[Open - rank restrictions] "The Fox Hole" - Mess and Rec Room

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:24 pm

Ana waited for whatever rebuttal Paxton her superior had in store but instead the air became heavy around her and her face fell a bit as he referenced the last time they had his special brew together. That day there was one more in their party who wasn’t around anymore. However, as quickly as the moment happened it passed as Paxton gave another jab at her. The much shorter woman gave a sly smile as she went to the offered seat.

“That was because you were trying to keep me from fighting that Unseen Son talking smack,” she said back as she took the seat. When asked if she wanted to have a taste of the good one she replied, “After this.”

Ana raised her quarter full glass before taking another drink from it. She then looked to the Praetorian.

“What are you gonna have?” she asked.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:56 am

Fothergill-Scott fetched two shot glasses from the bar and set them upon the table. He took the second "homebrew" bottle and removed the stopper.

He sniffed.

The smell was quite vile, smelling like the bad end of a Mechanicus workshop.

"Good God Emperor, you actually drink this?" he said with surprise. The brew was more akin to paint stripper than anything else. But not to be accused of being unsporting, he poured a measure into the shot glass and downed it in one.

roll.jpg
roll.jpg (12.98 KiB) Viewed 2335 times

((Result of 2 + 3 from base stats = 5 - 3 for the challenging roll = 2 (success!!!) ))

He felt, rather than tasted the liquor as it slid down his throat. 'Greasy' would be the best description he could think of as it burned all the way down to his stomach.

"Well, it certainly has kick!" he said as he fought back tears, "Though I think you need to work on the flavour somewhat. It leaves a lot to be desired. My good grief!"
Doing the work of the Emperor is its own reward.

Characters:

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:35 pm

"Far enough!" Paxton boomed, as jolly as ever and very much enjoying the Pretorian's reaction. "Though it's hard to come by something that subdue the original taste. Cheese is strong enough, but it just tastes worse! Though let me know if you find something that works.". The Corporal poured himself and Ana a glass of the special blend and raised his own. "We to show you this isn't some kind of trick, Будем здоровы!" With that the giant downed the grease in one mouthful

[[Roll to drink=-3+3 forceful=0]]

With the drink finish, Paxton place the glass down and squeezed his eyes. Yet when he stopped squeezing his eyes, they did not open. His head slumped a little forward and what appeared to be a gentle snore rose from his nostrils.

[[After a long shift and the home brew, Paxton has temporarily fallen asleep. Feel free to wake him back up though, otherwise I will continue to make rolls to wake him up as the scene progresses.]]
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:23 pm

Ana watched as the Praetorian downed the drink in one go, which was admittedly impressive, and, after making the expected face, managed to give his opinion. She couldn’t help but giggle a little bit at his expense but gave gloved applause for his valiant effort. She then saw Paxton pour himself and her a drink. She stared at it for a moment, debating whether she actually wanted to drink it, but then took the glass anyway. Momma didn’t raise no cука. She raised her glass with his, clanking it with contact.

“Будем здоровы!” Ana said with him then took the drink.

Ana had a version of this drink before and somehow this was even worse than last time. Anyone who knew Ana would know she was an alcoholic even by Valhallan standards and she knew this drink wasn’t for the faint of heart. It made the Praetorian’s feet of surviving it, especially since it’s maker didn’t, all the more impressive. The disgust, along with a twinkle of pain, showed on her face, but otherwise her only other reaction was balling her fists on the table as if she were bracing for a crazy ride. Eventually, the moment passed and deemed enough time has passed for it to be acceptable to clean out the beverage with the one she already had, finishing the drink. Letting it clean out her mouth, she smiled at the Praetorian.

“Well done, friend,” Ana said as she reaches over the giant and grabbed the other bottle, “I think after suffering from that we both deserve something much better than that sludge.”

Not asking if he wanted it, Ana poured him a drink then herself one. Raising the glass, she smiled at him. “To new friends?” she said.

[Rolling Forceful 2 for drink]

[Total: 2]

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:36 pm

Fothergill-Scott accepted the glass from Ana with a gracious nod.

"To new friends." he said as he raised his glass in salute. "And to superior alcoholic drinks!"

roll.png
roll.png (5.9 KiB) Viewed 2301 times

((Difficulty: 3, dice rollz: 0, Forcefull base skill: 1 ---- TOTAL = -2 ---- FAIL))

He downed the second drink, a far more enjoyable endeavour. The flavour reminded him of something...but he couldn't say exactly what.

"Delightful, I could certainly drink this one again." He said.

There was a curious sensation in his head, one he hadn't felt for some time. Not since his time as a young recruit. He held up a hand as if to signal somthing, he had a quizzical look on his face and opened his mouth, about to say something but didn't. The moment appeared to pass.

"Oh bugger." he said before his eyes rolled back and he slumped sideways off his chair onto the floor.

Characters:

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:42 am

[[Roll to see if Paxton wakes up=2+1 for the sound of Fothergill-Scott hitting the ground = 3]]

As the colour sergeant hit the floor, the thud prompts a stirring from Corporal Morov. Eyes flickering open, the Valhallan straightened up a little and took in the changes to the immediate surroundings. He suddenly begins to chuckle as he turns to Ana. "Can't hold his drink." Paxton continued to chuckle in a dry rasp. Noticing the 'finer' drink opened before him, the large man smiled and began to pour himself another drink.
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:06 am

That was a toast Ana could get behind. She drank her glass, taking some time to drink it so she could enjoy it a little more as it goes down. It really was good stuff and she believed shooting it down so fast would be a bit of a waste. The Praetorian already downed his when she finished hers. She smiled when he praised the drink but then grew concerned when his face changed to something quizzical. She then watched as he fell to the ground. The thud he made was enough to wake Paxton from his sleep. Either he didn’t realize he passed out or took it in his stride, for he laughed at the Praetorian, talking about how he couldn’t hold his drink while he poured himself another drink.

