[Full] Practice makes perfect - training course

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:14 am

way ahead of you corporal, marida thought to herself as she counted down from five before giving the door an almighty kick

++Flashbang!++ she ordered over the vox as she brought her foot back down waited for the grenade to go off before moving deftly through the entrance, sword and laspistol at the ready as she dispatched each target that came into her sights

[[Alric8982: practice, busting open the door
Alric8982 rolls 4u1 = 0 +3 forceful = 3
Alric8982: clearing the room
Alric8982 rolls 4u1 = 0 +2 quick = 2]]
guard characters: ///

Archer

Postby Archer » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:29 am

Luca entered, hotshot bursting through the door, taking shots at the enemies as burst moving up taking a knee to cover the entryway as the others swept into the room. Luca was tall and more heavily armored, taking a position where could use that and his marksmanship was more useful than showing off with knife throwing. ++Clear ahead.++ He called out as he tapped any with a shot the others might have only wounded.

((Luca has a three in careful, rolled for careful.

Got a three.))

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:24 pm

After the flashbang went off and as Team 2 charged in to secure the room, Thea and her team charged past them to secure the ‘civilians’. As she ran Thea would see that the heavy stubber ‘gunner’ was still going. She ran close to it and as she ran by she neatly sliced through the ‘neck’ of the plywood target. With the main threat taken care of, Thea’s team went on to secure the hostages and clear the other room; Hutch’s shotgun firing beanbag rounds and breaking boards as Raynor and Munro unleashing with their lasguns.

They would form up around the civilians, ready to protect them with their lives if necessary (if they were real anyway).

[Quick 3 to secure hostages]

[Total: 4, Goal: 2]
[Result: Success]
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:06 am

It took one kick to break the wood around the locking mechanism and then another to make the shattered door swing open, but with that Marida got into her room with her fireteam not far behind quickly dispatching the unfriendly (but surely very stunned) piece of plywood straight ahead. As she approached the second target, the one that had been so difficult to identify, she noticed that it was in fact a civilian that had a las rifle with no charge-pack tied to it with a rope. These wooden traitors were clearly not above using trickery and "human" shields.

Not far behind her was team 2 and 3. Luca's position by the door gave him a good vantage over the room and with a solid shot he scored a hit on the patrolling target in the opening between the two habs. Opening the path to Thea and her's as they rushed into the other room and securing the civilians huddling in the corner.

All in all, it had taken not even a minute after #66's opening salvo but the room had been secured neatly and tidily with all opponents taken down and no civilians hit. As calm settled over the hab block the voice of Lt Eckhardt crackled in the building voxcasters again.

++Very well done. Very well done indeed. We're not seeing any other hostile activity in the building so make a quick sweep of the remaining habs and then meet me down in front of the building for a debrief.++
Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:05 am

/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:17 pm

Thea listened to the Lieutenant speak over the voxcasters then the Krieg talk over their voxbeads.

++Team 3 will get the civilians out of the building!++ she declared. Hutch, being the big strong Catachan he was, simply wrapped his arms around the ‘hostages’ and picked them up. With Thea in the lead, they moved out of the room, went down the stairs they already cleared, and outside.

Archer

Postby Archer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:15 pm

Luca nodded, taking up the rear guard as the other units started to leave the room, letting the sweeping finish and his own unit move out before leaving his crouched position and exiting the room. Carefully staying watching the rear as they moved out to regroup and debrief, it didn't matter if they were secured, a moment of laxity could end up with several members of the unit dead. Someone could sneak in from behind or have been missed in the sweep of the building, never stop being vigilant it would be just like home if they pulled an ambush out on the retreat.

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:52 pm

++team 1, perform perimeter sweep of the remaining habs and meet us down at the entrance, team 2 consolidate and exfil++ marida ordered as her unit reorganised and left the room. sanders, another cadian, led the way, appearing much more confident in how he held his lasgun, marida was second, pausing only to give a quick nod to erika as she disarmed the grenade, third in line was Brabham, a prometheron like marida who gave luca a tap on the shoulder as he walked past.

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:27 am

Sweeping the rest of the building was a quite quick job, the remaining habs were either empty or just had a few "cowering" civilians in them. One exception being a hab that seemed to have been turned into some sort of ad-hoc weapons storage, with a dozen las rifles neatly arrayed and a couple of crates with ammunition for heavy stubbers as well as one with various explosives.

When the soldiers gathered once more in the yard in front of the old hab block, together with the recently liberated civilians (affectionately stacked in a neat and orderly pile) it seemed that Eckhardt's adjutants had rolled out a blackboard which had the times the various squads had completed the course in written on it. The line after the current squad still being quite empty.

