[Open/Social] "Behind the Sheds" Trading Post

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:17 pm

Hat's smile managed to get wider. She held up a finger for him to wait and then crouched down to dig through her big rucksack. It took a few minutes, looking back at him occasionally as if she were judging something, but then she stood back up and turned with something in her hand. She held out to him a simple black beanie to him. It almost seemed a standard issue one. Her other hand pulled out the Iho stick in her mouth so she could say, "It's clean, I washed it. Is this good?"
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:35 am

Joseph bent down towards the hat for a closer look, almost in astonishment. He reached out and felt the beanie with a finger, it was soft and nice to the touch. He suddenly contracted a smile like the women before him. It reminded him of the tea cozy he had 'borrowed' from somewhere and worn on his head until it had been ruined in a snow fight. "It's great!" he smiled back as he received the gift, bending back up and applying the headdress. It was a bit of a tight fit due to his untamed hair, but after rolling back a little it fitted properly. It was perfect, it could hang of his head like a sock if it was too hot, but could be pulled down to almost cover his whole face if it was cold! It also opened up several possibilities for him, for example: since he didn't need his hair for warmth any more, he could actually have a hair cut! Did anyone do hair cuts on bass? As he finish enjoying the coronation of his newest piece of warm gear, he smiled once more to his newest friend. "Thank you my friend, let me know if you ever need anything. I'm always keen to lend a hand if I can."
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:50 am

Hat was actually a little surprised that he accepted it. Few wanted to accept anything from her, being a Chem-Dog. She watched as he studied and tested it, a smile growing on her face. He was the closest person she's encountered to having as much reverence for the garment as she has. He understood how useful, brilliant, and comforting such a simple thing could be. Hats were the only thing she truly possessed while she was in the penal mines of her homeworld. Seeing him play with it brought her back to the first time she got a hat, a simple helmet with a light on it. She was four. Her hazel eyes watered a bit as they threatened to produce tears.

He then turned back to her and thanked her for the gift, calling her friend. Friend. She didn't have many of those. Who would want to be friends with a convict after all? The blessing of the title was unreal enough but his proclamation of aid was unthinkable. She beamed with the biggest smile and impulsively gave him a quick hug of appreciation. She easily wrapped her arms around the thin man and her embrace was surprisingly strong. The moment was quick as she bounced back to her bag. She scooped up the rucksack so it hung from one strap as she gave him one last smile. "Thank you! Take care!" she gave him a final wave before sticking the Iho stick back in her mouth and asking the two vendors, "Which one of you wanted a chute harness harness?"

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:20 am

The sudden hug was unexpected, much like most of the actions of this women. The surprise and tight squeeze pushed the air out of his lungs, but it was a wonderfully sincere gesture. Joseph hadn't had a hug since he left Te Harinui, not many of his Bacaran brothers were keen for hugging after being convicted and sent off world. He had missed hugs. It was nice to receive such kindness, this world seem so full of it... full of people who actually showed some kind of humanity towards him. It made him feel like his old self once more.

With that she gather her stuff and gave a last good bye and wave before heading to the civis behind the boxes. "You too! See ya around!" he replied as he gave a single wave back. With that he turned on his own way, whistling a simple, yet joyful tune as he made his way back to return the horde of lho to his brother. After a while, he stopped as he realized he never got his new friends name. But with a shrug he carried on. It was a small base and the hat producing guardswomen seemed to be unique in her looks and mannerisms. It would be hard to mistake her, so he can find it out when they next cross paths.

[[Newly crowned Joseph is out]]
//

Guardsman Samantha Hawke

Postby Guardsman Samantha Hawke » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:49 am

Characters: ,

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:22 am

With a smile, Hat bobbled her way to the done up woman's table and plopped her rucksack on the ground in front of it. She admired the done up woman for a moment. She looked a little bit like a Guardswoman with the fatigues, whom she couldn't say, but she wore makeup that was beautifully and expertly applied. Her wood brown hair was put in a perfect French Braid, which in Hat's opinion was a little strange. Her neck and ears were adorned with jewelry, things she obviously didn't own. If it were for her attire, she could pass as a noble, or at least what the Chem-Dog thinks a noble would look like.

"You look very pretty today. You just need a hat to accentuate your style," she said to her then added, "Do I know you?"

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:56 am

Raymond gave a wolfish smile, "Sam, I live in a den of inequity, I don't need to take my pleasures in little wooden latrines." he nodded to the retreating Joseph, "I also don't prey on those who need help. That one is clearly kicked around by enough people already."

He watched as Hawke and the Chem Dog discussed the possibility of their trade. Lighting up what nominally appeared to be a lho stick, the seneschal let his mind wander to contemplation, while thick, sweeter smoke pooled around him and the young trooper.

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

Guardsman Samantha Hawke

Postby Guardsman Samantha Hawke » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:11 pm

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:19 am

The woman didn't seem to believe her. Hat couldn't blame her given that she was a convict, which is kind of ironic considering what they were doing right wasn't legal. She didn't dwell too much on it for she found what she was looking for in her bag. Right when the woman asked about the harness she pulled out the harness. It dangled in her hands in front of the vendor as she had a big smile on her face.

"One grav chute harness harness! Lightly used," she said. If the vendor took very close attention to it they would find some dried blood on one of the straps.

Guardsman Samantha Hawke

Postby Guardsman Samantha Hawke » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:45 pm

“Oh! Very nice! Let’s see it! Let’s see it!” Hawke’s eyes widened along with her avaricious smile at the sight of the tangle of leather straps and buckles. Hastily, she snatched it away and began turning it over in her hands. “Yeah, nice, nice. Good support. Nice weight distribution. Leather isn’t too worn. . . I won’t ask where you got it.“ Still beaming she looked back up at her resourceful new customer.

