[Full] Practice makes perfect - training course

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Archer
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Postby Archer » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:46 pm

Luca saw several targets noticing a couple would be harder to hit thanks to being obscured by civilians targets in front of them. The best way to avoid that was simply use a different weapon drawing two knives as he let his hotshot dangle. "I've got the ones behind the green targets focus on the others." He paused only a second to line up the arcs and then both knives left his hands with practiced grace. Letting both bury at just about neck level civilians unharmed. As he grabbed his hellgun joining the others before clearing the room. "Clear! He yelled for the others before checking in on the comms. "Room clear, move on our pull out?"

He turned towards the others in the unit, staying ready for whatever was voxed back to them, he didn't need to go kicking in doors on already clear rooms if the mission was done.

((Luca rolls to throw knives with forceful, he has a two in forceful.))


blinddeadmcjones
Posts: 899
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm
Location: Australia

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:49 am

[[Alric4403: maridas entry and room clear
Alric4403 rolls 4u1+3 = 3 forceful]]

following swiftly behind luca, marida strode through the doorway with the calm confidence that came with decades of experience, laspistol in one hand and her sword in the other. the second she was inside the hab the sargeant veered left towards the sanitation room, stabbing the blade into one hostile target and snapping off a quick double tap at another before she barged through the sanitation room door using her shoulder.

noting that the sanitation room occupant - situated inside the shower cubicle - had a green square on it she left it be and moved on to the kitchen, "clear!" marida called out as she neutralised the hostile target present in there with a swift jab of her right elbow, in the periphery of her view she could see sanders and brabham check and clear the two bedrooms.

satisfied with their breach, marida walked up to luca and tapped him on the shoulder "check, hab clear, consolidate and pull back"
guard characters: ///

User avatar
Tabitha Maru
Posts: 330
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Tabitha Maru » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:06 am

Sander's gave Luca a clap on the shoulder as he passed the corporal on the way out into the corridor and nodded towards the two knives embedded in the positions corresponding to where the neck would have been on a human. "Damn nice throw there, mate". The whole breach had gone of quite exemplary, swiftly and without incident. Not a single mark on the green squares, all red circles taken out. The whole thing had taken no more than twenty seconds, not nearly enough time for the hostiles to react.

Now with Becket's command, the group were heading out again. Outside #316 and her team had secured the corridor. The movement they had percieved had turned out to be nothing more than a curious green square, that had retreated back into their own hab as soon as the team had put it into it's sights.

On the other side of the entry hall, Thea's breach wasn't in any way worse. The grenade had gone in and went off, stunning the surprised plywood opponents inside. Thea charged in first, quickly heading into the corner and taking out the hidden opponent there. Munro followed, letting his rifle speak for him as he took out the two red circles on the far side of the room. Hitch and Raynor passing by him and Thea to secure the adjoining rooms. Kitchen secured first, as it lacked a door. Then Hitch took the sanitation room and Raynor and Thea took one empty bedroom each. This had had clearly been emptier than the other, but had it not been for the grenade and the Lionesses' quick reflexes the ambush in the corner would likely have scored a kill.

With both habs clear, the vox system crackled to life. The recreated voice of the lieutenant sounded through the hab.

++Nicely done. Quick and efficient, just like it should be.

Astora, impressive knifework. I'm a little concerned about it's applicability in a broader sense, but it worked here well enough. Next time you may want to have on ready in your hand though, you won't always have time to pull one out.

Kelmore and Munro, good job at thinking on your feet. Good solid execution despite not getting the plan you wanted.

#316, well done at that defensive perimeter. Mrs Prabchett over there is a bit roughed up, but good call on getting her out of immediate danger++

The loud thumping of a heavy stubber began echoing through the compound, coming from somewhere close above. Slightly muffled, suggesting there being something between you and it.

