[CANCELED] Among the Ruins of the Old

Anywhere within Naris Capitol city limits
User avatar
Tabitha Maru
Posts: 330
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Tabitha Maru » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:43 am

((Welcome back Antioch))

Tabitha glanced over her shoulder towards Benny as the chimera's driver struggled out of his seat. Gritting her teeth as she heard him slump down on the deck and groan from pain, that looked (and sounded) like it hurt. Fortunantely corporal Antioch was with him instantly, looking him over. She was rather glad he was with them, looking them over and making sure they were okay. His presence made she feel her safer, and right now that was very valuable.

She heard Antioch give his directives ot the driver and given what he had said about him not being able to drive properly she felt her heart start racing. She had never driven one of these in a combat situation before. In training, sure. In base, sure. But not in combat, much less urban combat. She looked and Antioch and Benny and then at the driver's seat, then back to the corporals.

"Want me in the driver's seat, corporal?
Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2074
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:15 am

The advancing Krieg Squad was having the time of it's life: Having forsaken the traditional method of movement on road and being open to attack from the Hammerhead, they began moving the Chimera through the habitats themselves: a few concentrated detonations and drive through the wall have proven to be rather effective when dealing with superior numbers of Tau, since firing in straight line was possible only when the transport was fully exposed, meaning the Multilaser held a rather remarkable duty of tearing every blueberry to shreads once they only showed their orange armour. Neither predicting the next manuver of the Chimera was an easy task: By emitting the huge heat from the Heavy Flamer and the multiple detonations made a significant heat signature spread on a big scale, too big to be found with heat sensors but obscured within the hab blocks to avoid other sensors. Good luck having to find it based on sight, as it requires a straight line.
Hopefully, it drew enough attention to keep the remaining Devilfish and the squads away from the rest of the Guardsmen and the Snipers now moving to position themselves to a better spot and occasionaly melting a Tau head or two.
[[Alright, roll time:
1+3 Careful on Chimera Multilaser turret
2+2/3 Sneak for Krieg Snipers
-1+2/3 Careful for Sniper shooting accuracy
1+3 Sneaky for Erika to move a bit closer to the Hammerhead]]

/

User avatar
Zink
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:19 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Postby Zink » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:35 pm


User avatar
Warsmith Wolf
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:32 pm
Location: Nara, Japan
Contact:

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:52 pm

Damnable gue'la!

Shas'ui Sal'ein felt his gunship jerk as another anti-tank round punched through his tank, his evasive boost too late to save his communication vanes. Readouts and displays abruptly cut out, then powered on again, now registering an absurdly high heat signature in the gue'la habitation block - though the strategic communication link remained ominously dark.

Long-range comms out. Support will need time to reroute off the Devilfish.

Spitting a curse, the shas'ui barked orders into his headpiece, now the only working piece of communication gear he had left short of relaying through the Devilfish's antennas - a process that would take precious time to set up, time he didn't have.

++"Kau'ui, tactical withdrawal! Operation is compromised - Len'ra Three, keep up that suppression fire, get into cover! All strike teams, withdraw through the habitation and regroup at Point B-5. Dying here accomplishes nothing!"++

As the Hammerhead pulled back into deeper cover and its missile pods reloaded, its turret swung around at one last target - Len'ra Two's gutted Devilfish, its crew killed by the gue'la battle tank's cannon. With a press of the activation studs - though not without a pang of regret - Shas'ui Sal'ein bathed the wrecked gunship's remains in plasma cannon fire, slagging whatever remained of the APC and rendering it useless for salvage.

You will not have them, gue'la. Not now, not ever.
Ferrum honore veniat.


User avatar
Ave Omnissiah
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:52 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Ave Omnissiah » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:24 pm

[[OOC: Are the incoming aircraft close enough to create audio or energy signatures enough to warn the party of what exactly is going to happen to us if we don't run?]]
Characters: /

User avatar
Zink
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:19 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Postby Zink » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:34 pm

[[Yes. Irregardless, they're going to do a fly by to confirm the target location, as the smoke from the sporadic hab-blazes has choked out the local area, making it had to do any high altitude bombing. Tau propulsion systems are also quite loud, so everyone would probably hear them really, reaaally soon. Plus, seeing a bomber charging up it's energy weapon (it's quite obvious) will be a dead giveaway, too.

User avatar
QuothTheRaven
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:48 am

Postby QuothTheRaven » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:00 am


Seeing the forlorn look her gunner was giving her Guerrero rolls her eyes. "Alright, I'll authorize one cannon shot at their cowardly alien backsides."
The cannoneer nearly claps with glee and turns to her controls, looking through the eyepiece for the most likely place to put a cannon round...
((-1 on rolz :\))
A hab explodes in a fountain of rockcrete and dust, at least reminding the tau what is waiting if they should try and come back.

With the immidiate threat over, the engineer opens his hatch and sits up to look at the front of the tank. The armor is scorched, and a bit warped in places, but no serious structural damage was sustained. He closes the hatch again and removes his respirator, then gives his report.
++Battle report; minor damage sustained. Ammo levels acceptable, fuel levels acceptable. A few bumps and bruises but no injuries. Guerrero out.++



DrAwesome2012
Posts: 419
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:58 pm
Location: Cadia. Whats left, anyway.

Postby DrAwesome2012 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:34 pm

Reinforcements, eh? Luskin thinks. Orders? ++Uhh, I'll try, sah, but its kind of hairy over here. That gunner on the hammerhead, I think I spilled his recaff++ Crackles over the LTs vox. ++Give me a couple of secs++
He slowly inches off of the hab, figuring some sort of motion detection shenanigans were to blame for his discovery. He then pulls away from the main fight, slipping through the habs. ++I'm clear, sah. Heading to your location++
[[-2 +2 = 0]]
[[It may take Luskin a bit to get to the position, so feel free to take him out for as many 'turns' (IDK what the technical term is) as you want, Zink]]
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=77
Corporal Tayber Luskin, just an ordinary Guard sniper from Cadia, and Shas'Ui Kisi, a disgruntled Tau medic without a past

Talancir
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:35 pm

Postby Talancir » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:41 am


User avatar
Corporal Antioch
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Postby Corporal Antioch » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:28 pm

The Lietenant's transmission made Antioch's blood go cold. Though they were alive and well inside the Chimera, he hadn't considered the idea of a stealth team. These Xenos were wiley, that was for sure, and he was certain that some underhanded tactic like that wouldn't be outside their ball park.

"That's going to be a resounding yes private. Help Benny to the back and get yourself seated post-haste."

Turning to back to Cerea he gave her a quick reassuring pat on the shoulder before helping her get positioned back in the Gunner's seat. As soon as he was done, though, he raced off without a word to the the vox console.

"Roger that Sir. We've taken some minor personnel casualties, none fatal. Private Maru will be serving as Driver and we should have the Chimera to your position without delay."

He spoke in a manner loud enough to let the rest of the crew know what they needed to do, and hoped they would take the hint to get things going.

"Hang tight sir. The cavalry is coming."

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2074
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:10 pm

[[OOC: I apologize for not posting earlier and sadly I can't post today as well, Could the GM Post be delayed a bit? 1 to 2 days? I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, just having to manage life y'know?]]

/

User avatar
Zink
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:19 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Postby Zink » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:54 pm

[[I never post without (at least) most everyone being ready and having got their posts out of the way. It's fine, man, take your time and work on it when you're comfortable doing so. I know i left you with quite the response, too, so it's perfectly fine. Some side posting might happen, just as dialogue between characters or minor actions, but I'll save the big stuff.]]

User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2074
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:23 pm

[[OOC: Thanks Mate, I appriciate it. Also: Before I actually post the RP stuff I might post one big OOC, as a discussion of my options and the "legality" of my actions, because I understand that my previous post trespassed some laws I was not aware of and I would like to keep it within the logical framework to minimize future errors. And the Chimera manuver was also a way to kill at least some of the Kriegsmen, from the start it felt dodgy to me that only I had a squad while the rest went with only one character. While legal by the original rules it kinda felt wrong, or maybe I need more practice: 'tis my first RP Forum after all and no matter how much experience I have in RP I still can't fully write it down or read from it hence the errors. Oh, now it's 2 big OOC's before RP one only for apologizing, I might be a good Canadian...]]

/

User avatar
Zink
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:19 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Postby Zink » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:37 pm

[[ The few problems I had with your post generally went around the convention of "Assumptions", but very little else. It's not to say you did anything horribly wrong, but a lot of your actions which were geared towards one intent could feasibly cause something else to happen, like with too many explosives destabilizing a hab or a fire wall to cover your heat sig marking you up from above, stuff like that. The only problem I ever had with squads is that they make everything... Impersonal? Commanding faceless characters or npcs is never fun, but when they interact with a PC there's astoundingly little the players can go off of, 's why I fleshed out the PC's Chimera's driver and gunner after all.

You really didn't do much of anything wrong, but a good tip for future instances would be along the lines of "be considerate with big actions", like with explosives or vehicle movement, as depending on the scenario there could be an adverse effect. ]]

User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2074
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:06 pm

[[OOC: Yeah, I have a habit of ignoring the obvious and search for the most complicated solutions possible. Which makes the Characters untrue to their personallity. And as proven numerous times, what I see as obvious is not self-explanatory to other, that makes the judging of the intent by the resoults a bit obscure, meaning that I need to go into details to explain my point, sometimes I simply have no idea what are the details: for example Hass tried to sneak closer to the Hammerhead, the plan was to throw a grenade into the second hole left by the Skitarious, run around throw another grenade to the second hole and at least stun the Blueberry, but I got confuzed by the layout of the place due to limited interpretation of the text and turns out I was backtracking. I don't mean that the explanations are misleading, just that these are Mental Notes to myself that I need to properly express somewhere and not aimlessly drift in my consiousness and maybe just maybe recoeve feedback on my mistakes or advise. Again, sorry for the long post]]

/

Talancir
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:35 pm

Postby Talancir » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:44 pm


User avatar
Tabitha Maru
Posts: 330
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Tabitha Maru » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:23 pm

"On it!"

Tabitha climbed back a bit to help Benny, supporting his larger bulk over her shoulders to best she could. It looked a little comical, with the smaller cadian trying to support the larger one. Almost as if she had slung his arm like a cloak over her shoulders. Had he been unconcious, there'd be no way she'd be able to carry him. Especially not like this. But it was enough to help him get seated.

"Just take it easy now, lance corporal."

Climbing back into the crew compartment, she made a point of closing the hatch above them. Unless they had to keep it open, she'd much prefer not being pelted by bricks again. Getting into the drivers seat and beginning to strap herself in, she heard Antioch relay to the lieutenant what their plan was. She nodded to him in confirmation and began the quick rites she had been taught to familiarise herself with this chimera. With a deep breath she grabbed the controls and prepared herself for the task at hand.

Then slowly she eased the transmission and began backing the chimera out of the hab they had crashed into, figuring backing out would be better than trying to push through the walls ahead. Going slowly enough to allow any remaining stragglers around the chimera to get back on before things got difficult.
Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

User avatar
Warsmith Wolf
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:32 pm
Location: Nara, Japan
Contact:

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:59 pm

Ferrum honore veniat.