“What were you hoping to trade for it?”

[[Rolled 0 + 0 careful = 0 To spot the stain. T_T ]]

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:41 pm

Happy that she found it satisfactory, Hat smiled. Then it was asked what she wanted. "Well, I don't think you guys have what I want," she said as she closed her bag, "But I would like a hat. A Mordian combat cap with the flak inlaid in it. Like what they usually wear to fights. They look so cool and official looking while still being protective. So crisp and sharp."

She looked like a fangirl preaching about Commissar Cain as she spoke about the cap. She shook her head and looked back to the brunette. "I'll give you the harness harness now because someone asking for something so specific likely needs it now, but then you guys can get me the hat later if that's okay," she proposed.

Guardsman Samantha Hawke

Postby Guardsman Samantha Hawke » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:31 pm

“No, that won’t work.” Hawke replied, as she began pulling packs of lhos from her rucksack. “I’ll pay you for the harness now. We can add the hat to the list, and if we ever get one, you can buy it.” There. Ten packs. Seemed like a fair price. Hawke held her offering out for Hat to consider.

“Sound good?”

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:35 pm

She nodded in agreement to the compromise. That was fine with her, she can be patient. However, when she held out ten packs of lho sticks she just looked at them. She considered for a moment then asked the purple-eyed lady, "Do you have any lighter fluid?"

To emphasize the point and show what she was talking about, she pulled a small metal lighter from one of the pouches on her belt. She flipped it open and sparked a flame almost simultaneously before she shortly closed it.

Guardsman Samantha Hawke

Postby Guardsman Samantha Hawke » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:02 pm

“Not on me. Except for what’s in my own lighter.” As if suddenly reminded, Hawke lit a fresh lho and tucked it into the corner of her mouth. “Though I can get you some by tomorrow. You’ll have to sweeten the deal, though.” She jabbed a finger at the pack the ex-con had dropped at her feet. “If you’re handing out hats. . . Do you have a Valhallan ushanka in there?”

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:36 pm

Hat understood. The woman needed her own fuel to praise the Flame Lord. She said that she could get her some tomorrow, which was fine with Hat, but she then poked her pack and asked for a Valhallan ushanka. At this Hat became very uncomfortable. She placed both of her hands on top of her pack and didn't seem to make eye contact with her. She didn't like just 'handing out' her hats. Hats, to her, were a token of friendship. The hairy man who almost ran into gave her something. Most didn't give anything besides a dirty stare and insults at Chem-Dogs, so the kindness he displayed by giving her an lho pack instantly made him worthy of one of her precious hats. Bargaining with a hat... it pulled at her heartstrings.

"Yes, came with the set. But you see, I'm not trying to be mean or hurtful but I only give hats to my friends," she quickly followed with, "Not saying we can't be friends, that would be awesome, but I don't think you want that, which I don't blame you."

She then reached for her bandoleer and pulled out a grenade. "How about a Krak?" she smiled and held it out to the vendor.

Guardsman Samantha Hawke

Postby Guardsman Samantha Hawke » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:45 pm

Sam’s eyebrow drifted upward as the Chem Dog gave her explanation. Hadn’t she just paid for lhos with a hat, just moments before? Why was this different? Oh well. Levi would have to look elsewhere to scratch that particular itch.

“Fine. Sure. Your call.” She replied dispassionately. “Never hurts to have another Krak. I’ll take the trade. Swing by again tomorrow and your lighter fluid will be waiting for you. Deal?”

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:32 am

Hat could sense some disappointment and confusion on the vendor's face but was happy to find that they had a deal. She smiled and said, "That sounds great! I will see you or whoever is here tomorrow then!"

She placed the Krak on the counter between them, slid the ten packs of lho sticks into her rucksack, and then in one motion picked up her rucksack and swung it onto her shoulders. "Good luck with the hat! In both finding that Mordian one and getting an ushanka," she called as she left the area.

[[Unless someone wishes to say something to her, Hat has left the scene.]]

Guardsman Samantha Hawke

Postby Guardsman Samantha Hawke » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:39 pm

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:53 pm

Amidst the excited discussion about the harness, there had been a very soft thump on the grass behind the crates, as Raymond had reclined slightly too far back in his state of relaxation, and hit the ground. Unnoticed, the seneschal had lain there, idly watching the Narisian sky and the occasional sparkling light, likely invisible to anyone else, and finished his smoke.
By the time Hawke had finished her exchange, the older man had gotten up and wandered away slightly, faintly aware that he'd agreed to do something, but uncertain what it had specifically been. He stood a little way off, tapping one finger on his chin, trying to remember the details of what Joseph had needed.

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

Guardsman Samantha Hawke

Postby Guardsman Samantha Hawke » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:11 pm

Since the little trading post was devoid of patrons once again, Sam turned to her partner in crime for entertainment. Perhaps a lewd joke or two would help pass the time.

“Hey Raymond, you think--” He was gone. Where the frak did he go! He still had her boots!

Sam stood up from her seat on one of the trading post crates, lost her balance, plopped back down, then hoisted herself back up again. Stupid heels! It was slow progress, but she found that if she pretended she was walking on tiptoes she could stay stable.

With some effort she rounded the corner of the sheds and looked around frantically for her elder compatriot. She breathed a sigh of relief as she spotted him wandering around the courtyard.

“Hey! Get back here!” She called out to him.