++The enemy has opened fire with their weapons on our transports outside and are pinning our troops. They have set up their heavy weapons team in the central area of on the left hand from the entrance. Probably have knocked down the walls to combine two habs into one. I need you to take them out quickly, but be careful. They know you're coming now.++

((The following description is for reference, just to inform your future posts. As you haven't ascended the stairs yet. Please describe how you're going to do so, and what you do to avoid any potential traps/ambushes ))

The second floor is laid out in the same manner as the first one, with one central hallway and two adjoining corridors with two habs on each side. Instead of an entrance and a "staff only" room, there's two balconies. One overlooking the street and the other overlooking the yard behind the building. Along the spine of the central hall stands two large boards, with inspirational murals on both sides displaying Acquilas and selected scenes of imperial and Narisian history, complete with some quotes from scripture.

According the lieutenant it is the habs on the left side facing the street that possibly have hostile presence, either door 1, 2 or both.

(( From our reliable cartographer, Johan:
))
Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2069
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:26 am


/

User avatar
LaxKnight
Posts: 931
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: United States

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:28 pm

The breach and clear was textbook. Thea cut several new notches at the heads of the wooden bad guys, one even losing their head. The rest of her team did well too. A few seconds was all it took to clear it. Once they regrouped outside the room they listened to what the Lieutenant had to say. Thea beamed with some pride on hearing him praise her quick thinking. They then all heard the heavy stubber fire from upstairs and the Lieutenant explained there was a heavy weapons team firing on their ‘transports’ and that it was likely two rooms are connected. He also warned that they now knew they were coming.

There was no time to lose, especially if this was real. Thea quickly rallied her team with a wave of her sword and they went up the left stairway. Thea was on point, shield raised above her head to knock anything any baddies would potentially throw down as Munro followed with Hitch and Raynor watching above and behind, respectively. They made it up the stairs they stacked up at the left corner before the hallway. Thea then saw one of the Krieg tell her plan with hand signs. Funny how more tactical the enlisted Krieg was compared to this Sergeant, she thought. It was kind of hard to tell what exactly the plan was but she got the gist of it and actually liked this plan.

++Roger. Moving into position,++ Thea replied over vox then raised her sword to signal her team to advance. They turned left and moved to the first door on the left. They stacked up then she turned to her team.

“Breach charge?” she asked quietly. They all shook their heads. She frowned. Would have been nice to have in this particular situation.

“Flashbang?”

Munro gave a nod as he pulled out another one. “Last one,” his gruff voice rumbled lowly. Thea nodded.

++Team 3 in position. Waiting on cue, over,++ Thea said over the vox.

After she said those words, something didn't sit right with the Lioness. This wasn't an ambush; they could be walking into a trap that had a heavy stubber in it. After a moment of pondering, she scowled to herself.

++This is Team 3. Hold off, repeat hold off. Going to try and get some eyes inside, over,++ Thea said over the vox. Her team looked at her kind of confused and she, in turn, looked at them, assessing. There was the stoic Vostroyan Munro, the Catachan Hitch, and the Mordian Raynor. Thea waved the thinnest and supposedly lightest of them, Raynor, toward her.

"Let's get a look through the vent," she whispered to her team. With Munro providing some overwatch, Thea and Hitch stood at the frame of the door and held their hands down for Raynor to mount. Doing their best not to make any noise and Raynor supporting herself on their shoulders during the accent, they managed to lift her into the air up to the vent. She did her best to peer inside.
Last edited by LaxKnight on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:



Archer
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Postby Archer » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:30 pm

Luca smiled and nodded. "Knives are better if you don't want them to know you are coming." He paused ripping the knives free before the heavy stubber started. Luca turned to the squad as they received orders he looked at them and waved them forward taking point once more. He moved up joining the unit eagerly readying his hotshot as they stacked up to breach. He looked across at the other squad with Thea in nodding to them.

++Astora and team ready to go. Let's give them a rude wake-up call.++

blinddeadmcjones
Posts: 899
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm
Location: Australia

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:13 am

setting up for the second breach, marida peered over to squad 3, watching as she peered through the vent and tapped her micro-bead while mentally evaluating their performance so far

++squad 4, proposition accepted, set up 66 for suppressive fire onto balcony, five second burst on my mark, cease fire on call of flashbang. squad 3 how many contacts?++
guard characters: ///

User avatar
Tabitha Maru
Posts: 330
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Tabitha Maru » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:30 am

Raynor did not even hesitate, ascending to on top of Thea's shoulders. Carefully peering through the vent, squinting her eyes and moving her head around to get as good look at the room as she possibly could. Leaning down away from the vent, she then whispered into the vox.

