[Open] Influx

Anywhere within Naris Capitol city limits
LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:04 am

Victoria's icy blue glare turned to the Corporal. He didn't wait for permission to voice his opinion but she didn't mind since it came from a fellow Valhallan she knew. She listened to what he had to say then looked down as she considered it. It was obvious he was trying to get her out of trouble but his suggestion was reasonable. They had enough people here so she wouldn't be missed but her negligence had to be punished so she won't ever do it again. Negligence was how Guardsmen got killed. She came to a conclusion but she needed more information first.

She looked back up at Paxton. "What else do you have to do today, Corporal?" she asked him, ready to pick apart whatever his answer may be.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:54 am

"Well.." The corporal started as he comb his massive black beard with an equally massive and rough looking hand. "..I Still have half a dozen more orders to deliver, thankfully there not urgent like this one. Also most likely don't need help with those. Though there is the daily mail I could use a hand with moving and carrying about. There's the checks on the regiments working transports and fix the non working transports. And then there's doing those individual reports on our soldiers on the Cogitator which I do love sooo much."

It is clear by his sarcastic tone that like all in his position, he loathed it with undying hatred.
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:29 pm

Victoria listened to what Paxton had to say. It was nothing that really required a second person, especially with the transports because the Engiseers mainly handled that, but it did sound like busy work, which is exactly what Moto needed. After a few moments of thinking, she made up her mind and turned to the nervous Chem-Dog. "Well, Private Moto, if helping at the gate isn't fast paced enough for you then help Corporal Morov with his duties. After that show up for evening gate duty tonight. We'll teach you diligence yet. Dismissed," with that she walked over to Paxton, leaned in, and said quietly to him, "You're responsible for her. Keep her busy and make sure she isn't late for duty."

Her voice sounded almost grave, essentially telling him that if she fraks up under his watch it'll be his ass getting lit up too. However, she had faith that the Corporal won't let that happen. He was a capable NCO and fairly reliable. Plus, he knew what happened to those that let her down.

Toasty

Postby Toasty » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:14 am

Moto stood and watched the two exchange words, hoping to the emperor above that this corporal would bust her out of this mess and fortunately for her, he did. She squinted through her lens and saluted her once more. "I won't let you down this time, Ma'am!" That was a lie, it always was but it didn't stop her from saying it. She grumbled internally knowing she'd have to come back later in the evening and repeat this process but Moto had some tricks up her hole filled sleeves to make tonight interesting. She broke off from the two, backing up a couple spaces to get away from the Lieutenant and her uptight aura that surrounded her.

"Well come on then, Corporal show me what we're doing!" She tapped her foot and waited for him to move with her. Though she was out of a rough spot now, Moto began to suspect that today could more than likely get a lot worse than what it already had become.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:46 pm

"Yes ma'am." Paxton smiled as he saluted the lieutenant. Many would say Victoria had a heart of ice, but he knew better. He could see there was a gentler side within the hardened Valhallan shell.

"Settle down there Moto. As much as it's good to be energetic in your work, there's no need for too much rush.". Paxton hurried on after the impatient trooper, catching up and leading her on towards the servo hauler. "Will head back to grab the post whilst dropping off the odd order on the way. Rata should be able to take the two of us."
//

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:45 am

The Lieutenant returned the two salutes and watched as the duo went off to do Paxton's duties. She briefly considered if this was the wisest sentence for the Chem-Dog. Making her work with Paxton wasn't really a punishment but removing her to do something constructive was better than having an extra trooper lollygagging around civilians who already don't like them. Besides, the real punishment was to come when she showed up for evening duty. She'll see to it that the Chem Dog will learn diligence.

Satisfied that she adequately handled the situation and that everything else at the gate was in order, Victoria turned heel and departed to find something else to keep her from paperwork.

[[Lieutenant Neskovich has left the scene.]]

Toasty

Postby Toasty » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:13 am

"Settle down isn't in my vocabulary good sir and besides, who's Rata? is that some kinda oddball I've yet to meet?" She trotted to the man's side as they approached the servo hauler, her eyes danced across the frame of the vehicle with a bit of curiosity. "Do you ride around in this rust bucket all day?" She ran past him towards the vehicle to inspect it by jumping onto one of its tracks and looking it over, giving the haulers shell a hard smack. "What do you even use this for? Leisure?" She let out a chuckle and sat upon its hull, idly tapping at the metal as she anxiously anticipated leaving the gate to an odd adventure elsewhere.

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:48 pm

"This is Rata." The Valhallan answers as he indicated to the spray paint on the vehicles side. On a decorative back round of light blue and purple, the words 'Zig-zag Rata II' are also sprayed on in bold, bright yellow lettering. He chuckles along with Moto as he continued to answer the idle question. "I take him for a spin whenever I can so that the machine spirit doesn't get grumpy, but with my work load I only really get the chance when duties permitted. A word of the wise, promotions are another work for more work."

Paxton gives a light hearted wink with his advice. He doesn't show the slightest annoyance as other NCO's would at the trooper's behaviour, but instead seems to grin with a cheerful demeanour. "Would you like to learn how to drive him? It would be good if you could do the driving for the post and order deliveries."
//

Toasty

Postby Toasty » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:00 pm

Moto shook her head frantically jutting her hands out defensively "You wouldn't want me driving something like that... I'm good at maybe a tanks controls.. but that? That looks like I'll break my hands!" That, of course, was a lie Moto just didn't want to do anything that required effort. The Chem-Dog let out a sight and nestled into her spot at the top the vehicle, beckoning the man forth. "C'mon, let's just get out of here!" She sneered behind her mask glaring the occasional dagger into the people at the gates back. "Sucks to be them!"

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:08 pm

"He's not that hard to handle." Paxton replied to the penal soldiers protest as he checked his chrono. "Though maybe another time, we do need to get a move on."

With that the Valhallan launched his entire mass to the makeshift saddle, rocking the servo hauler as he makes his landing. With a pump of a nob and a punching in of an ignition crank, Rata puffed to life once more. Easing a lever on a half circle frame, Paxton gave a quick smile to his passenger. "You might want to hold on, he gives a bit of a kick when he starts.". With this the Corporal dropped what seemed to be the brake lever and with a sudden transaction from puffing to chugging, the small tractor like engine lurched forward. Guiding his mount back to the road, Paxton set there course back towards the centre of the base, leaving those who remained in a small cloud of dust.

[[Paxton has now left the scene, cheers for the fun]]
//