Anywhere within the IG perimeter
blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Thu May 24, 2018 12:22 pm

guard characters: ///

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Thu May 24, 2018 1:19 pm

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Thu May 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Ahde beamed, and patted Luca on the shoulder, "Good lad. Knew I could count on you." he slid his own wallet over to the bartender and motioned that he keep it for the next round of drinks, picking up a pale insipid looking lager.

"Cat, huh? And you tangled with his lad..." the vox officer tilted his head and peered at Croaker, then Luca.
"I'm assuming Cat didn't do that to you." he gestured to the Katavarian's bunged nose, "So he can't have been really mad. He knocked that wee clerk's front teeth clean out in front of Holt for really messing with them both..."

Ahde shrugged, "You're probably okay... I mean, unless he was actually angry."
Strolling over to what passed for the jukebox, the vox officer rested his drink atop it, and cracked open the side panel to access the wiring and controls.
"Any requests? Not what I'd call a varied selection, mind."

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Thu May 24, 2018 3:04 pm

Jack perked up in surprise when he realized someone else was talking to him and a handshake was waiting. Jack gave a good-natured smile and shook his hand, a firm grip. The moment passed as more talking was had. He only paid it some attention, some banter about He looked down at his drink, becoming insular again until a wave caught his attention. It seemed like Croaker wanted him to join him. He gave a smile. "Sure," he replied.

He first shouldered his bag with noticeable care then grabbed his drink as he went over to the table. He ignored the shorter, bearded man for he didn't think it was directed at him. Croaker was the main attraction here, he was just along for the ride. He sat at the indicated table and set his precious bag next to him.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

Archer

Postby Archer » Thu May 24, 2018 10:49 pm

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Fri May 25, 2018 7:58 am

Ahde rubbed his chin with a finger, contemplative, "Then I couldn't say. He's not cruel, but he's quite... Single minded."
Speaking of which...
With a rustle of static, Ahde reconnected the wiring, and soft, fairly unobtrusive ambient music began to crackle through the various speakers set up on recaff cans and shelves around the area. The signal wasn't great, but it wasn't loud enough to interfere. He withdrew his hands, dissatisfied with the quality, but not afforded the budget nor time to do better.

The vox officer smiled but rolled his eyes at Luca, "Look lad, save that for a bit later. I suggested you come here to learn about your comrades and talk to us, brave Lucifer Black. We can neither do that, and you can't drink if you're busy show-boating." he explained patiently.

Mordian Characters:

Archer

Postby Archer » Tue May 29, 2018 1:07 pm

Luca shrugged and put things back grabbing his drink once more. "So... What have you been up to today Ahde? Since I haven't been back to the barracks since... Before dawn." He sighed and relaxed humming softly as he enjoyed the company and the relaxing atmosphere pushing thoughts of the rough night and punishment from his mind.

Hey Ricky

Postby Hey Ricky » Wed May 30, 2018 3:53 pm

The chatter around the bar, and crackle of music caused Talsen to raise his head from his arms. It had been a long day, answering to his various misadventures. And now there was a franking psyker in North Barracks, the Cadian couldn't sleep there.
Ricky had no hate for the spook, but he found sleeping near them made his dreams restless and stressful. He woke less rested than when he lay his head down.

So Talsen had snuck over here for some sitting up shut-eye.
He rubbed his eyes, "There was a fight?" he murmured.

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Thu May 31, 2018 1:32 am

Hey Ricky

Postby Hey Ricky » Thu May 31, 2018 3:52 am

"Uh. Oh ...Yes?" Ricky smiled in blatent incomprehension and then turned his head and looked beseechingly at Levi for some clarification.
He wasn't sure whether he just hadn't woken up enough, or if the Katavarian was always this confusing in his speech pattern.

Archer

Postby Archer » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:34 pm

Luca moved to sit beside Croaker and clarify. "Vayne punched Croaker in the nose during training and we got in trouble. Not really a fight." Shrugged the Lucifer Black, the Terran polishing off his drink and waving for another as he sat back. "There was some yelling and we left in hurry."

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:00 am

"you left out the part where Croaker effectively mocked the guy by showing off how well he could swing his arm around with Vayne still hanging onto it." Levi added, finishing off his drink and asking for another before looking at Ahde

"by the way, what do you mean 'He knocked that wee clerk's front teeth clean out in front of Holt'? the way i heard it, Holt was the one that did the teeth knockin'. "

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:38 am

"I've been fair reet. Can't complain. Keep getting kicked out of where I need to work by a certain pair of children who want to sing songs and happy clap rather than handle vox signals or do real work, though." he gave a long, cool stare at Luca, before swigging a measure of his drink, and winking, "Someone isn't pulling her weight."

At the full explanation, Ahde chuckled, "Oh, oh okay... That sounds like an interestin' use of a morning, fer sure... I'm sure you're going to be alright."

As Levi spoke, Ahde lowered his drink, and his thoughts a little thick, recalled that he had been warned by Cat, but he wasn't sure whether it was to keep the truth of the incident concealed, or to help build on the animosity between the two. The latter seemed to make more sense, considering Aesteban's recent fall from grace, and the Second Sons' rep on base.

He drew a line down the wooden surface of the bar with a finger, "No, it was Cat with that brass knocker he had caught in his mitt for days... Sayin' that, it's not... Cogitator science... You have a man who kicked an officer in the knackers to humiliate him, made you deliver little sweet cakes all over base... Or you have one with an 'istory of-" don't say poor choices, "-outspoken... disregard for protocols..."

Ahde rubbed his nose with the back of his hand, "Probably due for a subject change, no? If'n case I wasn't suppose to let that one out just yet." he tapped the headset now hooped loose around his neck, indicating the amount of confidential vox calls he handled, getting a reputation for gossip may lead to more than a few issues.

Mordian Characters:

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:39 pm

Archer

Postby Archer » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:52 pm

"Heh, maybe next you and I ought to have a sparring match, eh Croaker? See if you can stand up to one of the finest in the Old Hundred." Luca added. "When your nose has healed, of course, had a match with Thea from the Lionesses it was interesting." He smiled and looking at Katavarian soldier.

"Or..." He smiled laying an arm down on the table, rolling up a sleeve to show his own pale but well-muscled arm. "We could arm wrestle for now?" He offered, Luca was always up for a little test of skill or strength.

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:38 am

levi just looked at ahde out the corner of his eye, skepticism evident on his expression "uh-huh, i'm not buying it. i mean if what you say is true, why try to hide it? if anything the clerk is getting off easy, you seen him walking around of late getting all chummy with the 2nd sons? assuming it was cat that clocked him that tells me something is going on, so that begs the question of just what kinda sneaky bollocks runaround is holt playing at? and what is so FUBAR that he has to resort to using that clerk and frakking cat of all people?" the corporal would've continued further but was cut off by croakers display
"yes. i could resist." levi deadpanned at the Katavarian, his expression blank "showing off like that only paints a massive target on you where i'm from"

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Ahde tilted his head, "Does your regiment use 'em? Commissars, Levi? I mean I know some don't need to, an' some don't want to." and some dispose of them, he thought silently, remembering what he'd heard about catachans, "They are all, by an' large, workin some agenda or background scheme." he ran his fingers along the edge of the glass.

"With those Unseen Sons on the take from Merovech, and the stuff people go off base an' then can't talk about," he gave a level stare, refering to the Hall of Virtue; even Ahde didn't know what had happened out there, "it's muddy as Hell. The old man probably is sneaky. Otherwise he wouldn't be an old man."

The vox officer sipped his drink again, "But he's on our side, I guess. That's reassuring."

Mordian Characters:

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:20 pm

Jack was not a very big group person. Once a group reaches a certain point he just clams up and keeps to himself. Who would care about what a Private had to say in this group full of Corporals anyway? However, that didn't mean he was ignorant of the conversation around him. Jack drank a bit as they talked, taking it in as he formed his own opinions. So apparently a training session went wrong and everyone left feeling sore. Woopdeedo, welcome to the Guard. But then there was this talk on which Commissar punch this clerk trying to be a Guardsman. He didn't know much about the specifics except that Holt punched him, he didn't care much for rumors and Commissars punching people shouldn't really be anything surprising. Probably more surprising that the man wasn't whipped or subject to something harder if he deserved a punch.

Whatever. For all intents and purposes, he just happened to be sitting here and happen to be hearing all this. Not like he had much of an opinion besides 'leave politics to the higher ups' and 'they will likely be 6 feet under before it matters, no use worrying about it'.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:54 am

Archer

Postby Archer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:08 pm

Luca raised his other hand letting his fingers count it down. Meanwhile, his strong hand firmly grasped Croaker's taking a moment to let them both get a good grip. "If you wanna bet the next round that's fine by me." He then counted down on his own fingers so they knew exactly when to start.

Luca pushed back hard, enjoying the contest with a smile on his face as he and Croaker strained themselves to see who might best the other.

((Luca rolls forceful has a two in it.))