Active Plot Thread- The Wall

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
DeMarchese

Postby DeMarchese » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:53 pm

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:29 pm

Listening to Brinton talk about how his muddy clothing being a pain for his second, which was a somewhat amusing thought that someone would put so much importance in keeping a uniform perfectly white on a battlefield, and how he marvelled at Joseph's performance, had put a smile to her face. It had taken her mind away from the fighting for a moment. She wasn't convinced he was a good officer, but here in this moment he was a quite likeable one.

That smile had vanished quite quickly when Holt's bolt gun had rung out and taken the head of the Unseen Son captain. And as if that wasn't terrifying enough: then Yorke protested against the other commissar. Right at that moment, Tabitha threw a glance back at the downed crisis suit and wondered to herself if she hadn't been safer at that moment.
Private Tabitha Maru - Lieutenant Yudel Eckhardt

Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

Zeppo

Postby Zeppo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:46 pm

Mordian Iron Guard :
: /

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Richard

Postby Richard » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:52 pm

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:06 pm

The Unit continued it's pursuit, travelling the fine line between the area the Enemy was running from to the area where the enemy could have gathered their senses and resist, from that point retreating would just disable the illusion that the Imperials are always on their heels with some massive amounts of manpower performing a counter-attack headed by that dreadful tank.

It stalked No-Mans-Land, the natural habitat of the Death Korps of Kreig right after their own trenches, and The Prey was Plenty.

At times, #8-316 would eschew precision shooting in favour of toying with the enemy and their medical supplies: To treat a wounded and disabled soldier costs more in the long term than burial services, so after cutting down a squad's leader she'd proceed to mutilate some of the rest and remove disposable limbs that just happen to be instrumental for walking or fighting, they won't die but drain time and resources. At other times she'd just fire randomly at the enemy's general direction for purposes of increasing the fire rate, strengthening the illusion of multiple pursuers which made the Rebels ever the more agitated and frantic in their escape.
The Xenos and all Officers (Rebels or Tau) received no such mercy: They are the actually competent ones and surely will receive enough medial care to return to the war more experienced and knowledgeable, a smart enemy is worse than a strong stupid one.

4 Charges of Hot Shot Charge Packs came and went, spending all of their precious juices for that purpose; so did 1 and a half of regular charge packs intended for the Las Pistol, one Frag Grenade, a Photon Flash Grenade and even a Smoke one for good measure, at that point it was simply to observe their reactive stratagems when thinking their position is being marked for artillery bombardment via coloured smoke as well as granting their trousers a more camouflaged look, fitted to the brown dirt of Naris.

Ultimately, all good things come to an end [Except the God Emperor, for his Glory (And Toilet Break) are Eternal].
The Hunter, realising the killing grounds are left all but empty of living creatures had to finally retreat back to base not before backtracking on the dead and removing their possessions from the limp clutches, a fitting trophy for a good hunt. An Even Better present to Command and Supply Depots.
Despite the extensive training: Carapace Armour, along with all the stuff she'd collected were not light things. With heavy and measured steps #9453/8-316 slung the equipment over her shoulders in a tied bundle and began her march back to base.

[[Erika will return later.]]
Last edited by Johannes Wyss von Krieg on Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

/

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:37 pm

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:32 pm

Krast stumbled around, getting his bearings in order as the world seemed to melt around him. The soft waxy look of everything was gone, replaced by frighteningly realistic transformations. Holt seemed to have grown 20 feet tall and resembled on of the great statues of a saint on chapels, stony skin and all. Thea was now a giant bipedal lion like beast, with great trumpets erupting from its mane. He'd seen Vayne for a moment, but he was soon replaced by a fire headed child, with the flames reaching higher and higher as Yorke, who Krag swore was never a felinid, pulled him aside.

"Oh Throne, Ema I don't like this stuff any more!" Krast said, feeling his stomach churn and head spin. He quickly bolted over to a wall, and emptied the contents of his stomach all over the ground and his boots. After that he slumped down against the wall, focusing on not falling over.

"Ooooh.....I think I need to go to the Medicae...." he moaned.

[With that, I will leave unless someone needs me. Was fun everybody :D]]

Who says the future has to be grimdark? Matt Ward that's who.

DeMarchese

Postby DeMarchese » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:58 am

Something felt . . .entirely off. December realized with an almost painful sense of clarity. She couldn't quite tell what, but she felt as though she'd just failed. The whispers in the back of her mind grew to something like a roar, she should have known better. Risking her neck for anyone who wasn't her regiment was a damned----

No. It was what they did. Failure or not, she was alive and the foes were dead. Guardsmen lay dead or dying as well, each one of them their own miniature and terrible failure in its own way. And it seemed the Commissar wasn't going to go to Medicae . . . though Holt's orders were to go to medicae as well. As she couldn't disobey a direct order---she could at least creatively interpret it.

Saluting the nearby officers, she headed to one of the vehicles preparing to take the more critically injured back to medicae and pulled herself up into the back, setting to work with medical gear and swift hands as she tried to save the lives of those dying around her.

((Unless more is needed, this will serve as December's exit to the thread))
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:56 am

"well that's disappointing..." Halvus remarked with a sigh as the suit cockpit was opened revealing the pilot had taken his own life "coward."

having no further need to be there the lieutenant exited the downed craft and walked back towards the assembling point for the wounded, thinking over how she was going to get the required materials to repair the destroyed parts of her armour, coming to a halt as she realised she had entered the gatehouse instead

"oops wrong door" she muttered absentmindedly before she caught sight of the rebel prisoner "well hello~ what have we here?" the lieutenants voice took on a sinister edge at this discovery "oh we're gonna have a fun time playing 20 questions with you" with that she gave a wave of her hand and turned around, making sure she was in fact heading towards the wounded assembly point this time

[[departing thread]]
Last edited by blinddeadmcjones on Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
guard characters: ///

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:46 pm

'Tired, I'm so tired.. I should just sleep..No, no.'

Once more Joseph's eyes flickered open. He had seen men just drift off like that, not to wake again. There was less noise now, less people too. Then four blurry figures gathered around him. One reached for his hand to pull something away, but the Bacaran held it in a death grip. As Joseph look to it, he realized it was the topless handle of the pick axe. He then remembered his pack. It was still in the rubble somewhere, his e tool was still embedded in a xeno's corpse too. He tried getting up, but he simply couldn't manage it. "Easy." A muffled voice spook as the Becaran felt himself hosted off the ground. "My pack.." Joseph managed as they began to move.

As the stretcher bearers began to carry him away, Joseph continued to plead for the only equipment and possessions he really had on Valmaria.

[[Unless someone wants to intercept the stretcher, Joseph is now on his way to the medical ward. Thanks for the great threat everyone!]]
//

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:24 pm

Taking the orders in his hand and palcing them into his webbing he would salute again "Yes sir." and turn on his heels and move along as he would walk next to Hugot he would turn his head next to her "Trooper Hugot. Your basically goldfield Arbities. " he said in a serious tone but a joking manner. "Would you mind taking the lead and showing me how this is done. Ladies first as they say" as he shouldered his weapon and finally took off his helm. placing it onto his waste for the time being He would take out his long awaited Iho and light it. Running a hand threw his sweat matted hair adjusting the bandages around his eye.

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:21 pm

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:15 am

When commissar Holt didn't execute anyone else Tabitha allowed herself to let out a subtle sigh of relief. She liked Yorke, he might not be what she expected from a commissar but he seemed to honestly want the people around him to be at their best and tried his utmost to inspire that. Despite being a commissar himself she had been worried there for a moment that Holt would shoot him as well.

With the commotion all over she detached herself from Lt Brinton, who seemed to be able to handle himself now, and glanced out over the battlefield. Because that's what it was now, wasn't it? No longer just a wall, but a testament to the fighting that had taken place here. A group of medicae carrying a stretcher passed by her and she could hear Joseph weakly ask for his pack.

"I'll get it, Joseph"

Jogging the cadian driver headed to the place where she had found him lying earlier and grabbed one of the straps and turned around to head after Joseph, intending to swing the pack onto her back using the momentum of her movement. That was how she had pictured it in her mind anyways. But the pack was considerably heavier than she had thought. Instead she was half a pace away when she reached the end of the strap and the sudden stop jerked her back and almost made she fall on top of the Bacaran's pack.

He was carrying that around all day? Seriously?

With a determined expression she hoisted it onto her shoulders, now knowing how heavy it actually was, and headed after her friend. Intending to bring him his equipment.

[[Departing the thread]]
Private Tabitha Maru - Lieutenant Yudel Eckhardt

Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

Zeppo

Postby Zeppo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:48 pm

“At your command, Commissar sir”
Ema executes another well drilled salute and follow Manner to the gatehouse.
“yeah, it happens to me to take care of some undisciplined enlisted when York is busy, so yes. I think you can call me that. That’s good to see some true Gentlemen remains in this part of the galaxy.” Ema replied while she unsheathed her shock-stick.
She passes the door, crossing Halvus near the prisoner. Hearing her words, she greets the Lieutenant a sadistic smile “Don’t worry, we’ll make sure he will be ready for interrogation.” Then turning her ice-cold gaze to the traitor, her crooked smile still in place. “Get up! No sudden gesture or you’re gona tastes my stick. If you try to escape the dear Sergeant here will have the pleasure to pop out your knee caps with his stubber. Now walk !”
Pushing the prisoner in the back with the stun-baton, they headed to the nearest Taurox not fill with wounded, getting into the back with the traitor. Her left hand clutch on the hilt of her pistol, ready to draw her weapon at the first threat.

[[Leaving the thread with the Taurox]]
Mordian Iron Guard :
: /

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:01 pm

The Wall is sealed, temporarily, by the bustling efforts of the Adeptus Mechanicus. The wounded are carried to medicae. The enemy dead are pushed into trenches, and buried en masse. The base tries to return to normal. But after watching Holt carry out his summary execution, the base is choked with tension. Every Unseen Son has a dangerous glint in their eyes. The Guard watch the walls... and watch within them, too.

[[Super delayed, sorry about that, but for those who want to post a debriefing, please do. Otherwise, consider the thread closed, as the aftermath will be dealt with in another thread, to follow.

Everyone who participated should increase one FRAK stat of their choosing for successfully defending the wall. If you have any questions on how that works, please let me know.]]

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:37 am

Mass Graves, piles of bones without a name or a tongue to tell their tale, an inevitable fate even Kriegers had the privilage to obtain when the bio starch proccessor broke. This enormous privilage was denied from the Traitors at least for now, even the numbers of Kriegers were attempted to be recorded in the Black Book, those who turned their back to humanity were doomed to eternal anonimity with no one left to remember them, truly expunged from existance.

Unit #8-316 was making the final steps towards the wall which by now was well and truly sealed and manned. A short vox exchange, establishment of mutual visual and a little game of logistical lifts allowed the Kriegerin to bypass it without getting shot by mistake with all the loot destined for mechanicus inspection and refitting.

The Unit had a Report and a few Harsh Words to submit.

/

SilverRuby

Postby SilverRuby » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:00 pm

Vayne stalled a bit, before following Cat back into the gate-house, rather meek in the way he trotted after the Commissar. He held out and returned the battered dataslate without any fuss, nodding as Yorke tried to soothe the situation by acting as though it was just an every day occurrence.

"I'll have to get my slate back from him, given that I still have work... to do..." Cassius mumbled, numbly watching as Cat moved the prisoner around, and gestured with his hand once the Commissar looked back up to him.

"I guess... I'll find him later, let's go..." He turned, doing his best to emulate Yorke's casual-ness and stalk out of the gatehouse to return to the offices, despite the churning feeling in his belly.

[[Vayne exit because I'm super late lolol]]
Main: