke of how the button had a value that couldn’t be calculated by normal means then spoke of having a heart and soul which allowed him to find his own joy before going on to say that he will imbue the button with greater value and meaning by giving it as a gift.

Zeltra-25 is has reached the point of Crux Mechanicus, the point where over half of her body has been replaced with bionics and mechanicus bits, but she still had a heart (though modified to be more efficient). She also knew that she had a soul. After all, the Omnissiah gave every machine a soul so her, being not only alive but also part machine, also had to have a soul. Therefore, she found his words moving. She’s heard the idea of putting sentimental value on something before but she’s never thought much on it. It’s hard to remember there are other was to measure value that was beyond numbers and calculations.

As Zeltra-25 followed behind the Tech Priest her thoughts whirred as she processed his words. After a few more moments Zeltra-25 spoke up.

“Query: While I recognize you seek to give the button greater value, do you think its value would be augmented to great heights if paired with food?” she asked, “Recommendation: Perhaps maybe chocolate?”

Postby Whiteshield Cannon Fodder » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:21 pm

At the suggestion of pairing the button with something else, M1-L0 began wriggling in consideration, while his optical mechadendrite remained still and focused on the Skitarii behind him. "CH0C0L4T3!" he exclaimed, growing to seven feet tall, down to four and popping back up to five and a half within the span of a few seconds. "I have never consumed chocolate, as I was warned it would do bad things to my inner workings, but it does seem to be a popular gift. Perhaps Commissar Yorke might appreciate some. But where to acquire it?"

He had ceased to wriggle, and had also slowed, waiting for Zeltra-25 to give him an answer. M1-L0 had never owned any chocolate, so he was excited to have yet another chance to do a new thing.
/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:34 am

M1-L0 seemed to like Zeltra-25’s suggestion but then came the real question: where can they get chocolate? Zeltra-25 tried to search her wet and hard memory banks but only a few options came to her.

“Tentative Theory: I am not sure exactly. Perhaps the Supply Depot or the Kitchen? Maybe somewhere local?” she suggested. The thought came to her that even if she got there they would probably want something in return. What did they have to offer?

“Perhaps I could be of assistance?” a new voice said.

If they turned they would find a woman in Carapace Armor leaning against a nearby building with her arms crossed. Fiery red hair flowed out of her ponytail and a NSO cap topped her head. She looked to them with her dirt brown eyes and greeted them with a smug smile.

“I couldn’t help but overhear that you two are looking for some chocolate. Is that right?” she asked.

Postby Whiteshield Cannon Fodder » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:29 pm

"Y35!" M1-L0 exclaimed, his tendrils wriggling in excitement as his body swivelled -first his top half, then the rest- and went slithering over to this unknown woman, who he could only surmise had some way to secure chocolate. Of course, he didn't doubt that there would be some price for her assistance, but all the same, any chance was better than none. The tech-priests's eye-lights seemed to widen and glow brighter as they peered up at her, having unconsciously made himself shorter while on his way to her. "We are in dire need of chocolate."

His face turned ninety degrees so it was angled sideways, perpendicular to the ground. "You would be willing to aid us in our pursuit of it?" A little servo-arm extended from one of M1-L0's sleeves and beckoned frantically to Zeltra-25. A chance, a chance for chocolate and righting of wrongs! Or perhaps this lady would bamboozle them magnificently. Regardless, M1-L0 could hardly contain himself.
/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:45 am

Zeltra-25 quickly went to her current master’s side as her bionic eyes scanned the woman before them. She processed what she found for but when she reached M1-L0 she compiled her discovers to say to him in Binaric Cant, ++Assessment: 827th Unseen Sons, designated Penal Legion. Rank: Sergeant, possibly more senior. Unseen Son roster incomplete and outdated; identity unknown. Warning: If you proceed, do so with caution.++

If the redhead was offput in anyway by M1-L0’s strange display she was very good at hiding it. This Techpriest was a slinky one, almost like the a pack of trash-worms from her homeworld. When he finished moving and asked if she would assist him she got off the wall she was leaning on and let her hands hang off her pockets.

“I can get my hands on some,” she said, “What’s it for?”

Postby Whiteshield Cannon Fodder » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:22 pm

"I want to apologize to someone I frightened without meaning to," said M1-L0, his robotic voice striving valiantly to sound apologetic. There were inflections, sure, but it came out just a little off. He'd have to work on that. The information relayed to him by Zeltra-25 was processed, acknowledged, and promptly misconstrued. A penal legionary? How exciting! The naive, trusting tech-priest was still high on the possibility of acquiring chocolate.

"My honoured Skitarii colleague has told me that chocolate might be a good medium through which to show contriteness and hopes of making things right." His eye-lights flared up, becoming huge and round as he stared at the woman in Carapace armour. "Would you not agree?" Wriggle, wriggle...
/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:07 am

The redhead nodded her head in acknowledgment, unnerved by the strangeness of the Tech Priest. She's seen too much to have such things faze her.

"That's right, chocolate is very good at that," she set her chin on a hand in thought for a moment then asked, "I have to ask, is this someone a person you are looking to get in a relationship with?"

She realized it was probably a stupid question but if this one was so concerned about someone's feelings then it was possible.

Postby Whiteshield Cannon Fodder » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:59 pm

"Yes!" M1-L0 exclaimed, once again misunderstanding completely. "I wish to enter a P051T1V3 R3L4T10N5H1P with this person. And perhaps even become FR13ND5 with them. Could you help me in this? Would you help me in this?" The wriggling hadn't lessened at all - if anything, it had intensified, and wires were leaping erratically in and out of M1-L0's sleeves as he struggled to contain his excitement.
/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:21 am

The redhead only smiled as she saw the Enginseer’s excitement build by his wiggling.

“I can and will help you with getting chocolate, but,” she let it hang a bit, “I’ll need your help with something first. You’re an Enginseer so you can fix vehicles, right?”