[Open - rank restrictions] "The Fox Hole" - Mess and Rec Room

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:15 am

guard characters: ///

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:55 am

Ahde shrugged, and rocked his glass with a finger, slowly, "One whip for one type of person, different whip for 'nother." he watched the reflected light pattern of his liquor on the wooden surface, "And in Holt's position, how does he judge who to be honest with? If Merovech buy off one regiment, nothing to stop them having fingers in every pocket."

The vox officer felt the familiar weight of the headset around his neck, "Is it true that Unseen Sons have to wear bomb collars? I've never been near enough to look or ask. Don't really want their attention my way, frankly."

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:32 am

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:51 am

levi couldn't help but snerk at ahde's whip remark, "heh, indeed." he said with a grin before before taking a sip of his drink "isn't that why he's a commissar though? to judge us by our conduct?"

letting that thought hang in the air the corporal took another sip and stared at his glass, studying how the light reflected before looking back at ahde when he asked about bomb collars "has sam been talking about lil ol' me behind my back?" he asked with a wink before he finished what was in his glass "or did we leave a vox on somewhere? anyway, based on the few i've met some do and some don't, and judging from that Catachan Necktie Keegan has i dare say he might have wore one once, personally i think they're a bit of a mood killer...geddit? killer? cos y'know they....ah nevermind."
guard characters: ///

Archer

Postby Archer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:25 pm

Luca smiled and nodded to Croaker. "You don't get to join the old hundred without proving yourself first." He added smiling as he drew his arm back rotating it slightly a little sore from the display. "Sparring sounds fine to me, you see a lot close quarters fighting on a hive especially on as tightly packed as Terra."

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:35 am

“Likewise, I saw mine own fair share of fighting in the trenches of Gladius Secundus. And I wouldst not think that there doth be a plentitude of combat upon Holy Terra. One would believe that the blinding splendor doth bring serenity to all whom doth gaze upon it.” Croaker seemed perplexed by the idea of combat upon Terra in the relatively peaceful present.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:06 am

Jack was actually surprised that the Terran won. Perhaps Croaker was tired or worn from his fight? Or maybe the Terran was that good. It was much more interesting to the Private than talking about who's a good Commissar or not with a bunch of Corporals. He then looked up and his eyes grew with surprise when he realized that his break was almost up. He can't be late for that. He quickly finished his drink then grabbed his bag. He didn't say a word but as he left he looked back and gave them a wave, curious to see if anyone noticed his departure but doubted they did.

[Jack has left the bar.]
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:08 pm

Mordian Characters:

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:01 am

“Art thou propositioning me, Cousin?” Croaker asked jokingly. “For truely a rubdown and candlelight dinner doth not so so bad.”

Archer

Postby Archer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:12 am

Luca chuckled. "Terra's a hive city, you'll find gangers and mutants in the lower levels. The difference is the size, part of the job is helping Arbites clear them out. Keep them from ever being a real threat." He paused and rolled his eyes at Ahde.

"No thanks, Ahde. I already have Cat teasing me non-stop I don't need to give him any more ammo." The Lucifer added sighing.

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:35 pm

Mordian Characters:

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:03 pm

“Truely, he doth seem to be a man of great intensity.” Croaker agreed politely. “And of great passions. If rumor, that fickle mistress, canst be trusted, thou surely knowst this too well.”

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Ahde's face blanked and he stared, repeating a drilled monotone, "Master of Ordinance, Douglas DeGrotto is a respected and valued member of base personnel, and as such his personal life is not up for discussion." he rolled his eyes and started on his next glass.
"How I ended up doing his bitchwork every morning. Just don't go there."

Mordian Characters:

Archer

Postby Archer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:12 pm

Luca chuckled. "Even I don't know the whole story but whatever Ahde did Degrotto nearly knocked Haley and me over." Added the Terran sipping on his drink as looked at the vox officer.

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:57 pm

Fothergill-Scott walked into the "Foxhole" carrying in a large wooden crate stamped with the munitorum sigils and Praetorian customs stamps. He had been waiting months for this order to arrive and had been delighted earlier this morning to have received a comminique from the local munitorum adepts informing him that it had indeed arrived.
He placed the box on the bar with a heavy thump and with his bayonet got to task prying open the lid. Inside was stuffed with packing straw, he reached in and pulled out a bottle full of liquid the colour of black enginseer unguent.

"Just perfect!" He said with a smile.

He indicated for the barman to begin unloading whilst he took down a pint glass from the bar shelf and decanted the contents of the bottle into it.

"Praetorian Porter" he said to the barman who was looking at the pint glass curiously. "A proper drink for proper guardsmen!" He chuckled before taking a long drink.

One did not drink the Porter as much as chew it, often described as Praetorian axle grease by many the drink was gloriously alcoholic and had a full bodied flavour. It was not for the feint of heart and normally was only served in halve pints or midis. Fothergill-Scott, being a seasoned Porter drinker was able to stomach a full pint, no mean feat.
Doing the work of the Emperor is its own reward.

Characters:

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:29 pm

In the corner of the room at his usual spot behind the table made from half a door and a chunk of a wood dingy, Paxton was just beginning to fall asleep after another long shift when his noise caught a whiff of something new. Immediately brought back to full alertness by the smell of good alcohol, the Valhallan immediately fixed his sights on the Pretoran and his beverage. "Hey comrade! By the look of the hair on your face, that drink you have is good stuff. Bring another two bottles over here and I'll share with you something that'll put the hair on the rest of your body!". The Corporal gestured to the seat (half and old drum with a nice red cushion) on the other side of the table/door, his wide and friendly smile showing through his thick black beard.
//

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:05 am

Fothergill-Scott took two bottles of the porter out of the crate and walked over to where Paxton was sat. He took the pro-offered stool and sat down.

"Alright Corporal, I'll bite. Let's see what you Valhallans can bring to the table."
Doing the work of the Emperor is its own reward.

Characters:

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:43 pm

The friendly smile and jubilant chuckle suddenly takes a darker tone as Paxton reached into his winter coat. Those who are on the more paranoid side of things may have expected a weapon to be draw, but the only thing to appear from the coat are two flasks. Though unlike normal flasks, each were large enough to contain almost two litres (more canteen than flask). The Corporal leaned in closer and began to explain the beverages (Or poisons to the less experienced).

"On my right here, I have three hundred year old vodlic from Valhallan itself. This stuff is frozen as close to the surface as possible as to 'mature' proper before being brought back down to defrost. This allows it to properly ferment in a process handed down for generations from the подлый человек who stumbled upon the process. And this on my left, is my own concoction! It is distilled from parts from the motor pool, so you get a thick taste of grease and motor oil. I figured if it was good enough for the machines, it was good enough for us. But don't worry comrade, I've added a bit of flavour to give it a good kick! As I said, it will put hair everywhere else."

He lead back, proud in his offering. "So, which would you like to taste first?" Paxton smile once more.
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:04 pm

"You still trying to get people to drink that sludge you call alcohol, Paxton?" a new voice called to them. While unmistakably Valhallan from the great coat, she was much shorter and thinner than the giant that was Corporal Morov. She wasn't wearing her ushanka so her leather brown hair could be seen tied into a bun. The few escaped strand of hair couldn't hide her green eyes that had bags under them. From the state of her uniform, soot and grease staining it with a few patches and peepholes, one could guess how those bags formed. She already had a drink in her gloved hand, in which she took a sip.

Ana Lyashev approached the two superiors then pointed to the drink in Paxton's right. "That's the stuff you want to drink. Or maybe drink it second to wash all the crap from the other one," she said to the Praetorian.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:08 pm

Paxton looked up to Ana, his smile taking on a mischievous slant. "You weren't complaining about it that time.. that night in the old motor pool before it burnt down.". The sudden stop start motion in the Corporal's words sat like an elephant at the table. The is a sad glint for a moment in his eyes, his smile wavering. But as quickly as it came, the glint was gone and the smile beamed even wider. "Come, I know you well. You want a sip of the good stuff too, da? Hopefully this time I don't have to carry you back to barracks!". He chuckled, gesturing to the space at the table, vacant of a chair, but easily filled.
//