Vox Operations Center AKA the music room (Open)

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:58 pm

For a moment, Joseph face went blank. 'She.. she apologised.. to me?'

Like most people on base, he had seen how the second sons usually conduct themselves. Arrogant and self-praising, looking down their noses on those under their command. He had expected Carolyne to have been the same, to at least have humour him if only to pick him apart as the privileged tended to do. But this was different. His face started to hint at the nervousness starting to rise in his system. Could he be falling into a deeper trap? Was she setting him up for a charge or worst?

And then she thanked him. Thanked him. This was too much. Maybe the women in the second sons were different to the men? Who knows. What was apparent was about to be recorded. Joseph thought he would only have simply sung something right there and then in front of her. But now he was give a chance to be recorded with actual music to back him. He had never had a chance to do this before, he couldn't just sing the simple song he had in mind now. No, he had to put his best foot forward, something that would help people. And he knew just the song.

"Um, I have a song in mind, but it's from my home world so you probably won't know it. I feel it's just what the people of Naris need, it's also quite special to those from where I grew up. It shouldn't be hard to work out some um, backing, for it though. All you need is some drum beats with guitar and electric guitar strumming to back it up. You could even add some keys if you'd think it works?" Having stepped inside the booth, Joseph started to admire the lay out of equipment and the unusual fittings on the walls with a fascinated look. It was all new to him, and his intrigued had been pricked. He smiled his gentle smile as he traced the cords and wires with his eyes.
//

Archer

Postby Archer » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:38 pm

Carolyne nodded as she moved to the guitar. "Sadly, I don't have enough musician's today, so I'll have to play what I can and hope it's enough for you." She tugged off her jacket and sat her hat aside tuning the guitar humming softly to make sure it was right.

"When your ready I'll follow along, I should be able to keep the pace." She tried to reassure him that she could keep up as a musician, she hoped she could with whatever song he chooses, she had a good ear for it but she'd feel better with Luca here.

---

Abigail nodded. "Yes. I have a two-day pass for leave... Probably a filling error but, it's signed." She grinned and smiled looking at the Unseen Son. "Is that a fair bargain or should we arrange a different form of payment?"

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:24 pm

Joseph nodded in acknowledgment of the propaganda officer. Only having one musician wasn't a problem, most songs from Te Harinui were usually sung to just a single guitarist. Stepping towards the mic Joseph cleared his voice, took a moment to prepare himself and began to

"My Friend, my friend, I hate to see you suffer. Events, conspire, to tear us to our knees."

Although his singing isn't perfect, Joseph's voice carries the song quite well. With practice and guidance he could be quite good.

"My friend, my friend, you've taken this the wrong way. Rise up, defend yourself, never give in. Look to the sky, the spirit of the Emperor! The endless tide, the murmuring is there. I know the Emperor, will never be defeated! And even in the darkest hour, his presence will remain!

I'll sing, to you, a song of Parihaka!"

The song in itself is rather upbeat considering the lyrics. The Bacaran tries his best to give Carolyne a clear idea of the songs rhythm.

[[Joseph will continue to sing into the next post.]]
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:22 pm

The Unseen Daughter listened to what Abigail offered and nodded her head in consideration. If she was doing herself a two day leave pass would be very useful. She wouldn't be doing this all by herself of course so, naturally, she would ask for more to pay them (and perhaps use them to help her lackeys enact more hijinx). However, she had something else in mind. "Tempting, but I had something else in mind," she took a dramatic pause as if she were looking around then said, "This vox station seems a little undermanned. Would I be right in assuming that?"
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

Archer

Postby Archer » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:26 am

Carolyne nodded and began to play quickly picking up the tune playing along as he began to sing. She easily kept pace with the tune tapping her foot along with the rhythm of the song. She listened keenly to his voice trying to get a feel for what he could and what range he could achieve.

---

"Stations could use more permanent staff you want to work with a Terran and a Second Sons?" An almost smug grin tugged at her lips as she looked at the woman before her. "Go on what do you want?" She asked arching an eyebrow.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:39 pm

The Unseen Daughter scoffed at the idea of her working here. She was willing to play it off as a joke but judging from the smile this girl was giving her it seemed to be getting ideas. Time to stamp them out right away. “Charming of you to believe that but I’m much more needed and much better enjoy where I am at now. People effective at getting things for a penal legion are a rarity. I'm practically a Quartermaster,” she said before moving on, “However, I do know someone who would like to work here. Private Jason Rayio. He’s a little rough around the edges but he’s a hard worker, has a good, clear voice, and plays a really mean harmonica. A few of his superiors aren’t very fond of him, having him constantly doing crap work, but he and those superiors would be very thankful if a certain officer took him in.”

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:01 am

Joseph smile as he carried on the song. The second daughter had picked up the song and played incredible well for not hearing it before. Very much content with the music, Joseph continued the song with a joy that he always got out of singing this song.

"One day you'll know the truth, they can't pull out the roots, so come and take me home, to weep for my lost brother."

As he continued the song, the Bacaran eyes start to water as memories of home and all that was still there flooded through his mind.

"They gather still, the clouds of Katipo, his children's children wearing the white plume,
So take me for the sins of these sad islands,
The wave still breaks on the rock of Rouhotu.
And when you taste the salt that's on your pudding, And when you taste the sugar in your soup, Think of the Emperor, he'll never be defeated,
Even at the darkest hour, His presence will remain, I'll sing for you the song of Parihaka!

Joseph allows the music to go on a little as as he himself returned to the present, giving Carolyne the most genuine smile he had give since he came inside. "So how was that?"
//

Archer

Postby Archer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:06 pm

Carolyne nodded, as placed a hand on the strings of the guitar to silence them, taking a moment to clear her throat. "That was lovely, you've got the talent for sure. A bit of practice you'll be putting Corporal Astora to shame." She added carefully getting up. "At this rate, I need more instrumentalists than singers." She laughed a bit. "It's a good problem to have... After all were in the business of winning hearts and minds, not to mention inspiring our own soldiers."

She added opening the door. "You don't have to report here regularly, the lessons will begin shortly though I might have Luca teach you at first. He's the best male singer I've got at the moment... But either way, you've impressed me, I'd teach you myself if I wasn't going to be teaching Erika for a while." She added stepping outside.

---

Abigail slowly looked over the woman before her, writing something done she then looked up. "I will put the transfer, I make no promises on if it will be approved or if he stays on staff but I'll try to move him here." She added before lifting the paper showing her a copy of the document, letting her know the transfer would be filed soon. "Anything else you need? Or you want to hang out until Luca gets back and compare who hair is redder?" She asked placing her head on her wrists staring at Gabby, few would openly mock an Unseen Son Abigail really seemed to have no fear.
Last edited by Archer on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:00 am

//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:33 am

The Unseen Daughter watched every scribble Abigail wrote down so when Abigail looked up it was a half smile. She nodded on the conditions she gave and she read every single line of the document she was shown. Garrotes are made of fine lines. She gave a nod to indicate that she was satisfied and when Abigail teased her, putting her head on her wrists in sarcastic cuteness, the redhead replied with a smug smile and calmly planted a finger on her desk.

“The day he shows up working here, what you want will be here the morning after. If he’s kicked for some reason other than his own stupidity you might find what you want needs a little more than tuning,” she then withdrew and gave the aide a more pleasant smile, “However, I’m confident neither of us want that. I do look forward to perhaps doing more business in the future.”

When Carolyne stepped out the Veteran Sergeant straightened up and said, “I must be off, but thank you both for your hospitality.”

Archer

Postby Archer » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:58 pm

Carolyne nodded. "You do your regiment proud... We want to win here we need the locals to want to rejoin the Imperium and support the removal of the Tau. The easiest way to do that is to show them we care and we support them no matter what, that starts with the messages we send." She stretched a moment pulling her coat and beret back into place making herself tidy then straightening her jacket without a second thought. "You may return to normal duties, I'll contact you further once I've worked up a training schedule." She took a moment to fix her beret slightly before moving to play back station she had editing work to do here.

---

"If he's removed it will be for a valid reason of because another officer needed him. He can also be moved out if he can't handle the work or if he's belligerent. Anyway, you can that copy, proof are end of the deal was upheld." She didn't lift her head just batted her eyelashes a moment. "And if things are broken in a secure vox communication office they are reported to the Senior Commissar. That would mean a full investigation too darling." She added her own counter threat very well stated in her almost to calm tone, she was cunning too it seemed.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:22 pm

Nodding a quick thank you to Carolyne, Joseph made his way towards the exit. As he past the other two women in the room, he also have them a respectful nod. It would seem something has stirred within Joseph. A gentle politeness that seemed to be at odds with his rough appearance. None the less, he made his way out the door, a sudden stumble on something unseen in the corridor as he went.

[[Unless someone wants to interact, Joseph is out.]]
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:58 pm

The redhead listened before giving Joseph a polite nod and smile as he went out. After he left she turned back to the duo to say, "Be seeing you both," with her wolfish smile before she too left.

[[Unseen Daughter is out.]]

Archer

Postby Archer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:51 am

Carolyne and Abigail looked at each other a moment Carolyne gave her aide a smile as she moved back to her desk to start on paperwork as Abigail filed outgoing papers as Carolyne went back to looking over reports. The officer wore a small smile, her day brightened by knowing she had singers now she just needed musicians.