The cadian lieutenant carefully studied the returning soldiers as they formed up around him, puffing on his lho-stub as they did so and with the chrono in his hand. Once they had arrayed themselves he let them cook for a moment. Then he turned around towards the blackboard, took a piece of chalk and wrote a time in the empty space.

17:37

"Good news, you beat the Unseen Sons' record by almost 40 seconds. Excellent work all of you! Your worked calmly, efficiently and carefully. That's precisely what I like to see."

He gave Sanders, Raynor and Lenk a meaningful glance

"I'm also pleased to see you managed to check corners a lot better than last run.

Right, seeing as you've exceeded my expectations and mastered the run so quickly, I'm authorized to give you the rest of the afternoon off. There's a round of drinks waiting for you in the Fox Hole, on me. So go ahead and enjoy. Well done everyone. Dismissed."

He turned his attention to the kriegers in the group

"Number sixty-six, I understand you need a docket with you back to your commanding officer. I'll have it written up in a minute. If anyone else needs a docket just let me know"

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:36 am

#8-316 turned its head to observe the reactions of its comrades knowing it will not join them. "Free Time" is authorised only by the Company and Eckhardt cannot change a schedule soley based upon the cold arithmatic of nessesity to provide for an almost endless demands of war. It will return to the compound, assigned a new objective and sent out again.

"Sir, This Unit also requires Evaluation. Addressed at Leutnant Unit #31-301 Heiden Stern" it approached the Cadian and said after the jubilation died down.

/

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:56 pm

Ferrum honore veniat.

Archer

Postby Archer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:01 am

Luca smiled, time off was a rarity for him usually if he wasn't working for the propaganda campaign he was on duty guarding one officer or another, the free time he did get was for sleeping or exercising all that recaf and pastries Abigail and Carolyne kept around the comms office for when things got hectic was going to catch up with him.

"Well... I wanna get some more knife throwing practice in then head for Fox Hole." He spoke he was glad they had done so well even if he felt his knife skills were out of practice.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:18 am

Thea waited patiently at ease to hear the results of their exercise. She was pleasantly surprised that they beat the Unseen Sons. 40 seconds? Amazing! She beamed with pride. The Lieutenant gave them the rest of the afternoon off. It was a surprise for sure but she wasn't quite sure if it was a pleasant one. She wasn't quite sure what to do with it. The Lioness wasn't one to spend time in the Foxhole, but was he expecting them all there? Maybe she'll visit just in case then go off to do... something else later. Maybe hit the gym or do some weapon maintainence.

When dismissed, Thea straightened up to attention, said, "Yes sir!" then headed out.

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:43 am

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:12 am

The Scout Unit did not look at the taken docket, instead it was folded and put in a pocket as its contents were meant for the eyes of the Lieutenant.

"Sir..." #8-316 spoke "What disciplinary action will be acted upon Corporal Unit Talsen?"

/

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:12 am

as the results were read out, marida gave a small smile, vindicated that they had beat both the Unseen Sons and the 2nd Sons.

when the rest began to depart the sargeant focused her attention on thea and approached the lioness. "Corporal." she began "impressive blade technique, i wouldn't mind sparing with you at some point in the future, if you have no objections"

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:07 am

The lieutenant turned towards the krieg scout with a frown, truth be told he wasn't sure himself. It'd had to be something that's for certain. He figured he needed to talk to the lad first though, see if he could explain his behaviour. He had no patience for cowards, but he got a sense that was not what had led to the incident earlier. Then it depended on what commissar he could get to weigh in on the issue as well. Some of them would just solve the whole issue by shooting the man outright after all.

"That is an issue I'll have to discuss with the commissariat. Rest assured it will be handled promptly"

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:04 am

The Unit bowed its head, as if stopped halfway through a nod, perhaps in thought.

It raised its gaze to meet the Lieutenant's again and spoke: "The Corporal was within my team, my Responsibility. This Unit failed to uphold morale and volunteers to assist in the proceadure where deemed applicable."

/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:59 am

Thea didn’t realize she was being talked to right away, being that she was a Lance Corporal and not a Corporal, but when she turned to look she realized it was the Sergeant talking to her. She went into a more relaxed form of attention as she remarked on her blade work and wished to spar at some point.

“I have to be if I’m bringing a sword to gunfights,” she said, “I wouldn’t mind a spar at all. Just say when and where, Sergeant.”

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:08 am

Ferrum honore veniat.