++Counting seven targets, three on the stubber. One moving into adjoining room. Three civvies huddling to the left. Noone covering the door. ++

On the Balcony, #66 and #316 got into position, seeing the muzzle flash of of the stubber and another rifle a couple of windows further to the left. Two targets could be seen by the stubber, both clearly hostile targets, and another figure could be seen in the far room. Unfortunantely it was impossible to tell whether the farther sillouette was a hostile or a civilian.
Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2069
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:56 am

An unidentifiable Target within Stubber Range and no Guards on Doors? Suspicious and Vague, neither are good in military operations.

They need to see the contents of the other room, including the target and if it's the same as the hostile target that moved there
Tapping into the Vox, Unit #8-316 whispered:
++Team 4 in Position. Spotted Heavy Weapon Team, Rifle on wall away from structure centre, Unidentified Target in adjacent room. Verifying via Magnoculars. Requesting secondary verification on second room. Advising Caution on Doors, possible traps or alarms.++

True to its word, #8-316 pulled out its Magnoculars and leaned out a bit to have a better view of both the rooms and the door.

/

Archer
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Postby Archer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:38 pm

Luca waved his hand giving a motion for them to stack up as he moved to peek through the vent carefully. ++I see one hostile entering the room, two others by the heavy stubber.++ He answered moving back from the vent after spotting the targets.

Luca then readied his hotshot preparing to kick the door in. ++Team two ready to kick in the door and start the party. Ready to go on the flash.++ The Lucifer answered waiting on the words to open the door and take out the target with haste and precision, know where they were it would be an easy attack, he'd go in first again.

User avatar
Tabitha Maru
Posts: 330
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Tabitha Maru » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:08 pm

#8-316's magnoculars allowed her to glean more details about the unidentified sillouette in the shadows. It was clearly armed for one, it had the tell-tale sign of being armed with a lasgun (by the looks of it, an actual lasgun and not just a cut out shape of it too). It was also neatly tucked into the corner, well out of the way of the moving figure. However, the position and angle still made the actual identity a mystery. Was it a friend or an enemy?

On the other side of the room, beyond the door, Luca did indeed see the figure being pulled on rails into the room, and the two gunners sitting by the stubber (and the loudspeaker standing in for actual gunfire) by the window beyond him. By the looks of things, the wall between the two habs had been knocked down to provide a larger enviroment in which to store ammunition.
The mystery figure too was visible, allthough it's allegiance was no clearer to him than to his collegues. What was visible however was how the lasgun had been attached to the sillouette with ropes, ropes which also wrapped around the sillouette's lower "body", and how the furniture around it made moving out of that corner difficult at best. By the look of things, it looked like it was meant to seem like a threat but not be one.

Far more concerning was the glimpse caught in a mirror tucked to the side. It showed the inside of the other door, the one Team 3 was waiting behind, and it showed string drawn across it, tied around a grenade. A booby trap.

((Let's all assume Luca reports what he sees in over vox, since the last post was that. You're still very welcome to make a new post reporting that in Archer, but this way at least you shouldn't have to feel pressured to make a post because everyone waits for you ))
Last edited by Tabitha Maru on Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2069
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:24 pm

The Kreigerin Put its Magnoculars back at their ceramite holster and clicked into the Vox
++Team 4 reporting: Door at Team 3 Grenade-Trapped. Unidentified Target armed with live Lasgun at Team 2 Room, to the Team Right.
Hab Rooms connected by Breached Wall
Enemy Positions Summery: Team 2 Room, 2 to 3 Hostiles. Team 3 Room, 3 Hostiles Weapon Team.
Advising Team 3 Breaching through Wall or with Team 2++

Last edited by Johannes Wyss von Krieg on Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

/

Archer
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Postby Archer » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:15 pm

Luca clicked on his comm bead quickly, he saw the trap and had to report it. "Team three, they have a grenade trap behind the door." He called out as he watched. "Should we breach or hold the position until we can clear the trap?" He asked holding position still ready to rush room on a moment's notice. They needed orders before they acted, he wouldn't put soldiers in danger without an order to do so it wasn't his job to get them hurt but to get them home.

blinddeadmcjones
Posts: 899
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm
Location: Australia

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:53 am

grimacing in reaction to the note about the grenade, Marida was quick in figuring out a work around "3rd option, team 3 forms up to follow team 2 through our entrance, then makes to secure friendlies and disables the trap." as she paused the sargeant readied her weapons before tapping her microbead and gesturing for munro to come close to the door team 2 was preparing to breach

++team 4 focus fire onto the heavy stubber team. ready? fire!++
guard characters: ///

User avatar
LaxKnight
Posts: 931
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: United States

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:16 pm

It seemed that her gut was right for the other teams were reporting that there was a grenade trap behind the door where Thea's team was lined up. She did her best to not let her frustration show as the others offered suggestions.

Nodding in agreement with the Sergeant’s plan, Thea and her team moved quietly to line up on the other side of the door.

“Sergeant, I think it is best to flash the room,” Thea said to the Sergeant.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:



User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2069
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:26 pm

The Team leader put its hand onto the grenadier unit's shoulder for additional stability, the other hand held the laspistol and pulled the trigger, serving as both a mark for the targets and as additional suppression

*Crack-Crack-Crack*
The triple discharge erupted, though nonleathal it was had the full impression of evaporating that poor sack, a triple fire effect increased the suppression.
*Crack-Crack-Crack*

Rolled to give +2 to Wolf's roll
Rolled: 0 +2(Careful) =2 TOTAL > 1
WOLF YOU GET A +2 BONOUS

/

Archer
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Postby Archer » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:31 am

Luca moved read to kick in the door, he steadied the rifle and turned so he could knock the door open and let another soldier toss in the grenade to flash them before they made the assault against the enemy. "Ready to strike."

User avatar
Warsmith Wolf
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:32 pm
Location: Nara, Japan
Contact:

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:45 am

Ferrum honore veniat.


User avatar
Tabitha Maru
Posts: 330
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Tabitha Maru » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:55 pm

Had the targets been actual humans they would most likely be dead, injured or at the very least quite effectively suppressed. Unfortunantely the targets being thin plywood sillouettes incapable of covering and the bullets fired being blanks did diminish the impact of the display. But would the two kriegers be able to imagine (or at least visualize) the result they would no doubt be satisfied (others would call it pleased or even happy) with their attempt.

Whatever lack of visuals the action took on, the flashing of the muzzle and the stubber audio ceased under the massive amount of fire levelled their way. The latter instead being replaced by the very real sound of #66 heavy stubber firing, clearly audible to all members of the squad.

[[Allright. Treshholds for the breach:

Forceful 2 is needed to force the door.
Quick 2 or Careful 3 for clearing rooms.
Thea needs 2 on either Quick or Sneaky to secure the hostages in the other room. Careful 3 for the trap if you want to attempt it quickly (2 if not, but it would take longer)
Clever, Flashy and Careful can be used to assist

#316 can of course assist from their end with Careful or Flashy. #66 can thanks to her fantastic suppressing fire give a +2 to another player's roll of their choice ]]
Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2069
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:45 am

It was expected the grenadier will begin firing without #8-316's consent. After all the order came for both of them and they both knew it would come and like a spring under tension which had just been released they unleashed the fire.
"4-2" the fireteam leader loudly called #66 by the fireteam ident number, enough to be heard over the Heavy Stubber's buzzing shriek. "ADJUST FIRE BY LAS TARGET, AWAY FROM ALLIES." and continued its firing by the laspistol, steadily moving the centre of the fire farther from the door through which soon Imperials pour out but still suppress the 3 targets in the bigger room so they couldn't raise their heads while not damaging the civilians. When the other team will give its signal they both shall cease immediately.

Rolled to support and shift suppression away from friendly fire
Rolled: 1 +2Careful = 3 TOTAL

/


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests