Vox Operations Center AKA the music room (Open)

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Archer

Postby Archer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:56 pm

Luca gave the Unseen Son a hard glare as he walked tugging on his helmet, keeping close to Haley. He wished he hadn't left now he was worried a bit about Carolyne being alone with one those assholes. However, he turned his attention back to Haley, deciding it was best not to dwell on soldiers appearance. "Hopefully I didn't butcher that song too badly." He added through his helmet, it hid his blush as he spoke to her.

Carolyne looked at Erika. "I believe we could start in just a few days, I'll reach out to plan to have free time when you do and we can use the operations center for the lessons. I'd like to plan them when I have more free time to devote my full attention to-" Carolyne paused as the Sergeant approached she turned crossing her arms sternly. Abigail looked up from her spot by the console frowning as well, Carolyne met stared at the women. "Do you need something?"

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:20 am

"No, it was good," Haley gave him a small smile as they walked out of the building, "So what's guard duty with Neskovich like?"

---

The Unseen Son's only reply to the glare she received was a smile, almost like she drank the hate coming off him like a milkshake. Once they left she stepped inside to be greeted with similar disdain. If it bothered her it didn't show for she gave them a wolfish smile and a small salute to the Lieutenant.

"Good day, Lieutenant," she spoke with a voice that wasn't hard or menacing but held a certain confidence and assertiveness that drew attention to whoever heard it. She looked around the room with a kind of appraising eye, giving a small nodded to the Krieger, before returning her attention to the Second Son. "This is a nice setup here. Looks like a pretty solid sound room," she said, "I'm curious as to what kind of inventory you have here in terms of instruments. All I ever hear are guitars."
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

Archer

Postby Archer » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:43 pm

Luca smiled and shrugged as they kept walking. "It's mostly quiet, occasionally she'll ask a question or two and occasionally I can one ask one back. Usually, though it's silence and drinking I'm honestly worried if she stopped the hangover would kill her." He laughed a little at the thought. "Though I was told Valhallan's are the best at drinking."

Carolyne hummed a moment before answering. "I keep most of the others in my room or the storage area's since we have so few willing to play. As for my collection, I have an upright bass some drums are around here somewhere... A few wind instruments, and if I can find someone to fix it a keyboard." She explained sighing as she pushed back her auburn hair and looked the woman in the eyes. "Now, my question why are you interested in the instruments?"

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:17 am

Erika remained seated, her eyes shifting from one participant to the other in silence derived from nothing meaningful to add to the conversation, then her gaze squared on Abigail with an expression of 'what is happening?'

/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:20 am

“I asked her about it once and she said ‘Valhallan blood is one part devotion to the Emperor, one reliability, one part hatred of Orks, and one part alcohol all mixed on the rocks,’,” Haley did her best to give her best Neskovich impression with a way-too-serious face and a bad Valhallan accent. The impression wasn’t that great but perhaps a little humorous.

---

The Unseen Son’s dirt brown eyes settled on the Second Son Lieutenant when she finished looking around the room. She took note of the rough list but didn’t seem fazed at all when the officer’s eyes settled on her. “I was curious because I remember walking by here one day and I thought to myself ‘There is something missing here,’,” she put a thoughtful hand to her chin as she looked up, “And you know what it was? What’s one thing that really screams ‘music room’? One thing that you really need to tie this room together?”

At this part, she looked back to the Lieutenant and smiled. “A piano,” she pointed up as if she just came up with the idea, “Sure, you got a keyboard but that's nothing compared to an authentic piano, especially since when said keyboard doesn’t work.”

Archer

Postby Archer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:03 am

Luca couldn't help but snicker through his helmet as he heard her impression. "That's her sure as sure." He laughed a little sighing as heard her. "Still she's one of the better officers on the base, even if the most animated. You want someone interesting Commissar Cat's always good for that it seems." He added pulling off his helmet clipping it to his belt he breathed the fresh air as they made good progress. "I can see her saying that with a drink in her hand." He added as he sighed up at the cloudy sky. "I don't think I'll ever get used to the lack of towers and Titan's around me." He added as eyed the big empty sky around them.

---

Abigail's frown only grew when the Unseen Son mentioned a piano, she looked at Erika slightly worried. "I... I think it might be best for you to go... My dear Lieutenant is very sensitive about piano's and I don't think with today's interruptions we will have time for a-" Before she could finish politely trying to help Erika escape the topic that would no doubt anger the officer of the Second Sons. Carolyne began her rant as she looked at the Unseen son, her feelings on piano's were to be made quite clear.

"Oh I assure you, I had a wonderful piano... Grand one, in fact, ivory keys and ebony wood. A gift from my father I brought to help keep morale up here and play for the locals." Growled the officers throwing her arms up her auburn hair tossed over her shoulders. "And what do the idiots do during deployment!? They drop it!" She hissed.