User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2074
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:58 pm

[[OOC: Now that the Week's coming to an end I have finally found the time to continue write for this Thread, first of all I would like to apologize again for slowing the pace down, with the Fort Stultus Thread that I just joined there are 3-4 main characters total that I need to manage, and a very demanding week in life. Micromanaging comes from practice eh?
So, prior to the actual in-Character post I would like to post this OOC one to list down several approaches that I'm not entirely sure about their legality as mentioned in a message earlier, to minimize errors and mistakes. I don't ask you to dictate how should I act and also I'll keep messages of this type to an absolute minimum so it won't slow down the game even further or break character. So here it goes:
Start with Casualties: 1 Scout and at least 2 Troopers are dead, the rest are probably wounded (DM Opinion?)

Can the dying inside the Chimera perform the next course of action:
-In an act of sheer stubbornness: unscrew the bolts that hold their rucksacks and hand it alongside their weapons to the living ones and only then die

Can The Chimera Troopers do the Next course of Actions:
-Recover the Multilaser from the Chimera use it later in defense of the hab currently held by the other squad?
-Recover their ammunition and explosives that were placed in crates and run out of the Hab?
-Use all the explosives they can't carry to detonate parts of the collapsed Hab block and direct it's imminent collapse on a nearby Tau Squad? (Or Devilfish? I dunno, as I said: Legality) and possibly not completely destroying the Chimera so it could be recovered in a different mission later? (by the Company, not actual RP Thread)
-Run to the other Squad Hab and fortify there?

Can Erika Hass do the next course of Action:
-Simply hide well enough or distract the Drone so it will lose interest in her and leave, thus maintaining it's cover and not arousing any suspicions?
-If not: Run to the intact Hab Block by the Squad (That I should remember it's name already!) and while doing so "Relieve Weight" by throwing her explosives to the Hammerhead to either destroy it's engines thus immobilizing it or at the turret to stop it's fire? (How large is the Skitarious-Inflicted-Hole?)

Can the surviving Scout do the next course of Actions:
-See the incoming Tau Bombers and give a head's up?
-Move to another intact hab block and hide there? Last time I've checked no one shot at him so he should still be unknown so he can maybe cover Erika's retreat or attack the Tau Commander if he decides to leave the Hammerhead for some reason? (How large the Skitarious-Inflicted-Hole again? Bomb sized maybe?)

Well that's what ideas I had and was not sure about and do critique them, I'll need it. Thanks again for waiting!]]

/

User avatar
Zink
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:19 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Postby Zink » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:55 pm

[[ The first bit is entirely up to you - I don't see the problem with the Kriegers just handing off their gear before death, and it's quite fitting, given that they'll be buried until a recovery team can dig the chimera out. I'm...Honestly not sure about the multilaser? If they had more time, ripping/cutting it out of its turret mount might work, but for the sake of brevity I'd probably just say no. The troopers can climb out of the hab with the gear, yes, that was the intended primary option I gave the Chimera ground team. The Casualties seem acceptable, and with the fuss that's going on I don't mind you just writing the Kriegers bolting across the street to the buildings on the other side - the Tau closest are probably going to be ducking for cover as the building caves in.

Erika can hide from the drone, and distract it, It's just that the way closer to the Hammerhead to perform any crippling actions will require you to confront the Drones, or at the very least lure them away. It's risky, but It could work. The hole in the hammerhead is about the size of a penny, a wonder how luskin threaded the needle, but the Transuranic Arquebus' shots aren't that big at all. Det-packs thrown at the side could feasibly work in disabling it further, though a kill would require a bit more effort, and as such, put you in a worse position for when the bombers pass around to analyze the situation. Ultimately up to you in that regard, but I hope the options you have are workable.

The scout's warning isn't really needed; The air-support isn't going in for a direct kill run, as the Tau's devilfish, by wolf's command, is desperately trying to hail them and at least redirect the bombing run. The aircraft will fly overhead, so everyone will get a clear picture on what's going to go down, and then they'll take a turn or two to move around and begin the attack - plenty of time for people to run or inflict any more grievous wounds on the already diminishing Xenos forces.

I still professionally recommend running, that is.]]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests