[Open] Commissariat Office Block - Commissar Makarov (Currently Open)

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Toasty

Postby Toasty » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:44 am

Moto glared through her goggles, Zoya would be able to see her frustration through the furrowing of her brows.

"Lemme ask you something; what do you see in me? A soldier? Or Scum? Am I valued life? or cannon fodder?" She gripped the bag in her hands, causing the tags to jingle and press against the walls of the bag. "I'm taking chems to kill, I have to beat my fellow Dogs to even see the light of the next day, we're out there day and night dying by the hour for you, and It's just a-.." Moto stopped in her tracks, realizing she'd put the poor bag into a death grip and it was about to burst. She softened her grip upon the bag, before opening it and reaching in to pull out a tag, she looked at it for a moment before returning to face the Commissar. "Dead Dogs, good ones all of them.."

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:32 am

2 Knocks on the door and without bothering for an answer it was already opened for the guest to enter.
A single step into the office revealed the nature of the visitor, Anthrazitgrau Greatcoat combined with the Grim duo of helmet and white skull mask covering a rebreather unit, with the straps of a Captain for a good measure made it clear for all to see that this environmentally sealed individual is here for a reason.

Precision is key.

Every action must be conducted within set time and space restrictions in the most efficient manner.
A poorly aimed Artillery Piece will not destroy the Enemy Positions with satisfactory results if the angle will be off even by a single degree.
The Promithium in Tanks will freeze in the cold if its components are not mixed properly bringing to the immobilisation and subsequent destruction of the machine.
Infantry will not deploy and entrench if they don't keep up with strict deadlines before they will be expected to defend the front line.
Cavalry will fail to exploit a weakness in the enemy flank and find itself obliterated instead of delivering a shockwave of destruction.
In every movement, in every attack, in every deployment, in every feeding or any other aspect of existence
-Precision is the Key.

As for the soldiers of the Death Korps of Krieg?
Time is, as anything else, a precious resource that is spent for the sole purpose of waging war. Any other thing is a mere distraction from the goal.
They don't mourn their dead --because it takes too much time. They don't participate in recreational activities --because it takes too much time. They don't make the effort to develop a personality because it takes too much time before they are already dead.
There is no such a thing as 'imprecise': Only the Defective and the Inefficient; an anathema to their very existence. A meeting was arranged and it will he held in the designated Time.

The Krieg Hauptmann turned his gaze to first meet with the Commissar (Salutations are Obligatory) and then into Moto's very soul. The ruby coloured lenses so infinitely dark and bottomless it could be mistaken for a void sucking in the light from the environment, bringing shivers over those not strong of heart. A ghastly reminder for the ultimate fate to all those serving in the guard -Convicts and Commissars.

The huffs of recycled air circulating through the rebreather systems stopped for the Captain to speak in a muffled but unmistakably clinical and authoritative voice.
"Unit arrived at designated time. Commissar is preoccupied - Discrepancy. Will wait outside the office until the matter resolves."
Giving the chem dog anouther soul-piercing gaze the Cpatain commented "Clean yourself, Soldier. Poor dress leads to Poor Efficiency."
And with that, the Captain left Zoya's Office. For Now.

/

Aishachan

Postby Aishachan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:32 pm

Makarov continued to hold the paper out for her, keeping her face the same practiced neutral it normally was. "I'm going to hazard that you're not our most elite regiment fielded- probably classified line infantry or penal battalion. But you're still a member of the Guard, so you're still a soldier, and every solider is important." She nodded to the tags, ignoring the small outburst before it. "I'm sure they were all good soldiers." It wasn't a sarcastic statement, but a serious agreement. "We shouldn't mourn for their passing, for they're in a better place. Instead we should rejoice in knowing them, cherish their memories, and know that what they did was important, and helped humanity. The lives of Guardsmen are not carelessly tossed aside."

When the knocks came the looked up, seeing the Krieger in the doorway. (She was fairly certain that was also the name of an episode of her soaps but that wasn't important) She nodded to the Hauptmann as he came in. "Captain, good to see you. I'll be with you in a moment. I apologize."

Currently playing:
The earnest-est little commissar// But what would a Commissar do? // There's a form for (or on) that!

Toasty

Postby Toasty » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:00 am

"Clean yourself, Soldier. Poor dress leads to Poor Efficiency."

Moto turned around towards the Krieger, a huff of annoyance leaving her mask, before she could retort the oddity had already walked out.
Returning her gaze at the Commissar and taking the note from her hands and stuffing it into her coat pocket. "Yeah, whatever.. Thanks for the free pass I guess." Moto seethed internally, holding herself back from lashing out at the woman, Lives weren't carelessly thrown about? Even a child could see through that! She stopped once more, noticing her hands death gripped the bag once more. She huffed, stuffing the bag back into her pocket carefully this time, as to keep it from falling out. With a quick spin on her heels she made her way back towards the door, pushing through it and down the hall.

(( Moto has left! Thanks for the lil rp! ^.^ ))

Aishachan

Postby Aishachan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:22 pm

((Thank you too! : D Hopefully it was fun even if Makarov is kind of a kill joy))

Makarov arched her brows and nodded, "Dismissed" Whatever anger she had about her situation and the Guard in general might be better handled by a priest than a commissar. Still, she walked after Moto to the door, holding it open for her as she stormed out with a moer contained, but no less fervent amount of fury than she'd entered with.

Then she glanced to the Krieger. "Thank you for waiting. I think that we have a meeting?" She gestured in, still standing at the door.

Currently playing:
The earnest-est little commissar// But what would a Commissar do? // There's a form for (or on) that!

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:01 am

[[Good Emperor, Finally]]

The Hauptmann gazed to the departing Convict with the typical judging indifference associated with Krieg Units. After all, in first glance several breaches of discipline were noted, a second check always reveals more. The Disciplinary Officer of the Penal Regiment will take care of that, he was already notified of this via vox.

Turning back his attention to the Commissar the Krieger nodded "Affirmative." And stepped into the room now free of disturbances.
Once inside the Masked individual scanned the room taking in every detail, every speck of dust, every deviation that might point out about the nature of the office's current residents.

While the helmet and gasmask did help in terms of personal protection, they were detrimental to field of view and nullifying facial body language thus worsening communication with non Krieg Personnel. For these reasons they had to go for now.
Removing The Respirator and unscrewing the air tube so the helmet and mask can be placed together on a nearby chair while the tube itself was left resting over the shoulder of the Krieger, the [[Quite handsome :D ]] man took out a fabric from one of his pockets on the greatcoat and cleaned his face from the naturally accumulating sweat and combed his hair to make oneself more respectable. It is a meeting with a Commissar and one must always be in top from.

"Let us begin then" 101's accent now without the muffling effect was more noticeable but not at the same scale as other units from his company "I'll begin with Congratulations on your recent Promotion. I know there is a certain custom by which after being promoted one receives a new plaque for their office by members of their working environment. Yours will arrive in the following week."
Reaching to a pocket he took out a carefully folded paper, unfolded it and handed it over to the Commissar "Unit #316 requires an approval to partake in a scouting operation with yourself and Corporal Slone. Being it's commanding officer, I grant it in written from."

By all means this is the most words per minute and personality ever said by a Krieger Zoya ever heard save for at least one exception. Direct to the point but not too much dragging over trivial matters. It may even be possible to work with this type.

[[Think Colonel Hans Landa from "Inglorious Bastards" but more Colder and less chatter]]

/

Aishachan

Postby Aishachan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:12 pm

((Oh wait, one more thing before the scene! : P ))

Makarov followed him inside, taking down the sheet that said 'Available' and shutting the door. Generally when one when to the trouble of setting up a meeting they wanted discretion, or at least a little privacy. She made her way back to her desk as he spoke looking surprised as he mentioned the promotion. She hadn't thought that many people would have paid much attention to it, or even heard about it.

"Thank you, captain." She said with a smile. "I'll have to find somewhere for the plaque. I... this is still Commissar Halls office so I don't think it would be appropriate for me to start changing the plaques outside. I don't even know if there's really an office open for me to be transferred into. Perhaps under his name though." She... hadn't checked if there was an open office. Probably not, if they were using hers as a storage closet. Probably wasn't worth checking either.

She took the paper, looking it over and idly reaching for her mug as she did. "Ah. Of course. Well thank you. Does this carry over to any other missions that might come from that scouting excursion?"

Currently playing:

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:16 am

"Affirmative, excluding matters of higher importance issued by High Command and 9453rd company's own needs. For that chances are low. Full details in Document."

He Glanced over at the shelf with the medals and Tea in the Tins and Sniffed the air containing the remaining vapours from Makarov's Mug, cogs moving in the head: The Imperium of Man is Colossal and so are its many Variants of Tea, from the black and lactose-added Preatorian to the Searing Hot yet intangible Valhallan Tanna. One cannot possibly familiarise himself with all of them but studying the most widespread and available to the Guard and the Planet it is stationed on does help, some labels are recognisable and by sheer luck the smell matches.
Personal belongings of sentimental value like the pict-captured Chimera, Submarine, Guerrilla Force whose one reappearing member closely resembles the Commissar finalises the deduction. The Krieger pointed over it and asked: "Commissar, this is your shelf I presume?"

/

Aishachan

Postby Aishachan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:53 pm

"Thank you, then. You've been very through." Makarov wasn't sure how much a Krieger cared about being called kind, but they did generally like to be call through, at least from what she knew. She went to open the document, but realized that she still had her mug in hand. As it was mostly empty, and only had cold black tea anymore, she set it down to open the more important document. "Would you like anything to drink, captain?" She asked distractedly, skimming over the paper.

When she did glance up the captain had made his way over to her shelf. "It is. Is there something wrong?"

Currently playing:

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:13 am

[[The paper was already open when Johannes gave it. Zoya could have closed it on an instinct.]]

Kriegers didn't like to be called good things, compliments and the like were utterly meaningless to them as they are, in their purest form: Measuring one's acheivements based on personal and often low standards used by unimportant units, comparable to being called a 'genious' by the most underacheiving classmate. Same goes for insults.
All kriegers were concerned about is if they get the job done and wether or not its execution was satisfactory.
Only important units can evaluate success.

Commissar Makarov is an important unit, and so must be treated as such: Her evaluation is applicable.

Still focused on the medals and personal belongings of the Commissars [[Yes, Hall's stuff too, from a distance]] the Hauptmann answered to the concern: "Not at all Commissar. One must know his surrounding enviroment including the capabilities and thinking of his collegues should they be required in combat. If every branch understands the reasoning of the other: Miscommunications can be avoided"

Turning back to Zoya "Apologies but I'll decline. Unless you boil my water in promithium, Tea will only prolong the meeting beyond the acceptable time constraints." He let the edges of his mouth to contort in such a manner that resembles the beginning of a smile. Before taking control over himself and taking a seat in front of Makarov.

"Our Company is regarded as defective by the 554th Krieg. The given reason to this classification is disatisfactory. I'll ask you to evaluate the conduct of Unit #316 during your operation and find any factors that might contribute to this classification"

/

Aishachan

Postby Aishachan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:21 pm

((My bad! She might have just folded it. Sorry!))

Makarov nodded slowly at that explanation, setting the papers down on her desk. "Well, if you have any questions please ask them. I would hate for miscommunications to occur between any branch of the Guard." At his commented about the tea she actually let out a small chuckle, a lop-sided grin making its way to her lips for a moment.

"Well you'll have to excuse me but I don't have a flamer at the ready to boil water and burn down the offices." She sat once 101 did, though his new comment whipped any mirth from her features, replaced by a hard seriousness.

"Defective and unsatisfactory how? For what reason?"

Currently playing:

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:25 am

Explaining the Fanatical and Fatalistic Ideology of Krieg is completely pointless because it is so different than the other ideals used by the different branches of the Guard, Explaining the elastic approach of the 945th to this ideology is strictly forbidden unless being ordered to. Luckily, the Hauptmann doesn't need to do it at the moment.

Attentively studying the Commissar's facial reaction to each statement through a mask of indifference the Hauptmann answered:

"The Reason given by the 554th, is that the 9453rd Company doesn't reach Krieg standards. From our perspective, the goals and ideology match: Meaning that the difference in the manner we execute them makes the 554th assess the situation differently. Miscommunication and it's results.
Addressing it will be done through Commissar Unit Wittmann as the 554th are under his supervision, my only request from you is to document and analyse the conduct of the unit that comes with the most contact to other regiments, Unit #316, from an outsider perspective with attention to behavioural patterns during the operation and other instances."

After all, it is impossible to know if something is wrong using only one point of view. Many Regiments and even Astartes Chapters become renegades by this method: Something the Hauptmann absolutely did not strive to become.

/

Aishachan

Postby Aishachan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:41 pm

'The goals and ideology match', just a 'difference in the manner we execute them' a 'Miscommunication'. Makarov had heard things like that before, though certainly not in a situation where she'd ever expect a Krieg trooper to be. Still she looked up at him from under her brows, quiet and sullen for a moment. Requests for analysis and audits were only done by the absolutely honest or absolutely idiotic. With Kriegers it was probably the former.

"Of course. I'll be sure to provide a more in depth analysis of 316, along with additional mentions of any anomalous behavior or actives that I might see during any missions. If everything seems par for the course with what I expect from Krieg troopers I'll note that as well. A copy of the initial review will be sent to Commissar Wittmann and, with their approval, will be sent to you as well. An acceptable outcome for everyone involved?"

Currently playing:

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:54 am

For a creature that knows something is wrong, knows it can be fixed, and by it's very definition cannot lie voluntarily investigation by the Commissariat is not a suicide but the most direct way to approach the matter.

The Hauptmann nodded "Affirmative, that concludes the meeting." He stood up, collected his gear and went for the exit. By the time he reached the door, he only needed to slide the respirator back on. "Your Tea Collection does not contain all the available variants. Metasurgeon Jane Cheslock can assist." Mask slides back up, Pressurisation, Salute, and out he goes!

no more than 3 minutes, record time!

/

Aishachan

Postby Aishachan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:38 pm

"Good then, dismissed." She nodded, following him to the door and taping the 'Available' sign back to the door. "If there is anything else please simply let me know."

He commented on her tea and she glanced over, not saying anything but silently musing on the collection. Did she really need that much more? Maybe she should ask, just to see what they had. Trading some wouldn't be bad, and it was hard to keep a variety supplied anymore. She settled back into her chair, getting back to work for now, musing on tea and wondering about the different Kriegers on the base as she did.

((I'll be doing a time skip in a bit! I just have to check some things. :) ))

Currently playing:

Guardsman Samantha Hawke

Postby Guardsman Samantha Hawke » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:13 am

A faint reluctant rapping sound of knuckles on glass came from the open door to Commissar Makarov’s small office, and before a response could be given, a very soggy, slightly terrified Samantha Hawke peeked her dripping wet head inside.

“M-m-ma’am?” She inquired softly through chattering teeth. Seeing that the room was unoccupied except for the Commissar, Sam slipped the rest of the way inside. She kept her posture small, bent slightly at the knees, shoulders hunched forward as if she were trying to hide despite standing in plain sight. Her face was bright red, partly from the cold, partly from embarrassment. Still shivering, she gave a sloppy salute with her right hand while her left held up her only garment: a simple white towel.

“Th-this is all a m-misunderstanding.”
Characters: ,

Aishachan

Postby Aishachan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:41 pm

Makarov had been having a decent day. She'd gotten some work done, and managed through two different meetings- one expected and one not. She thought that she'd be able to finish the work that she wanted for the day on time and be able to go for drills with the Korvazans and do the inspections she wanted. All in all a fruitful, productive day.

Then there was a light knock and the sopping wet form of a guard in her office. For a moment Makarov just sat there and stared, surprise and confusion edging into her features. She'd seen a lot of things come through her office, and wouldn't have been surprised by many more, but a still wet guard in a towel was different.

After a second she came to, shoving her documents aside and rubbing her eyes. She recognized that trooper. She was rather sure that ALL the Commissars recognized that trooper. Samantha Hawke, the one and only.

"At ease. What, exactly, is the misunderstanding?" She asked as she stood, pulling her stormcoat from the back of her chair. She moved from behind her desk, offering the coat to Sam. She hadn't been outside in a while, but last time she had it had been freezing, so the poor woman had to be frigid as well.
Last edited by Aishachan on Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Currently playing:

Guardsman Samantha Hawke

Postby Guardsman Samantha Hawke » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:27 pm

Hawke blinked in surprise at the coat Makarov held out for her as she let her hand drop from her brow.

"Really, you're Sh-sure? Th-thanks." She said with genuine appreciation and wrapped the coat around her shoulders pulling it closed at the neck. Nice coat!, she thought to herself. It was thick and warm and well stitched, and she loved the sight of the epaulettes on her own shoulders. She could already feel herself starting to thaw, but with her head still wet, it would be a while before the shivers abated.

"Well, m-ma'am. . . uh. . . Sergeant B-Beckett ordered me to c-come see you." Hawke paused for a second. Come to think of it, that was all Beckett had ordered her to do. The commissar, shockingly, seemed sympathetic; Hawke could probably fabricate a story that would get her out of this situation. On second thought that was a really dumb idea. Beckett would certainly follow up with Makarov, and when her account didn't match Hawke's version, Hawke would be in for a world of hurt. She decided not to push it any farther than just gilding the truth a little.

"She. . . uh. . . m-might have c-caught me in. . . th-the wrong shower." She confessed, her voice fading away to a mumble by the end. "But it's n-not my fault!" She insisted, suddenly returning to full volume. "Or, at l-least, it's n-not what it s-sounds like."

Aishachan

Postby Aishachan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:28 pm

Makarov nodded and let Sam get herself situated while she went back around her desk. Still standing she neatly organized what she was working on and put it away in the appropriate drawers before switching to her dataslate. To be sure she'd been right and that she wasn't piling the misdeeds of some other trooper on the wrong person she pulled Samantha Hawkes file. The photo on file looked correct, other than looking less hungover and more soaking wet.

As Sam started talking Makarov watched her, watching silent and stern, only speaking when it was clear that Sam was done. "So, it wasn't your fault that you went into the wrong showers? And it isn't what it sounds like. Right now it sounds like Sergeant Beckett caught you doing something that you weren't supposed to." She glanced at her dataslate, scrolling through the myriad infractions that Hawke had tallied against her for emphasis. "But if you're going to say that she's wrong, I'm willing to listen to your side."

Shower shenanigans. Sometimes Makarov missed having bosuns, but she wasn't on a sub anymore, so she just had to make due.

Currently playing:

Guardsman Samantha Hawke

Postby Guardsman Samantha Hawke » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:16 pm

“No, sh-she’s not w-wrong, exactly. But it’sss c-complicate-ted, y’know? It’s th-there are. . .uh. . . exten-enuating circumstances.” She hoped she was using that phrase right. Funny, really, the words she picked up from context without knowing the meaning. Makarov didn’t seem like she was buying it, but Sam felt like she could be a lot more persuasive if she could get her damn teeth to stop chattering. She paused for a moment and clenched her jaw to try to get the shivers to stop, but it only sent the shudders more violently into the rest of her body. The epaulette tassels on the commissar’s coat began to bounce as Hawke’s shoulders visibly shook. She gave up, snuggled a little deeper into the warm coat and let her teeth chatter away.

“L-look, I promise, all I w-was t-trying to do was take a d-damn shower. But s-some woman just w-walked into my sta-all and--” Shit. Makarov wasn’t even paying attention anymore. She was fiddling with a dataslate. She’d probably already heard enough and was just waiting for Sam to stop talking so she could issue a punishment. If Sam wanted to convince her to go easy, she would have to first win back her attention. Unorthodox strategies were in order. Sam moved to stand next to Makarov and tried to steal a peek at the dataslate’s display.

“What’s, uh. . . w-what’s that you’re l-lookin’ at?”