[Open/Rank Cautions] Regimental Relations (or:Pawnch a Kreegerr)

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Fates End

Postby Fates End » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:57 am

"What's the point in having Medics on duty if everyone just goes to the medicae tent anyway?" The lanky Krieger complained amiably, dusting his gloves off and proceeding to drag Erika towards one of the benches. "This one will be fine, in an hour or two. Damn girl went full on Servitor for a minute."

The Watchmaster shook his head, but didn't respond. A helpful Cadian standing nearby, however, objected quite loudly. "You can't just---drag her to a bench and say she'll be fine." He waved two of his compatriots over, "We'll take our turn to punch a Krieger later, this one though . . .she should get to the medicae." The Cadian paused, unsure of where exactly the Watchmaster nearby fell into the ranking structure before awkwardly asking. "That's if its alright by you, Watchmaster?"

Ash nodded once, waving the Cadians forward. Inwardly, he was pleased that they had volunteered to take Erika away. That they'd care about a Krieger's life was in some ways, a step in the right direction for the primary function of the tent. As Erika was carried out by the Kriegers, he pointed towards Ema and called out, "Private. Would you care to demonstrate how a Mordian fights?"

Even as all that was happening, December finally looked up from where she'd been lost in thought talking with Dug. If she was taken aback by the Ogryn's query, she nodded slowly. "You can feel it, if you'd like. It's very rough." She replied without much emotion.

As to Sgt. Manner . . . he would be greeted with something very much like confusion. "Is---that customary in your regiment?" The masked Grenadier queried in his gravely tone. "A pack of---Iho's is some sort of item of trade?" He didn't seem to even pay much heed to the fact that the Sergeant was augmented, though by the way his helmet turned he clearly took note of it.

((Apologies for lengthy delay and slight retcon. I didn't see Dug's last response until just a few days ago. Presume that She greeted Ema and then went back to talking with Dug))
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:43 am

Dug would smile a bit as he placed his own red soft cloth into the palms of December as he gingerly lifted up the end of her trench coat. Feeling it between his thumb and forefinger. Feeling the bristles and rough texture of the coat and the thickness of the layers under it. He would have a warm grin smile across his face as he felt it very careful not to tug or pull. He didnt want to hurt the nice lady."thank ya miss 'ember. That is a nice coat you got. ya can feel my bit o' Cloth. if ya want." he said as he slowly retracted his hand. rubbing them together. "Cap said it was called 'ilk thread."

Wilfred blinked for a moment a little shocked. Most people would give him a look of pity or some sort of 'what happened?' response or just look at him a bit differently. He would rub the back of his head "Sort of. Most of the time we spend money most of the time. But bartering goods and skills never seem to fail with other regiments at lest smokes and booze. Ill still spar with you if you dont want to do the bet. I hear kriegers are good at close combat." he said as he offered his flesh hand to shake.

Zeppo

Postby Zeppo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:22 pm

Ema expels a puff from her freshly lit lho before responding. “Avec plaisir, sir. Tell me if I’m wrong about the rules are: No weapons, No major injuries and the fight end with a KO or a surrender. That’s right?”
That says, Ema start to strip off. Unbuckling her webbings, removing her armored great coat, and her shirt. Revealing her pale, bulky chest, only cover by a sport bra and a great tattoo running from her neck to her forearms. The tattoo depicts a mix of holy symbols, gang and regimental marks and mordian fauna with bright colours, it seems the artist has played with the different scars to incorporate them in the fresco of her life.
Rolling her shoulders and cracking her neck, Ema advanced to the Watchmaster with this cold pride mix with the serenity of soldiers coming home, like she owned the place, like it’s a parade ground, like a Mordian.
The small woman steps in front on the Watchmaster, taking another puff on her lho-stick.
“Who’s my opponent? You?” She addresses him, her smile crooked by the lip’s scar.
Mordian Iron Guard :
: /

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:24 am

December gave Dug a glassy, brittle smile as he felt her coat. As a courtesy she gave the cloth he held a gentle pat, "It's very soft." She said after a moment, not sure what else to say. "Where did you get it from?"

A little ways away, Ash shook his head in response to the Mordian's question. "You are allowed training weapons, if you prefer. But otherwise you are correct. As to your opponent." He pointed a finger towards the lanky Krieger who had moments ago been looking over Erika.

"Grenadier 9987-A will fight you."

These words seemed to amuse the other Krieger yet more. "I will, will I?" He queried with a soft laugh. The two ashen coated soldiers shared a look from within their helmets and exchanged a few hand-signs before he shrugged and started taking off his heavy coat. "I guess I will. Come along, little Mordian. Let's dance." The lanky Grenadier gestured a hand towards the ring he was in and gave something very like a bow, slipping his gloves off and tossing them to the Watchmaster. "He's always getting me into fights I didn't pick. Benefit of his rank, I suppose."

As Grenadier 9987-A prepared to fight Ema, the other Grenadier opposite Wilfred seemed unsure. "I---think I can procure such an item for betting, if required. Do they come in flavors? These Iho's?" All the while he was looking at Wilfred's extended appendage, obviously not used to the gesture. "Is your hand wounded, Sergeant?"

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

Zeppo

Postby Zeppo » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:43 pm

Ema head to the designed ring, with the same gait.
“Like most my officers, that one of the immutable things of our universe. So, let’s see how you dance, Monsieur Lanky, but I have to warn you I’m more Lead than Follow.”
That says, Ema stand in front of #9987-A, judging her opponent for a brief moment. First, it’s not because he was in full armoured uniform that he will be slowed. Second, the greatcoat will protect him from most of her blows. Third, his field of view is reduced by his gas mask.
Grabble and surprise effect will be the most efficient way to teach the Grenadier his place, on the ground under her.
Stepping forward, Ema takes off her lho-stick. “Let’s begin !” and without any more warn throw the lho toward the masked figure’s lenses and launch roundhouse kick aimed to his ribs. Using the distraction and her speed to takes her opponent off-guard.

[[Alric5698: pawnch roll, Ema opening the fight with a roundhouse kick
Alric5698 rolls 4u1+3 (quick) = 4]]
Mordian Iron Guard :

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:49 pm

"Iho's do come in different variants. Its all about what grew to be put into the Iho. " he said with a shrug "To me nothing beats the Stehlen grown mine ponies or the forge fire cigars. good and smooth. No nasty aftertaste" he said with a grin. "and no. there is nothign wrong with my hand. Its a for agreements and greetings. Its not as threat " he said as he reached out and slowly and calmly left his palm out at where his wrist is. waiting for the kreiger to take the lead.

Dug would have a big warm grin to her glassy look "its made from de webs o' some 'endle krabs. dey massive webs to catch small fish and such." he would continue to rub her trench coat as he looked closer to it. still careful to not pull her down "exolent threading dis is..." he said as he gently let go and taking a seat next to her. "so wots...Kerig...loke?" he said working carefully to not mispronounce there homeworlds name.

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:20 am

Grenadier 9987-A was already taking off his heavy jacket when Ema spun into her kick. Without hesitation he backed up a step and hefted the heavy coat to intercept her leg, softening the impact against his form and grunted as the boot struck.

((Rolled Clever to counter. Base of 3 + 2 for a total of 5.
Rolled Quick to hit back. Base of 1 - 2 from roll for a total of -1))

His next movement was hampered by the fact that he was still taking off his gear. Though in truth he did seem to be taking an awfully long time with it. He slapped at her shin with a somewhat ineffectual blow, trying to dislodge her.

______

Opposite Sgt. Manner, the gravelly voiced Grenadier didn't seem to know how to respond. "So----what do you do with your hand? Wag it?"

And with the big Ogryn, December shrugged expansively. "I wouldn't know. I'm not from it." She gently patted his hands and extricated her greatcoat from his grip. "Do you want another cookie?" The question was clearly intended to try and distract the big creature, as though he'd touched on something of a sensitive subject.

Zeppo

Postby Zeppo » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:44 am

9987-A hit was mostly absorbed by the padding inside the mordian’s trousers. Ema put down her right leg on the floor next to the Grenadier, lowering her stance, Ema step forward under her opponent’s guard. Her left hand reaching to grab his back of his neck, as the right catches his inside thigh. Whit a grunt Hugot try to lift the Krieger above her shoulder to execute a bodyslam.

[[Alric7930: Ema in Regimental Relations, roll quick to grab 9987-A
Alric7930 rolls 4u1 + 3 (Quick) = 4]]

[[Alric7930: roll forceful to execute a bodyslam
Alric7930 rolls 4u1 + 2 (Forceful) = 2]]
Mordian Iron Guard :

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:45 am

Wilfred would take the mans wrist slowly gripping it and shaking it up and down "kinda. but like this. at least where I am from." he said calmly "you ready to spar now?"

dug would smile again and nod "yes please ma'am" his hands letting lose of the kreigers coat as soon as she started to tug on it. It was rude to hold onto other peoples things when they wanted them back. "....did I do something wrong ma'am?" cocking his head to the side

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:11 am

((9987-A is not attempting to resist the bodygrab itself. He is however rolling forceful to steel himself against being slammed down. Rolled 2 +2 from stat for a total of 4.

He's also rolling forceful to kick at her legs. Rolled 0 +2 from stat for a total of 2))

Grenadier 9987-A . . . didn't fight back for a brief second as Ema took hold of him. It was obvious he wanted to, she would be able to feel his muscles bunching and tensing as he prepared to try and fling her off.

But then he didn't.

Did she catch the almost imperceptible glance he gave to the Watchmaster?

And then he was being slammed into the ground bodily by the smaller Mordian. He hit with a grunt, but was made of sterner stuff and withstood the impact without much harm it seemed. Now on the ground, he spun around on his back and kicked out hard for her legs with his own, intending to drive her to the ground as well.

_____

The Grenadier opposite Wilfred nodded simply, pointing towards the nearest empty square. "That one?" He trotted over to it, removing his helmet and gloves. Revealing beneath it a grizzled and markedly aged face, truly he must have been pushing middling sixties, buzz-cut silvering hair and eyes like grey steel. His face was weathered and beaten, pockmarked and scarred and covered in silver stubble. But still the man moved with a killer's swiftness, "ready when you are, Sergeant." He growled out in his gravelly voice, removing his coat and laying it across a chairback.

A little ways away, December shook her head. "No, nothing wrong, Dug." She answered without feeling. She pointed towards one of the nearby tables with cookies and water, "Let's go get you a cookie. It looks like that Sergeant you came in with is about to fight Goat, we can watch them spar if you'd like. Or keep talking."

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:34 am

Wilfred would grin and fallow the man. Taking off his own equipment and leaving it next to the kreigers going down to his undershirt and simple combat pants and boots. He would look at the man and give a fist in the air "got your silvers mate?" he said with a rather amazed look to it. "Impressive." being sure that his bandages where tight and nothing was left to interfere with the spar he would make his way to the other side "best of luck mate." as he entered the ring he would move himself into a defensive stance. angling himself to keep his eye on the grenadier opposite from him as he got his footing sure arching his back. Scanning the man up and down.

Meanwhile dug would give a simple nod " tha't would be nice ma'am. Thank ya kindly." he said calmly though he would look over to the ring "Cuzion wilfreds in ah spar?" He said as he looked to December as if to confirm that was indeed happening infront of him then back to the ring. Cocking his head to the side for a moment. forgetting about the prospect of food.

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:40 am

((Congratulations. You have discovered a variant of the Krieg Grenadier. Known as Goat! Don't leave food out around him))

Grenadier #6732-D stared at Wilfred with a quizzical expression as the Sergeant prepared for combat. His steely eyes took in the form of his opponent and he nodded once. "Skill to you, Sergeant." He replied with a flat, gravelly monotone.

A moment later he was lunging forward and striking hard for the Sergeant's stomach, a fist and arm working like a piston to slam low into his opponent.

(( Rolled Forceful to smack Wilfred in the stomach. Rolled a fantastic 0 +2 for Forceful equals a wopping 2. Krieger Pawnch))

December watched the beginning of the fight with a clinical detachment, "He is. He's fighting my friend. We call him Goat."

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:52 am

Wilfred grunted and coughed as the punch landed on him knocking him back a bit. Reacting quickly as he stumbled backwards brought his own response to the attack as his augmatic knee jolted upwards and broght his boot into the kreigers knee turning himself to keep him in view of his good eye.

(rolled a forceful for a responce and 1+3 is 4 )

"why do dey call him g'oat? he asked as he continued to watch the fight

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:22 am

((Rolled two forceful rolls. First to oppose, second to hit back. -1 for first roll and then a 0 for 2nd roll. Totals of 1 for opposing and 2 for striking respectively. Goat is going no where fast))

The augmented knee seemed to take the Grenadier by surprise, smashing into his knee forcefully and sending the soldier stumbling back, grunting heavily from the blow. Like a machine re calibrating, he pulled himself up and flexed the knee to ensure he could still fight before stalking forward and striking at his opponent's face, the blow intended to smash into Wilfred's jaw. The strike itself was off-kilter, the man's knee was functional but gave him a somewhat hobble and throw off his momentum which in turn threw off his upper body motions.

_____

December watched the elder Krieger fight with a somewhat bemused look before shrugging. "Some say it's because he's stubborn." She said with a half-hearted joviality. And then, in a much quieter voice, so soft as if to almost be for herself. "Or maybe because he eats everything."

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:20 am

Wilfred went in closer lowering his head down to attempt to charge into the older kreigers chest. Unannounced to him the kreiger was rudely refusing him from just that. He went not only into the full strike of the punch but ontop of that the punch went away from the jaw and straight into his good eye. His only good eye. His eye watering blinding him he threw a blind punch straight ahead of him with his augmentic fist trying to blink his sight back.

