[FULL] Open Market - "Squad Dustpan"

Anywhere within Naris Capitol city limits
User avatar
Tabitha Maru
Posts: 330
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Tabitha Maru » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:18 am

“Peachy and Marbo, got it.” with a nod to the sargeant she turned around and began making her way into the crowds. Following in the wake made by Croaker and looking around wide-eyed at the market around them. She loved open markets, there were always so many things to captivate one's imagination. Smells, colours, fabrics and much much more. Occasionally she found herself almost lagging behind and being forced to jog a few steps to catch up to the bulky guardsman.
Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2074
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:31 am

Now that Stagsimus had no other choice but to comply with the mission, he only wanted it to end as soon as possible: Better finish this torture quickly and not risk an encounter with some damnable AdMech Puritans.
The Data Predator began transmitting a holy code of a Beacon through the floating Servo Skull that was positioned to observe the centre of the group as well as the nearby stalls and occasionaly rooftops to stay clear of Snipers. Now the Machine Spirits of all Equipment with connection to the Nooshperic Arrey created by the Tech Priests' flying tool should shine brighly in his sights. Not the sergeant's mind you, she was uninitiated and so the Noospheric Port was not up to Mechanicus Standard.
------------------------------------------------
::ACCESS SERVO SKULL CONNECTION::
::OPTIONS>ENTER CODE> BEACON OF THE OMNISSIAH::
::TRANSMITTING CODE_BEACON::
::TRANSMITTING> 01001000 01100101 01100001 01110010 00101100 00100000 01010110 01100101 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100001 01100010 01101100 01100101 00100000 01010011 01110000 01101001 01110010 01101001 01110100 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01001101 01100001 01100011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100101 00100000 01000111 01101111 01100100 00101110 00100000 01010011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01110010 01101111 01110101 01100111 01101000 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01001110 01101111 01101111 01101110 01110011 01101000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110010 01100101 01110110 01100101 01100001 01101100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100101 01110011 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100111 01110011 00100000 01001000 01110101 01101101 01100010 01101100 01100101 00100000 01010011 01100101 01110010 01110110 01100001 01101110 01110100::
::TRANSMITTION COMPLETE::
::SCANNING....::
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Data Predator might later find Tau machines with a slightly different technique but such codes required more concentration that he currently lacked -Considering the complex Code that he just used. Nontheless, he went with the good old way of Scanning the Frak out of the immidiate surroundings of the Servo Skull via normal measures and was even courteus enough to highlight anything suspicious for the beloved Sergeant.
[[OOC: Essantially what Staggy made was to find Imperial Tech that has connection to either Noonshpere or Vox. Like Data Slates, Vox Kits, Auspex and so forth. Then He made a scan to see basic silluetes of guns and other things that may or may not end the sqauds lives. ROLL: 2+3 Clever=5 TOTAL]]
[[Writing from Mobile, sorry for errors]]
[[OOC: Did I post too fast? Should I wait with this message or keep it now that Staggy actually does something beneficial]]

/

User avatar
QuothTheRaven
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:48 am

Postby QuothTheRaven » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:06 am


Savin ducks and scurries through the streets, a small figure easily lost in a crowd. She keeps a careful lookout for any telltale signs of backroom dealings, not being entirely unaccustomed to such things herself.
She stops at a stall selling fruit and stands on tiptoe to smile widely at the man behind it. "Allo again, Jax, how's yer kids?"
The man glances up and down the street cautiously, then leans forward, "What are you looking for now, halfpint? It's getting dangerous to smuggle in-"
"No goods this time, cher, I just need some... let's call it gossip..."
((roll -2 +1 clever for a total of -1 to try and weedle information out of a contact))
((i don't think i've ever rolled more than a 0 on this bloody site :\))



Nevaraon
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:50 pm
Location: florence SC

Postby Nevaraon » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:00 pm


User avatar
Commissar Cat
Posts: 2177
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Contact:

Postby Commissar Cat » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:46 pm

The Noosphere chimed back with a hit quite close by. A stall selling mixed clothing and outdoor travel supplies, but hanging at the back was a worn, undamaged storm trooper helm, complete with camera feed and vox array. The battery was dead, but the machine spirit's indignation at being abandoned was still apparent.

"Gossip costs..."
Next to where Savin was making her cheerful enquiry, another stall-holder was leaning against a wall, his eyes drifting between his own wares, and the friendly ratling.
A little richer-dressed than the man named Jax that she had approached, this trader's expression changed to that of faint amusement, before returning to his position behind his stand. Nothing on his stall stood out as unusual to the casual observer. Holy books, note materials and writing utensils. This man sold scribe supplies, with no tech or rations to be seen.

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

User avatar
Tabitha Maru
Posts: 330
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Tabitha Maru » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:21 pm

"Oh, sorry... I was just trying to see if I spotted anything. Don't worry about me... I'll keep up."

She took a few steps to catch up to Croaker properly, giving him a smile and briefly stand on her toes to see if she could spot Savin, quickly realising the futility of the action. Sinking back to her feet she turned her attention to Croaker and his question.

"Oh, not sure what there is to say my friend. Cadian born, if the eyes didn't give that away, and been in the whiteshields most of my life. Ended up here rather than somewhere in the gate, not really sure why but I've not really questioned it. I've got a knack for driving, hence these things"

She grabs her driving goggles and briefly brings them up to her eyes, holding them in front of her face while looking through them at Croaker and giving him a bright smile.

"What about you, where are you from"
Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

User avatar
Commissar Cat
Posts: 2177
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Contact:

Postby Commissar Cat » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:01 pm

The stall that Tabitha pauses by is mostly stocked with fabrics, rolled and bundled to take up as little space as possible. With the collapse of Naris's trade routes, the mixture of fabrics is quite eclectic, ranging from materials clearly gathered from the looted homes of nobles, to plain cottons and recycled sacking.
At one end, right beside Croaker, is a familiar bundle of khaki canvas, the letters ADIAN and the tip of an Aquila's wing are visible on the cross section. Similar rolls are tucked nearby, though none quite as prominent.

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

Nevaraon
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:50 pm
Location: florence SC

Postby Nevaraon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:16 pm

Last edited by Nevaraon on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
QuothTheRaven
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:48 am

Postby QuothTheRaven » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:45 pm


"C'mon, Jax, we're friends, right? What's a little gossip between good pals on such a nice morning."
She doesn't act like she's taking an interest, but the attention of the vendor in the next stall over has given her a little twinge of suspicion.
"I'm just looking to get my hands on a few things..."



User avatar
Commissar Cat
Posts: 2177
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Contact:

Postby Commissar Cat » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:22 pm

"You already cleared me out of unbroken glass jars last week, miss." the trader raised an eyebrow at Savin, "As for gossip, I think the price has rather escalated out of your price range, mon petit." Jax smiled grimly, "Especially if you want to cover my safety once you bugger off. Ain't just the guard sniffing around here any more. Or those tattooed xeno lovers. We've got far heavier shit to deal with."

With that, he turned back to his stall, holding out his hand to a customer clutching a few thrones, and handing over a scored canteen in exchange.
The stall holder next door continued to half-watch proceedings with faint amusement, while carefully stacking fresh parchment and leather bindings.

[[With your rather unfortunate roll there, I haven't had Jax be a complete dead end, he just didn't feel that Savin had enough to offer to make it worth his while in this case.]]

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

User avatar
QuothTheRaven
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:48 am

Postby QuothTheRaven » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:30 am


"Hmph. Well, if it's as bad as that, take care of yourself, Jax."
Savin turns and dives back into the crowd, then weaves her way back around to come out in a spot to get a good eye on that eavesdropping vendor. Just to make sure.
++Deveraux here, a contact of mine indicated there's something going on here, more than guard or xenos action.++



blinddeadmcjones
Posts: 899
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm
Location: Australia

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:18 am

Marida let out a low growl of disatisfaction at the news received on the vox, suspecting from the servo skull footage that her negotiations were not going well, the part that really bothered her was the 'more than guard or xenos action' bit that was mentioned

++copy that specialist, anything else of note?++

as she waited for a reply the sargeant turned her attention back to tabithas and croakers position, zooming in on the khaki roll next to the larger of the two guardsmen before zooming out and receiving notification of a storm trooper helm highlighted

++croaker, maru. stall to your immediate right, khaki roll. also getting a hit from another stall selling outdoor wares 30 paces ahead and to your left++
guard characters: ///

User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2074
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:33 am

While the Guards take care of the target Stagsimus began searching for more objectives, now using the more complicated Tau Machine Spirit Communications. While they lack the Nooshpere contact, the Tau techno sorcery From the most basic mechanical toys to entertainment holo-vids, were all connected to a backdoor entry of authorized Ethereal, to keep track and reinforce the grasp of the "Greater Good" philosophy on converts. -Or in other words: Mass Surveillance. Exploitable.
"Accessing close Tau Techno-sorcery, temporarily shutting down visual link and non vital systems, please stand by. Unit is defenseless."
Stagsimus sat on a nearby bench, and shut down motoric systems, visual systems, sensory systems save for a few precautions and as result going numb in his entire body. The LED projection of his eyes was restarted and now displayed a repeating pattern of a spinning round.
Such an operation was nesseccary, Stagsimus could infiltrate a single Tau System with little to no issue but here there was an unknown number of them and it would be better be prepared for multiple counter-Scrapcode battle.

The Noospheric Array from the Servo Skull was readjusted to accommodate the machine spirits in use of the Tau
---------------
::Bootcamp> Switch Startup Disc> macOS Sierra> Restart::
---------------
The Tau Technology, naive and arrogant like it's creators will announce it's location and upload all gathered data as soon as the Authorization code of an Ethereal will enter the database. Save for the basic Firewall of the system, there's no apparent obstacle, so overloading it was no issue.
Simultaneously entering all available Tau Technology that may be here, The Tech Priest found that the Machine Spirits operate in an absolutely different way compared to the correct AdMech Noosphere design -Giving a glance at the basic machine data input options, he was surprised to discover that there's not even a Holy CD Insertion! The Service to the Omnissiah is stronger than all fears of the weak flesh, and so Stagsimus began methodically moving through the Data-banks. And where the warp can he input the damn Authorization Code?!
[[OOC: Rolled: 3+3Clever=6 Total. Visual link is temporarily down and Staggy is a bit unresponsive. Don't wake him up]]

/

Nevaraon
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:50 pm
Location: florence SC

Postby Nevaraon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:01 am


User avatar
Tabitha Maru
Posts: 330
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Tabitha Maru » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:25 pm

"Well.... with an experience like that behind you, I'm even more glad to have you along for this"

Tabitha let her goggles fall back to their resting position around her neck, still smiling brightly at the much larger man. Glancing briefly at the rolls of cloth next to him, that looked curiously familiar. Was that really what she thought it was, lying so prominently on display as if there were no reason at all to keep it hidden. Her smile vanished and she frowned as her initial suspicion was more or less confirmed with the transmission sent from the sargeant.

With croaker taking a step forward towards the stall, Tabitha slunk behind the much larger man briefly, to use his bulk to shield her from curious eyes. Bringing her hand up she sent a reply to the sargeant, keeping her voice low.

++ Copy that, sargeant. We see it, checking it out now ++

With that sent, she took a step forward from behind Croaker's back, joining him fully at the cloth stall. Looking the fabrics over to see if she could spot anything else that looked like it may have originated with the Guard.
Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

blinddeadmcjones
Posts: 899
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm
Location: Australia

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Sun May 28, 2017 11:31 pm

the visual feed from the servo skull cut out

marida immediately looked over at their resident tech priest, for an explanation only to find him looking like a servitor in standby mode, growling to herself in frustration she peered around the corner to look into the market, trying to find any sign of croaker and maru. to her dismay she couldn't find them even at maximum magnification on her bionic eye

damn it, too many people

pinching the bridge of her nose in frustration, the sargeant looked over at commissar makarov before keying her microbead

++i'm going in++

grasping urz' reins she came out from their hiding place and strode into the market, keeping an eye out for her squad while heading for the stall where the storm trooper helmet was highlighted when the video feed was active
guard characters: ///

User avatar
Commissar Cat
Posts: 2177
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Contact:

Postby Commissar Cat » Tue May 30, 2017 10:26 pm


Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

Nevaraon
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:50 pm
Location: florence SC

Postby Nevaraon » Wed May 31, 2017 2:16 am


User avatar
QuothTheRaven
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:48 am

Postby QuothTheRaven » Wed May 31, 2017 9:23 am


Savin approaches the vendor, making a show of digging in her pockets for money. "It so happens that a friend misplaced his, I could do with a spare." She gives a friendly grin as she reaches the stall, standing on tip-toes to see over the counter.
"How much is it worth, do you think?"



User avatar
Aishachan
Posts: 523
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:03 pm

Postby Aishachan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:45 am

Makarov had been wondering what she could actually do when Marida burst forwards. She didn't seem particularly well suited to this mission. She'd settled on the idea that the best thing that she could actually do was try to whip everyone into a frenzy and get them to cast out anyone that was doing something wrong. That was a terrible idea, of course.

Then the feed cut and Marida sallied into the market and Makarov followed along with her. It wouldn't do to have their CO alone nor would it do to have her just stand there. Troopers could be in trouble and she could be helpful. She heard Gaz telling her to be a friendly face and she wondered if he expected her to smile or something.

Stern-faced as she ever was she went along with Marida, thoughtlessly pushing her stormcoat back so she could rest a hand on her sash. ++Everything alright?++

Currently playing:
The earnest-est little commissar// But what would a Commissar do? // There's a form for (or on) that!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests