Sewer Patrol: Heavy Rain

Anywhere within Naris Capitol city limits
CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:27 pm

The capital of Valimar, Naris, was once a bustling Hive city, with millions of citizens living and working with in its confines. Still relatively small for a hive, it was still a marvel of engineering; layer after layer of habs, miles of service crawl ways, billions and billions tons of rockcrete and plasteel. It would have been impressive before the war, but now it was only another ruin of a burning galaxy. However, like any great city, hidden beneath was the inner-workings of its services ways. The Sewers. Miles upon miles of rockcrete tubes, stretching from the upper most parts of the hive, all they way to the bottom. Now, no longer did much of its expanses piping carry the Hives waste, but it still carried the rain and blood way with each storm. Most would have never dreamed of visiting them let alone live in them; but the war had left many without shelter, so those desperate enough had moved into the sprawling underworks.

With these new inhabitants, new routes were opening for armed forces to quickly and relatively safely traverse the city. Many rebel forces had been reported using the network of tunnels to run supplies from tau positions into the city, and now the Guard had been called to route out the traitors from their hole.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++Mission Time: 0447++
++Codename: Gutter Cleaning++
++Location: North Barracks++

A cascade of rain poured down on to the the buildings that made up the Barracks of the imperial forces, as lightning boomed overhead. Many troopers were doing all they could to stay out of the weather, those unlucky enough to get forced out ran to and fro, using whatever was at hand to keep dry. Standing amiss this down pour, three Taurox sat idling with flood lights shining into the wet gloom. Between them stood two figures; one taller and bulkier with an Iho lit in his mouth, poor weather kit covering his Carapace armor and already soaked blond hair; and the other, shorter but not much wider, stood with his arms behind his back, boot tapping into the mud. Kasrkin Krag R. Krast, and Sergeant Ordril Damer. Both looked miserable, but waited outside for the rest of the squad. They had been chosen to lead a squad of men through the sewers to clear out a possible rebel supply line. Both had made strong arguments against it, but had ultimately given in.

"Put out that damn Iho, I can smell it a mile away." Sgt Damers gruff voice cut through the rain as only a practiced COs could. Sharp and full of contempt. He looked around the open area, getting angrier as time went on. 0500 meant your there by 0500, not leaving to go. If any of these apes made him wait any more in this rain than he needed, he'd have them ride on top of the Tauroxs as they drove.

"Let me finish it first. Didn't pay for them just to waste." Krast said, muttering as he sucked in a breath of vapor.

"Knowing you, one leads to 10. Now put it out before I make you burn the pack." Damer growled.

Swearing, the Kasrkin took one last drag before throwing the half used Iho into the mud and stepped on it. This was going to be a long Op.

[[Alright, starting off a new thread. As explained, this will be a group heading into the hives sewers to try and locate a possible rebel supply line and destroy it. There will be two teams, one lead by Damer, and the other by one of you(Krast hates being in charge). This will likely have more combat than others, so keep that in mind before joining. Nothing to lethal, just keep a eye out for any ambushes. Will wait a few days before heading out. Good hunting to you all.]]

Who says the future has to be grimdark? Matt Ward that's who.

Techpriest Dave

Postby Techpriest Dave » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:21 pm

((Would you mind if I bring a couple other guys with my leader? Just two is all a really think would be appropriate. If not, I'm in anyways with just the Primus.))

I figured it out!

CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:39 pm

[[I'd like to keep it to one character per person]]

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:43 pm

(OOC: oooh can I join with Croaker?)

CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:07 pm

[[Yes you can{]

Techpriest Dave

Postby Techpriest Dave » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:58 pm

((OOC: I guess I'll start the introductions.))

Against the advisements of his sub alphas, Victro-99 Kantus proceeds to the north barracks for the sewer patrol mission alone. Seeing this as a fine opportunity to gather data on the fighting style of the local imperial guard with minimal interference from skitarii units.

Finding the north barracks was… not difficult as the Primus imagined, and proceded into the building. Water slicking off of the blue robes of the skitarii Primus, he scanned the room filled with new faces and new data.

Everything inside the barracks stopped. Iho sticks were dropped, drinks were set down, and all eyes were wide an on the Primus.
"Greetings, where may I find the one who is conducting the mission in the sewers?" The Primus said to the surprised guardsmen.
All was silent, no one spoke a word. "Uh... h-he's outside." Said one.
Almost instantly the Primus' head snapped over to the one who spoke up. "Thank you guardsman, may I know your name?" The Primus asked.
The guardsman was silent for a moment "I-its, uh, guy. Guy Perrson, sir." The man, barely out of his teens squeaked out.
"Thank you, your name has been filed for future reference." And the Primus exited the barracks, and looked for the nearest figure of command. Leaving a shaking guardsman and stunned onlookers behind.

((I might make Guy Perrson a profile for shits and giggles))
Last edited by Techpriest Dave on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

I figured it out!

Delta011

Postby Delta011 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:24 am

Hearing that there is a seek and destroy operation getting prepped and ready, Bervarda checks his equipment. So, a sewer mission, probably should leave these at home... he thinks as he returns his grenades to the Armorer. We don't need any accidents.

He proceeds to the muster at the north barracks and does one final check on his equipment and tightens down his gear so there is barely any noise when he jumps. All set.

Bervarda positions himself by a crate and glances around, making note of the Skitarii Primus and what he presumes is the commanding officer. He gets up and approaches Sgt. Damer: "Sir, I heard there was a seek and destroy operation. Requesting permission to command a squad."
((OOC: Figured I'd volunteer. If anybody else wants command, I'll yield it if y'all would prefer.))
No hymn can be so uplifting as the roar of these guns.
- Codex Blood Angels, 5th Ed.

Character: Kal Bervarda
Page:

Nevaraon

Postby Nevaraon » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:29 am

Sir Creedanfall "Croaker" Vervusius sauntered onto the site. His almost child-like grin was undaunted in the poor weather. The mood of the area seeming to roll off his personality like rain seemed to roll off his red and black leather cloak, which was wrapped around his similarly colored suit of archaic looking warplate. Glancing sidelong at the skittari, he approached the rather wet looking Krast.

"Good day to thee, cousin Krast. How doest thou fare on this lovely day?" He asked with all the sincerity in the world. "I hath been charged with assisting thou in thine sweep of yon sewer, due to my outstanding performance during the sweeps after the fall of Fort Stultus."

His grin hardly wavered, despite the prospect of ruining another pair of boots.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:03 am

[[OOC: What do you think if I'll join in with Duncan the Company Piper?]]

/

CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:51 pm

Techpriest Dave

Postby Techpriest Dave » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:28 pm

I figured it out!

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:25 pm

[[Medic or spearmaiden?]]

CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:50 pm

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:56 pm

[[OOC: A bit tired today to post the glorious entry of Callahan-Scott. Tomorrow]]

/

Delta011

Postby Delta011 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:01 pm

"Sorry about that, sir. Will do," says Bervarda before signing the Aquila, walking to Krast to get reassigned, and prepare to get the paperwork all squared up. I should remember these guys still have their hearing, he thinks as he remembers his old CO, who probably should have been reassigned to an artillery regiment in accordance with pamphlet 114//c.

He arrives in front of Krast "Sir, Sargent Damer referred me here for reassignment to squad leader for the operation. I can handle the paperwork if you would like."And if the Administratum says I have the permission, he thinks, but the paper-pushers won't really care as long as they have their pages.
No hymn can be so uplifting as the roar of these guns.
- Codex Blood Angels, 5th Ed.

Character: Kal Bervarda
Page:

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:24 pm

A lighter suddenly appeared in front of Krast, lighting up the lho stick. Once properly lit, the light ascends away from the Cadia and up to a well caved lho pipe. It's gentle light illuminating the heavily bearded face of Paxton, his eyes and rain slick cheeks reflecting some of the light. He takes a few puffs before address the two in a deep, husky voice.

"Hope you don't mind me joining you out here, some people around here don't like the smell of lho in the vehicles."

He gestures to the Taurox behind him which he had just hoped out of as he takes another puff.

"Isn't mine so I have to abide by the rules. Hopefully will be dry in the pipes aye?"

Suddenly remembering his manners, he takes the lho pipe out of his mouth and gives a friendly grin.

"Patxon moroz, pleasure to be driving for ya¡"

((Count me in for this! I hope you don't mind me barging in :P ))
//

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:56 am

Dekaneas Aikaterina Ianthas arrived at the rally point for the mission, frowning up at the rain. It wasn't what she was used to. On Syene Meridius Proximi, the rain had an oily texture to it, with a brown sheen and an acidic tingle. It was weird. She screwed up her face at the weather, and readjusted her medicae pack. The rain pattered off it with a metallic sound as she approached the group.

It was Cadian led, and she smiled. Her mother's people. Despite being Syenian, she still felt a kinship with them- doubly so, as evidenced by her purple eyes.

She walked up to the two in charge and saluted, making the sign of the cog across her chest. "Corporal Ianthas reporting for duty, sir. My expertise is medicae."

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:38 pm

What was previously mistook for a particulary uncomfortable thunder was soon changed to a horrible sound worse than anything the planet could throw at the guardsmen: The screeching horror that unfortunately came closer and closer put the cadians on edge for some thought it was an entire Noise Marine raiding party, but they were mistaken; it was much, much worse.

Seemingly ignoring the rain and mud the Company Piper of the 52nd Preatorian Regiment strode in full march through the streets, the heavy rain drops and dirt seemingly ignored him completely so much so even in this grey lighting his chrimson red flak coat was for all eyes to see, right under the full plead that extended from covering the shoulder to covering the front and back shielding the terrorizer from the rain but not shielding the gathered troops from the horror of the good ole' Vox-enhanced Preatorian Bagpipes!

In a display of impressive soldiering, the piper walked to Sgt. Damers, sharply saluted and proclaimed in full attention -not caring about water pouring upon his face or him being slowly decending deeper into the mud
"Sur! Company Piper Duncan Callahan-Scott o' th' 52 Preatorian Line Infantry arrived 'n' duin fur th' mission, Sur!"

/

Techpriest Dave

Postby Techpriest Dave » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:39 pm

I figured it out!

CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:20 pm