[Open] Barber Shop

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:17 am

Lourn's head snapped to Kira when she spoke before shaking his head, a good-natured smile on his face.

"Nah, I've waited this long, I can wait a few more minutes."

He turned to the door opening and visibly shrunk back when he saw the Krieger walk in, obviously intimidated. Taking a random magazine nearby, he tried to look otherwise interested and not at all like he was sneaking glances at the figure, though the incorrect orientation of the magazine rather ruined the appearance.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:54 pm

The skittish trooper answered, saying he wasn’t in a rush. Good, more time to make Hera’s hair beautiful then. The next newcomer was without a doubt one of the biggest surprises but no doubt welcome. It could only be one person. How many other Krieg did she know after all?

“Heya Erika!” Kira smiled, “Just take a seat and I’ll get to ya, suga.”

She continued to work on Hera’s back of the head. “So what brin’ ya to my humble shop Erika?” she asked without looking at her.

The music changed from the player to some more jazz, this time something a little more soothing with a female singer.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:10 am

Hera couldn't help but tense a bit as Erika entered, but relaxed again when the Krieger spoke. Ever since the mission to Hab 11-817, she hasn't been able to feel comfortable around the Kriegers, not that she ever was before. Hera couldn't help but feel like they were more mechanical and mindless than the Enginseers and Skiitari on base.

However Erika has always been a bit...off compared to the others. She seems more sociable, at least, for a Krieger.

Still it did feel a bit weird that the Krieger would be there for a haircut, but that's not really any of my business is it?

Hera's focus then returns to Lourn. He seemed to also be unhinged by the Krieger. "You okay?"

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:56 am

/

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:53 pm

For a split second, the pilot relaxed, letting the music wash over him. It reminded him of his mother's voice, and her lullabies when he was much younger. And then the Krieger spoke. Panicking, he blurted out the first thing to come to mind.

"Uh. Well, it's not so much a dialect so much as an espionage tactic."

The words had barely left his mouth when he launched an internal tirade against himself, unleashing a silent string of profanities that would make a Catachan weep, all while politely smiling at the Kriegerin.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:15 am

Hearing her response, Kira gave Erika a smile. The conversation between her patrons seemed to take a strange turn, talking about espionage and code. She decided it was best to stay out of it. After a few touch ups, Kira looked over her work then turned Hera to look at the mirror. “A cut like that, suga?” she asked as she looked into the mirror too.

[You can determine if she’s done or not TheRedauthar]

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:54 am

The Krieg unit raised a fist to mock-support its leaning head "Is it? What is your Target then? This Unit can assist."
The tilt of the face giving it an expression conveying 'Go on. Amuse me.'
Last edited by Johannes Wyss von Krieg on Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

/

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:50 am

While he appeared calm on the outside, he was screaming internally. His bluff had been called, he had no choice but to keep going now.

"Well, I don't actually have a target. I'm not sure how it works on Krieg, but on Phantine, this is required knowledge for infiltration units. Traitors are notoriously unorganized, after all. I'm just keeping my skills sharp."

To be completely honest, he wasn't sure if that was true or not.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:27 pm

The Krieg Scout continued staring at the Phantinite, shifted into a more eased position, content at toying with the poor Pilot "Assumption is Partially Correct: Disorganisation in Traitors' Ranks occurs due to Loyalist Resistance and Lack of Supplies, the Measure of Disorganisation depends on how thorough the Betrayal is planned and amount of Personnel involved. Maintaining High Operational levels through repetition of Methods is always expected. How does your method work?"

/

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:10 pm

Hera tilts her head from side to side, turning it while looking in the mirror to examine the cut. It's well done, honestly much better than she had expected.

And this time, it was one I wanted. She smiles, quite pleased, "Perfect! Well done!"

She turns and watches the 'discussion' between the krieger and Lourne. I take it back, Erika is terrifying!

Hera turns back to Kira, "I can step aside if you need to work on the others."

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:37 pm

Kira was mostly ignoring the chatter behind her. From the snippets she caught, it was getting a little weird. With Hera's approval, Kira beamed with pride. She turned with Hera to see what she was looking at: the two other patrons. That skittish looking fella seemed okay but she doubted it. "Don' be causin' too much trouble now," she said over to them.

When Hera said she could work on the others if she needed to the Ratling shook her head. "Nah, I don' have too much to do until we apply the dye and let it set," she said as she spun the chair so Hera faced the other wall. She stepped down from her stands to a stool by her station and put a warm tool on the lip of the bowl where she would put Hera's head. "Just relax, suga. I'm gonna wash ya hair now. Any preferences for shampoo? Conditioner? Allergies?" she asked as she got out another warm towel.

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:23 pm

Lourn turned to Kira, taking any excuse he could to interrupt this conversation.

"We're just chatting, no worries!" he answered, giggling nervously. He turned his attention back to Erika, swallowing hard.

"Well, the technique is only developed through training, which I don't have. I only really know about it because a close friend told me." As he spoke, his voice became less nervous, more somber. "We were supposed to be in the same class, but I didn't make the cut, and was sent to be a pilot instead. Meanwhile, she became an agent." He fell silent and closed the magazine, setting it aside.
Last edited by Heart|Soul on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:31 pm

[[OOC: *Throws prepared Post into Incinerator* Well I guess I can introduce Erika this way then]]

"Oh"
The Scout replied, taken aback by the Pilot's comment. Its posture lost its relaxed playfulness visible only to those acquitted themselves with the Kriegerin long enough to recognise it and returned back to the previous straightened position. "That kills the Mood alright" It continued with a much less -Kriegerly sentence.

With a hiss of de-pressurised air the Skull-plated Respirator slid down the Face of the Scout to reveal the face of a young woman, her skin and hair pale white and her Sapphire Blue Eyes conveying its own sombre emotion, one might even consider such a pretty face misplaced upon the creature Lourne conversed with just moments ago, one might consider it as a pretty face in the first place was it not for the pained expression of understanding plastered across it "I vas attempting to establish social conversazion by employing 'Leg Pulling'. I did not intendt it to kome to zis." The woman dropped her gaze back at her knees, as if attempting to bury herself deeper into the Carapace. "Sorry" she uttered, not knowing what else to say.

/

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:03 pm

A smile slowly spreads across his face as he turns towards her.

"Got y-" His voice caught in his throat as he caught sight of her face. The Krieger was a girl. An attractive one, at that. Well, then. He cleared his throat before stammering at her.

"N-no, don't- don't worry about it. I was. Um. ahem I was trying to- yeah."

He looked away, a hint of a blush forming on his cheeks.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:24 am

To whatever surprise Lourn had sustained, another one came right on top of it as the woman began to laugh, at first only minor changes at breating then various attempts at controlling her compusture until she could no longer keep the giggles and resorted to simoly let go of the laughter and see where the rocking brings her.
"Aren'dt you a kunning vone?" She finally said, once again managing to ger her emotions under control and wiping away a tear "Leg Pulling ze Leg Puller! Vat an exchange, though I am uncertain if you kann valk vith vone of my legs and I vith vone of yours."
The woman let her laughter finally die down (but not her spirits) and extended a hand to Lourn "You already know my name designazion, vat is yours?"
Last edited by Johannes Wyss von Krieg on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

/

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:26 am

"No preferences," answers Hera, "And no known allergies, at least not to any hair products I know."

The sudden laughter, startles her, and she turns to look at the Krieger. That was unexpected. Both frightening and curious.

She can't help but stare, but slowly she turns back to Kira, "That was new. I guess you get to see a bit of everything here, huh?"

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:00 am

The pilot simply blinked as the Krieger laughed, trying to figure out if he was dreaming or not. So, not only was the Krieger a woman, but one with a sense of humor. This had to be a dream.

He was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he almost missed her question. He numbly grabbed her hand and shook it, quickly deciding that this was, in fact, real.

"Lourn. Nice to meet you."

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:37 pm

Her gloved hand clasped around his in a tight and strong grip and moved with robotic servitor-like manner, as if trained specifically to do the exact satisfactory handshake every single time. The Metal protective Plates on the fingers and knuckles make it appear like naked bone in a death grasp. "And Now we do Handt Pulling" Erika replied with a grin.

Her eyes moved up and down the Phantinte and sparked with curiosity "Your Uniform iz not Guardt Standardt Issue, vat is your Kombat Role?"

/

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:06 pm

Lourn swallowed. This was probably going to become incredibly ugly, incredibly quickly.

"That's... a bit complicated. I was a pilot, but I was shot down on a mission with some drop troopers. After that, my memory's a bit... fuzzy. My best guess is that I found a dead drop trooper, took his gear, and made my way back. Now, I'm just a regular Guardsman, and they let me keep what I had. Something about a shortage?"

He looked at her with a good deal of confusion on his face, as if silently asking her to explain.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:47 am

"Oh zat? We haffe ekvimpent shortages from sabotage and supply chain Being Cut off from ze rest. Nothing zat we kannot deal vith, ze city iz not fully skavanged yet and ze Tau haffe ze same problem." Erika Dismissed with a wave of her hand "Zo if you don't needt to be supplied, ze munitorum vill not bozer reissuing unless zey rekvire Drop-Troop Ekvimpent Specifikally" a realisation hit her, one she did not consider before, the woman turned to Lourn with a question "Vait, vere you integrated into a Unit or Regiment?"

/