[Open - rank restrictions] "The Fox Hole" - Mess and Rec Room

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:25 pm

Paxton nodded at Wilfred's explanation, as much as he wanted to confirm that it was safe for both of the to drink without threat, that was something he could not guarantee on this planet. He might have complimented his new friend on his generosity and noble actions, but before his could speak the little women had jumped in to the conversation as she joined them at the bar. He couldn't help but give a chuckle at her blatant comments. "Well I thank you all the same for looking out for us, but doesn't the bartender count as the sober man to watch over us." he gestured to the man bringing two large mugs to him. Good, they still had the Valhallan mead in stock. The corporal placed one of the two to his left for Savin, before looking down to the rattling on her tiptoes. "Would you like a hand up to your stool?" he smile genuinely, oblivious of any offence as he offered a large hand which sAving could almost us for a seat.
//

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:29 am

wilfred cocked his head. "Bartender dose not count. Bartender could be spy and or noncombatent and there for unable to protect." he said with a simple shrug. then turned to look at the ratling with a warm grin. "yes. It can be considered a shithole when compared to the open green and relative peacefulness of this planet. But it is home. And that is the upper tunnles closer to the surface. the deeper you go the safer it becomes. " he took a sip of his tea as he also offered his hand. while smaller than the Valhallens it would be big enough for her to grab onto as she could step onto the larger mans hands with a bit more ballance.

QuothTheRaven

Postby QuothTheRaven » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:31 pm

"Oh, why thankee, kind sirs," Savin drawls, mimicking an accent similar enough to her own to the men's ear. She probably assumes they can tell it's supposed to sound like a demure high-born lady from her homeworld.
She pulls herself up onto the stool and the bartender slides her a mug without having to order. She takes the cup, almost comically large in her hands, and tilts it back, downing half of it in one go.
"Whew! Card-sharping is thirsty work!" She grins impishly at the two newcomers. "Serves em right for tryin to take advantage of a dumb agri-worlder on her day off."

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:34 pm

wilfred let out a snicker as he put his hand to the center of his chest. bowing his head and back down slightly as he also started to mimic some of his homeworlds nobles "It is my pleasure baroness. I live to serve." watching half impressed by her drinking . "Remind me to not gamble agenst ya" he said smirking at her.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:45 am

//

QuothTheRaven

Postby QuothTheRaven » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:23 am

Savin lets out an undignified giggle-snort. "What did the officers have to say about that?"
She sits between the two humans, feet swinging in the air, seated the difference in height seems even more pronounced. If it weren't for the saltiness of her language she could easily be mistaken for a child.
She takes another sip of beer from her mug, making the second half last.

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:49 am

Wilfred leaned in taking a simple sip from his tea and snickered as he heard his new friends story. "surprised your friend was not shot by the nobles guard. unless you got off planet that day." he said simply. Slouching back in his seat. The height difference between him and the rattling didnt seem to off put him that much, if at all.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:45 pm

"Well, Back then we were in a war of attrition with orks so dress standards had pretty much gone out the window at that point." Paxton explained before taking another swig. "As for the noble, by the end of the game he didn't have a weapon left on him to shoot! Also for that matter it was him who left soon after that. He wasn't too keen to stay around long with the orks about, let alone the shame of his lose.". Paxton placed his empty vessel down and motioned to the bar tender for another.
//

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Wed May 23, 2018 1:58 am

time warp

Croaker stepped into the Foxhole, looking only slightly worse for the wear. The Sisters gave him a good dressing down for bothering them with lesser injuries, it had set his nose back into place. (Owch.) he had both nostrils blocked up with tissues and there was a bit of purplng under his eyes.

Croaker sat down at the bar and waved for a bottle of whatever was cold. Which the bartender promptly provided. Instead of drinking it. Croaker held it to the side of his face for a bit.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Wed May 23, 2018 1:01 pm

"What happened to you?"

The large Croaker would find himself sitting next to, judging from his fatigues and purple eyes, an extremely average looking Cadian. His dirty blonde hair was hidden underneath a beanie, a sensible thing in this weather and he seemed to also be nursing a sparsely used drink in his hands. Next to the young Cadian was a large black bag that likely held more than a Lasgun.

His question sounded sincere like he might be genuinely a little worried about his wellbeing.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Wed May 23, 2018 2:31 pm

“Ah, ‘‘tis but a scratch.” Croaker smiled as he pulled the beer away. Effortlessly he twisted off the top of the bottle and sipped a bit. It was sweet and fruity.

“I hath simply lowered my guard when i shouldst kept it up.” Croaker peered at the smaller man. “Pardon me cousin, but hath we met before? Thou seemst familiar but i canst place from where.”

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Wed May 23, 2018 2:42 pm

The young man nodded in understanding, seeming to take his strange accent in his stride. "I don't think so. I just got one of those faces that looks like everyone else's," he shrugged, "Though you aren't the first Katavarian I've met before. Was on a patrol with one the other day. Didn't run into anything but he had good jokes."

He looked at the wounds on his face a bit then asked, "Were you sucker punched or did they get lucky?"

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Wed May 23, 2018 2:50 pm

“Ah, that doth sound probable, we Katavarians are a humorous lot. Did he tell thee the one about the sister from NunTucket? That doth be a good one.” Croaker smiled. “It couldst be said that all lucky punches doth be sucker punches. Though in this case, ‘twas mostly mine own arrogance.” He flexed his biceps impressively, “and pride in my own strength.”

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Wed May 23, 2018 3:07 pm

"that's an understatement" came the voice of a new arrival as levi made his way into the fox hole

"real smooth work ya twit."
guard characters: ///

Archer

Postby Archer » Wed May 23, 2018 3:18 pm

Luca yawned, he was taking Lieutenant Neskovich's advice and going to drink, of course, he'd never actually sat his intention was to drink. So he had borrowed a guitar from Carolyne. Carrying it in a case he stepped in walking over to the bar, he frowned a little a patted Croaker on the back as he took the seat beside him. Guitar case leaned against the bar. "I'll have whatever he is having."

Mentally he was still mulling over what Vayne had said... He would never have a place on Valmeria because to them he would just another guard, one who didn't leave.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Wed May 23, 2018 3:42 pm

The Cadian looked as if he was about to reply but was cut short by a new voice. He looked over to see a very strange and feral looking man come up to them, apparently knowing this Katavarian next to him. Thinking that the conversation was likely ending soon, he turned to the Katavarian. "Funny how often it's pride that brings us down. Though, I have a feeling the other guy probably looks worse," he gave a small, light-hearted smile, "And I think don't think I had the pleasure of hearing that joke. Sounds like one I would remember."

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Wed May 23, 2018 4:12 pm

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Wed May 23, 2018 4:28 pm

"If I remember correctly, Luca is buying." a northern accent chimed in behind the redhead. Ahde leaned gently on Luca's shoulder, clearly a couple of drinks in, but in good spirits, "Don't worry lad, I'm good for the next round."

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Wed May 23, 2018 5:00 pm

They were suddenly joined by more newcomers, all who seemed to know of each other at the least. The Cadian seemed to draw inward as they all talked to each other, not really comfortable with the growing number of people joining their conversation. He looked down at the drink he has barely partaken in.

"My name's Jack," he said, not really expecting an answer or to be included in whatever conversation was about to spawn from their newcomers. He was just a random Cadian after all.

Archer

Postby Archer » Wed May 23, 2018 11:32 pm