[Closed] Guidance and Faith

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:09 pm

It was approaching 0530 on this lovely Sunday. The sky was clear, the air was cool and crisp, but the sun was just poking from the horizon, promising it’s warmth to those below. The HQ Cathedral looked lovely as wakening light splashed upon it, especially inside as the light started to pour through the stained glass windows. At this time of day, there were understandably few people to witness this at the ground floor, made up by church personnel that was always on call to aid those wavering souls that were truly desperate to be here at this hour. Occupying the halls, Administratum personnel working in their offices and workstations preparing for shift changes. Upstairs people of escalating levels of rank and importance were either finishing their work to retire or coming in to begin trying to run and manage the various responsibilities their titles and offices heaped on them.

Standing in the middle of the ground floor was a particular woman who stood out easily among the scant amount of people praying at the pews. Clad in dull blue Carapace Armor plates and white robes, there was no mistaking this was Hospitaller Advance Marilyn Valentine. The sight of a Hospitaller was understandably rare; not because they were lacking faith and devotion but their duties often required them to be needed elsewhere, often the Medicae Ward. Today she was waiting for someone, someone who needed guidance. She looked down at her chrono, seeing how far they were from the appointed time.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

LaxKnight's Character Hub

Toasty

Postby Toasty » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:12 pm

Right as the Chrono struck 0530, the Cathedral doors swung open, light cascading through the threshold, illuminating a lone figure that basked in the holy light. The figure drew closer through the floors of the chapel far enough for the servitors within the doors to close, sealing off the bright morning light from the church goers. As the light dims the figure is revealed to be a Lithe Chem-Dog, dressed within a tall hole ridden Trench coat and other attire, her gas mask clinging to the woman's face causing soft wheezes to escape into the cool church air.

Moto fixated her eyes upon the Hospitaller standing within the middle of the floor space, she smiled behind her mask obviously excited for the fun that more than likely promised to come. She began her approach, offering the other woman a quick wave before digging into her coat pocket for something. "I told you I'd be here early! C'mon, do you really think I'd lie?"
Last edited by Toasty on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:55 am

When the door opened right on 0530 Mari squinted as she was briefly blinded by the rising sun. When it dissipated she saw the Chem Dog standing before her. She gave her a wave, which Mari returned with a nod, and began digging through her pockets as she commented on that she was early. The Hospitaller looked at her chrono then said, “Right on time, actually.”

If she was honest with herself Mari thought she might have been a little late. She was glad to be proven wrong. “I thought it would be best to use a private room. I don't think the priests would appreciate weapons being drawn here,” she said, figuring that her pistol was what she was fishing for, “Follow me.”

With that she turned and started heading upstairs to the second floor, expecting Moto to obey.

Toasty

Postby Toasty » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:15 pm

The Chem-Dog quickly followed, slowly her hands remove themselves from within her trenchcoat, revealing her now semi-functional pistol, it looked the same as it was from before, so it seemed it would have to be put to the test at some point to tell if it would misfire or not once more. She twirled it around in her fingers for a moment, keeping it at her attention as they walked through the large temple around them and onward towards the private rooms. "Huh? What'd you say? I wasn't paying much attention."

The woman seemed a bit sluggish obviously, there must have been some sort of fatigue due to the poor Penal Legionnaire awakening. A loud yawn escaped the woman's mouth, coming out as little more than a muffled groan. "Whatever, anyways what did you have in store for today? Hm?"

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:27 pm

Mari for now ignored the fact that the Chem Dog seemed to not have listened to her. At least she was following now. She kept her pace slow so Moto would keep up and she heard her ask what they were going to do today. “This will be the first of a series of sessions,” the Hospitaller Advance replied, “Today will mainly be focused on assessment. Assessing if you managed to fix your pistol, assess your knowledge of how to maintain your weapons, assessing how your physical state, and assessing your devotion to the Imperial Creed.”

The duo began heading upstairs, which was mainly filled with offices of officers and similarly ranked personnel along with storage and empty rooms for personal prayer. Mari briefly wondered if Moto has ever been up here a just as quickly concluded if she had it wouldn’t be for anything good. After passing a few offices occupied with a few officers Mari reached a room and opened the door.

“After you,” Mari waved for Moto to enter.

Moto would find herself in a dim room lit up by a stain glass window. It depicted a commoner and a noble both kneeling to a saint, indicated by the halo above her. There was a small podium below it flanked by unlit candles. Two pews and two large cabinets were lined up on the blank walls. The rest of the room, however, was empty.