(rolled a -3 on his attempt to doge the attack and rolled to a blind attack and got a 2-1=1)

Dug would nod a few times as he took a seat on one of the crates "...makes sens. " he said calmly "I like 'oats. there soft. "

Zeppo

Postby Zeppo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:14 pm

Ema muscles tensed and bulged, as her lift the heavy Krieger, almost as impressive as Krast’s display. The absence of a reaction of 9987-A worries the woman, did he prepare something, or did he just let her win? As a point of anger start to grow as the thought of the second option, she slams down 9987-A, but his reaction takes her by surprise. The Mordian managed to dodge the kick just in time, hopping above the flying leg. This manoeuvre destabilises her, she tries to control her falling to land on top of Lanky.

[[Alric5547: In pawnch, Ema try to dodge 9987-A kick
Alric5547 rolls 4u1(0) + 3 (Quick) = 3]]
[[Alric5547: Ema try to land on top of 9987-A (quick)
Alric5547 rolls 4u1(-1) + 3 (Quick) = 2]]
Mordian Iron Guard :

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:27 am

An almost comical turn of events was taking place in the center of Goat and Wilfred's battle, it seemed. Whereas his lucky strike had temporarily blinded the Sergeant, the Sergeant's own wild blow connected firmly with Goat's neck as he moved in for a second punch.

It wasn't so much a surprised sound that Goat uttered, considering he was having trouble breathing from the blow. However there was a definite "urk!" sound that exploded from his gasping lips as he stumbled backwards, blinking as his eyes teared up, lips hungrily snatching at the air as he tried to draw in breath.

Acting more on instinct rather than any conscious thought, he struck out again towards his opponent even as he tried and failed to find his breath.

((Goat also flubbed his counter with a wonderful -3. He's trying to strike back with forceful. Rolled a 0 + 2 for a whopping 2.))

______

December watched the fight continue with a quirked eyebrow. A comedy of errors in the fight ring, a blind man punching an old man who wobbled out another throw . . . "Are they? I've never actually seen one." She queried off-handedly, wondering how long either of the two men in the square could last.

______

In the other square, 9987-A let out a grunt as Ema slammed down on top of him. "Where-" He coughed, "Did you get such pointy elbows?" He wriggled and spun, muscles tensing as he tried to push her off or alternatively squirm out from under her.

((9987-A flubbed his roll opposing as well with a quick of 0 + 1 for his stat. He then is trying to push her off with forceful, but taking a -1 due to her thumping onto him. Rolled a 2 (-1) +2 for a total of 3 to get her off of him))

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:02 am

Feeling the connection to the kreiger in his blind attack gave him the hope and time he needed as he tried to see out of the watery darkness that was his vision at the moment. Blinking away the water in his eyes for a moment he was just barely able to move out of the reactionary hit. Wobbling a moment as he steadied himself he went for another blow using his augmented hand this time for a blow to the mans gut to push the advantage.

(rolled a 2+1(quick)-1(blinded)=2 on his doge on the reaction and 2+3=5 on forceful to add another gust of wind knocked out of goat)

Dug would nod watching the two stumble about "Aunty tended to sum at 'ome when not pushing scrap....dey had good milk" he said simply "...they were tough to.."

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:42 am

Blood spewed from Goat's mouth as he rocked backwards from the blow, stumbling and then falling backwards on his buttocks, wretching up blood and phlegm as he gasped for air. Something flared in the older man's eyes even as he spat blood onto the sand. A dangerous look that said he wanted to get back up and hit back, do damage. Even if he was losing.

But his eyes trailed to the Krieger Medicae standing next to Dug, and noted the tightening of her lips as she watched them fight. And suddenly his own stubbornness evaporated. "Ye---" He coughed. "You fight well, Sergeant. Thank you for the demonstration, but I con--con---"

In the corner, December mouthed a word very slowly to the elder Krieger.

"I concede." He finally sounded out, breathing hard, sweat and blood dribbling from his chin.

((Whoo boy. He rolled a -2 +2 quick to react for a lovely 0. And then a 0 +2 Forceful to try and hit back and decided against it. Congratulations, Wilfred. You have defeated Goat.))

_____

December looked up, having concentrated briefly on helping Goat find the right words. "Tough? That sounds about right." She agreed.

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:47 am

Wilfred swayed a moment as he blinked away the water in his eye allready feeling the bruise starting to swell around it. He looked at the krieger getting ready for a retaliation. His defensive stance unmoving as he looked at the krieger until he gave then it ended and he was quick in his next action "Good match mate." With out a second thought he went to help the kreiger up wrapping an arm up behind his shoulders to help get him up. "Id hate to be the one to fight you in a life or death battle" he said warmly and honestly. "ya dont crack with silvers and aparently krieg silvers in particular." panting a bit as looking for the medic to tend to them his vision blurred.

Dug watched as goat fell and the spar ended. Sitting up from his spot he looked between December and wilfred unsure if he should go to help them get to her or stay and let them come.