[Open] Barber Shop

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:33 pm

It is required of every Guardsmen to maintain grooming standards and one of those requirements is keeping hair within regulation. Thankfully, there is a place where it can be done. You may complain that it’s a rip off that they make you pay for something you are required to get but it’s relatively cheap and typically worth the price compared to the unskilled hands of those in the barracks.
Next to Stockwell’s Stores is a green tent with a sign in the front on top of a chair. It reads:

When one stepped inside they would immediately be greeted by an antiseptic smell tinted with lemon and sometimes with a good morning from a barber. The entire right side of the tent was lined with chairs, starting at the entrance. It is an unspoken rule that if people are waiting in line you take the seat furthest away and shift to the next seat once the next person gets up. Even officers and Commissars are at the mercy of the queue for skipping will not be tolerated. At the back wall, there is a large supply closet and a small table which on top were random books, magazines, a radio that played music, and another sign. It read:

Price:
Regulation Haircut: 1 Throne, Credit, Script, or equivalent
Shave/Trim: 1 Throne, Credit, Script, or equivalent
Other Haircuts: Consult Barber
Appointments: Consult Barber
NO REFUNDS!!

Rules:
NO FIGHTING!!
NO STEALING!!
BE RESPECTFUL!!
Do not mess with the Barber while they are cutting hair.
Do not change the music.
Listen to the Barber.
Barbers can deny service to anyone.

VIOLATORS WILL BE KICKED!

On the left of the entrance were five barber workstations with corresponding chairs, each individualized to the barber they belonged to. The barber chair closest to the door is surrounded by boxes, belonging to the shortest and best barber on base. Private Kira Belvanette of the 772nd Korvazen Tiger Rifles is the manager of this establishment and is dedicated to keeping clean and operational while maintaining customer satisfaction. She’ll listen to your comments, complaints, concerns, praise, and what not but whether she’ll do something about it is another story. This is still the Guard after all.

[[If you want to be a barber, let me know. They will be either Kira or NPCs otherwise. Respect the rules and wait your turn.]]
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:18 pm

It was all ready to go. Kira showed up thirty minutes early before the already early start time to make sure everything was in tip-top shape and ready to go. Everything survived the night and was in the same place they were before. She finished sweeping the floor and setting up her station. She looked in the mirror and played with the red ribbon and poof in her hair to make sure it was all fine and dandy. With a satisfied smile, she blew a kiss into the mirror, and then went over to turn on the radio. It was still playing music for the talk shows weren't on yet. It was some sweet jazz, reminding her of her homeworld. The Ratling picked up the sign and chair to bring them outside, the only real indicator beside the music to tell that the shop was open. She doubted anyone would be waiting for her this early but every once and awhile some poor trooper with an early inspection needed a last minute miracle. If no one was outside to greet her, she would go back inside and do another final check of the tools of her trade, compelled to do something while she waited.

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:58 am

There's a knock on the doorway, followed by a a slightly nervous voice, trying to sound cheery, "H-hello? Anyone home?"

Hera Donovan steps through the door, "Uh..hey there. I'm looking to get my hair done. I heard someone here was one of the best..."

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:46 am

Kira's slightly pointed ears picked up the sound of footsteps before she heard the knock on the door. She turned to see a golden blonde standing in the doorway, asking for a haircut and was looking for the best.

"Well look no furtha, suga! You're lookin' at her! Come right in and take a seat!" The Ratling beamed with her white teeth as she patted her barber chair for the newcomer to sit.

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:42 pm

"Thank you," Hera smiles, holding back her nerves. It's just a hair dye job. Why are you nervous? Maybe it's because it's rebellious and outside regulation.

"Last time I had my hair done, well, it wasn't my choice, heck I wasn't even conscious," she babbles, indicating to the short back to her hair but long sides, as she takes a seat, "But I need a specific hair job for a....let's say special operation I'm on. It's outside typical regulation, though not completely frowned on. Pending your superior."

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:09 am

When she talked about her hair Kira also looked at it as well. It was golden blonde, cut short except for the sides in front of her ears, and a little disheveled. It told her that she was a little rebellious, which she confirmed when she wanted a haircut outside regulation, but there was something.... lost about her. She also began forming ideas about how to best use what she had available. When her customer finished talking the Ratling returned her attention back to the customer. "I love haircuts but it's never fun when someone makes you get them? Takes all the fun out of it," she admitted, "So, who's hair am I cutting today?"

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:22 pm

A far away look briefly flashes through her eyes as she answers, "You'll be cutting mine, but if a record in the books needs to be made, say it's 'Alya Talus' instead of 'Hera Donovan'. My...uh...handler will know what it means."

"Firstly I'd like it neatened up a bit in the back, my last barber probably tried to cut it with a knife or maybe wire cutters. I'd also like to shorten the sides a bit, maybe just a bit past chin level rather than my shoulders. But most importantly, I need a blue streak dyed in my bangs."

Hera quickly holds up her hands in case there's a protest, "I know it's a bit ganger inspired, but for the operation I'm working on, that's the look I'm supposed to go for."

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue May 01, 2018 2:29 am

Kira looked understandably confused when she offered two names. Was this person some sort of spy? Who else had handlers, besides maybe those who deal with abhumans like her? However, it wasn't her job to ask questions, she didn't want any scrutiny as well, so she kept quiet. The Ratling listened to what she wanted, all rather reasonable and she felt sort of sorry for her. Only in the most barbaric and dire of circumstance should one use such tools, and even then she could give a much better haircut than what she got. It was truly tragic, and a wrong Kira would do her best to remedy. When she said she wanted a blue streak on her bangs Kira's eyes lit up with excitement. She can't remember the last time she died anyone's hair! This was typical because most regiments forbid it; so when someone asked for it her heart couldn't help but beat a little faster.

An eyebrow raised when 'Alya' held up her hands after she admitting it like it was a crime. Kira didn't care if it was 'ganger inspired', she wanted to dye some hair! "Alright suga, ya got it!" she smiled as she began going to the supply closet, "My name's Kira by the way. I have to ask though if I do this will I have any angry officers stormin' into my little slice of heaven?"

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Fri May 04, 2018 10:58 pm

"Well I can't promise no one will try, but if they storm over, I can clear the skies for you again," Hera shrugs.

Don't make promises you can't keep. The idea is to look like you're a delinquent. The more Holt has to clean up or cover up the more suspicious you become.

"You won't have to worry about it." Hera attempts to give the Ratling a pleasant smile. "At least not very long."

There's a pause, "That sounded better in my head. Long story short, there won't be anything to worry about."

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue May 08, 2018 2:27 pm

The Ratling listened to her customer with her keen, slightly pointed ears as she reached for her semi-hidden stash of hair dye. It wasn't illegal or anything to possess hair dye, but she wanted to avoid unnecessary scrutiny. 'Alya' continued to assure her that nothing would happen to her.... but then kept talking about it, with less certainty. This caused Kira to look back at her, concern gracing an unconvinced frown. After she gave her final reassurance Kira nodded, made sure she had what she needed, and closed the closet. "Well, it wouldn' be the first time," she said as she set her supplies on her desk. She then spun the chair so 'Alya' faced the mirror. "So where do ya want ya streak, suga? Ya said bangs, yeah? Specific spot or the whole thin'?" she asked.

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:27 am

Hera makes a circle around the bangs on her right side, above her eye, "Right in this area. Should be easy to notice but not too much to stand out."

A kinda mischievous smile begins to form on her face, "Just enough to appear a bit ganger. Maybe not convince anybody I was, but enough to convince someone I could be or become."

...you're starting to enjoy this! This that can get you killed! Well...only if you screw up. Or tick of a commissar while doing your job. No pressure.

Hera just ignores her internal turmoil some more, and finally sits in the chair. She shifts a bit trying to look less nervous, one hand rummaging through her pocket, "So, Kira, the sign says 1 credit, but how much for the dye job?"

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:26 am

Kira carefully noted mentally where 'Alya' wanted the dye. Easy to notice but not stand out? The only people around here with dyed hair were Chem-Dogs, perhaps those Unseen Sons varments. It would be a bit tricky to pull off the 'enough to convince but not enough to be discreet' thing she wanted but she will do her best. She would indeed look like a ganger but she will sure stand out on this base with dye. However, this by no means undercuts her willingness to do it. In fact, she grew more eager to do it which only compounded with her customer's enthusiasm. She gave a big smile. "Don' ya worry there, suga! It's been awhile but dyin' is like ridin' a bike: done it once ya know how ta do it forever," she said with confidence. It helped that there were also instructions on the box.

When she got settled in the chair Kira got on her stand, wrapped some barber's gauze around her neck, then threw over the barber cape. "Well, dye ain' the cheapest here since that Rogue Trader is messin' up trade. But, I'll say... 3 creds for the whole thing," she smiled, able to be seen from the mirror, "With that, we are gonna cut ya hair, give it a nice wash to help out the dye, then put some dye in it. Sounds good, suga?"

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:40 pm

"Three Creds..." her hands drop into her pockets where she rummages around for a bit, setting bits of junk on the counter top as she searches. "Where...are...I'm pretty sure I...hold on one moment...Aha! There they are."

Hera finally fishes out the 3 credits from her pocket, "I knew I had some on me."

She quickly retrieves her random objects (a pocket chrono, some polish, gloves) and stuffs them back into her pockets, before turning back to Kira, "Sorry 'bout that, but I'm now ready whenever you are."

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:07 pm

Kira was a little surprised when 'Alya' started pulling out things from her pockets. She watched all the curious things that came out of her pockets until she pulled out three credits. Well, at least she can pay. "Ya can hold on to those creds until we're done. Gotta make sure we got it right first," she gave her a soft smile as she went to grab scissors and a comb. She got on her stand, combed the right of Alya's hair a few times, then gently grabbed some hair between her fingers a little past Alya's chin line and began cutting. "So what do ya want me to call ya right now, hun? Alya or Hera?" she asked.

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:27 am

Hera actually has to think about it. She'd honestly rather be called Alya, as it is her real name. However it's been so long it almost feels...inaccurate? Was that the word.

"Hera's fine," she ultimately decides, trying not to make any sudden moves. Last thing she needs is an uneven cut. "I guess having multiple names makes things a bit complicate, huh?"

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Kira continued to cut as ‘Alya’ contemplated her answer. She moved on to cutting the left side when she said that she preferred to be called Hera and remarked how hard it was to have multiple names.

“I hear ya, suga. It’s why I keep mine to a minimum,” she replied, “What the real trick is rememberin’ who knows what name and makin' sure they don' meet anyone knowin' ya by a different name.”

It probably wasn’t surprising the Ratling could empathize. While Kira tried to keep herself clean physically and of any underworld activity, sometimes even hair products can’t be retrieved by conventional means.

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:30 pm

The door squeaked open as a new customer entered the shop. Looking incredibly ragged, the young man took a seat, reading the sign as he did so. He had just been paid, and getting a haircut and a shave had been on his mind for quite a while now.

Without thinking, a hand went to his chin. He'd never been able to grow facial hair, not for lack of trying. It was just that no matter what he tried, it always looked disgusting or strange. His father, and all the men before him, had magnificent beards, though his face seemed to take after the men of his mother's family.

His train of thought continued as he waited for someone to help.

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:08 am

"I'm still learn..."

She pauses as the newcomer enter the barber shop, "Oh, hello."

Hera realizes how loose she has been with her tongue. If anything the barber, Kira, has the ability to make you talk. Something that would be admired or charming in the hair design business. Maybe not so much in Hera's current business. Best not reveal too much to her or this new customer.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:06 am

Kira listened until she heard the door open. She paused for a moment to see who came through the door. It would be vain to say she’s seen everyone on base but she’s never seen a face, uniform, or hair like that before. After Hera uttered her greeting Kira added, “Welcome to the Barber Shop, suga! Ya in a hurry?”

While she wanted to stay with one client, Hera was going to take a bit and sometimes urgency takes precedence. Plus Kira could cut a standard Guard haircut in her sleep.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:17 pm

A figure entered the tent, its arrival unexpected to all but Kira herself and even that's debatable.
It approached with delicate caution as if navigating in a minefield, for the amount of knowladge it has regarding each is of equal measure.
The figure in question was a towering carapace-clad cameleoline-shrouded Respirator-breathing Krieger and it was very very confused -evident by the way it looked all around with no small amount of loss.
Finally the giant found what it was searching for and leveled its gaze to Kira
"Salutations. Reporting per invitation for 'Haircut' Proceadure" the muffled voice announced

/