Ana looked at him for a moment then just burst out laughing. What just happened was just so absurd! The timing of the Praetorian passing out and Paxton waking up from being passed out combined with the sheer hypocrisy of Paxton’s statement was just too much. After a minute she calmed down to say, “Getting a little ahead on ourselves, aren’t we? You have to catch up.”

She got up. “Now now there, friend. Can’t enjoy drinks from down there!” she said as she went over and tapped him on the shoulder.

[Rolling Forceful 2 to not pass out]

[Total: 4]

Urban SHark

Postby Urban SHark » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Abram stepped into the Fox Hole, autogun empty of ammunition and slung over his shoulder. He looked around with a bit of curiosity, before moving to find somewhere to sit. Helmet resting in the crook of his elbow, he definitely had a sort of fish-out-of water look about him. The Illisian cracked a smile at the scene before him. "Is he alright?"

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:40 pm

"I am perfectly alright my boy!" Fothergill-Scott said having successfully been roused by Ana.
"I am just inspecting the horizontal plane of the floor. I find it best to do so up close and personal...yes it all seems acceptable from down here."
As he got up he gave Ana a knowing wink. He dusted down his uniform and resumed his seat at the table.
"Another?" He said as he reached for the bottle.

Characters:

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:56 am

//

Urban SHark

Postby Urban SHark » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:50 am

"Me?" Abram pointed to himself. "Well, I don't think it'd do any harm." Grabbing an empty chair, Abram pulled it over, sitting near the other patrons. Pulling out his canteen, he opened it as substitute for his lack of a mug. "A pleasure to make your aqquaintances, though I'm afraid I haven't caught any of your names." The autogun clanked a bit as he pulled it off his shoulder, letting it rest across his lap as he looked to those around him.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:21 am

When the newcomer came and asked if he was alright, Ana seemed to have raised the Sergeant for he rose up giving a ‘plausible’ explanation of why he was on the floor. As he dusted himself off Ana would dust his back. When he gave his wink she gave returned the favor. She wasn’t the type drag someone’s embarrassment around; unless someone brought it up anyway. When they finished she returned to her seat as everyone began to pour more drinks. The newcomer joined them and asked their names.

“I’m Ana and this is Paxton,” she waved both to herself and the giant of a man next to her, respectively, but her hand paused at the Praetorian, “I’m afraid I don’t know what your name is either.”

As she waited she took a drink of the good stuff which then made her remember something. “Didn’t you say you had something for us to try?” she asked.

rodbob

Postby rodbob » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:33 pm

"Royston Fothergill-Scott, Colour Sergeant of the Praetorian 24th Regiment of Foot." he said as he kicked out a stool towards the newcomer.
"And who Sir, are you? Oh and you better have brought something to the table."

Fothergill-Scott plonked another bottle of the Porter onto the table. "Earn your place my good man, earn your place."

Characters:

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:06 pm

//

CipherCodex

Postby CipherCodex » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:14 am

Ardex drags himself through the door to the foxhole, ducking low to clear the STC doorway.

"I need a drink. Something strong please, need to wash the smell away."

Noticing Paxton and Fothergill he approaches curiously, "that smells like proper sump-shine, may I have some?"

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:57 pm

Is a Color Sergeant different than a normal Sergeant? Does that mean he always walks around with a flag? And what kind of name was Fothergill-Scott? Guess it's as weird of a name as Lyashev compared to other people's. It was these kinds of thoughts that sludged through Ana's mind as another drink poured by Paxton swirled into her glass. It was then that a literal giant, bigger than Paxton even, came up to their table and asked for a drink.

The 5' 4" Valhallan was not intimidated, greeting him with a smile.

"Perhaps, if you take a seat and give us your name," Ana said as she waved to the last empty stool at the table. She took her freshly refilled glass and took a sip of the Porter.

CipherCodex

Postby CipherCodex » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:01 pm

"I am Private Ardex Crusher, Unseen Sons, formerly of Necromunda." Ardex states calmly as he takes a seat on the floor beside the bar. Even seated on his haunches both his head and shoulders rise above the bartop.

He smiles disarmingly (a skill learned from turf wars back home) and takes as non-threatening a pose as possible, though the guardswoman before him has not yet shown fear, he is not sure of the others in the building.

"And may I ask your name?"

OOC NOTE: I am assuming a standard bar height of 48" according to my local building codes.

Urban SHark

Postby Urban SHark » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:44 am

"Abram Blackburn. It's a pleasure to meet all of you. As for drinks, I'm afraid the only stuff they brew on Illisus isn't very enjoyable in taste. It uses fermented 'shrooms and probably serves better as a painful recaf substitute than alcohol."

The guardsman pulled a small bottle out, which contained a liquid of a slightly green tint. "Sorry for not having better, but the good ol' homeworld didn't provide much. Didn't even give me something to carry my mines in. So far I've just had to strap the bloody things to my chest and hope someone doesn't bump into me."

CipherCodex

Postby CipherCodex » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:47 pm

"Abram then." Ardex extends his right hand in greeting. "I knew a man who carried his mines like you, briefly. Orlock mines are potent, if nothing else."

Urban SHark

Postby Urban SHark » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:18 pm

Abram shook Ardex' hand, grinning a bit. "Well, hopefully I'll have a somewhat extended shelf life, huh?" The Illisian laughed softly. "If anything, I'll at least be able to threaten the rebels if they get too close." The bottle's contents sloshed a bit as he shifted it towards the Necromundan. "Want some 'shroom juice?"