[PDF Faction] Naris PDF Barracks Courtyard

Anywhere within Naris Capitol city limits
Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:38 am

"We asked the hospital to send over any cases that matched the pattern of those deaths." Lothar explained, "And there were no new cases yesterday, whilst we were on the road. I can but hope it's the end of it, perhaps our presence scared the culprit away."
He looked a little downhearted at the failure to catch the poisoner, "But we still need to find the killer. My concern for our image isn't vanity, Foster. If the civilians start to fear us and think that we are harming them, then they will no longer trust us. They will not come to us with their problems, and may end up hurt or seeking an alliance with the rebels and Tau."

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:51 pm

//

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:16 am

Despite the good night's sleep, Lothar looked especially tired at the question, and sat down heavily on the edge of the desk.
"It had occurred to me. The patterns of the food and poisonings could mean it's us or the Guard. Or the Guard trying to discredit us. Or vice versa." the young commandant looked rather grey around his eyes, "If it is us, the civilians must never find out. I don't like lying to our own people, but they cannot lose faith in their own guard."

He nodded, "That is why we need you to look into the men here. I would scare people off. You have access to information that I don't."

Mordian Characters:

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:50 pm

At the mention of not telling the civilians, Foster's expression grew even grimmer. He had seen first hand how a secret like this can burn a whole right through the heart of and organization. It only took one lose lip to rupture a ship. But the Commandant had a point, their imagine had suffered too much already. A scandal of this magnitude would be the final nail in the coffin for the PDF.

Foster nodded as Lothar outlined the next step. "Leave it to me sir." the undertaker replied with grim determination rather than his usual gusto in excepting a task, "If it's one of ours, I'll find the rat."

Lothar would have learnt by now that out of all the skills the old man possessed, prying into other people's business was among his most refined abilities.
//

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:50 am

Kites after being in the hospital for no more than a few hours, has promptly snuck back out. The es-see-gee didn't mind visiting, but he wasn't going to stick around. Part of it might have been the mysterious sicknesses, but largely due to the fact that he didn't want another part replaced by cybernetics.

Any of the troopers who question his early release either found themselves running laps or doing push-ups. Most caught on and decided not to question Kites about it.

Kites right arm was still in a sling, though the bone fragment had been removed and his other wounds had been patched nicely.

Deciding he had caused enough terror on the drill fields, Kites makes his way over to Lothar's office, finally deciding to the Commandant know he's back on duty. Seeing the door closed, he knocks loudly, "Sergeant Ego, reporting for duty."

Furbnus

Postby Furbnus » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:16 pm

"Speak, soldier." Frak says to Kites as she casually saunters into Lothar's office, smelling faintly of steak and gunpowder. She props herself against a wall and looks around, "Roomy" she says sarcastically. "Anyway, I need ammo requisition forms for my new rifle. And new grenades. And rations and..." She begins rattling off a list things she desires, be it necessary or purely for personal use.
Characters:

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:19 pm

Lothar turned to the door with some confusion, and before he could address Kites, FrakFrak sauntered in.
The Commandant didn't wait for her to finish speaking, simply walked up behind her, put his hands under her arms, and bodily lifted her off the floor, before striding out and depositing her back in the corridor like a misbehaving cat.

Addressing Kites, McKinnon sighed, "Try and keep that one out of meetings, kindly. Foster and I were just finishing up."
Lothar closed the door on them both, appearing slightly irritated before the composure returned.
"Our people need to believe in us, and their city. If it is one of us, then we will see them punished, harder than if it was anyone else." there was a cold light in the younger man's eyes.
He blinked, and it was gone, "Now go test your upcoming offer skills on the pest outside." he chuckled, jerking a thumb towards the door, "I think interrupting a meeting deserves some kind of correction."

[[ Trying to actually get y'all out of the office so I can leave Lothar offscreen. XD ]]

Mordian Characters:

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:47 am

"Aye Aye," Kites shrugs using his good arm to grab FrakFrak's collar.

He sighs after the door closes, "Don't think he was happy to see us, yeah?" The Sergeant keeps a tight grip on the back of her collar, to not allow her to slip away. "So I hear you have a requisition request. Can't help ya there but..."

Finally he releases her. He reaches into his sling and pulls out a magazine, "Brand new. I believe that was our deal, yeah?"

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:00 pm

As FrakFrak entered the office, Foster's eyes widened a little in disblief as he gave us usual disgruntled look which he reserved for her. How on blue Terra did she out rank him?! The old man simply watch on as Lothar personal removed and deposited her with Kites also had just knocked before. At least he had manners.

As the Commandant returned and dismissed him, Foster face softened (as much as it possibly could) into a crooked smile at the request to deal with Frak. "Leave it to me sir. I think I know just the job.". With that Foster stepped out to meet the two on the other side of the door. "Ye can see the Commandant now Kites, I'll take good care of Frak from here." He chimed, his smile now direct at Frak.
//

Furbnus

Postby Furbnus » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:24 pm

Frak grabs the magazine and quickly flips through it, searching for deformities. Finding no reason to complain she puts it it her bag "Seems alright, keep these coming and I'll tame a knarloc." As Lothar exits and begins talking to Kites, Frak backs away slowly. When his face turns to her she bolts down the hallway and makes for the yard.
Characters:

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:08 pm

"Ah Foster, just the..." he pauses to watch FrakFrak race off towards the yard, "...If only she worked as hard at working as she does at slacking off, yeah?"

Kites turns his attention back to Foster, "Well when you're done with that, I have a job for ya. Obviously I can't handle drilling the troops till my arm is outta this sling, yeah? I figured you're a capable enough sort, how about you cover for me? I'm sure it would look good on your record when the question of your extra stripes comes up."

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:39 pm

//

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:07 am

Lothar would have smiled at the enthusiasm outside the door if he'd not had it trained out of him. Instead he watched impassively and with a reassured feeling that at least something was going positively.

Beckoning Kites in, he closed the door behind them both.
"I'll make this short. I have to meet with the Guard, talk through securing some assistance. I need you to hold the fort with Piper's old man whilst I'm gone. I don't expect trouble, but I can feel something brewing."

Mordian Characters:

TheRedauthar

Postby TheRedauthar » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:16 pm

"Askin' for help about the hospital, aye?" Kites sighs, "I don't believe anything has happened while we were gone. I don't think that's a good thing either."

The Sergeant doesn't hide his tiredness nor does he hide his worried look, "I know you don't want to hear this, but I think there's a troublemaker in our midst. I don't know if they're a traitor or something else, but I don't think that'll mater much to the Imperial Hangman."

"I'm not trying to dissuade you. Much as I hate to admit it, we probably need their help. But just know that we're playin' with fire. Hopefully we don't burn on both ends."