[Open/Social] "Behind the Sheds" Trading Post

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:46 pm

Raymond lifted his head at being shouted to, and noticed Sam. He squinted, uncertain at what was happening, and waved back in a friendly manner.
He meandered back towards Hawke, before slowly veering off course and staring up at the sky again. After a few more false starts, he reached his companion, and patted her shoulder a bit unsteadily.
"Did I miss something?" he furrowed his brow at her concerned face.

Leaning sideways to look around the corner back at the crates, he looked puzzled, "Huh, there's nobody on duty today?"

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:54 pm

[Post-Candlemass scene moving along]

Over the harshest point of winter it seemed that the trading post had temporarily vanished. The underground activity had lulled, largely for lack of an outdoor venue that wouldn't kill the traders from exposure to the elements.
However as spring broke across Naris, it appeared that at least one of the traders had awoken form hibernation.

It took a few days for word to get around, which was preferable to the seneschal, but Raymond was back at the usual location. His usual trading partner had been scooped up by a junior commissar as some kind of temporary assistant, leaving the older man working solo for the time being.
In good spirits regardless, Yorke Sr sat and guarded the stash with an updated trading folder.

~~ WANTS ~~
- Brake fluid
- Toothbrushes
- Scouring pads
- Usual Contraband
- Flags

~~ HAVES ~~
- Lho and other smokeables
- Current Romantic Remy Issue (unused)
- Limited Romantic Remy Back-Issues (used)
- Extremely rough whiskey (bottled)
- Regimental cap badges (misc)
- Damp Camera
- Various

Mordian Characters:

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:18 am

As Raymond stood there he could see a figure approaching. It was hard to tell from the slightly worn leather jacket but judging from the slightness of their frame and the softness of its face he could tell the being that it was a female. She looked rather bland from afar with olive-brown fatigue bottoms, black beanie, and dirt brown eyes but as she got closer he made out some more interesting details. He could spot some fiery red hair coming from her beanie down her back. A red bandana covered her neck and he could see that, while young, her eyes had long lost their spark of youth. Instead, they were those of a survivor of many horrors, always looking for exits and planning the next move.

The woman approached Raymond’s stand and eyed his goods before looking up at him. “How are things? Seems rather slow recently,” she said.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:08 pm

The seneschal smiled but didn't hassle the young woman while she sized up the items on offer. He nodded and conceded, "There was a little bit of a die-back, my regular trading partner got a job assisting one of the officers on base... Seemed folk thought we were operating a sting back here from that point on."
Pausing, he raised a finger, "I'd like to think I'd not be risking that kind of fracas on a few repurposed lho and blue magazines, but gossip is what it is."he shrugged cheerfully.

Mordian Characters:

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:47 am

The woman listened to what he had to say then nodded in agreement. “I remember hearing that rumor but I doubted it,” she said, “I chalked it up to Hawke’s…. Actions finally catching up to her. I can’t say I feel sorry for her nor sad to see her go, but it is a shame business had to suffer because of it.”

She took a final glance at the items before asking, “Do you have any clothing available? Something warm?”

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:26 am

There was a jangling of jars, as a man carrying a large crate, covered in a long fur cloth, walked up to both Ray and the woman. He was a lankily built man, in a camoline cloak, a large wide brimmed hat, and a long green scarf that was pulled up around his face at the moment. His eyes however sparkled merrily through the clear goggles he wore.

“G’day t’ya’ll. Ah hope yer in the market fer mure o’ mah homemade moonshine. Cause this hur be a good batch, none of that sap ya didn’t like tha taste of in et.”

Carmine said cheerfully as he set down the crate. Pulling back the cloth to reveal a collection of different jars filled with a clear liquid, Carmine continued talking,

“Ah hope ya managed to come across some meds, since the last time Ah talked to yer. Some o’ mah buddies aren’t looking too great. Ah’ve got thrones, iffen ya can’t take trade for em.”

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:02 pm

Raymond didn't react visibly to the woman's commentary, except to shrug, "It is a shame to lose the understanding companionship. Such things are hard to come by on a military base."
The seneschal pondered the question, and smiled, "Well, I don't keep much in by way of clothing, it's hard to guess what sizes people need. But I can certainly get something in. What is it you had in mind?"

As Carmine arrived, Raymond stepped back to allow the man to unload. With a dry chuckle, the seneschal produced a small shotglass and grinned, "You know that I can't shift anything without testing it."
Without a word, Raymond also produced a small, airtight tin, sealed with wax, and handed it over, "Meds. Sort payment later."

Mordian Characters:

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:34 am

The redhead as about to answer when she was interrupted by some random lanky man with a green scarf and wide brim hat carrying a large crate. If she didn’t have to listen to some people who barely spoke anything amounting to words she might not have understood a thing he was saying. Not caring that there was someone already doing business with Raymond, he proceeded to hawk his wares: alcohol for some meds. Needless to say, she looked rather annoyed as she crossed her arms and watched the exchange happen. After it was passed she decided to speak up, unfolding her arms.

“Mainly, I had in mind were coats and jackets. Warm stuff and or stuff to block rain and wind. Sizes medium up,” she said.

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:45 pm

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:55 pm

Mordian Characters:

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:04 pm

The redhead gave a nod to Raymond as she listened. The Moonshine man must have then realized his rudeness and offered not only a drink but to trade some hides. Hides and leathers were good for many things. Might remind a few men of their homes. “I’ll consider that and have that drink,” she said to Moonshine man.

She accepted the drink and tasted it as Raymond spoke to him. She nodded in agreement to what the older man said. “Good stuff indeed. I know some people who would like it,” she said then turn to address the two men to ask, “So what would you two want in exchange?”

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:16 am

"I find myself curiously short of able-bodied help these days." Raymond didn't disguise his reliance on the can beside him. Or perhaps the reliance was in itself a disguise, the seneschal was never exactly transparent in his dealings with others.
"I daresay you know of a few people who could find it in their nature to help move things around." he watched Gabby with a patient sort of smile.

Mordian Characters:

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:56 am

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:34 am

The redhead listened, sipping her moonshine. When they finished, she nodded in acknowledgment before turning to Raymond.

"It is true; I know people. As long as death isn't a certainty then they can be properly motivated to lend their expertise, if not their hands," she said before turning to Moonshine man, who introduced himself as Carmine, "And I can get my hands on all three of those things. Do you have a skin here by chance? See what I'm getting?"