"And they don't attach grav chutes or land and hide it, no they shove it out to 'save weight' damn them!" Cried Carolyne as she stepped towards the Sergeant. "So unless you know where I can find a replacement for that masterful instrument or the guardsman I can give permanent cleanup duty in station four I suggest you change the subject!" The officer warned, her anger getting the better of her judgment.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:40 pm

No matter how helpful Abi tried to be, she is not an officer and cannot dismiss a Krieger - What without permission will not do.

"Frau Leutnant..." Erika politely and slowly raised her hand "am I dismissedt?"

/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:29 am

Haley smiled when she managed to get a laugh out of Luca. She didn't know Neskovich, or any other officer, well enough to say who was the best and wasn’t sure about the Valhallan being the most animated officer, but she didn’t argue that Commissar Cat was interesting. Maybe too interesting. She always feared what kind of drama she might step into when she delivered mail there. When he looked up at the sky she did too. It was a nice day, a beautiful blue cloudless sky above them. He spoke of not being used to seeing towers and Titans all around him. Haley focused on him. “Before joining the Administratum, I’ve only been to Naris twice, before it got blown up. Those were the only times I’ve ever seen a tower,” she said, “Probably nothing like those on Terra. I can’t even imagine what a Titan would look like.”

She looked back up. “I can’t imagine never being able to see the sky,” she said.

----

The Unseen Son heard what the servant girl was saying to the Krieger about the Lieutenant’s piano sensitivities before said Lieutenant started ranting. Apparently, the grand piano that was precious to her was dumped out of a flight because it was too heavy. She didn’t know the situation but from what it sounded like it made perfect sense: it would be heavy and in the grand scheme of things was expendable. She couldn’t help but think how pathetic and typical of a noble to be ranting about a piano of all things. However, it presented a perfect opportunity for her.

When Carolyne threatened her to change the subject, the redhead smiled. “I can’t promise what we’ve found is the grand piano, but I might know where a lonely, working piano looking for a home might be,” she said.

Archer

Postby Archer » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:29 pm

"I could see the sky but... Well, the number of ships, towers, and the forcefield over the planet made it very different." He sighed then nodded. "Honestly... Most people can't even see the ground on Terra the hives are so large." He paused a moment. "Honestly... I kind of do miss the small spaces and such but... The air here is so much cleaner I guess is the right word." He looked Haley. "Plus... Here maybe I'll get to retire and have my own place one day... Maybe I'll learn to farm." He then decided to explain. "On Terra a small plot of land with enough room for a house... Costs more than some planets." Luca added. "So... Coming here I could afford to live comfortably probably."

---

Carolyne turned to the Krieger. "You are dismissed Erika, have a wonderful day." She turned giving a quick kind smile before hardening her gave and turning back towards the Unseen Son. "And what do I have to give you for the location of this piano since I doubt you have it or plan to move it for me... You're here to sell the info correct?" Added the paperwork officer as she tugged on her own beret and straightened her jacket.

"Very well tell me what you have but walk and talk sergeant, I need to get to my station. I have to conduct the check-ins and then get the paperwork done." Carolyne explained Abigail moved right to her side. "So speak quickly."

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:03 am

As the conversation continued, there was a distant sound of the front door being slammed shut with unnecessary force. Although most likely unnoticed by those in the recording room, the sound of approaching footsteps started to echo down the hallway beyond the room's door along with a different conversation.

"Okay I'm sorry! I'll stop singing! Really brothers, I'm not good enough for this sort of thing!"

Then You shoulda thought about it before opening your mouth and then trying to act so humble about it."

"Yea, you said you'd like to sing for everyone didn't you?"

"Not like this! I ment low key, ya' know?!"

The next moment, the door was flung open as two men step in dragging a third. All three wore similar uniforms (if they could even be called uniforms) of desert camouflage pants and dark brown undershirts. The one on the left was dark skined with jet black hair and a well build frame, whilst the one on the right was light coloured skin, blond hair and who's body resembled a slightly overweight chatachan. The one in the middle with his back to the room continued to struggle for the door, but had no chance of escaping the grasp of the mountain on the right. With almost no effort, they dumped Joseph on the floor, the larger man looking up to the gathering. "This guy's a good singer, use him as you please. Good luck Omen." and with this statement he left the room, followed by Nov-dog who threw in a "Have fun bro." Before following the larger man out.

Tired from trying to escape the two since they grabbed him, Joseph Omen simple tiled his head back on the floor to see who he had been left at the will of by his so called 'brothers'. First he saw a taller and paler than Ando in armour and a cloak of some kind. 'Funny. If Ando had taken the time to notice her, he probably would have stayed to chat her up.' the Bacaran mused to himself. Then he notice the unseen son.. daughter? A few of the Bacarans had gotten into fights with her regiment, but he had not gripes with them. In fact, he had bearly had any experience with them in.

Then he noticed the second son.. daughter... His face immediately growing grim. Second sons on the other hand, he had plenty of gripes with. This may prove just as bad an idea as he had tried to explain to his fallow Bacarans.

[[I hope you don't mind me joining in and how big this post is. I'd like to join the fun :D ]]
//

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:59 pm

/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:24 am

Haley listened as Luca tried to put what was so discomforting with the open space into words. Once he spoke of his thoughts about retiring and starting a farm, she said, “Perhaps, especially now with this war going on. I’m sure anyone, local or foreign, would gladly be accepted as a farmer after so many have burned. Just be careful you don’t step on any noble’s toes. They are as fragile as their wine glasses but just as sharp when shattered.”

---

The Unseen Son nodded in understanding as she watched Carolyne prepare for her outing. “More like selling a service,” she said, “This prize isn’t on base and we both know you can’t officially get a force to retrieve it. No one is to approve a mission to get a piano.”

Before she could continue the door flew open and a trio of men stormed in, one being held by the other two. It took a moment to recognize who they were: Bacarans. She made it a point to get to know some of the other penal legions. They knew the hard life of crime and they had to stick together against everyone else who would use them as fodder. Apparently, the prisoner annoyed the others so much that they had enough and put a possible singer where he would best be utilized.

Omen. That name sounded vaguely familiar. However, it was not the time for this. She looked to Carolyne and said, “I can be patient, Lieutenant. Seems you have something that needs handling at the moment.”

Archer

Postby Archer » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:57 pm

"Well, I've got a few decades of service or maybe longer if they rejuve me before I can retire." He shrugged looking forward. "Until then I have to try and protect nobles. Sort of my job to keep people more important than I am alive." He smiled looked at the offices ahead. "Well this is my stop, been a lovely talk," Luca added as he pulled his helmet back on. Once it clicked he gave her a wave, "see you around the base."

---

Carolyne was about to answer when she had guardsman literally dumped at her feet the other soldiers stating he was a singer. She looked him over, didn't seem like much but looks could deceive quite well, she'd have to hear him perform. "Hmmm Omen, was it? I'll have to see how well you can sing before I make a decision and my guitarist has just walked out." She frowned. "Abigail, deary would start on the paperwork without me?"

Carolyne then turned back towards Omen. "Head into the double doors and wait, I'll be along in a moment." She added before resting her eyes back on the Unseen Son. "While I can't promise anything just yet... You have me interested if you want to discuss things further Abigail may speak for me. She's my righthand woman, I'd trust her with my life and have before." She turned and started back towards the music room proper leaving just Abigail who was settling down behind a desk with stacks of paperwork around it.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:40 am

//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:00 am

Rejuve? What’s rejuve? This thought was quickly cut of when Luca spoke about protecting nobles. Haley couldn’t help but frown. She understood that his duty was indeed to protect people, which would most likely be the Planetary Governor who would most likely be a noble when the Guard leave, but they didn’t deserve someone as dedicated and skilled as Luca. Especially if they were just going to pass him around like a used toy like it seemed to be suggested. They would just abuse him.

Suddenly he put on his helmet. This was where they would part. He gave her a wave, which she returned with a small one of her own. “Yeah, see you around,” she said, “Good luck, with the guard duty.”

---

The Unseen Son waited patiently as Carolyn handled the situation. Omen? That name sounded vaguely familiar but couldn’t place why. She almost felt a bit of pity that he would be dragged in to sing for the Second Son, even if she seemed milder than her peers. The man didn’t even know there were female Krieg. Granted, it’s hard to tell since they are always in gasmasks and trench coats, but he must have heard of it at some point. This particular Krieg was fairly well known out of her ilk. Thinking about gear though, she suddenly remembered why she recognized that name. The Bacarans weren't allowed any guns but she heard this one was awfully curious about them. Perhaps she could talk with him later. She watched him go for a moment before the Lieutenant addressed her. She was getting passed off to the servant but she at least had her interest. She can work with that.

Once Carolyne left the room female Unseen Son turned her with her dirt brown eyes to see who she was dealing with. From her angle sitting behind the desk, Abigail could quite clearly see the scar around the criminal’s neck with a tattoo in stenciled letters above it that said “CUT HERE”.

“So this is the real power behind the rank,” she cast a glance at the door the Lieutenant left through before looking back at her, “Okay Abigail; you’re superior is looking for a piano and I happen to know where one is. Do you perhaps have a picture of Lieutenant Hood’s lost piano to see if what we found is indeed it?”

Archer

Postby Archer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:48 pm

Carolyne sighed and shut the door after Omen followed her into the heart of the operations center. "I know you don't want to be here." She answered very matter of fact taking a seat looking directly at the man as her hands moved to the control panel. "And I have no use for musician's whose heart is not in trying to help give the people of this planet hope and a reason to fight for the Imperium they were born into." She simply answered as she finally looked away from him aligning the mixer carefully.

"Your nervous, unprepared, and you don't even have a song in mind to show me your skill I assume," Carolyne added. "If you want to help with the morale of the people and help inspire your fellow guardsman return ready prepared to show your skill. If your heart isn't in it the sound won't be genuine, if we want the people here to trust us we must be sincere how we go about helping them." She answered very matter of fact, while it came off as a bit cold it was evident she cared deeply about her job even if to others she was a bit of tool.

---

Abigail raised an eyebrow. "I serve the lieutenant, though I may sign a fair share of the papers she is the power behind her rank." Abigail clicked her tongue. "As for a pict I might have one moment." The corporal reached into the drawer beside her rooting through what looked to be a personal drawer. She withdrew a faded pict, featuring a younger Abigail and Carolyne standing together. Abigail just off to her side by a piano Carolyne having just finished her major recital.

"That's the piano... And it's one of the few things she brought from home. Unlike Brinton, my officer wanted to bring things that could help to keep her soldiers happy and share her passions." It was clear Abigail didn't like the more renown Second Son on base. "The piano she's standing in front of is the one she lost. It was from her home." She explained withdrawing the picture. "Now, please tell if that's the same one. Though I have a feeling it isn't."

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:28 pm

For a moment Joseph is silent after Carolyne finished, a dark brooding lingering behind his eyes. Know You don't want to be here? No use for musicians whose heart is not in trying to help people?! Won't be genuine!?! Where did she get off?! If anyone wasn't genuine, it was the fraken hierarchy! He knew this, it's why he was even here on this planet in the first place!

As much as the anger and rage flooded through his system, Joseph remain calm before the officer. He wouldn't give her the satisfaction.

"I'm afraid to say your very wrong on a few points. Just because I got dragged in here doesn't mean I don't want to be here." The Bacaran immediately realized that he had placed himself in a bad position already with his first words. He couldn't just say he had been too shy to come before, that would be submissive before this second son.. daughter. Instead he continued with a different point. "My heart is for my fellow men and women on this planet, both civi and guard. I sing for my brothers to keep there morale up..". 'Even if not all of them appreciate it.' he added in his head. "..and I have as much reason to fight as anyone here.". At this last comment a hint of anger slips from his calm demeanour, only to be replaced by a smile born from a sudden idea.

"But if you want a song, I always have a song in mind to sing for those who have time to listen."
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:30 pm

So, as she thought, she signs a lot of the papers. This elected a small, wolfish grin from the Unseen Son. She might be able to use this. It disappeared as Abigail took out the photo and her brown eyes studied it. It seemed like a happier time at something that she, someone who’s only crime (besides what she does now) was being born to the wrong parents, could never hope to imagine, let alone achieve. She could see why this piano meant a lot to the Lieutenant. The Veteran Sergeant gave a small frown as she herself back.

“I’m afraid it’s not. You probably know this, but quite frankly if what your Lieutenant says is true it’s doubtful it’s in one piece. Those things aren’t known for being sturdy,” she said, “However, the one we found works and is in order. Doesn’t look half bad either. Just a little hard to get to.”

Archer

Postby Archer » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:13 pm

Carolyne paused as Joesph responded to her thoughts. "I... I'm sorry I assumed too much." She answered simply, the auburn-haired woman removed her beret as she ran a hand through her hair. "If you'd like to give me the song I can get a backing track and you can step into the booth... I've rigged my own recording studio. Usually, it's only Luca and me singing in here perhaps you can perform with him sometime our resident Terran has quite the singing voice."

She gave him a smile turning to the monitor and the dials. "And... Thank you, even if the others on base aren't grateful I'm thrilled to have a new talent around here." She answered Joesph as she waved for him to enter the recording booth.

---

Abigail nodded as she met the Unseen Sons eyes, looking directly at her. "I agree if it works it will be quite the find and you'll be well rewarded." She answered nodding at Sergeant. "If it doesn't work out of course... The payment will not be processed." She answered with a cunning smile of someone who had grown up knowing how to slip around nobles and deal with shady business.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:14 pm

At Abigail’s smile, the Unseen Son returned with a wolfish grin of her own. It seemed she was dealing with something of a peer. Perhaps this could be an avenue for getting other things if this worked well. “Speaking of payment,” she said, “It seems you already have something in mind for it. What do you intend on paying us with?”

She grew serious again. Pay was always a serious matter.